Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Anaglogs Daughter
18 May 12 13:29
| Topic/replies: 29,477 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
Like it's great craic winning 21 races on the trot long may it continue, maybe they want her to retire unbeaten in 50 handicaps or something like that but i think they know the run will end when the meet the No.1 RATED HORSE IN THE WORLD.. Their So You Think was the greatest horse of all time that was until he set foot in European soil, now he'd be lucky to be in the top 20 in O'Briens stable. They are beginning to realize after what happened to SYT that maybe their racing is just about average and 'their superstars' are just superstars in their own back garden,
Pause Switch to Standard View Why are the Aussies afraid to take on...
Show More
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 9:42 PM BST
Have you and megsy had a fall out ed?
Report Triple-Trigger May 18, 2012 9:42 PM BST
Poor Megsy,why do you hate him so?Repressed homosexuality.
Report bf_fananatic May 18, 2012 9:42 PM BST
as a buiness plan the odds dont look good thoughCry
Report educeee May 18, 2012 9:43 PM BST
yes told him to get fkd in aussie forums, more then once CoolLaugh
Report Triple-Trigger May 18, 2012 9:43 PM BST
I thought they were all best mates on there.
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 9:44 PM BST
Try one of those Pee nis extentions BF,if that doesnt work try deodorant.hth m8Wink
Report educeee May 18, 2012 9:45 PM BST
megsy • May 17, 2012 10:43 PM BST
Haha...big tough little man. your a deluded **** Ed ( drip ) still sucking up to the poms i see. pity i cant put my fist through the screen and pulverise your fcukin tweening half suck twistie shape head.

practise what you preach, so run along and dribble to the poms over on their site. i love a good read you making a goose of yourself while they fish .

LaughLaughLaugh
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 9:46 PM BST
Btw BF if you left logarithms and integers for 48.94 minutes to give one a seeing too it might help also.Wink
Report bf_fananatic May 18, 2012 9:46 PM BST
Another theory I have about women is if you love them dont get them a boob job or a facelift as if you take say 5 years off them then they leave you five years ealier, on the other hand if you want to get rid of the wife then get her a basic cosmetic surgery package and pay all yr friends to tell her she looks twenty years younger and its sortedLaughLaughWink
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 9:47 PM BST
Cant fault megsy tbf ed.Laugh
Report educeee May 18, 2012 9:48 PM BST
I like watching him seethe, what's so bad about that!
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 9:49 PM BST
BF with your exes a pillow case or carrier bag could have saved you money.nap
Report bf_fananatic May 18, 2012 9:50 PM BST
I have come to the conclusion by wasting a lot of years, heartache and money that with women its much better to rent then buy....
Report educeee May 18, 2012 9:51 PM BST
he told me I started it CryCry

you can have mine, free of charge.. just 1 catch

dont bring her back
Report bf_fananatic May 18, 2012 9:51 PM BST
I dont like the sound of the termsConfused
Report Brother Mouzone May 18, 2012 9:52 PM BST
pity i cant put my fist through the screen and pulverise your fcukin tweening half suck twistie shape head

Laugh

A great forum post that deserves to be applauded imo.
Report Triple-Trigger May 18, 2012 9:52 PM BST
A classic brother.LaughLaughLaugh
Report bf_fananatic May 18, 2012 9:53 PM BST
Thats class keyboard agression, deserves an award!
Report educeee May 18, 2012 9:53 PM BST
he had me in tears.. OF LAUGHTER

credit where its due
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 9:54 PM BST
You are in good company with some on here BF,Mr Hunt likes to rent before buying,the Fen Tiger and Skinto are rumoured to indulge in renting buxom maidens.One or 2 others appear to prefer the ones that put RENT in front of their services,favoured by some politicians allegedly.ShockedShocked
Report Triple-Trigger May 18, 2012 9:54 PM BST
Megs is on a break in Melbourne.He needs the right to reply.Grin
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 10:05 PM BST
BF when I was just a young soldier,barely surviving,Mess bills bigger than the wages.I was in love with the COs daughter but she had no tits.I promised her a boob job if Night Nurse won the 1977 Champion Hurdle.

Well it pissed down with rain all day so I halved the stake,the result was she only got the left boob done (38DD).I promised her the right one would be next when the next big punt won,she badly needed Dancing Brave in the Derby and then Sagace when he got disqualified in the Arc.

I havent seen her since 1978 but the promise still stands,if BC and Frankel both win at Ascot and double up at the Breeders Cup,I promise you I will find her and have her rectified.

Btw if any of you married a Brigadiers daughter and ever wondered why 32aa and 38DD,sorry.LaughWink
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 18, 2012 10:47 PM BST
A DESPISED OUTSIDER Shocked

English bookies slash Black Caviar odds for Royal Ascot after opposition struggles

by: Brendan Cormick

ENGLISH bookmakers have slashed the odds of Australia's "Freak with the Streak", Black Caviar, for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes at Royal Ascot next month after many of her potential rivals were blown away by a despised outsider in their final lead-up race.

