Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
adge
25 May 12 19:57
| Topic/replies: 7,462 | Blogger: adge's blog
isn't it time this merchant was tarred and feathered
Pause Switch to Standard View 1/8th the odds each way at towcester
Show More
Report 545APG May 25, 2012 8:19 PM BST
And no flactions!!
Report mange May 25, 2012 8:22 PM BST
Bet wiv penies..................stand there & pay im..............
Report daniels mother May 25, 2012 8:35 PM BST
and hung up by his b0ll0x ( oh i forgot he hasnt any !! )punters BEWARE this charleton also bets at Beverley /redcar/huntingdon /hereford ETC
Report roo May 25, 2012 8:44 PM BST
jesus that is bad, i can suffer 1/5th in them 16 runners hcaps tbf but thats evil..
Report aberdonia May 25, 2012 8:46 PM BST
in a free market the consumer has the choice.

arithmetically challenged punters dont deserve any sympathy imo.
Report fawwon May 25, 2012 8:49 PM BST
Take a quality photo of his stall and stick it up on here
Report Ken O'sback May 25, 2012 9:04 PM BST
not all punters are as bright as yourself aberdonia SadSad
Report adge May 25, 2012 9:19 PM BST
also bets at pontefract , chester and york
Report never give up May 25, 2012 9:20 PM BST
name and shame
Report adge May 25, 2012 9:24 PM BST
JACK WILSON............but you won't shame him whatever you say
Report zipper May 25, 2012 9:27 PM BST
aberdonia  i agree ..why anyone has anything to do with bookies  when we have the exchanges .
Report never give up May 25, 2012 9:27 PM BST
thought that adge
Report You'vegotit May 25, 2012 9:28 PM BST
There are 4 handicap races tomorrow at Haydock and I will be betting 1/4 the odds the first 4 in each of them, but if the punters snub me for the 1/5 and the 1/6 odds merchants who are showing slightly higher win odds than me and as a result I hardly take any bets, then it will be the last day that I 'play the game' and offer the correct each way terms.
Report adge May 25, 2012 9:41 PM BST
good luck on your last day
Report You'vegotit May 25, 2012 10:03 PM BST
At least I can say I tried :-)
Report You'vegotit May 25, 2012 10:05 PM BST
I will post how many bets (I didn't take) tomorrow night.
Report mmmalushka May 25, 2012 10:12 PM BST
Simple solution,re-regulate the on course books ie bet traditional tattersal place terms or bet win only which worked until they were de-regulated.
Report mmmalushka May 25, 2012 10:12 PM BST
Simple solution,re-regulate the on course books ie bet traditional tattersal place terms or bet win only which worked until they were de-regulated.
Report dr . atkins May 25, 2012 10:14 PM BST
i am fed up with bookmakers coming on here and having a go at jack wilson,lets get this 100per cent right he is not breaking the law he puts hes own money in the bag and he dont have 5 share holders on the firm like some books, until the rule is done away with he can put what prices he likes up and can put what e.w terms he wants, we must of had atleast 14 threads on here if you dont like it do something about instead of coming on here crying all the time
Report daniels mother May 25, 2012 10:20 PM BST
what do you think adge is doing ? doing something !!educating the punters that it is not ALL on course books who have gone bad .
Report daniels mother May 25, 2012 10:21 PM BST
mmmaluska you are right (first time ive said that ) but do you realise how bad the win part of each way used to be ?
Report Red Hiney Monkey May 25, 2012 10:22 PM BST
dr atkins = Jack Wilson?
Report marc1013 May 25, 2012 10:28 PM BST
Tell them they are a judas then shake your head and walk away hen when. Fav looks good take them for loads and smile as you count your winnings
Report mmmalushka May 25, 2012 10:32 PM BST
Daniels Mother,yes but many a time I,ve asked a win only board for ew and got it
Report bbc2 May 25, 2012 10:45 PM BST
there are no rules on each way and there will never again be standard terms,its called a free marketLaugh
Report daniels mother May 25, 2012 10:48 PM BST
what adge is trying to do is educate the non regular punter,they virtually never read any signs ,and only know they have been ripped off when going to draw .
Report Huggy May 25, 2012 10:50 PM BST
Are we talking the pitch with the oriental lady?
Report daniels mother May 25, 2012 10:51 PM BST
yes huggy
Report TheNorfolkMafia May 25, 2012 10:51 PM BST
Re, Jack Wilson,

Why don't you on-course guys, smash his f*cking head in!

