Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
26 Jan 21 15:00
| Topic/replies: 20,272 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
With Santini unlikely to appear this race could turn into a laughing stock as a recognised prep for the Gold Cup this year; Bristol De Mai (2/1f) was an over-ran in the main event; Native River is not the horse since his courageous victory over Might Bite. The rest are probably not fit to grace the turf in the Gold Cup at Cheltenham.
Pause Switch to Standard View Cotswold Chase (Sat)
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR January 26, 2021 6:40 PM GMT
have backed the conditional each way ante post 10/1  ,this could cut up santini looks like going awaol ,tizz yard in dire form atm ,bristol du mai a bit too short for me but favs chance  and st calvados  might not get home in the conditions , the conditinal good winner of the ultima and a good 2nd on seasonal debut will do for me each way.
Report impossible123 January 27, 2021 9:11 AM GMT
Good choice given short price of BDM and NR both past-it Gold Cup contenders. A great shame nothing from Ireland eg Delta Work/Minella Indo, Melon, Presenting Percy and Samcro despite impending their Gold Cup.
Report paulo47 January 27, 2021 3:28 PM GMT
I feel that on their ratings (oops) and Ultima runs over the past two years , I would prefer to be on Lake View Lad at a similar price . Agree with the sentiments though .
Report impossible123 January 27, 2021 4:44 PM GMT
Santini - will he or won't he? The plan is to run him, according to Hendo, but he's also been given the option of the Grand National Trial at Haydock on 20th Feb. He'd also run in the Denman Chase a week before but, the plan is to run Champ there. I'm not saying they both can't go there, added Hendo.

Make of what one can of the above. However, I'd rather Hendo say nothing until later in the week (less is more Mr Henderson) when more is known about the weather, and probable going on saturday for Cheltenham.
Report GAZO January 27, 2021 4:55 PM GMT
it was pretty much heavy ground last year and it didnt do santini any harm
Report impossible123 January 27, 2021 5:10 PM GMT
Indeed. It was 44s slower than standard. And, he beat mudlark Bristol De Mai in the process; he'll get a nice tow (again) from BDM. After running him in the King George (when he'd no chance) running here pales into insignificance. And, it's 45 days to Cheltenham (not 3 weeks).
Report Bentring January 27, 2021 7:20 PM GMT
Yes a great shame it is,well if you take the cost of travel and people add the new cost after Brexit(I read £700)vet ect;racing for a 1st prize of 35k can't blame them not coming over here.
The race in leopardstown is worth 200k(euros)and imagine winner is on 60% says it all.
Report impossible123 January 29, 2021 5:10 PM GMT
Down the tube as some parts of the track is waterlogged. A rescheduling has been mooted; all bets still stand.
Report impossible123 January 29, 2021 9:09 PM GMT
Billies refunded stake, here in 72hrs, if not rescheduled. But, on a different track bets will be voided anyway, right? The mooted alternative is Sandown not Cheltenham.
Report impossible123 February 2, 2021 6:23 PM GMT
This has been rerouted to Sandown - the trip is 3m 37yds. The $64k question is will this shorter trip cause Santini a victory? He only just managed to win here last season; 5/2 (Santini) against 9/4 (BDM) and 9/2 (Native River). A watching brief for me. Cheltenham is the real test.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com