Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Jontyblade
23 Oct 12 14:10
| Topic/replies: 877 | Blogger: Jontyblade's blog
Has he tried one jot on that thing there?
Show More
Report starkeycars October 23, 2012 2:11 PM BST
I laid the fav so I was very pleased from that effort from Davy boy
Report richters October 23, 2012 2:12 PM BST
NO an absolute embarassment to irish racing......
Report olddesperado October 23, 2012 2:13 PM BST
tried when no chance. Betting told the story 1.4 to 1.9 in the last hour or so
Report Nightfly October 23, 2012 2:16 PM BST
shocking stuff

Absolutely Nothing Ever Chamges... Irish racing must be amongst the most pre ordained racing on the planet.

It was miles clear what was gonna happen..Russell didnt even seem to be disguising his attempt at 'obtaining the
best possible placing'.. with an economy completly on the rocks expect more of this corrupt business.

Terrible.
Report thebrave October 23, 2012 2:17 PM BST
Davy has previous for letting one get comfortably away from him, before "appearing" to make an effort Wink
Report starfish and coffee October 23, 2012 2:36 PM BST
The ATR studio thought he was struggling a long way out !!
Report ph. October 23, 2012 2:36 PM BST
I thought he was holding on to nothing from 2 out,the winner a much better animal today.
Report richters October 23, 2012 2:37 PM BST
john hunt......REALLY......wudnt know if a horse was on the bridle or hard ridden ffs....
Report Jontyblade October 23, 2012 2:37 PM BST
brilliant response from the studio... "he was struggling a long way out but your opinions are just as valid!"

makes you wonder how blatant it would need to be for ATR to raise an eyebrow
Report steeringjobnap October 23, 2012 2:37 PM BST
It's actually code for "protecting the owner's interests over that of the paying punter".
Report ph. October 23, 2012 2:40 PM BST
you don't need ATR to flag up a bad ride, bad luck or blatant non jigger.We have our own eyes,gauge the shenanigans yourself through whatever unbiased standpoint you view a race. Clearly losing wagers often cloud perspective.
Report Jontyblade October 23, 2012 2:41 PM BST
you didn't need to lose cash on that one to see how bad it was
Report starfish and coffee October 23, 2012 2:42 PM BST
And winning ones by the looks of it ph.
Report ph. October 23, 2012 2:45 PM BST
sorry S/C, wasn't involved,I was sad enough to go with Nickels and Dimes and Mr Mole in a double.
Report thebrave October 23, 2012 3:03 PM BST
For fans of the "Davy watch!" he's on another Gigginstown fav here Wink
Report denathorn October 23, 2012 3:04 PM BST
Another drifting Fav
Report comicbookguy October 23, 2012 3:04 PM BST
Uneasy fav? no kidding , Davy paying for xmas today by the looks of it.
Report starfish and coffee October 23, 2012 3:11 PM BST
De ja vu
Report starkeycars October 23, 2012 3:12 PM BST
Great stuff from Davy again a lovely lay !
Report Teletext Addict October 23, 2012 3:12 PM BST
sweet lord davy that was awful never put in the race at all digusting
Report comicbookguy October 23, 2012 3:12 PM BST
I layed it so won but that was so obvious never wanted to get close and seemed to clatter every hurdle, not knocked about? come on .....
Report denathorn October 23, 2012 3:13 PM BST
He did amazing to keep it out of the place, so obvious wow, stewards?
Report chavman October 23, 2012 3:13 PM BST
didnt back either thank fook.woeful
Report maxheadroom October 23, 2012 3:14 PM BST
the apoligists will be on soon to defend him.... after they withdraw.
Report comicbookguy October 23, 2012 3:17 PM BST
Bet if it was punted it would not have hit every hurdle or given half a track head start. I realise it happens but does not make it right. What hope have racing for change got when this is what goes on.
Report starfish and coffee October 23, 2012 3:17 PM BST
Os should I say Davy va ju
Report carrot1960 October 23, 2012 3:17 PM BST
its par for the course and the stewards wont say a word again
Report olddesperado October 23, 2012 3:21 PM BST
In this day and age thats too much. I spend too much time and effort on here to back horses to be given rides like that. Hri will only have themselves to blame when they have no levy money .
Thats me finished backing on irish racing except major races
Report steeringjobnap October 23, 2012 3:22 PM BST
What's worse is that the Irish state broadcaster will celebrate the GH horses as national equine heroes if/when success arrives at the Festival.

This is despite some early-season efforts which in effect pick the pocket of the very same people who are their most vocal GH supporters.

It's beyond parody.
Report easygold October 23, 2012 3:26 PM BST
I have been watching Davy Russell along time now, and his errors are giving his mounts too much to do and racing widest off the rail. Look he rides many winners we know, but today is very suspect, and u will see many more I can asure you. I spoke to him about two of his rides that I punted a couple of years ago at a Chel Preview. And he said I rode under instructions. My answer was so you where told to ride 6 off the rail. He looked at me and smiled and sat down. Do watch with interest how wide he races at times don`t get it at all.
Report maxheadroom October 23, 2012 3:27 PM BST
wont be long before a punter will lose it and give a jock a bit of swift justice.
Report Teletext Addict October 23, 2012 3:32 PM BST
have to agree with you max.. with the way things are jockeys will soon need personal security guards with rides like that!!
Report richters October 23, 2012 3:39 PM BST
a bit more prominent this time......
Report maxheadroom October 23, 2012 3:43 PM BST
straight as a dye take it all back you pockettalkers
Report Ekbalco October 23, 2012 3:43 PM BST
Shove that in their pieholes Davy!!!!
Report richters October 23, 2012 3:44 PM BST
geraghtys fkn at it now....ffs......
Report easygold October 23, 2012 3:44 PM BST
One ride ur talking about, get a grip.
Report thebrave October 23, 2012 3:44 PM BST
The ride on Sea of Thunder at Cheltenham the other day looked questionable to me Confused
Seemed to drop it so far out that pulling up would not have been a shock at one point, then he appeared to have a chance coming down the hill, but the job had already been done by
then Wink
Bet he sh1t himself when Walsh nearly fell off at the second last when clear of him LaughLaugh
Report Ekbalco October 23, 2012 3:46 PM BST
Davy is the 4th best jockey riding in these sceptr'd Isles.
Report carrot1960 October 23, 2012 3:48 PM BST
easy gold ,  what errors . errors are mistakes and his last ride was no mistake horse  never put into race .i know the stewards sre blind when it comes to this combination , but even they should notice that it makes no difference if the short price fav's are from 2.3.4 different stables when one gets a school and finishes out with the washing they all do'
Report MJK October 23, 2012 3:49 PM BST
It's the same set of rules for Davy on the blatant Gigginstown non triers ..

1. Start off up with the pace so as not to be too obvious and try to hit as many hurdles as you can so you can blame the poor show on poor jumping.
2. As the race develops (from halfway) start dropping a few lengths off the one they want(usually the well backed 2nd fav)
3. Turn wide into the straight and shake the arms a bit, all the while the one they want is clear and hacking up.

If a normal Joe Punter can see this why can't the authorities?
Report Ekbalco October 23, 2012 3:52 PM BST
Look - anyone who knows their salt knows that Gigginstown Maiden/Novice drifters by 33% or more form lowest matched odds never win.

Davy rides for Mr. Ryan and what he says goes - horses don't eat fresh air you know.
Report MJK October 23, 2012 3:57 PM BST
Ekbalco jockeys have been getting away with the old 'they're just doing what they're told' carrot for years. Doesn't make them any less culpable.
Report Ekbalco October 23, 2012 4:24 PM BST
emmers - they were given nice quiet introductions to hurdling that will stand them in good stead for hopefully their 30+ race careers.

If you're suggesting every horse in every rave should be flogged to high heavens to obtain the best possible placing then your wasting yo time on the wrong sport.
The trick is to spot when they're revved and when they're not - it's all part of the fun.