Early yesterday, Tiddliwinks got home at $26 to win the Duke Of York Stakes (1200m) at York. The lowest-rated runner in the race, he was expected to run last on the handicapper's official ratings.

Tiddliwinks had finished last behind Mayson at his previous outing.

Mayson, who was sent out the $4.50 second favourite, became unsettled at the barriers and in a complete form reversal he failed to beat a runner home.

Words like "ponderous" and "lethargic" were used by television commentators to describe the run of the $3 favourite Hoof It, beaten four-lengths into fifth place.

Australian gelding Soul, formerly trained by Peter Snowden and now part of the Godolphin string, finished a head behind Hoof It in sixth place, basically confirming trainer Peter Moody's comment that Black Caviar will travel all the way to England to take on "B graders". That may be flattering many of them.

. .
Soul won a listed race at Sandown last November before he was flown to Dubai with a rating of 99, just below that of Tiddliwinks. He won at Meydan in March, boosting his figure to 109.

At his only other start in Dubai, he ran last in the Golden Shaheen behind Krypton Factor, who will start an odds-on favourite this Sunday in the KrisFlyer Sprint at Singapore's Kranji racecourse.

Soul beat Buffering as a three-year-old on a heavy track in a Group II race at Flemington, which Black Caviar won a year later, despite coming out of the barriers on her nose.

On his subsequent Australian form he could not get within 10 lengths of Black Caviar.

The major bookmaking firms in Britain now have Black Caviar at $1.50, and shorter in places, after $1.67 was offered following her win under a tight rein in The Goodwood at Morphettville last Saturday.

Krypton Factor is vying for outright second favouritism with odds ranging from $13 to $17. Hoof It is $15 and Baited Breath, which didn't race at York, at $13.

The Cheka ran second to Tiddliwinks and goes to Royal Ascot at odds of $26, but trainer Eve Johnson Houghton is approaching the Diamond Jubilee rationally.

"I don't mind being second to Black Caviar," she said.
Report GT-MOLE May 18, 2012 11:00 PM BST
LOL...............As far as I can recall........horses in Europe are not told the odds before or after a race.........are they?ShockedShockedSurprisedSurprisedLaugh
Report ima_mazed66 May 18, 2012 11:33 PM BST
Didn't Scenic Blast run twice in England? Wink
Report Dr Gonzo May 18, 2012 11:54 PM BST
Australia's "Freak with the Streak", Black Caviar

what **** came up with that ffs?
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 12:16 PM BST
Did anyone see the Doomben Cup this morning. The Stewards Inquiry was brilliant after it, What a prized pillock that Peter Moody is, he was put in his place by Peter Waller. Moody rambled on about how the winner had cost him a couple of lengths by crossing over at the first bend and when he finished they went to the winning jockey and asked him his views and he just said  "the most outlandish and frivolous protest I've seen". Laugh
Report Triple-Trigger May 19, 2012 12:20 PM BST
Moody is a prat shockerShockedBrilliant AD.Cool
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 12:25 PM BST
Mawingo wins Doomben Cup after heated protest

by: Bart Sinclair

THE heated battle for the Doomben Cup continued in the stewards' room on Saturday, with an explosive war of words.

Peter Moody, trainer of third-placed Manighar ($1.75 fav) entered a protest against Mawingo ($8), alleging interference on the turn out of the straight 300m after the start of the 2000m event.

Over the line it was Mawingo by a short neck from Moody's other runner, Lights Of Heaven ($8), with Manighar 1 3/4 lengths away third.

Clearly Manighar struck trouble when Mawingo crossed in front of him. Stewards dismissed the objection but noted Manighar had suffered interference. The two-length margin was decisive.

"It was our intention to settle in the box seat third and my horse was not afforded the chance to be there," Moody told stewards.

"Jockey (Nash) Rawiller came across with no regard for my horse, its running or his safety."

Rawiller countered by claiming the protest was "the most outlandish and frivolous protest I've seen".

"I was still racing a horse off the fence three strides after Manighar checked. He resented racing inside me," Rawiller said.

Mawingo's trainer, Anthony Freedman, also took aim at Moody.

"I think the protest is ambitious at best. It may have cost him a neck at the most," Freedman said.

Chief steward Wade Birch said there was agreement Mawingo had caused interference to Manighar.

"But we cannot be satisfied in the circumstances that the interference definitely cost Manighar a finishing position in front of Mawingo," Birch said.

No doubt the three Doomben Cup placegetters will resume hostilities at the Melbourne Spring Carnival.

German import Mawingo is now qualified for the Caulfield Cup and Freedman and Rawiller believe he will be a much better competitor by October.

"The penny still hasn't dropped. He'll be better in the spring," Rawiller said.

