Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
nineiron
24 Feb 12 09:49
| Topic/replies: 790 | Blogger: nineiron's blog
Update regarding bidding and priorites
Pause Switch to Standard View Epsom hill AGT website
Show More
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 1:02 PM GMT
do yourselves a favour chaps and , ignore these bidding forms, ok we know a few will break ranks for one good days business(if it is) but as a whole we have a chance to do something for ourselves by voting with our  chequebooks and not giving the4m a penny.to those who chose to go , i hope it p9sses down all  3 days and every stamp wins.!!!!!!!
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 1:17 PM GMT
does stamp mean fav ?
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 1:25 PM GMT
i think u know full well jim lol.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 1:28 PM GMT
i didnt sickoflaying winners, but if it does most of the f.....s will win.
Report Davy Jones February 24, 2012 2:03 PM GMT
Contract/Bidding Form arrived this morning.

£72 for pitch building per day (Payable all days in advanCe to Epsom); its also non negotiable NOT to have a pitch built in the Square.

£17 per day for AGT services - payable whether you attend or not.

COME RACING !!!!!!!
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 2:14 PM GMT
davy

theres another reason why sickoflayinwinners advice is correct.
Report Davy Jones February 24, 2012 2:28 PM GMT
I should add thst the AGT is for 3 days £51 all due whether you attend or not....COME RACING

Jimnast - they are compeltely ruining the game, why bother going out the door!!!
Report wasnot February 24, 2012 2:29 PM GMT
Epsom can go swivel in my humble opinion.  I'm going to go to Stratford.
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 2:34 PM GMT
i can go to brighhton  oaks day(it will be miles better anyway) ive got nowhere to go the other two days but im gonna stick to my guns, you must rememberr  youve no devine right to win ,.as for the STAMP   thing i think its a southern term, along with splonk ,filthy .... not sure what the northern te4rm is ll. but it hs the same result..
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 2:35 PM GMT
ill cut my winters attendance down to just a few days next year, hard to beat the jumpers.
Report Davy Jones February 24, 2012 2:41 PM GMT
The problem with talking with your cheque book is that it doesnt work. Look at Ayr, Ffos Las etc the good picks will get taken and Epsom wont care if books who've been there for years dont attend.

A real shame.
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 2:46 PM GMT
hopefullyless than half the usual books will go far less would be nicer, lets hope it costs them plenty of money and the go back to the old way.
Report dave d February 24, 2012 2:49 PM GMT
well i know two firms with over fifty years experience of betting on the hill who wont be travelling from the north east ......
Report allpoints February 24, 2012 2:58 PM GMT
I gave that place up a few years ago.One of the best business decisions I've made.The last couple of years I've done a doubler instead & taken plenty at decent odds due I suppose to there being less books at the meetings I went to.This year it will be Cartmel or should I say a trip to the bank again for another withdrawl.I suppose it will improve it for the Southern books who do attend,at least it could be one decent day this year they'll have.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 3:05 PM GMT
allpoints

have cartmel raced on derby night before ?
Report allpoints February 24, 2012 3:10 PM GMT
Not that I know of.
Having just looked at the Calendar it could be another doubler.Haydock & Cartmel.
Cartmel do not want to race on the Saturday nights but were told 3 or 4 yrs ago that if they wanted to race on Whit Saturday then it had to be on the night.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 3:42 PM GMT
thanks allpoints,it should still be ok in marketed right.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 3:43 PM GMT
as in suggesting they get there nice and early to see the derby.
Report Davy Jones February 24, 2012 3:47 PM GMT
jimnast - you not going to Epsom? I got nowhere else to go, I sold my pitch at Worcester.
Report never give up February 24, 2012 3:52 PM GMT
how many books r on the hill?
Report sinfin February 24, 2012 4:12 PM GMT
30 on hill square 30 on guards tent 10 in a new area total of 36 in coach area 25 on london road and a couple of others
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 4:38 PM GMT
davy worcester isnt on this year,i will be going to cartmel,as said earlier by sickoflayinwinners theres more to think of than just one day from a long term point off view,but many who bet at epsom dont really care about that.
Report 545APG February 24, 2012 4:42 PM GMT
I've always fancied betting on the hill

But this is the wrong way to deal with pitches

Unfortunately I am sure there will be plenty of bookies who will bid

I for one will not be bidding
Report Davy Jones February 24, 2012 4:43 PM GMT
jimnast - i understand what you are saying but given Ayr, Ffos Las and the deals already agreed post 2012 then I cant see it making any difference.

