Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MONEY TREE
14 Apr 12 17:47
| Topic/replies: 25,595 | Blogger: MONEY TREE's blog
Ok banning its harsh but all the loud mouths having a pop saying bannings ott, if you love horse racing then you will want this most public race sorted out for the good of racing.

hope this helps.
Pause Switch to Standard View If the national is not sorted it will...
Show More
Report Aviboyd April 14, 2012 5:48 PM BST
What would you suggest to sort it out?
Report Aviboyd April 14, 2012 5:48 PM BST
What would you suggest to sort it out?
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 5:49 PM BST
am i getting 40k for my ideas? no so the people in charge can figure it out.
Report Aviboyd April 14, 2012 5:51 PM BST
You don't know do you?  Not that easy to come up with solutions is it?
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 5:53 PM BST
I have a few ideas Avi, but im not the man or persons who should be doing it.
Report Aviboyd April 14, 2012 5:53 PM BST
Please share as those in charge haven't a clue.
Report RN April 14, 2012 5:55 PM BST
Reduce the number of runners by half would be a start. Two factors causing accidents are speed and runners getting in each other's way.
Report Glossy April 14, 2012 5:55 PM BST
It's not rocket science. The main priority has to be to reduce the size of the field. 20-25 better quality horses would be fine.
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 6:00 PM BST
The jockies should have a certain amount of wins, im not blaming them but experience counts.

Max field of 25 runners.

Situations like syncronised the horse is withdrawn.

make fences smaller.

Horses that have recently fallen are not entered.
Report zilzal1 April 14, 2012 6:04 PM BST
Id stick to tipping MTSad

A-Speed Kills

B-More good horses= the faster they go

Id rebrand the Race, make it a x country event(on a course that can be watered to buggery) max 20 runners and be presented by dale winton
Report calm down la April 14, 2012 6:04 PM BST
25 runners means 15 less horses that the bookies can price up at 40/1 when a 1000 shot on here and still take £1000s on it. They wouldn't like it one bit.
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 6:05 PM BST
id stick to not posting zizal, so you want the worst horses not the best lol

the better jumpers will get around. end of.
Report optic April 14, 2012 6:06 PM BST
Reducing the field and have a higher quality of field overall will help. The tricky decision is wether to make fences harder to slow the race down or leave it as it is but with less fences. But as a serious race the Grand National is a lottery as it is a one off with horses normally doing 3 to 3.5 miles, doing 4.5 with unusual fences/jumps.
Report PierreLaRogue April 14, 2012 6:08 PM BST
I wouldn't say ban horses that have fallen recently, Red Marauder fell in its last race before going on and winning it, I'm sure are others too. There are also far less fatalities when the ground is soft and wet.
Report zilzal1 April 14, 2012 6:08 PM BST
No MT, i wouldnt have the worst jumpers, didnt stop Gold Cup winners Davy Lad and Alverton dying in the past did it.

The seeds were sewn a long time ago for this by lowering the fences, what part of speed kills do you not understand??

The race has virtually finished now, lets bluddy save the Cheltenham Festival
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 6:09 PM BST
ok good spot then so make sure plenty of water put down.
Report sageform April 14, 2012 6:10 PM BST
But we also saw fallers over hurdles on the first day and again with Zarkandar today. The risk of falls and injury is not that much greater in the National but the problem is the public perception.
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 6:11 PM BST
thats my point zizal, the backlash of this will hit all jumps racing.
Report PierreLaRogue April 14, 2012 6:14 PM BST
Anyway you are right, now all the celebrities and no nothings will be calling for racing to be banned ect, its a terrible day for racing and i blame the greedy jonjo/AP the most for this fiasco.

The race will need to be dumbed down or else will have celebrities/once a year punters calling for banning it every year.
Report TCat April 14, 2012 6:15 PM BST
horses get killed regularly over the jumps but it only makes the headlines at the big meetings. There is only one way to prevent fatalities but that would lead to the death of a lot more horses.
Report MONEY TREE April 14, 2012 7:15 PM BST
only veggies can really complain, meat eaters that want racing bannded are hypocrites, as animals die every day for their pleasure.
Report thedikler April 14, 2012 8:23 PM BST
Shoot the horses before the race is off and play a cartoon of the race on how derek thommo thats one for the judge would see the race. Racing for change come on and grab this by the horns quickly.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com