"He was never going to win by two lengths. He clocked off when he got a neck clear. He has a good turn of foot and will be a nice horse in the spring."

The Brisbane Cup in three weeks has not been totally ruled out for Mawingo.

But Freedman considered his initial reaction was to stop the preparation now.

"The deeper you go into the winter the less time you have to rest up for the spring," he said.

Lights Of Heaven will proceed to the 2400m Brisbane Cup at Eagle Farm on June 9.

Several horses were affected in the backwash from the Manighar interference and it was hard to gauge some of the performances.

But Perth nine-year-old Scenic Shot ran creditably to finish fourth in his bid to make history by winning three Doomben Cups.
Report brigust1 May 19, 2012 12:25 PM BST
One thing Black Caviar and Rapid Redux has shown is that if you stick to a very limited programme you can win lots of races. That also applies to Frankel. Great racehorses win great races.
Report educeee May 19, 2012 12:46 PM BST
who is Peter Waller?

NASH RAWILLER

mug.
Report educeee May 19, 2012 12:48 PM BST
he got a 10 meeting suspension for his actions on his horse too, wasn't that much of an outlandish protest
Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:03 PM BST
Rapid Redux has lost about 1 dozen races, and earned about $350,000 from about 40 starts.
Black Caviar has never lost a race from 21 starts and earned about $5 Million.

Which horse has had a limited programme?

If it is so easy to follow the limited programme in search of consecutive wins why have so few horses world wide in 200 years achieved what Rapid Redux has done?

Why is BC the only horse world wide for 200 years to achieve 21 undefeated?

Fact is....it is so dammed hard to do.....limited programme or not.
Report Triple-Trigger May 19, 2012 1:05 PM BST
That is inaccurate,do some research mate.
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 1:22 PM BST
One thing i learned  watching Australia racing is it seems not too many people like Peter Moody.
Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:24 PM BST
OK, sorry, i'll post something more accurate.....

Frankel is the most over-rated horse in history.Wink
Report Triple-Trigger May 19, 2012 1:26 PM BST
What does AFL stand for ASS,feckin loser.GrinWink
Report ima_mazed66 May 19, 2012 1:27 PM BST
brigust1 
One thing Black Caviar and Rapid Redux has shown is that if you stick to a very limited programme you can win lots of races. That also applies to Frankel. Great racehorses win great races.

Aren't the 2000gns, St James's Palace, Sussex and QEll great races?

Even as far as Black Caviar is concerned, she's a sprinter and what are you wanting her to do, come over to Europe and win the King George or the Arc?
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 1:29 PM BST
Frankel show gets back on the road in the Lockinge Stakes at Newbury

Superlatives were regularly employed to describe Frankel last season and today Sir Henry Cecil's colt, the best in a lifetime, best in a generation or merely the best since Sea The Stars if you take your lead from the International Classifications, begins the four-year-old campaign that could see him elevated to the status of best ever.

By Marcus Armytage telegraph.co.uk

If a double superlative was occasionally good enough for Shakespeare, it is certainly good enough for Frankel and to become racing's 'most best' he would have to win the JLT Lockinge Stakes at Newbury by a ridiculously wide margin. That is unlikely to happen on Saturday.

Such dizzy heights can be attained later in the season, possibly in his next most likely engagement, the Queen Anne at Royal Ascot, when he faces a field with more depth. First time out, however, Cecil and jockey Tom Queally will be happy with a normal Frankel performance – if any Frankel performance can be considered such – and for his unbeaten record to remain intact.

Last year Frankel's victories included the 2,000 Guineas by the widest margin in 65 years and the Sussex Stakes by the widest margin for 33 years. Timeform has rated him inferior only to three horses in the post-War era, Sea Bird, Tudor Minstrel and Brigadier Gerard.

The official handicappers were a little less generous and among those rated higher since 1977 are Dancing Brave, Alleged, Generous, Three Troikas, Shergar and Pientre Celebre, all mile-and-a-quarter to mile-and-a-half horses. The only miler in their exclusive club of iconic Flat horses is El Gran Senor.

Whether Frankel sits above them or among them and talk of a possible match with Black Caviar is for later, though. Saturday is all about getting the show back on the road after Frankel suffered a bruised tendon which interrupted his preparation for a fortnight in the spring. His fans, many of whom are expected at Newbury, will want to see him fit and well and to have progressed as would be expected of a horse from three to four.

He certainly looked to have beefed up and filled out with another winter on his back when he worked before racing at Newmarket on Guineas day and this season's Frankel should be a stronger, more powerful and muscular version of the 2011 model.

At 1-3 he is not expected to encounter any banana skins. He beat his principal rival, Excelebration, three times last year, twice by four lengths and once by 2¼ lengths (in the St James's Palace which was acknowledged as a tactical ****-up on Frankel's behalf).

