Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Lets Elope
24 Jun 12 12:41
| Topic/replies: 11,542 | Blogger: Lets Elope's blog
Surely this is self explanatory even for those who on here who have clearly had frontal lobotomy's as veterinary reports don't lie, it illustrates clearly as we categorically stated that she was miles below her best yesterday

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/superracing/black-caviar-tears-two-muscles-in-diamond-jubilee-stakes-win-at-royal-ascot/story-fn67siys-1226406958515

Black Caviar tears two muscles in Diamond Jubilee Stakes win at Royal Ascot
by: Ray Thomas
June 24, 2012 9:08PM

UNBEATEN Black Caviar was on Sunday night diagnosed with two muscle tears and severe bruising to her hind quarters following her famous win in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot.

Veterinarians told trainer Peter Moody "she would have definitely felt it during the run".

"She's had something like this before," Moody said, adding he did not know when she might have picked up the injuries.

"She's entering quarantine today, we're sending her home, but we'll be able to have the injuries treated whilst she's in quarantine."

Vets inspected the unbeaten mare at her Newmarket stable base and located the muscle injury and bruising.

The physical issues could explain why her customary acceleration and speed were missing during the Diamond Jubilee Stakes.

The "Wonder From Down Under" was still poised to register another comfortable win when jockey Luke Nolen controversially dropped his hands near the line, almost costing the mare her unbeaten record.

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Recommended Coverage
Black Caviar survives scare
Owners delay decision on Caviar's future
Caviar drama at Royal Ascot

End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.

Given the vagaries of travel, Nolen's riding blunder and the injuries the mare sustained during the race, the Diamond Jubilee Stakes may now go down as one of her greatest of her 22 wins.

Moody said Black Caviar ate up after her Royal Ascot win but admitted the mare was "very flat and tired" this morning.

Moody said no decision on Black Caviar's racing future would be made until the mare had returned to Australia, recovered from her injuries and enjoyed a deserved spell.

Moody is still hopeful Black Caviar will race in Melbourne during the spring carnival.

Caviar, the 1/6 ($1.16) favourite scrambled in by only a head from Moonlight Cloud $6, with Restiadargent (40/1) a neck away third.

Soul, the former Sydney sprinter who would not have got near Black Caviar in Australia, finished fourth, only about a length from the great mare.

Black Caviar certainly wasn't at her supreme best but she was still able to win the 12th Group 1 win of her career, taking her prizemoney to more than $6.5 million.
Pause Switch to Standard View Black Caviar diagnosed with two...
Show More
Report RichWill June 24, 2012 12:43 PM BST
And if she picked up the injuries in the last fifty yards when she was asked to quicken up again...?
Report saddo June 24, 2012 12:46 PM BST
We need more threads on this topic.
Report Ralph Malph June 24, 2012 12:51 PM BST
If she had got beat then she would have been found to have malaria, gangrene and trench foot. Not saying the excuses were ready though
Report HorseRacingExpert June 24, 2012 12:53 PM BST
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz... more aussie excuses,what an embarrassment
Report Lets Elope June 24, 2012 1:04 PM BST
I think his last comment sums up HRE's total knowledge of racing, a big fat zero.
Report HorseRacingExpert June 24, 2012 1:08 PM BST
'our horse was proven to be not quite as good as we thought,oh dear,what shall we do to try and save face and cover it up so that we can pretend that she is a superstar again'

'i'v got it,we can make up some bullsh1t that cant possibly be proven about her having all sorts of injuries' that might work'CrazyCrazyCrazyCrazy

the world was watching and the world now knows the truth about BC,not quite the superstar after all im afraid
Report imagele June 24, 2012 1:15 PM BST
OK - picture this.  Frankel travels over to America for the Breeders' Cup.  He has a difficult trip but everyone thinks he is still OK to run.  It is the end of a long season for him - he races in the Classic or the Mile on ground he is not that used to - and races against good but not great horses.  He wins the race by a short distance - just falls in.

In this scenario - how would we feel if the Americans said all the races that he had won over here were worthless - that he had been over-hyped and that he wasn't the champion we said he was? We would be furious and think the Americans were arrogant and parochial.

She suffers from comparison with Frankel - but lets be fair - according to Timeform so would Nijinsky, Sea Bird, Sir Ivor, Galileo, Mill Reef and Brigadier Gerard.

She is a great filly - let's stop being such bad sports...
Report elisjohn June 24, 2012 1:16 PM BST
worse excuses and sour grapes ever was hannons and hughes with c cliffs last year, i actually thought b caviar must be one hell of a horse to go from standstill to going away in less than 20 yds, and makes you wonder if another furlong to go might have done a frankel
Report Lets Elope June 24, 2012 1:24 PM BST
Seriously, you're really exposing yourself now as a first class clown who can't acknowledge the fact that her performance under the circumstances was extraordinary.

Do yourself a favour and quit while your ahead before you lose any remote shred of credibility you may have had previously.

The fact that Soul finished within two lengths of her is ample evidence of her performance being severely affected and we repeatedly stated this  to simpletons such as yourself before we even knew about her being injured.

Fact Star Witness can't get within 8 lengths of her in the Group 1 Newmarket at his last start before leaving for the UK and runs 2nd btn a half length in the kings stand and then finished 3rd btn 1 3/4 lengths a few days later in the Golden Jubilee and you still want to maintain that she wasn't well below her best yesterday, stop embarrassing yourself mate, facts, figures and vet reports don't lie.

