Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
bigal123
23 Nov 12 08:37
| Topic/replies: 138 | Blogger: bigal123's blog
It appears the one last taboo subject that we cannot discuss in an open manner is racism. Child abuse is out there with every person who ever met Jimmy Saville being put under the spotlight and all sorts of people getting mentioned online as having a preference for children.

However, my belief is that the vast majority of society whether they are white, black, asian etc are fundamentally racist. We live in a segrated society and it is just part of human nature to fear what we don't know or what we see as 'different'. So my thoughts are that we should accept racism and treat it as a disease that needs tolerated and managed. Ask yourself honestly have you ever looked at someone from a different race and had some negative thoughts purely based on their colour, race, religon. 99% of readers will have to accept this if they are honest.

So based on this why is racism treated as a crime worse than child abuse? Why can we not accept it exists and treat it correctly? It appears to me we have taken politically correctness to a whole new extreme. How else can you explain the evil and twisted scum Abu Hamza still walking freely in our society? Why does a referee almost lose his job and get accused of being a monster for doing nothing wrong? Why if you post a tweet accusing someone of being a lazy ni@@er are you likely to lose your freedom/job yet people who destroy childrens lives are allowed to get away with it for years unchallenged.

I think it is time we accepted we are human beings and as such racism is as much part of us as is lust, greed, hate etc. We are not perfect and need to accept we are in danger of dragging our society down by trying to silence racism. It exists and we should deal with it.

Finally, a friend of mine whose mother died recently at the age of 80+ was chatting about her and her life. She was in the hospital once and was being attended to by Asian nurses. She privately referred to them in conversation as 'darkies'. She would never have called them that openly and as the old saying goes she would not have harmed a fly. This was just a human reaction to something different in her eyes. This attitude still exists in many and these people are not evil or monsters but we are in danger of trying to treat the majority of the population as such. We need to get real and accept this exists and try to educate and manage it - that's what will put the 'great' back in Britain.
Pause Switch to Standard View Racism is just a part of life like...
Show More
Report Ylime November 23, 2012 8:39 AM GMT
We need a politics phorum where these issues can be debated openly with like minded folks.
Report dod November 23, 2012 8:42 AM GMT
For all phorofumGrin
Report holywell November 23, 2012 8:47 AM GMT
All for one and one phor phorum.Mischief
Report TheJudge November 23, 2012 8:49 AM GMT
is drug addiction just a part of life Confused
Report motley01 November 23, 2012 9:08 AM GMT
It's ever present in all of us, it's perceived as a social disease, put forward by the
left. And any form prejudice exhibited by an individual, will hamper your inclusion into the
bourgeoisie, and intellectual class's. It's essentially a working class/upper class affliction
apparently, which is in ironic in itself. Just so you are in no doubt.

I'm free from all forms of prejudice and racism, I hate each and every one the ****s equallyLaugh
Report Mr Spock November 23, 2012 9:14 AM GMT
It also seems that the spoken word now offends people more than physical harm, you can beat people up even murder, abuse young children and get what are are very paltry sentences and most people read about this and don't bat an eyelid. But call someone or even be overheard calling anybody anything perceived to be racist or homophobic etc and people go ballistic. Sticks and stones........
Report motley01 November 23, 2012 9:18 AM GMT
Perfect summation Mr Spock, set new heading, at warp factor nine.
Report Mr Spock November 23, 2012 9:21 AM GMT
Live long and prosper.
Report roggrain November 23, 2012 10:04 AM GMT
I'm white and British. I much prefer Asian women to British white women. Does this make me a racist?  mmmmmm.
If it does then this to me is racism(small r)as apposed to Racism (big r).
Racism(big r) is treating someone with disrespect (or worse) based on their race.
People who behave like that should simply be ignored ,unless they commit harmful acts,in which case they should be charged for committing harmful acts.Racism shouldn't come into it.
In a just society tolerence allows for racism but not Racism.
Report roggrain November 23, 2012 10:18 AM GMT
Actually,come to think of it,we're all racists on here. Some of us like the flat and others the jumps!
Report roggrain November 23, 2012 10:19 AM GMT
Actually,come to think of it,we're all racists on here. Some of us like the flat and others the jumps!
Report ebulGery November 23, 2012 10:30 AM GMT
Racism has always been with us when we get immigrants from a different culture

e.g it used to the Jews or Irish

But I think there is a particular problem with people of a different skin colour

it makes it impossible for these people to blend in unnoticed...simply because of their colour

so for an identry they have to retain their own culture or at least a version of it

The problem started here with immigration being encouraged from the commonwealth in the 1950s imo

a solution to a short term labour shortage

Our government is loathe to act because they are  called rascist

and accused of wanting to put 6 million people in gas ovens..quite ridiculous of course

and of course it is politcal suicide

anyone remember Enoch Powell

Anyone born in this country is of course a British citizen

and has to be accepted as such

I think multiculturism works in London...or used to

but in some of our northern/midland towns I dont think it does

but we have to live with it now

I am not trying to offend anyone of a different skin colour on here

just stating my opinion

I treat people as individuals in everyday life...skin colour, race does not come in to it
Report wildmanfromborneo November 23, 2012 10:38 AM GMT
The racism of the political elite is aimed firmly at the English white working class.
The Education system now denigrates all British achievement and lauds and promotes foreign cultures and dare I say it inferior ones.
What has happened in England over the last fifty years is unprecedented historically,the English are being wiped out and it is only a matter of time before London is under Sharia Law.
Report motley01 November 23, 2012 10:55 AM GMT
Here we go, last two posts, "dare i say it" and " I don't what to offend anyone"
Say what you think, not what you think people want to hear or your afraid to say. I think multiculturalism works
in London, I can tell you It doesn't work at all.
Report motley01 November 23, 2012 11:06 AM GMT
you're. Doh
Report HarryHandi November 23, 2012 11:08 AM GMT
I travelled to a poker tournament in london last year, got down to the last 2 tables when 2 swedish players were talking in their language at the table.The chinese dealer correctly stated "english only" at the table.One swede smugly replied that there were no english players left in the tournament.Quick as a flash the dealer said there are no english left in london but thats the rules Shocked
Report Captain Christy November 23, 2012 1:11 PM GMT
These sorts of questions do tend to distress the feeble minded, just worry about yourself, absolutely laughable to give a balls what skin colour someone else has.
Report desperatemunter November 23, 2012 1:57 PM GMT
racism isn't a thing in it's own right - just a characteristic of people who don't know how to behave. Such people treat their own kind with equal lack of respect/unkindness.  They are failed humans.  ( meatbags, a waste of biomass, to be blunt)
Report Vubiant November 23, 2012 2:11 PM GMT
bigal123 is quite correct -racism is indeed built in to the human psyche.
Most racist sentiment is unexpressed or applied covertly.
The problem with racist thinking is that it is based on unjustified over-generalisation ...in other words an individual is treated only as an expression of attributed racial stereotypes.
racism is omnipresent throughout the world and cannot be eliminated .Best we can do is to try to ensure that racist attitudes do not seep into our laws or social systems and that if individuals are shown to have been adversely affected by racist actions they can achieve redress.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com