Excelebration has since joined Aidan O'Brien but while the young Italian Marco Botti, his previous trainer, may not be so well known he is not a mug and even O'Brien might struggle to do a better job. Where Excelebration does have an advantage is that he has had a run – a comfortable win in the Gladness Stakes – and if he is to ever get closer than arm's length to Frankel, this will surely be the day.

Both horses have a pacemaker. Frankel has his older brother, Bullet Train, who is barely fast enough these days, while Excelebration's jockey Joseph O'Brien will not need reminding that Windsor Palace can go hard for further than a mile. The faster he goes, however, the better for Frankel.

The other noteworthy runner is Strong Suit, but he appears better at seven furlongs. First time out and fresh, Frankel's biggest danger is likely to be himself, and Cecil will be keen to see him settle. "He's got a lot of energy," he explained. "It may take a race to sort him out but I think as time goes on he'll settle well."

Cecil will also be very interested to see how Frankel's three-year-old full-brother, Noble Mission, gets on in the Fairway Stakes at Newmarket. He is a different beast altogether but progressing very nicely. He can continue his low-key build-up to the Investec Derby by carrying a 5lb penalty to victory and earn the chance to finally step out of his brother's shadow at Epsom in a fortnight's time
Report ima_mazed66 May 19, 2012 1:34 PM BST
El Gran Senor is considered a miler?
Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:35 PM BST
Both horses have a pacemaker.....LaughLaughLaugh

Why does the great horse need a pacemaker?

Against a field of what 3 or 4 other runners?
Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:38 PM BST
Is it a cycling race?
Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:40 PM BST
The Tour De Lockinge. Laugh
Report brigust1 May 19, 2012 1:41 PM BST
Thank goodness the official handicappers aren't caught up with all of the hype.

And no, the Lockinge, St James Palace and QE11 are not 'great' races.

A great horse must win great races and beat exceptional opponents. It is not Frankel's fault the opposition isn't great so the owner and trainer shold extend his range of distance. If he is that good his class will see him through.

To suggest Frankel could be rated better than Sea Bird 11 is ludicrous in the extreme. Sea Bird 11 won the Epsom Derby brlliantly and Arc de Triomphe spectacularly where he beat a field of exceptional opponents by 6 lengths. Different class, totally and absolutely different class.
Report educeee May 19, 2012 1:43 PM BST

May 19, 2012 -- 1:40PM, AFL wrote:

The Tour De Lockinge.

LaughLaugh

Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:48 PM BST
I hope the jockey knows if he is in the breakaway or the peloton.Laugh
Report educeee May 19, 2012 1:49 PM BST
GET CADEL EVANS IN THERE FFS
Report AFL May 19, 2012 1:51 PM BST
Small enough to ride the beast ....surely. Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 May 19, 2012 1:51 PM BST
frankel doesnt need a pace maker.bullet train can get second Wink
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 2:55 PM BST
The only reason Bullet Train is in it is because the prize money for 2nd is almost worth as much as Black Caviar has earned in a lifetime.
Report educeee May 19, 2012 3:01 PM BST

May 19, 2012 -- 2:55PM, Anaglogs Daughter wrote:

The only reason Bullet Train is in it is because the prize money for 2nd is almost worth as much as Black Caviar has earned in a lifetime.

now you're just making it obvious you're going on a fishing expedition LaughLaugh

Report Rodan May 19, 2012 3:05 PM BST
Anaglogs Daughter Date Joined: 05 Jan 10
Add contact | Send message When: 18 May 12 14:09 Joined: Date Joined: 05 Jan 10 | Topic/replies: 19,939 | Blogger: Anaglogs Daughter's blog
The only time Black Caviar will be in front of Frankel is if they go to stud

Laugh
Report G1_Jockey_4 May 19, 2012 3:06 PM BST
he will give her a length in more than one way
Report ima_mazed66 May 19, 2012 3:08 PM BST
The only time Black Caviar will be in front of Frankel is if they go to stud

But then they will miss out on all of the kissing. Shocked
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 3:42 PM BST
THE GREATEST HORSE OF ALL TIME HAS JUST MADE IT 10 out OF 10
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 3:44 PM BST
Awsome
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 3:46 PM BST
When they show that to Black Caviar she'll say ''I'm not going to England if i have to race against that''Shocked "And if he comes to Australia I want a 100 meter start"Happy
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 3:50 PM BST
Now the Aussies can go to bed and say to themselves "Anaglog was right Frankel surely is 10 lengths better then Black Caviar"
If they race it's got TO be 1/3 Frankel 2/1 Black Caviar
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 3:53 PM BST
A tweet from Coolmore Stud

Coolmore ‏@coolmorestud

Sensational!! #Frankel #Galileo #Supersire
Report GAZO May 19, 2012 4:02 PM BST
would be a great race if frankel was entered in the 6f race at ascot or the july cup
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 4:02 PM BST
Some Frankel tweets

Horse Racing Tavern‏@HRacingTavern

Can't really say any more can we? #Frankel

Horse Racing News ‏@racing_news_

Wow, 4/5 to remain unbeaten all season after his Lockinge romp. Is there really a horse good enough to beat Frankel?! #frankel

Billl Ratcliffe‏@RatcliffeRacing

Of course people want to see Frankel v Black Caviar but I think they both deserve to remain unbeaten #Frankel

Socceramhorse‏@Socceramhorse

The yard is neighing their congratulations to the unstoppable #Frankel. Could he be the best racehorse of all time?!