He's ruining your businesses!
Report daniels mother May 25, 2012 10:53 PM BST
i think a punter will beat us to it Grin
Report chatto May 25, 2012 10:55 PM BST
Also bets at Redcar.
Report TheNorfolkMafia May 25, 2012 10:59 PM BST
daniels mother,

They want to hurry up then!

Whatever do you do, if you are pitched up beside him, or behind him?
Report MaxED May 25, 2012 11:03 PM BST
Have heard he has employed 7 new staff and is in the process of purchasing multi pitches for the summer ahead. Laugh
Report deano1961 May 25, 2012 11:05 PM BST
I've contributed to these threads before.  I'm a win only punter - may back two or three in a race.  Wilson is always the biggest (or equal) price about every horse.  Why should I lose out because the other bookies want to suppress the win prices so they can bet to the old ew terms ?  They are a thing of the past imo.
Report TheNorfolkMafia May 25, 2012 11:15 PM BST
deano1961,

The majority of contributors to this thread are on-course bookmakers and he is a f*cking nightmare to bet next to, or behind him!
Report deano1961 May 25, 2012 11:19 PM BST
Only because he is going a bigger price than you !!
Report wasnot May 25, 2012 11:31 PM BST
His 1/8th odds sign is a f'in disgrace, small letters on a small dark piece of card.  Should have to have letters at least 6 inches high and he should be forced to print his rip off terms on his tickets so punters can see what he's done and go and get their money back.
Report adge May 25, 2012 11:33 PM BST
you are right , deano , but you miss the point.
he doesn't offer bigger prices than the other books on the favs and second favs. he only does it on the bigger one's which the large majority want to back each way
i'm sure he is annoyed at you taking advantage of him but the vast majority are at the same time being shafted when they shouldn't be.
Report sparrow May 25, 2012 11:35 PM BST
deano is only concerned with himself
Report wasnot May 25, 2012 11:41 PM BST
One thing I will guarantee you deano.  If you are betting win only with him you will always be better off backing it one here.  He NEVER goes at or above the price on here.  He may go place to entice people into his trap but if that's your game you're better off betting on your phone.
Report wasnot May 25, 2012 11:41 PM BST
*may go close
Report salmon spray May 25, 2012 11:44 PM BST
Would he have been at Stratford on Sunday ? Noticed an exotic frontlady there.
Report wasnot May 25, 2012 11:46 PM BST
Yes he was Salmon.  Shafting the unwary.
Report brngtwt May 25, 2012 11:57 PM BST
So....
let all the on course bookies reveal their trade name.
and also reveal what sort of bets they would take before BETFAIR....
then we can all have a go at name and shame.
Report TheNorfolkMafia May 25, 2012 11:59 PM BST
Why don't you guys chip in together and hire a hitman?

Or give someone a pair of pliers to cut all his leads!