Most peeps on hear like nothing mote than placing their own wagering stupidity on the shoulders of the steerers.

If you're stupid enough to wager your hard earbned dosh on midgets perched on half ton quadruped's backs - THEN DON'T WHINGE WHEN IT DOESN'T WORK OUT FOR YOU.
Report Blades October 23, 2012 4:26 PM BST
MJK, There are too many senior people on the gravy train....it's rotten and we all know it. Still 32000 folk at Ascot on Saturday so everythings all right?
Report wildmanfromborneo October 23, 2012 5:51 PM BST
I understand the disappointment of backing losers but blaming Davy Russell dot the defeats of Cops And Robbers and War Correspondent is just ridiculous.The drift on Cops And Robbers was caused by the weight of money on Sizing Rio,the same thing happened when the money flooded in for Seafood which caused War Correspondent to drift,although how a horse who failed to win his point to point could be so short was strange for a start.Michael OLeary does not gamble at all at all and you can guarantee his horses try,there was a big drift on Rye Martini in the first at the Junction yesterday yet he won.
Report MJK October 23, 2012 6:45 PM BST
Wildman why was there a weight of money on the two losers? Nobody has accused O'Leary of being a gambler, but it's obvious that a) a lot of his horses are given easy's early in the season, and b)people seem to know this in advance hence the flood of money for the winners of these races. Looking at the people who trains for him it's not a big stretch to think that financially they're better off after these races. The fact that all these races seem to follow the same plan is there for everyone to see.
Report MJK October 23, 2012 6:46 PM BST
* 2 winners not losers
Report Bigwillystyle October 23, 2012 6:49 PM BST
MJK of course certain people know that those horses were either A)Not as good as the market thought at the start of the day or B)Horses needed the run or both.  Sizing Rio is a very decent horse and the Second horse would never beat him.  The Morris horse was a crazy price in the morning.
Report MJK October 23, 2012 6:54 PM BST
I wouldn't disagree, but these races are the latest in a long line that the intention is the same from the Gigginstown camp. First Lieutenant was probably the highest profile one and some people actually defended it.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 23, 2012 6:57 PM BST
MJK I can't disagree with your last post all your points are valid but this thread was implying Russell wasn't trying and that's where I disagree.
Irish racing is parochial and word gets out,I think Cops And Robbers will find it difficult to win his maiden and maybe the big Meade layer heard he was no good and lumped on Sizing Rio.
Report wildmanfromborneo October 23, 2012 6:59 PM BST
MJK I am referring to your post of 18.45.
Report Bigwillystyle October 23, 2012 6:59 PM BST
I agree that some are given a very easy time and we all know who is laying them....  I dont tend to back in these races so im not affected much by it but i can see your point of view.  Some are overrated in the market and its price correction and some arent...
Report Bigwillystyle October 23, 2012 7:00 PM BST
I would agree with Wildman on Cops and Robbers.  Morris horse could be alright over fences
Report MJK October 23, 2012 7:02 PM BST
I do agree definately that some are shorter than they should be because of the connections. It seems that everyone of them that comes from the point to point fields are expected to be another Denman!
Report denathorn October 23, 2012 7:06 PM BST
Russell was trying on those 2 favs? You gotta be aving a larf ffs. We have 2 eyes for a reason!
Report montablo October 23, 2012 7:10 PM BST
He wasn't trying a yard on trifolioum the other day either bigger fish to fry so the made a few pound for the next day
Report wildmanfromborneo October 23, 2012 7:16 PM BST
Cops And Robbers is no good it's as simple as that,Russell tried on both horses any reasonable race reader could see that.
Report lapsy pa October 23, 2012 7:42 PM BST
The "right horses" won,more people happy than not i suppose.
Report BJG December 31, 2013 4:54 PM GMT
Gone form Giggi
Report G Hall December 31, 2013 10:10 PM GMT
ttt
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com