Clare Balding‏@clarebalding1

That was staggering. Frankel wins by 5 lengths. #Frankel

Coolmore‏@coolmorestud

Sensational!! #Frankel #Galileo #Supersire

BLACK CAVIAR @blackcaviar
Beat Nothing
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 4:14 PM BST
Cornelius Lysaght‏@CorneliusRacing

#Newbury Excelebration trainer Aidan O'Brien to Prince Khalid Abdullah: 'Unbelievable...unbelievable' #Frankel
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 4:46 PM BST
FAO the peeps down under WHO want to see what the greatest racehorse in the world looks like http://bit.ly/Ku1skc
Report MickeyBluEyes. May 19, 2012 5:13 PM BST
So let me get this straight the connections of Black caviar are prepared to risk their horse by traveling and flying it across to another part of the world to race for 30% of the Prize-money that it would have won if it had have stayed in Australia vs according to you lot better opposition (UK)then we have here in Australia...Yet Frankel's connections wont come across to Australia where they would earn double or triple the prize-money vs lower class oppositions.

Yet Black caviar is scared?

But wait is it not Black Caviar who is the one that is traveling? Racing for 1/3 of the prize-money vs better opposition? LOL
Report Triple-Trigger May 19, 2012 5:17 PM BST
Wrong RE prizemoney.
Report Triple-Trigger May 19, 2012 5:18 PM BST
You Oz blokes still don't know your place in the world do you?
Report MickeyBluEyes. May 19, 2012 5:19 PM BST
No your wrong re prizemoney what did frankel earn tonight and what will he earn next start?
Report hello :-) May 19, 2012 5:28 PM BST
henry welcomes the goodwood challenge so up to BC but Black Caviar will not dare take on the beast

The whole world save a few aussies with sunstroke know who the worlds greatest racehorse is Wink
Report ima_mazed66 May 19, 2012 5:54 PM BST
Black Caviar has won the equivalent of £3.6m from her 21 wins with the most in a single race being £395k and averages around £172k a race. Frankel had won £1.3m before today in 9 races with the most in a single race being £198k and then added another almost £100k to make an average of around £140k a race so there's not really that much in it. I think what you have to consider though is Black Caviar in further into her career and it takes horses here a while to build up into continuously going for the very top valuable races only and Frankel has only done that around half of the time so far.

So You Think won £226k in the Eclipse, £374K for the Irish Champion Stakes would have won £737k for winning our Champion Stakes and would also have won £1.9m for winning the Arc. These are all possible targets for Frankel if they want to step on to 10f which is the intention and also to 12f if that's a possibility and that also bring races like the King George worth £611k into things if they go that route.

It's a bit of a myth that our prize money is completely poor as it's not at the top end but certainly is at the lower. Our sprints might not be worth as much but we still have some like the July Cup worth £226k and the couple at Royal Ascot the Golden Jubilee Stakes worth £227k and King' Stand worth £170k but then the breeding side of things isn't really geared towards sprinters here.
Report hello :-) May 19, 2012 6:00 PM BST
Not about money earned racing , stud fees will be a the biggest "undisclosed " ever heard of
Report carrot1960 May 19, 2012 6:26 PM BST
black caviar is a six furlong super star in the southern hemisphere , frankel is a super star over a mile in the northern hemisphere so  if both connections can agree a seven fulong race in dubai would appear to be the fairest option for both horses , and would give no one the excuse about the distance or conditions post race
Report melburner May 19, 2012 6:40 PM BST
Who is this guy Frank El you are all talking aboutWink
Over here (Melbourne) we don't understand why you, over there, are so obsessed.
They run at different distances - its like comparing the Gold Medal 400 metre runner to the Gold Medal 800 metre runner at the Olympics.

Don't know if you have seen the Pommie Poofter Matt Chapman's interview with Peter Moody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9YEzL8XuA0

The money is over here - why is Frankel so affraid of coming to OZ and running on flat firm tracks instead a ploughed field in Pomgolia.
Report kingG111111 May 19, 2012 7:01 PM BST
it is ridicolous about comparing caviar and frankel since they are over different distances but frankel is definately the better horse
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 7:04 PM BST
Black Caviar after 10 race ran 10 won 10. a maiden a claimer and 8 handicaps and around £10,000
Frankel after 10 races ran 10 won a maiden ,a conditons race and 8 group races an around £1,300,000
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 7:25 PM BST
Coolmore Stud:

http://www.coolmore.com

Frankel is out of this world
(19th May 2012)

The world’s best racehorse, Frankel (4c Galileo-Kind, by Danehill), confirmed himself one of the sport’s all-time greats in front of a packed and appreciative crowd at Newbury on Saturday afternoon.