Perhaps if bookmaker attendance fell by over 50% they would care, otherwise they will just accept it for what it is.

I had a pick in Epsom Derby Tatts and sold it because of the X's, now we get this!
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 4:54 PM GMT
davy i think a lot of the books who have to travel from the north will knock it on the head,in fairness to the southen books they have a harder choice.
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 5:00 PM GMT
jim its a easy choicev , all give the place a swerve and let them look at how  much revenue they lose.let them deal with cxomplaints from punters who struggle to get a bet on as theres next to no books, when they see theyve lost half or more bookies fees and have upset a huge crowd that may/maynot retrn  then let them live with their fk up.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 5:02 PM GMT
put like that your right.
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 5:06 PM GMT
of coursev some books wll turn up  and be extra busy if most of us stay away, hopefully as i said earlierr it will be torrential rain   and 7 favs win and the greedy gits who cant see the big picture get there just rewards. id laugh myself silly ifit happened.
Report sickoflayinwinners February 24, 2012 5:09 PM GMT
i wont be staying away as ive got somewhere else to go, ill just have a day off or do a bit of arbing.in fact   nice tif non attenedees (due to this new set up) sign in , maybe we can get an idea of how many are willing to act ratherr than just moan.
Report carpet1 February 24, 2012 6:17 PM GMT
looks to me like the books will be paying to have an agt rep there,on days when there is a possibility no books will turn up at all
Report sinfin February 24, 2012 6:35 PM GMT
now thats where the agt are going u pay even if u dont go?
Report dave d February 24, 2012 6:39 PM GMT
now know of three northern firms not going to bet on the hill
Report allpoints February 24, 2012 7:02 PM GMT
A word of warning for any book thinking of going in the rubbing house.If this area is where I believe it to be it is absolute carp down there.I had it to myself down there one year & it was unbelievably useless.Don't go in this area.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 7:06 PM GMT
is anybody going to challenge this from a legal point of view  ?

i thought it was common land.
Report mossbros2 February 24, 2012 7:27 PM GMT
Bet on hill bank holiday monday last year one of aprox 12 books took £120 on three races packed up whent home... never again .     This year  160 pitches agt  fee for day 160x17 =£2720
Report REGIT February 24, 2012 8:15 PM GMT
Bet on hill every year since nashwan.never lost and business always fine.usually guards tent but i wont be bidding cos its wrong.it was wrong at ayr,and its wrong to bid for any new area.the one thing i can guarantee you is it will only get more expensive.im lucky i have somewhere else to go but for anybody who goes dont start moaning when it goes up in price 2012.
Report REGIT February 24, 2012 8:16 PM GMT
sorry 2013
Report Wood Lane February 24, 2012 8:16 PM GMT
Jimnast, It is common land 51 weeks a year but Derby week it is taken over by the borough council.Thats how they got round charging the travelling people to pull their trailers on there and make the Lonsdale an enclosure and Langlands an enclosure were the steps that the band sat on is.
Report jimnast February 24, 2012 8:24 PM GMT
thanks for clearing that up wood lane.
Report wasnot February 24, 2012 8:41 PM GMT
I have been for the last 6 years.  I will NOT be bidding.  It is wrong IMO and I won't be part of it.  This gives you a small insight into just how much they were trying to shaft us with the 2012 scenario.
Report sinfin February 24, 2012 9:17 PM GMT
i like fellow posters ave bet every year and can comfirm that we paid 45 for friday last year and woulnt go if they paid me to attend this day so its all about derby day charge 150 and ave done with it but asking us to bid is a step too far
Report flash bookie February 24, 2012 9:19 PM GMT
in days gone by the books in the walton enclosure have been well spread out looking at the plan they now seem to be in a bank of 10 and a bank of 30 does anybody know how close to 1 another the pitches will be if they are now rite nxt to 1 another it will be absolutely f#####g useless in there !!!!!
Report MaxED February 24, 2012 11:23 PM GMT
lower tatts much cop?
Report overs and unders February 25, 2012 6:45 AM GMT
why doesn't everybody just bid £150 and be done with it.
let agt try and sort that one out.
last year was £140 so a £10 increase is not unreasonable considering they
have got themselves into a position where they can charge what they like.
Report Davy Jones February 25, 2012 8:18 AM GMT
flash - apparently layout will be same as last year.
Report courselayer February 25, 2012 8:41 AM GMT
AGT seem to have done a grand job of the admin fee payable.
Epsom is a one day event, open for 3 days for some reason.
AGT are entitled to £5 i think for minor ring administration for Derby day,
yet the majority of book attending will have to pay £51 for the privilege.

