Fairyhouse remains unfit for racing due to frost. A further track inspection will be held at 4pm today ahead of tomorrow's card. Prospects are said to be good as little frost expected tonight. They may look again in the a.m.
Meanwhile Punchestown is heavy ahead of Sunday's programme. The forecast is for a dry day today, and milder with light rain overnight clearing tomorrow morning.
Rain later tomorrow - dry on Sunday.
Fairyhouse remains unfit for racing due to frost. A further track inspection will be held at 4pm today ahead of tomorrow's card. Prospects are said to be good as little frost expected tonight. They may look again in the a.m.Meanwhile Punchestown is h
Fairyhouse remains unfit for racing due to frost after a 4.00pm inspection this afternoon.
A further 8.00am inspection will be held tomorrow morning ahead of the seven-race card.
Action is due to get underway at 1.30pm. Temperatures are forecast to rise overnight with outbreaks of rain.
Peter Roe, racecourse manager of the County Meath track, said all is not lost yet:-
"It was very frustrating but basically the temperature did not get to what we expected.
"We'll have a look in the morning and we did not want to pull it tonight as the temperatures are due to rise.
"We are looking at it rising to 5C at around midnight with some rain, which should definitely help. If the forecast is right, we will be able to race."
Sunday’s meeting a Punchestown, which features the higly anticipated clash of two mile rivals Big Zeb and Sizing Europe, is set to go ahead as planned after covers were laid on the track earlier in the week.
“The covers are down and have been since Tuesday,” explained Punchestown racing manager Richie Galway.
“It’s a labour intensive initiative but if it is the difference between racing going ahead or being abandoned it is well worth the effort.
“The hurdle and chase tracks are currently raceable and we are confident, based on the forecast, that there won’t be any problems for Sunday. The cross country track is run over such an expanse it is not feasible to cover it. At present there are a small number of areas that are unraceable, however, if the milder temperatures arrive as forecast and given that we have moved the race to late in the day we are very hopeful.”
Fairyhouse remains unfit for racing due to frost after a 4.00pm inspection this afternoon.A further 8.00am inspection will be held tomorrow morning ahead of the seven-race card.Action is due to get underway at 1.30pm. Temperatures are forecast to ris
Today’s meeting at Fairyhouse is subject to a further inspection at 10.30am.
Irish Turf Club officials checked the course at 8am and although conditions remain unraceable, they are keen to give the fixture every chance.
Turf Club press officer Cliff Noone said: “It is an improving situation as it has been raining for the last few hours and temperatures have definitely risen.
“At the moment the course is still not fit for racing, but they are hoping that come 10.30am, the situation will be resolved.”
Today’s meeting at Fairyhouse is subject to a further inspection at 10.30am.Irish Turf Club officials checked the course at 8am and although conditions remain unraceable, they are keen to give the fixture every chance.Turf Club press officer Cliff
Assume rain would be a good sign. I am desperate for Fairyhouse to be on. Looks a shocking day of racing if its not and it supposed to snow in London which would be annoying. Come on Ireland show the UK how to do and get some jumps racing on.
Assume rain would be a good sign. I am desperate for Fairyhouse to be on. Looks a shocking day of racing if its not and it supposed to snow in London which would be annoying. Come on Ireland show the UK how to do and get some jumps racing on.
Rain not a good sign, Fairyhouse unraceable most of the week due to the heavy ground. Now they have 2 elements to fight Frost and rain good luck to them on that project.
Rain not a good sign, Fairyhouse unraceable most of the week due to the heavy ground. Now they have 2 elements to fight Frost and rain good luck to them on that project.
thanks cardif already had a big doublebat fairyhouse 1 down 1 to go the mullins 1 won easy just davy russeel and morris 2 go in the 4.15 cant see anything giveing it a race.
thanks cardif already had a big doublebat fairyhouse 1 down 1 to go the mullins 1 won easy just davy russeel and morris 2 go in the 4.15 cant see anything giveing it a race.