Devil
Report adge May 26, 2012 12:03 AM BST
that's all it would take , mafia

[ the pliers i mean ]

good subject for another thread , brng
Report 2honest4ere May 26, 2012 12:04 AM BST
most books have been shafted by their negotiators,would shopkeepers be happy to let just TESCO and M&S directors negotiate on their behalf. All pay the same pitch fee,all use same as LED boards,all change prices simultaneously and yes all display same ew terms so as i see it midweek only the top 8 to 10 books can survive.
No colour, no atmosphere,no characters.Books used to shout horses name now its so bland similar to bingo numbers.£5 on 2 and 3 on 6 and £1ew 7.
On the really good days of course hobby books should not be allowed to stand ,lets keep the numbers down unless of course you have multiple pitches in same ring where you can use 1 pitch midweek and 5 or 6 at weekend and festivvals. ON COURSE BOOKS ARE SHEEP and this really is LAMBS TO SLAUGHTER
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:09 AM BST
JACK WILSON IS DOING NOTHING WRONG IF THE PUNTERS AINT GOT A BRAIN THATS THERE FAULT NOT HES
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 12:09 AM BST
STOOD AT HAYDOCK TATTS TODAY,BUSINESS ABSOLUTELY USELESS(ON A PAR WITH YORK)AND THAT WAS OFFERING THE BIGGEST PRICES ON THE SURFACE OF THE EARTH,WERE ALL DOOMEDCry
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:11 AM BST
knew that 15 years ago
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 12:11 AM BST
2 HONEST U DO HAVE A POINTSadWERE ALL DOOMEDCry
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:16 AM BST
how many bookmakers in tatts can read a tic tac show,how many would know what percent they have on there boards if it was not for the computer telling them clueless
Report wasnot May 26, 2012 12:17 AM BST
Dr Atkins, I believe he is doing something wrong.  The Gambling Commission stated that we can bet to any place terms we like provided they are CLEARLY DISPLAYED.  His signs are small and difficult to read, he is deceiving people.  The software he uses has the facility to display the EW terms on the top line of his LED board, clear for everyone to see.  He chooses not to and uses small pieces of dark card and small signs with stripes across that are difficult to read and his 6 for 1/6th looks like a 5.  Its duping people and I don't like it.
Report wasnot May 26, 2012 12:18 AM BST
Yes to both Dr Atkins btw.
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:20 AM BST
wasnot ive seen him bet but again hes doing nothing wrong why dont you report him to the ring offical
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:21 AM BST
wasnot have you still got 2 pitches next to each other at newbury
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 12:22 AM BST
BECAUSE HE WOULD HAVE TO REPORT HALF OF THE RINGLaughLaughLaugh
Report 2honest4ere May 26, 2012 12:27 AM BST
factmachine
as stated above ring so bland,when you see SAME SAME SAME price on every board,then when asking for 100 ew at 8/1 told you can have 20 ew ( because price has dropped on betfair), they walk away thinking all BOOKS are the SAME SAME SAME which is not true.
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 12:29 AM BST
TOTALLY AGREE 2HONEST,VERY DIFFICULT TO GET A BET ON FULL STOP.
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:33 AM BST
look years ago the books would bet to 150 per cent on good days that was fcking the punters,trouble is when they brought in that you could sell you pitch number thats when it started to go to pot we had people who came in and thought it was a easy way to make money they soon found at it was the quick way to the poor hse i used to ask for a fraction bet they did not know what it was now they have the machine and they thing they know it all you should see the panic when betfair and purple go done
Report adge May 26, 2012 12:38 AM BST
2hoest4ere,
i see you are a silver ring punter who likes to bet with john skinner
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:39 AM BST
used to love going racing not now games gone, if they ever ban betfair and purple from the race tracks i would be back in a flash it would sought the men out from the boys
Report Foetus May 26, 2012 12:40 AM BST
Dr.Atkins - you keep spouting he's doing NOTHING wrong.......HE IS!

It's rancid, and just because there isn't a LAW concerning this, doesn't means it's not morally bankrupt!
It's unjustifiable & corrupt, though you seem to have convinced yourself it's just swell!

It's a bit like tax avoidance for the super-wealthy scum of the earth...EVERYONE that isn't one of them absolutely despises it, but it's legitimate, according to our wonderful, convenient law-makers.

If you see nothing wrong with 1/8th, then would you baulk at 1/10th or 1/12th?
Where do you draw the line with this?

