Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
koikeeper
02 May 12 09:53
| Topic/replies: 25,314 | Blogger: koikeeper's blog
HIGHLAND  CATHEDRAL

Ran a blinder over CD last time, considering it was nearly brought down/carried out at the 1st fence,
beating BEAU TRAVELLER, who was the gamble of the race. ( they meet again here).
HIGHLAND CATHEDRAL stayed on best up the long kelso run in, (despite making mistakes)  where it looked like BT really didn’t get home……with the ground soft here, it will not help BT & just don’t think it will stay.

HIGHLAND CATHEDRAL  was probably a fortunate winner  the time before at  Alnwick...led  & was headed by Monogram..who blundered at the last, where HIGHLAND CATHEDRAL took advantage & got back up to win….it  stays very well & has won with cut in points.
Monogram has since won a P2P..& finished a decent 2nd it a Hunter at catterick.
The time before (December)....HIGHLAND CATHEDRAL trounced Senor Alco 20L in a P2P....that horse has gone on to win 3 P2Ps so the form is fairly decent as it stands,

RAPIDOLYTE DE LADALKA, making its debut over reg fences, just got up to beat Senor Alco last time in a point,  &  finished 2nd to DONTPASSGO  (3 runs ago) &  on a line through those  horses, has a bit to find with HIGHLAND CATHEDERAL who also has the experience over CD

HIGHLAND CATHDRAL will take some stopping here with a clear round!
Pause Switch to Standard View KELSO 8.30 Hunter Chase
Show More
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 12:54 PM BST
Just had a quick look at this race and quite like Dontpassgo's chances .... gets a 3 Ibs pull with your selection but as you say the distance is an unknown .... I'm undecided Crazy

gl
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 12:55 PM BST
* 4 Ibs
Report bookie 25 May 2, 2012 1:04 PM BST
Agree with virgin.Dontpassgo was carried out in that race very early at Kelso and if on a going day could well give the fav some problems.
Report koikeeper May 2, 2012 1:14 PM BST
On aline through Montauk Highway..Dontpassgo has it all to do to beat Highland Cathedral& Beau Traveller.....GL
Report Eeeyore May 2, 2012 1:24 PM BST
Thanks Koi nice one Wink(where shall i send the cheque)?Grin
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 1:24 PM BST
Yes I saw that line ....but now having had a full run and a new trip the race is clouded ....  maybe we should do the forecast (or reverse Mischief )
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 1:27 PM BST
This race could also point the way for Trifollet who goes for a tougher race  in the 7.20  ....
Report koikeeper May 2, 2012 1:31 PM BST
Trifollet is very average & a stayer, yet had the pace to win over 20f at sedgefield....that was a poor event
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 1:37 PM BST
Koikeeper

Do you have any thoughts on Mayfair Lastchance in the 5.35 ....  I notice the jockey (Drinkwater) is 2/2 in this race but the trainer/owner info looks sparse Mischief

Confused
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 1:42 PM BST
Just noticed your other thread I will have a read through Wink
Report koikeeper May 2, 2012 1:43 PM BST
No chance...its point form it not good enough for this.
Report bookie 25 May 2, 2012 2:04 PM BST
TBF Koi the Montauk Highway form isnt just as clear as it first looks.Dontpassgo was level weights with Highway and got beat 3/4 of a length on what i would call a non going day(hes a bit of a dog).Cathedral was getting 4lb when beating Montauk a shade over 18 length over a trip which is far from Montauks best and he weakened very badly in the final couple of furlong.Dontpassgo raced Montauk over his optimum trip whereas a step up is what Dontpassgo needed.
Take into account that Cathedral now has to give him 4lb and in theory thats a 8lb swing on the montauk form which on the face of it doesnt look enough but when taking into account how bad Montauk faded late in that race and how well Dontpassgo was running on at the deth at Sedgefield i think the step up in trip could just make the difference.

I understand you deal in facts which i normally do too but at 6/4 and 12s im willing to chance Dontpassgo.
Report koikeeper May 2, 2012 2:07 PM BST
GL mate..but not too much lol
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 5:24 PM BST

May 2, 2012 -- 7:27AM, Virgin wrote:

This race could also point the way for Trifollet who goes for a tougher race  in the 7.20  ....

Well that's put a dent in that form Trifollet got a lot on it's plate in  the 7.20 by the looks of it ....

Report ko2 May 2, 2012 8:11 PM BST
agree with koi here, fancy highland cathedral, anything odds against is value in my book
Report allpoints May 2, 2012 8:29 PM BST
The winner will come out of the first three in the betting & I'll be very surprised if Highland doesn't win it.The only doubt I have about it is the fact that it was fit in November,that's an awful long time to keep a horse fit.
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 8:30 PM BST

Dontpassgo
pretty well backed .... not matched Sad

gl all
Report Virgin May 2, 2012 8:38 PM BST
270.00         Shocked Tommysteel    £1
Report lamchop May 2, 2012 8:39 PM BST
cant believe that
Report koikeeper May 2, 2012 8:39 PM BST
Not pretty, but the strength of davidson won the race.
Report madrid2012 May 2, 2012 8:39 PM BST
what is the point of these hunter chases useless trainers and even more useless jockeys yes you mr poste and miss bryson  can;t even stay in the saddle useless fuuckers
Report Kriskin May 2, 2012 8:40 PM BST
Very poor by Cath Walton tonite.  Horse should have won
Report bilbobaggins May 2, 2012 8:40 PM BST
C Walton - very poor.
Report Agent G May 2, 2012 8:40 PM BST
apologies if you backed the jolly but you won't see a better ride than that all year
Report lamchop May 2, 2012 8:42 PM BST
hes used the favs arse to stay on

the bastard

**** ride from the fav went then came back to them and tried to go again ****
Report lamchop May 2, 2012 8:42 PM BST
hes used the favs arse to stay on

the bastard

**** ride from the fav went then came back to them and tried to go again ****
Report dave d May 2, 2012 8:49 PM BST
beau traveller Cry
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit