Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
19 Jan 21 19:14
| Topic/replies: 21,491 | Blogger: sageform's blog
This is shaping up as a hot race if most of them run. Politologue deserves to be favourite but with Cobden back on board, he should be longer than 5/4. Waiting Patiently is not really a 2 mile horse but he is a strong finisher. Defi has no chance on recent runs but could bounce back. if he does he might win easily. The one I like best at the rprices is First flow although Kim Bailey is very cold since new Year. The horse just keeps winning and 16/1 looks big. I need Politologue for my 10 to follow but I am not sure if I will back him at less than 7/4.
Pause Switch to Standard View Clarence House Chase Ascot Saturday.
Show More
Report impossible123 January 20, 2021 1:10 PM GMT
I think 7/4 Politologue could be wishing thinking as he's the form horse and distance winner. However, Waiting Patiently did finish infront of Politologue when Cobden was on the latter in the 2019 Tingle Creek. But, being ridden from the front has given a new lease of life to Politologue.
Report sageform January 20, 2021 1:52 PM GMT
Not a 2 horse race though is it? Defi is well capable of beating them if back to form and First Flow has halved in price much to my annoyance as I put up a bet at 20 and missed 16!
Report impossible123 January 20, 2021 4:50 PM GMT
At the moment it's a one-horse race - on form and distance - unless Politologue is not ridden from the front or jumping like his usual self. The only danger is Waiting Patiently, if he's 2l or less behind Politologue jumping the last; DDS is not the horse he was 2 seasons ago; First Flow has been running in handicaps. The rest can stay at home.
Report penzance January 20, 2021 5:25 PM GMT
Defi Du Seuil went off the 2/5 jolly for the
Champion Chse,only 2 runs ago.That was on the
back of wins in this race and the Tingle Creek.
They were'nt 2 seasons ago.If Hobbs can get him
back to his best,he wins this if turning up.
Stable had a couple of winers today.
Report paulo47 January 20, 2021 6:59 PM GMT
Have sprinkled a few quid over Venetia's for Cheltenham at 200+ , which gives me an interest . Was going ok till the fall and hopefully has schooled well and young enough to improve .
Report harry callaghan January 21, 2021 10:48 AM GMT
Such a shame this great race isn’t still run as limited handicap anymore

Some great duels down the years with top class horses trying to give weight to top class handicappers

Nordance prince v flagship uberalles and Isio v assertuiop just a couple from the past and of course well chief and a host of other good winners of the race down the years

Obviously a good race this year but would be lovely to see the nicholls horse give the weight to the Bailey horse, which he would be doing in the good old days
Report penzance January 21, 2021 12:45 PM GMT
Desert Orchid gave over 20LB to Panto Prince
one year,'89,if I'm right.
Report morpteh mackem January 21, 2021 1:18 PM GMT

Jan 21, 2021 -- 6:45AM, penzance wrote:

Desert Orchid gave over 20LB to Panto Princeone year,'89,if I'm right.

that was some race

Report harry callaghan January 21, 2021 1:25 PM GMT
Correct penzance, been some great duels down the years when it was a handicap...anyway sure it’ll be a good race Saturday but no reason why it couldn’t be a grade 1 handicap
Report sageform January 21, 2021 8:30 PM GMT
Defi du Seuil has beaten Politologue twice. Once when getting 3lb and once by a very long way in the Tingle Creek last year when Waiting Patiently was third. Politologue beat Defi easily at Cheltenham. Duc de Geneievres is an Arkle winner but he has not won in a long time and seems a weak finisher. Can Paul Nicholls improve him 10lb which would be enough? I still want Politologue to win but 5/4 is plain daft.
Report FELTFAIR January 22, 2021 8:37 PM GMT
Having a speculative each way bet on Fanion Destruval. Could of had 18 on here Friday morning but didn`t take it and now 11 as I write. Fanciful selection but hoping he stands up and is not a complete no hoper.
Report harry callaghan January 23, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
Well done sage
Report impossible123 January 23, 2021 4:38 PM GMT
Well done 'sageform'. He's definitely a contender for the main event in March. I was impressed with the way he contested the lead and outjumped Politologue soon after the off.
Report FOYLESWAR January 23, 2021 7:16 PM GMT
wd sage good pick
Report penzance January 23, 2021 8:09 PM GMT
OP
   wd
   GL
Report GI MAC January 24, 2021 9:29 AM GMT
wp op
Report paulo47 January 24, 2021 10:24 AM GMT
Brilliant call
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit