Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Value King
29 Mar 12 16:06
| Topic/replies: 279 | Blogger: Value King's blog
Does anyone know of any way to find out what date horses were gelded?

You see it mentioned in write ups and post race comments but where are they getting this info from!? It would be handy to know.
Pause Switch to Standard View Gelded Horses
Show More
Report VIRTUALFAN March 29, 2012 5:15 PM BST
like most things in uk/ireland racing the information is patchy at best
Report i_agree_with_nick March 29, 2012 5:24 PM BST
You could try the trainer's website (if he/she has one) or the Racing Post website
Report Value King March 29, 2012 5:56 PM BST
Trainer's website isn't a bad shout but the Racing Post don't have it, which I believe they should. They now give the info about when horses changed owners and trainers and that is useful to see, so it'd be nice if the gelded dates could be added too.
Report Aurelius Maximus March 29, 2012 6:04 PM BST
The whole thing is a shambles, and even when you look at past results on the Racing Post with gender details showing, it will show you the CURRENT gender of the beast....so 3yo Colts in 2009 are Horses, 3yo Fillies in 2009 are Mares and you are left none the wiser with Geldings.

I have resorted to a laborious database based on downloads from Raceform Interactive. I enter horse details and it populates a section with previous race's data - if the horse has been gelded since it's last race, then this is the only way I know to flag it up.
Report mightyfly March 29, 2012 6:29 PM BST
6 runners today gelded after there last run.
My Pearl (unplaced)
Urban Kode ( 2nd 15/2)
Bounty Seeker ( Unplaced)
Scribe ( Unplaced )

2 to run

8:15 Kempton
Ashva & Bramshaw.

Courtesy of the Racing Post, but it'll cost you £1:90 a day, unless you pop in the bookies and take a quick look at the Signposts page.

Not sure how reliable the info is though.
Report town moor March 29, 2012 6:37 PM BST
I think the date of operation would be most useful too, not just because I think it would take me a while to get over having mine removed, but also the rush of testosterone which happens AFTER being gelded will help an unfurnished horse produce extra muscle in the months afterward.
Report mange March 29, 2012 6:44 PM BST
They do put it on & after a long time off could be "twice the horse"??????????????
Report TheAnorak March 29, 2012 6:53 PM BST
You can at least get the date of the operation if the horse was trained in France at the time - call up the record for any horse on the France Galop website and if it's a gelding the info is displayed like this:

HONGRE (08/06/2011)
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com