Do you have an E/W bet with him, or should I say yourself? Plain

Nobody's gonna be on your side in the debate, and even IF he offers better odds for punters backing win only, those same gamblers wouldn't condone his place terms as you are.
Report dr . atkins May 26, 2012 12:46 AM BST
foetus when i go in any betting shop in the country and ask for a 200pound bet and they ring to get the bet ptl and come back and say you can have 10pound, they are doing nothing wrong i may not like it but ther is nothing i can do same as jack wilson
Report Foetus May 26, 2012 12:49 AM BST
That's an obvious point Doc...but we're all unanimous in despising those cowardly turds Angry
Report 2honest4ere May 26, 2012 1:04 AM BST
adge
I SEE ----------- said the blind man
leave skinner alone

dr atkins
he is doing something different which is a positive
trouble is when punters collect winnnings and realise they have been dupted or
when someone points this out  to them later at the bar or in the pub they are unlikely to return
and then by word of mouth all bookmakers are tarnished.
Report never give up May 26, 2012 1:05 AM BST
bookmakers shud put up there own sign.....................AVOID JACK WILSON
Report kingrat May 26, 2012 4:23 AM BST
so what are u going to do about it,fck all.oh yeah,sorry u come on here,ya gobshte
Report deano1961 May 26, 2012 7:41 AM BST
Perhaps all the boards should have to show the margin on the win market and place market.  Should be easy to program ?  It could replace the current ew terms which are usually at the bottom of most boards. The punter can then decide to back with the book going, say, 110% on both markets or the one going 120% on the win and 100% on the place.
Report TheNorfolkMafia May 26, 2012 7:50 AM BST
Argos,

RAC 5 Piece Plier and Wrench Set,

That would f*ck him!

Snip snip, snip snip!

Seems a small price to pay!
Report wasnot May 26, 2012 7:53 AM BST
You only need cut the wire to the betfair dongle.  Game over.
Report TheNorfolkMafia May 26, 2012 7:59 AM BST
Well, what are you waiting for?

Laugh
Report adge May 26, 2012 9:13 AM BST
deano,
if you ever look at my board you will see the place terms for each race on the TOP of the board on the line above horse number one. i also display a sign in black lettering on a plain white perspex sign at the bottom...so no one can miss the terms

JACK WILSON HAS EXACTLY THE SAME SOFTWARE

so what does he do...firstly , he has manually blanked out the top line so it does not show at all...why ?
he has signs at the bottom with coloured wavy ,union jack style background which makes reading difficult. these are often partially obscurred by a £1 each way sign which is clear.
Report adge May 26, 2012 9:19 AM BST
i note that this thread has now had 1000 views. i trust all course punters who have read it warn all their friends at each course they attend to study his board carefully before betting.
he will be at chester or york today
Report nullis May 26, 2012 9:58 AM BST
Adge,