I trust they will donate the £9k slush money to the injured jockeys fund, especially
as they are trying to reduce their reserves this year "by way of
a future reduction in fees" according to their recent financial statements.
Report courselayer February 25, 2012 8:41 AM GMT
AGT seem to have done a grand job of the admin fee payable.
Epsom is a one day event, open for 3 days for some reason.
AGT are entitled to £5 i think for minor ring administration for Derby day,
yet the majority of book attending will have to pay £51 for the privilege.

I trust they will donate the £9k slush money to the injured jockeys fund, especially
as they are trying to reduce their reserves this year "by way of
a future reduction in fees" according to their recent financial statements.
Report carpet1 February 25, 2012 10:00 AM GMT
if 1st race is around 1.30pm most people will need a
hotel to get there for 8.30 am another expense to think about.
Report sinfin February 25, 2012 11:19 AM GMT
i just spoke to the guy in charge and tried to explain to him that there is not one coach or person in the hill coach area on the friday and he still expects us to bet from there he wasnt aware about that but insists we must stay there if we choose that for all 3 days ave epsom really got a clue
Report sinfin February 25, 2012 11:22 AM GMT
overs thats right but u got to add the 51 agt fee aswell so its a 61 hike
Report sinfin February 25, 2012 12:28 PM GMT
another problem regarding guards tent i think usually about 22 turn up on sat and its tight so if u bid and get after  that number u may aswell stay at home.there was a total of 76 people in the guards tent last year enuff for 3 books tops and i think im right in saying nobody there on bank holiday ave epsom thought about this
Report sickoflayinwinners February 25, 2012 6:33 PM GMT
its an easy call chaps, just boycott the p999sshole , let them cop next to nothing off the bookies and still have all the costs of clearing up. they want to shaft us, lets shaft THEM dont go   dont bid and next year thetll be begging us to go back , this is our chance  to stand firm. if they want fkn  lets fk em royaly
Report sickoflayinwinners February 25, 2012 6:36 PM GMT
btw if you were all to bid 150 each   who will decide whoi goes where, if ever theres gonna be a riot this is it, actually i might just b9m a lift of a m8 and go and watch the rucks, sure to be 5 or six bids  at same level
Report Wood Lane February 25, 2012 8:25 PM GMT
They say that if there are bids of the same amount the envelope that reaches AGT by recorded delivery first will get the pitch.
Report sinfin February 25, 2012 8:50 PM GMT
so lets start the im not going fcuk him thread the bloke i spoke to today hasnt got a f***ing clue and how can the agt charge £17 to bookmakers wen there not present if they get away with this all racecourses will follow
Report Davy Jones February 27, 2012 8:19 PM GMT
With a pitching up time of 8.30am all the agt staff will need to be put up in a hotel, thats why they are charging £17.
Report sickoflayinwinners February 27, 2012 8:24 PM GMT
8.30, if your midlands/ northern based you have to leave at 4 a.m or get overnight digs, more expense, you end up with exes of about a monkety with digs  evening meal wages and everything else, youd needd certifying to  come  a long way for it , and as we said when do you ever get a result in the big race.
Report dave d February 27, 2012 9:54 PM GMT
been going to the derby with various firms from the north east for almost 30 years ......not this year though ...
Report never give up March 3, 2012 8:29 PM GMT
ttt
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com