Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
onehundredandeighty
28 Mar 12 09:16
| Topic/replies: 2,651 | Blogger: onehundredandeighty's blog
Think he's dropped a bollard in todays RP.1st race at Taunton he states that Cherry Vine has to be taken seriously in this on his chase debut...................in the sportography.co.uk-official Taunton photographers Amateur riders Handicap HURDLE
Pause Switch to Standard View Mel Cullinan Racing post
Show More
Report pauli March 28, 2012 9:25 AM BST
Cherry Vine is mare.
Report pauli March 28, 2012 9:26 AM BST
a mare.
Report TRD.Racing March 28, 2012 9:42 AM BST
N/R
Report onehundredandeighty March 28, 2012 9:43 AM BST
Her then but you get the gist as in it says its a hurdle race and he is saying its a chase
Report pauli March 28, 2012 9:46 AM BST
Sorry 180.  I know what you mean - I thought you meant Cullinan had said his instead of her.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 9:56 AM BST
There are countless mistakes everyday if you go looking for them.

Spot the mistake in Stuart Redding's spotlight analysis of "Redhotdoc" in the first at Ludlow.

These spotlight writers are clearly taking a leaf out of the book of the deadbeat,BM, who is in charge of editing the paper.

Yet still they charge two quid for the rag.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 9:57 AM BST
Report Koo.... March 28, 2012 10:03 AM BST
Maybe you could use your contacts in Europe to find some alternative spotlight writers Alain ?
Report onehundredandeighty March 28, 2012 10:04 AM BST
That's pretty much my point for the highlight Alain,£1.90 and 2 quid a pop for schoolboy errors.I remember when it was 70p!
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:05 AM BST
The Swiss have the best racing journalists in the world,koo.

Standards are obviously slipping over there in the UK.
Report Quito March 28, 2012 10:14 AM BST
Good morning M.Charnier (Geneve)
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:20 AM BST
Good morning,Quito.
Report Quito March 28, 2012 10:24 AM BST
The 3.00 at Lingfield Park could be fun, Alain?
Report Chompy_imo March 28, 2012 10:29 AM BST
Roflcopters @ 180. Comes on here ctiticising someone for a one-off error and calls a mare 'he'. Thicket.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:31 AM BST
I feel that now is the tame to make a protest and refrain from purchasing said product.

The ongoing glaring errors and general slapdash journalism only serve to trigger my melancholia and,hence, put me in an irascible mood.

Decent racing journalists at the RP are like hen's teeth these days.

Both Paul Smith and Muscat are both quite exceptional and Pyman's theories stand up to the closest scrutiny,yet the rest are very poor,generally speaking.

I feel that I could do a better job,as I am rarely guilty of making spelling or punctuation mistake's myself.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:36 AM BST
IMO Guesty used one of his horses to instigate a speed duel at Wolves the other day,Quito,thus enabling a win for his other runner in the race(George Fenton).

It's anyone's guess what will happen today with that bennt football agent involved,Sir.

I can imagine John Balding,a decent trainer sadly in decline,will do anything that the bennt one will tell him to do.
Report Quito March 28, 2012 10:36 AM BST
You're punctuation has never been in doubt.
Report Quito March 28, 2012 10:40 AM BST
The trainer in question has used this tactic regularly, Monsieur Charnier. George Fenton was a most pleasing example, but Cut The Cackle and Kames Park have been other beneficiaries.

Catalyze has been expensive to follow. Very expensive.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:40 AM BST
I feel that now is the tame

It appear's that I cannot spell the word "time." Sad
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:41 AM BST
Maybe Catalyze is just a "Catalyst" today,Quito ?
Report GEORGE.B March 28, 2012 10:43 AM BST
Who's training Catalyze, please?

In the paper on the racecard it's Richard Guest, but in the form and on the websites it's John Balding.

Gonna presume it's JB.

Did wonder if it's still trained by Guesty whether it will be bombing of at 3f pace to try and set the race up for stablemate JTS.