You moan constantly on thread after thread about keen prices, bad ew terms etc - all for the purpose of self-interest because it affects your trade. Please do not pretend that you are doing it as a self-appointed champion of the punters because a) you're not and b) judging by the lack of trade around your joint they don't rate you.
Perhaps if you leapt forward from your 1970s bubble - both dress-wise and customer service-wise - you would be able to compete to a decent standard nowadays.
Unfortunately for you this won't happen and you'll continue to wander around racecourse with a face that screams 'I've lost a fiver and found a penny'.
Maybe it's time to sell up old boy.
Report jimnast May 26, 2012 10:06 AM BST
nullis theres more books than you think that like adge just think the punters deserve a fair deal.we know all the smart punters who are on betfair cant be kidded but those punters who go once or twice a year are getting shafted on a daily basis by some books.
Report adge May 26, 2012 10:32 AM BST
nullis,
thanks for taking the trouble to read the thread and reply.
i don't know if you consider 1/8th each way odds good customer service or a decent standard.
i am never trying to win fortunes , just enough each year to keep the inland revenue happy and pay for my annual nine week faraway winter holiday and a cruise.
incidentally , last year i hit the jackpot at york with my face looking down , i found a farthing which had been there over fifty years waiting to be spotted.
good luck , i've got to load the car now.
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 11:01 AM BST
JIMNAST,FIRST OF ALL THE E,WAY VALUE FOR THE PUNTERS ON BETFAIR IS NON EXISTANT,AND NULLIS NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER,OF THE SUITED AND BOOTED BOOKMAKERS AT CHESTER VERY FEW WILL LAY A BET,I WILL BE ATTENDING CHESTER TODAY OFFERING THE BIGGEST PRICES THE FAV ON THE PLANET(NO COMMISSION,NO PREMIUM CHARGE)STANDARD EWAY TERMS EVERY RACE WHILST WEARING SHORTS AND A T SHIRT.PS I ALWAYS THOUGHT ADGE DRESSED SMARTLEYLove
Report adge May 26, 2012 8:02 PM BST
now if nullis allows me yet another moan.
the unfortunate second race at york which was reduced from a dead eight bad each way race to seven.
many were betting each way to 1/6th [ mr wilson would have been 1/8th but favoured chester ]
i bet to arround 95% on places at 1/5th and paid everyone a bonus when they collected [ bet adjusted to 1/4 ]

now the moan ...how many do you think who bet 1/6th or 1/8th paid out as per ticket or am i just being cynical ?
Report adge May 26, 2012 8:04 PM BST
factmachine,
i did have sandals on this afternoon
Report kingrat May 26, 2012 8:15 PM BST
ah adge yre full of yre own self importance,an irrellavant little man in the ring,i remember trying to have a 3 grand bet with u,u knocked me back for a monkey and when it won,u tried to short change me,so will u ever stfu
Report RickiBobby May 26, 2012 8:29 PM BST
By: dr . atkins
Date Joined: 07 Jan 07 Add contact When: 26 May 12 00:09 JACK WILSON IS DOING NOTHING WRONG IF THE PUNTERS AINT GOT A BRAIN THATS THERE FAULT NOT HES

So if a builder rips off an OAP ,its the OAP's fault for not being clued up ?
It's called being a shameless sc umbag.
Report adge May 26, 2012 8:36 PM BST
kingrat , it seems that the demon drink has finally seen you off
Report kingrat May 26, 2012 8:41 PM BST
do u not remember adge,i sent my brother to collect who was a bit half cut,when he came back i realised what happened.we both went back to u ,u shte yreself and coughed up without any debate,knowing that u were caught,so dont come on here and give the high and mighty.
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 8:45 PM BST
KINGRAT,I THINK U HAVE GOT THE WRONG BOOKMAKER ?
Report factmachine May 26, 2012 8:46 PM BST
HE DOESNT STAND AT PORTMAN PARK
Report mr crisp May 26, 2012 8:50 PM BST
kingrat i thought your return was printed on your ticket nowadays
why would your brother accept less than was printed on it.
Report kingrat May 26, 2012 8:54 PM BST
adge is a big boy,let him defend what happened ,he was there
Report adge May 26, 2012 9:02 PM BST
clearly runs in the family too

but you're sidetracking the thread , kingrat , with these fairy stories
Report kingrat May 26, 2012 9:19 PM BST
how many of the 1300 views and there friends will have a bet with u now
Report adge May 26, 2012 9:50 PM BST
you sound ready for another drink , enjoy your evening
Report Black Sam Bellamy May 26, 2012 10:01 PM BST
adge, what is your trading name on course ?
Report sinfin May 26, 2012 10:48 PM BST
adge is one of the best bookmakers on the racecourse always lays a bet im sure most of my fellow bookmakers would agree and he most certainly would not cheat u as u said kingrat
Report sugarsteve1 May 26, 2012 11:09 PM BST
The name says it all.
ADGE _ a Decent good Egg.

Kingrat!!!
Report adge May 26, 2012 11:33 PM BST
can we get back to the thread...how did jocky behave at chester today ?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com