The unbeaten Galileo colt, who topped last year’s World Thoroughbred Ratings, showed no ill-effects from a slight setback in the spring as he turned the G1 Lockinge Stakes into a procession.

Frankel’s three-parts brother Bullet Train (5h Sadler’s Wells-Kind, by Danehill) tried to set an adequate pace for his illustrious sibling but the race was put to bed two furlongs out when Tom Queally, aboard the winner, kicked on.

Frankel, a Juddmonte Farms home-bred, eventually finished five lengths clear of the high-class Excelebration in the mile contest but was not pushed to do so.

"His first race is never his best, he always improves for it," said trainer Sir Henry Cecil. "This is lovely for racing and thank goodness that he has come through the setback OK. Every sport, they need a champion. It gets everyone involved and it's good for racing. I'm delighted for the Prince (Khalid Abdullah) and the staff. It was nice."

Speaking to PA Sport, Cecil added that the G1 Queen Anne Stakes over a mile and the G1 Prince Of Wales’s Stakes over 10 furlongs at Royal Ascot were the two races being considered for Frankel’s next start.

"He has definitely got stronger this year and you have to be thrilled with him as when you have a hiccup in the lead-up to the race then it is not very funny and it has not been straightforward.

"I’m very lucky to have the horse and he has had a good blow afterwards. He’s in the two at Ascot and we'll take it step by step."

Many seasoned racegoers believe Frankel is the best horse they have ever seen and it is not a view with which Queally would disagree.

"It's a great relief he's come back. It's great to be on board. He's grown up from last year, he's thicker set," said Queally. "If you look at him now, he's the real deal - he's filled out since last year. He showed that burst of acceleration. He's not like anything I've sat on before."
Report kingG111111 May 19, 2012 7:40 PM BST
just read this comment on youtube....so true

Forget Frankel, where was chicken **** Moody while Goldikova was dominating at 7f, and 8f??,  where was Moody and his mare when Rocketman was dominating the sprints in Singapore, Dubai and Japan?....she never once showed up for the Kris Flyer, or the Golden Shaheen, where was Moody and his mare when The breeders Cup mile was being run?, or when Canford Cliffs was dominating at 7-8f???.....Now you think you can run with Frankel when he could have easily destroyed those 3 horses? what a Joke :D
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 7:41 PM BST
Well that's when i had a drink problem Happy
Report GAZO May 19, 2012 7:44 PM BST
moody and his mare were staying in their comfort zone,a little bit like frankel is
Report melburner May 19, 2012 8:13 PM BST
Anaglogs Daughter - I don't know where you got your earnings figures from but they don't agree with the official record.
BC's first 10 prizes collected around 2,300,000 AUD or around 1,500,000 GBP
http://www.racingvictoria.net.au/Racing/horse.aspx?horse_code=790716

Of the 21 wins to date, 20 are group & Listed races and she has collected AUD$5,704,300 or about 3,700,000GBP
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 19, 2012 8:24 PM BST
I think you'll find you have the decimal point in the wrong place £3,7000
Report melburner May 19, 2012 9:09 PM BST
^ You've been drinking again haven't you? I have a MSc in applied maths so not only do I know where to put the decimal point, I also know where the comma goes.
And having scrounged an existance as a stockbroker (including time in the City), I understand foreign exchange rates.
No matter how you write it, AUD$5,704,300.00 is around GBP3,700,000.00 or 3.7Million Great British Pounds.Grin
Report Wildone May 20, 2012 12:14 AM BST
did SYT get beat by frankel today??
Report duffy May 20, 2012 2:21 AM BST
wtf are people using prize money as an incentive to frankel ffs, the horse is owned by khalid abdullah!!
Report taj rossi May 20, 2012 3:33 AM BST
Are you serious about Black Caviar?? In Uk you run around for chicken feed, why would Moody bother bringing her over there. She has won $3.7 Million pounds you clowns!!
Report taj rossi May 20, 2012 3:38 AM BST
Funny how they all say Black Caviar is scared of Frankel but Black Caviar is the only one prepared to travel (and for your pittance of prizemoney) why don't thet bring Frankel to Australia and race for real money!
Report taj rossi May 20, 2012 3:46 AM BST
Where did Anaglogs Daughter go?? Black Caviar's first 10 races won her 10,000 pound??? Black Caviar won a maiden, when??? a claimer??? jog on you clown
Report taj rossi May 20, 2012 4:06 AM BST
BLACK CAVIAR Career:      21-21-0-0 : $5,771,050 Group & Listed:      20-20-0-0 : $5,704,300. The only time she hasn't won at Group or listed level is at her first start a 2yo handicap. Never argue with idiots they have way more experience at it than you.
Report HKAccie May 20, 2012 4:39 AM BST
Taj, is it comfortable in that net?
BC's target is the global sprint challenge, won't race against Frankel.Aus, Japan and HK in December are the targets for her provided she runs ok and there are no travel issues for her. Moody said this a few weeks back when interviewed in HK on a Weds night at Happy Valley.
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 20, 2012 12:55 PM BST
Taj Ross why should Frankel travel. He is officially the greatest racehorse running at the moment. So why need to travel to prove what the world(outside of Australia) already knows. . You might see a headline if/when they make a film about him like Frankel Goes to Holywood
Report Foetus May 20, 2012 2:41 PM BST
AD - the Breeders' Cup is at Santa Anita this year, so let's hope we'll be seeing that headline in the papers, as it's not that far from Hollywood.
Report duffy May 20, 2012 2:44 PM BST
great headline...can you patent headlinesGrin
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 20, 2012 2:55 PM BST
It's near Hollywood is it? . .Ah well then they might also like to remake a good old Classic if Black Caviar and Frankel go to stud together  'The Bride Of Frankelstein'
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 20, 2012 5:59 PM BST
Unbeaten Frankel extends streak to 10