Your own rating system which according to you lot is the bible, rates souls miles below Black Caviar now are your ratings craap all of  sudden, you can't have it both ways mate.
Report Ralph Malph June 24, 2012 1:29 PM BST
Another furlong and I think that she would have been beaten. The jockey more or less said she was all out.
But it is all speculation anyway, no one will ever know.

But I was rooting for her to get beat cos all the gob**** Aussies kept saying was they wanted the Poms beaten.

Fair play to them for coming over to us though, but their horses aren't all they are cracked up to be.

As for Hughesy moaning about prizemoney, whats wrong with the prestige of winning the races? He ought to try working on a building sire for £100 a day
Report Ralph Malph June 24, 2012 1:29 PM BST
^^site
Report elisjohn June 24, 2012 8:42 PM BST
imo hughes is a first class prick
Report Dr Gonzo June 24, 2012 8:50 PM BST
Getting a bit tedious now from both sides...

If anyone honestly thinks the horse ran to her best yesterday, then they're an idiot. Wouldn't be the first time she'd picked up an injury during the race, so I don't have too much doubt that this is true.

Talk of it being 'sour grapes' is just stupid, given that she won.

After travelling 10,000 miles, running on a track very different to what she's experienced back home, it's still a great acheivement. Glad I went yesterday, and i'll always remember that I was there to see it. It's a mystery to me why people want to do her down.
Report kevo June 24, 2012 11:23 PM BST
I don't doubt that she ran below her best and that she may have picked up an injury at some stage during the race, but this didn't seem evident immediately after the race as her jockey cantered her down past the grandstand and back in order to give the crowd a view of her. Despite what happened in the finish it was a nice gesture by the jockey.
Report megsy June 24, 2012 11:28 PM BST
seriously, you should be ashamed of yourselves, bury your head, hide in shame,go have a bath, you lot cant even beat an injured mare whose travelled half way around the world out of season.

Even poor luke nolan had a brain freeze and tried to hand it on a platter for you lot Laugh

remember the history books will show.

1st Black Caviar

2nd Who cares
Report Hound-Dog-2 June 24, 2012 11:33 PM BST
So glad she won, otherwise the jockey blunder would almost be on a par
with Greville Starkey and nobody would ever have forgotten it !
Report GT-MOLE June 24, 2012 11:39 PM BST
Accept it megsy..........you have been put away with the torn muscle during the race bull.

The moon is made of cheese btw.Wink
Report cornubia June 24, 2012 11:53 PM BST
All horses suffer micro tears in their muscles during hard physical exercise.
It is the natural trigger mechanism that strengthens muscles after exercise.
It is typical black art PR spin to try to pass this off to a gullible public who in their ignorance naturally presume two major muscles were we ripped in half and the horse somehow vainly struggled on.

The destruction of the micro-filaments (actin, myosin) in a muscle cell that enable it to contract. The destruction of these filaments prevent the function of that muscle cell. A large amount of micro tears in a large amount of muscle cells contributes to the soreness present during exercise or training and is what triggers the body into producing stronger muscles.
Report Arklearkle June 25, 2012 12:01 AM BST
It seems to me that the first time she was put under pressure she injured herself. Does not say much for the other great sprinters down-under.
Report bigted. June 25, 2012 12:56 AM BST
think youll find the second horse will go on and be a good horse and she did beat last years jubilee winner by lengths eased down,with career ending injuries..

11 straight + 11 straight =22

Mischief
Report Angel Gabrial June 25, 2012 1:43 AM BST
Had Society Rock not missed the break very badly he would have won. He is a consistent type with a OR of 117 then there is a string of horses close behind with similar or lower ratings!

Its similar form to Choisir, who was not dominant in Australia. Surely Black Caviar is better than Choisir.
Report duffy June 25, 2012 2:13 AM BST
Let's say she's injured, the fact remains though, that when she is in a race where she has to dig in,her body can't take it and crumples like a cheap suit.
Report ima_mazed66 June 25, 2012 3:43 AM BST
Trainer Peter Moody confirmed Black Caviar had pulled up sore after her narrow win. and

"She's torn some muscles up high behind (hindquarter) and pulled up very tender," trainer Peter Moody said as he prepared to fly out of London.

Er and how exactly does he know how she pulled up? Did the jockey tell him? The very same jockey that brought the horse to a stop after the race but then rode her part way down the course and back again in celebration to accept the plaudits but still stayed on her back the whole time, even kissing the trainer from up there and then what, in the next breath said "oh yeah boss and one more thing, she's pulled up sore and tender"

You would think the jockey would have at the very least have jumped off of her or more likely the trainer got him off of her once he had been told she was injured and that both of them would be more concerned for her well-being and the celebrations would take second place to that. Unless of course.....

Moody had the mare thoroughly examined last night and again this morning and reported that no career-ending injuries were found.

"She is very tender up in her hind quarters but it is restricted to soft tissue damage," the trainer said. " We gave her precautionary X-rays and had her scanned and the vets said everything looked ok on that front, but the chiropractor said that she is quite sore and tender behind.

Translation:

Vet: I can't find anything wrong with her.

Chiropractor: Here, let me have a go and see what I can come up with.

This is the same vet and chiropractor they brought with them right?

But yeah OK Black Caviar was injured and I'm hung like Frankel. Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com