Though as they're both owned by McKay, that may still be the case.

Btw, as suggested by a couple of us on here on the day, wasn't convinced by the ride Catalyze got lto - missed break and spent most the straight staring at another horse's backside.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:44 AM BST
24th Feb at Wolves,Quito.

Yossi blasted off in an effort to set race up for Kames,Guesty seemingly oblivious to the fact that Thundering Home also needs pace to run at.
Report GEORGE.B March 28, 2012 10:45 AM BST
*bombing off
Report Quito March 28, 2012 10:47 AM BST
Nobody's perfect, Alain. Catalyze taking on WD to set it up for JTS? Would make perfect sense.

George, I am sure both horses are trained by the man whose name appears next to them in the racecard. As all horses in training are.
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 10:50 AM BST
Maybe Ron Harris is stupid enough to instruct Egan to join in the party up front as well,Quito ?

Could be interesting.

Then again,the other scenario is that both McKay's runners are held up and never put into the race,perhaps ?
Report Quito March 28, 2012 10:56 AM BST
The lack of ability of the opposition would make that a risky strategy?
Report GEORGE.B March 28, 2012 11:03 AM BST
Speaking of Guesty's horses blasting off in front - I note the handicapper has dropped Royal Intruder to a mark of 50 from 70 in 8 runs, where it has either run in claimers at Southwell or gone off at a ridiculous pace in front (including over a mile lto). Crazy
Report thesecret March 28, 2012 11:06 AM BST
i am reading this thread with great interest but expecting the discussion to be about the very same tactics being used in the 5-00, mainly due to "ninebeforeten", getting smashed from 20's into 9/2 in a very very short period of time last night....
Report GEORGE.B March 28, 2012 11:17 AM BST
A bit like that Dunseverick yesterday? Before it was any price ya like come the off.
Report GEORGE.B March 28, 2012 11:19 AM BST
A bit like Dunseverick yesterday before it was any price ya like come off time?
Report Rider March 28, 2012 11:24 AM BST
the fact that the RP does not keep tipping records of its spotlight writers, despite this sort of accountability being as simple as it comes - says it all
Report onehundredandeighty March 28, 2012 11:25 AM BST
Chompy dont be a tit,i didnt even look at the horses sex,i was merely pointing out a mistake that could of cost the flick the paper punter a winner or a loser
Report GEORGE.B March 28, 2012 11:27 AM BST
Got a message saying BF was down when I tried to post the first time Crazy

Not that I would want to try and second-guess that mob, but I'm starting to think Catalyze is the one for today.

It's all a bit strange - firstly that he would claim JTS, and now the seemingly sudden (given the horse is still trained by RG according to the paper) change of stable for Catalyze.

The conspiracy theorists amongst you might think the much-higher rated JTS was bought to run in the same race as Catalyst in order to try and secure a better price on the latter?
Report Chompy_imo March 28, 2012 12:26 PM BST
roflcopters 180, you try covering that many horses a day without making the odd mistake. You couldn't even manage it covering ONE ffs!
Report millhouse March 28, 2012 1:35 PM BST
Anyone would think they didn't really give a ****, so long as the daily dose of industry propaganda gets force fed to the walking brain deads still handing over their money for this publication, imo...
Report Aviboyd March 28, 2012 2:02 PM BST
I'd like to see the RP adopt something similar to the Guardian's 'Corrections and Clarifications'.  Under the current editor the column would probably be as big as the newspaper itself imvho...
Report onehundredandeighty March 28, 2012 2:09 PM BST
Chompy,you must be thick,it was a turn of phrase not an observation YFDC
Report Chompy_imo March 28, 2012 2:21 PM BST
incred!
Report Quito March 28, 2012 3:06 PM BST
Did you enjoy that race, Monsieur Charnier?
Report AlainCharnier..Macau. March 28, 2012 3:09 PM BST
I rarely play on the AW,Sir.

It is infested with pikeys.

In ten years time this game will be about as popular as badger baiting.

It is already on its ar$e.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com