Michael Lynch Sydney Morning Herald.

THE hype and momentum for a clash of the equine titans, Frankel and Black Caviar, will intensify following the former's devastating win in the group 1 Lockinge Stakes at Newbury on Saturday. .

The unbeaten four-year-old, trained by Henry Cecil and ridden by Tom Queally, took his winning streak to 10 - compared with the 21 in a row notched by the Australian mare - when he beat Excelebration by five lengths in the 1600-metre feature.

The fact that Excelebration, bought during the winter by Coolmore, would start at or close to the top of betting for any group 1 mile (1600 metres) race in Europe is testimony to the brilliance of the winner's performance, especially as Frankel had a setback in training last month and missed 10 days' work.

Advertisement: For Sale 'Black Caviar was the greatest till Frankel came along t-shirts $1.00'

It had been assumed Frankel would step up to 2000 metres in the Prince of Wales Stakes, a group 1 race at Royal Ascot in which he might have encountered former Australian champion So You Think. But Cecil indicated the wonder horse might stick to the 1600 metres and be aimed at the Queen Anne Stakes before being upped in distance.

Black Caviar is being aimed at the group 1 Diamond Jubilee(1200 metres) at the Royal meeting.

There have been big money offers of up to £1 million ($1.6 million) for the two to meet at Goodwood in late July in the group 1 Sussex Stakes (1600 metres).

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horseracing/unbeaten-frankel-extends-streak-to-1...
Report G1_Jockey_4 May 20, 2012 6:05 PM BST
why would frankel travel if it wont add to his stud value??

only races outside the uk would be the classic or the mile at the breeders cup.

the classic would be a real gamble mind ....the surface being an unknown.
Report erogenous_zone May 20, 2012 7:02 PM BST
'Frankel says relax'
Report taj rossi May 21, 2012 1:15 AM BST
Well done Anaglogs Daughter you conveniently deflected the conversation away from the rubbish you were talking. Black Caviar has never ran in a maiden as i pointed out 20 stakes wins from 21 starts. What happened to those calculation answers about prizemoney? I accept Frankel is a great horse I'm not blind, but why the poms have to slag off at Black Caviar amazes me. Who cares if they don't meet just enjoy both as they are gone before you know it. Just make sure you watch the Diamond Jubilee she will travel half way round the world show all you doubters how good she is and the HOPEFULLY come straight home and earn some real prizemoney!
Report educeee May 21, 2012 2:11 AM BST
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 21, 2012 10:46 AM BST
Sent an E-mail to Lord Teddy. I told him i may be able to broker a deal to get Black Caviar to race over a mile. The gist of it Frankel starts in a stall at the mile pole and Black Caviar at the 6 and a half furlong pole. He said make it the 7 furlong pole and we'll have a race Cool
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 21, 2012 10:58 AM BST
Frankel 'likely to lick Caviar'

by: Craig Cook  Adelaide Now
May 21, 2012
http://www.heraldsun.com.au

BRITISH bookmakers have virtually conceded Black Caviar will win her first overseas race next month - but say she has little chance of ever beating Frankel, the world's highest-rated horse.

The English wonder-horse, running for the first time since an injury setback, took his record to 10 wins from 10 starts yesterday morning at Newbury in the Lockinge Stakes (1600m).

Journalists are running out of superlatives to cover the career of the four-year-old miler, with "awesome" commonplace in coverage of his latest demolition.

Jockey Tom Queally echoed the sentiments.

"He showed that burst of acceleration and he's not like anything I've sat on," he said.

"He's grown up, he's a thicker-set and now he's the real deal."

Trainer Sir Henry Cecil said his star colt was likely to be aimed at the Queen Anne Stakes (1600m) at Royal Ascot in a month.

Black Caviar will make her first overseas appearance in the Diamond Jubilee Stakes (1200m) on the final day of the royal meet on June 23.

Leading British bookmaker Ladbrokes has Frankel as a long odds-on favourite in a match-up against Australia's queen of the turf.

They believe only one outcome is likely if the pair met over a mile in the Sussex Stakes at the Glorious Goodwood Festival on August 1.

"We know a clash is very unlikely to happen, but we'd have him $1.35 favourite and her at $2.85," spokesman David Williams said.

Williams conceded that Black Caviar, unbeaten in 21 starts, could win the Diamond Jubilee in a cakewalk, describing European sprinters as "garbage".

"There's nothing here that can beat her," he said.

"It will be the easiest half-million-pound pot of gold she's ever earned.

"She'll be $1.30 and you could see her winning it by three or four lengths."

The only other race on Black Caviar's UK agenda is the July Cup at Newmarket.

Trainer Peter Moody has all but discounted ever clashing with Frankel.

"Why does one of them have to be beaten?" Moody said.

"They're both incredible champions and our sport is lucky to see them both in the same era."

Meanwhile, I'll Have Another will aim for history in next month's Belmont Stakes in the US. Living up to his name, the Kentucky Derby champ added the second leg of the elusive Triple Crown winning the Preakness Stakes at Pimlico, in Maryland, yesterday.

Affirmed is the last Triple Crown winner, 34 years ago.

CAVIAR'S

ENGLISH MISSION

Saturday, June 23 2012

Diamond Jubilee Stakes (Group 1)

Royal Ascot, United Kingdom

Distance: 1200m

Prizemoney: Stg400,000

Saturday, July 14 2012

The July Cup (Group 1)

Newmarket, United Kingdom

Distance: 1200m

Prizemoney: Stg400,000
Report Anaglogs Daughter May 21, 2012 5:13 PM BST
BHA

Frankel in a world of his own

Dominic Gardiner-Hill believes Frankel is capable of taking his rating to even more astonishing levels after the British Horseracing Authority's handicapper allotted the colt a mark of 138 for his victory in Saturday's JLT Lockinge Stakes at Newbury.

The decision to raise him 2lb from last season's 136 makes Frankel officially the highest-rated horse in the world for 25 years. Prince Khalid Abdullah's unbeaten and 10-time winner can only be trumped by the same owner's Dancing Brave (141 in 1986), although the World Thoroughbred Rankings scale has been lowered slightly since that time. Frankel leaves behind Peintre Celebre and Generous on 137 and Sea The Stars on 136.

Gardiner-Hill was no different to the entire racing community in being impressed by Frankel's fourth and most clear-cut defeat of Excelebration as the son of Galileo brushed off any fears over a slightly interrupted preparation.

The handicapper said: "I do think he can go higher. I watched the Lockinge again today and, to be honest, he did it very easily. To go higher he is going to have to beat something other than Excelebration, whether it is going to be a horse like Cirrus Des Aigles, we will have to wait and see. I do suspect he can be a 140-horse, it just depends if he gets the opportunity."

Reflecting on his thinking over the mark of 138, which must first be ratified his international colleagues, Gardiner-Hill said: "I'm happy with the rating. My first reaction to the Lockinge was one of relief, as Frankel had confirmed what he had shown last season.

"It's always a concern when you give ratings in the mid 130s that it might not work out for the horses as four-year-olds but I think there are valid reasons for saying this was his best performance yet.

"You only have the opportunity to push horses higher on what they beat, and if you look at Excelebration, Frankel beat him by four lengths on two occasions last year and by two and a quarter on another, and this went up to five lengths on Saturday.

"And in the case of Dubawi Gold, he was beaten by seven and three-quarter lengths in the QEII and this went up to nine on Saturday. One factor for this is the pace as I thought Ian Mongan set the race up perfectly on Bullet Train. I'm not blaming Ian Mongan's riding at all on other occasions, but this was the first time that everything went spot-on for Frankel in terms of pace."

Frankel will now be rated 6lb higher than the second-placed horse in the current international rankings, Australian sprinter Black Caviar (132), who is due to arrive in the UK next month for her first overseas test at Royal Ascot. While Black Caviar heads for the Diamond Jubilee Stakes, a run for Frankel in the Queen Anne Stakes at same meeting is the preference of Sir Henry Cecil.

Speaking on his website, www.sirhenrycecil.com, the trainer said: "Over the last two seasons he has come on a good deal from his first race and hopefully he will do the same this season. He has strengthened and grown up a great deal mentally. All being well his next start will be at Ascot in either the Queen Anne or the Prince of Wales's, the former being my first preference at the moment, but we will see."
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com