Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
21 Dec 20 16:36
| Topic/replies: 2,709 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Nicky’s surprise supplement of Santini seems to have given rise to laughter and joking on here.
Cheltenham is definitely his course but he ran much better in the 2018 Kauto Star on goodish ground than people are giving him credit. He was closing Topofthegame and L Bag coming up to the line and would have gone past them in maybe 100 yards. It’s on YouTube.

I can assure you Nicholls wasn’t pleased to see him entered.

If it’s soft ground, he pushes the pace he finishes in top 3.....maybe better.
Pause Switch to Standard View Santini King George
Show More
Report IrisDeBalme December 23, 2020 11:29 PM GMT
Well King George is braced as a 2 horse race - I'm not convinced at all.

Santini is proven class neck second to AL BOUM PHOTO in the Gold Cup.  Maybe the horse suited to Cheltenham rather than Kempton - but that's not substantiated.  As OP has stated did not run a bad race and only run once at Kempton.  I think the track does suit him and I am convinced he is a much better horse than CDS.

I still have some doubts with 3m with Cyrname despite winning so well.  I still think 2m 5f is his ideal distance.  Difficult to make any assessment of that race - 2nd Vindication fell, but Aye Right came 2nd in Ladbroke, but wouldn't say he beat anything special that day.

LODSTINTRANSLATION is a difficult horse to assess - but I respect the Tizzards and think he will show a lot better this time.

From a betting perspective I would easily take my chances with SANTINI and LOSTINTRANSLATION than Nicholls big 2 - In fact out of Nicholls 4 declared think Real Steel is the dark horse.

Good Luck!

No
Report impossible123 December 24, 2020 10:56 AM GMT
A prep for The RSA is totally different to The King George, I'd think, and he'd not win that either. On that basis his chance of winning here can only be classed as barest minimal; Lostintranslation is preferred even though backers will know their fate with a circuit to go.

CDO/Lost - rfc.
Report buddeliea December 24, 2020 11:05 AM GMT
I would not touch a Tizzard horse in a top class chase with a bargepole right now.
Very Good horse like a few they have, but under performing like a few they have.

Santini is a very interesting inclusion, and makes the race more fascinating.
Think hes tailor made for the Gold Cup as proved in March, not so sure he is for the KG though, but fascinating all the same in a pretty poor renewal(imo).
Report FOYLESWAR December 24, 2020 11:21 AM GMT
saint calvados is a very interesting one at a price ,has learnt to settle nowadays and the ryanaire  neck 2nd to min shows he is no mug ,has to prove he stays but is by saint des saints so could stay unexposed at trip improving and we dont know what his limit is yet , seasonal debut last 3 years ...111.ground ok and 20/1 each way 3 places not the worst bet imo .
Report impossible123 December 24, 2020 11:26 AM GMT
I believe only an aged Hendo would supplement Santini here (with a probable 3x winner present), and possibly Champ induced too eg avoidance between his two charges prior to Cheltenham. A public "race" gallop for prize money is more productive and rewarding than a mere racecourse gallop.

I'll lay Cyrname in a match against CDO and possibly against Lostintranslation too.
Report paulo47 December 24, 2020 12:34 PM GMT
Am with Foyles , at the price , 30s on machine was worth a chance .
Report duffy December 24, 2020 5:30 PM GMT
Apparently Santini needs a run so he runs and Nicky obviously thinks it won't do him any harm, but this is totally out of character for the trainer, by his own admission the track doesn't suit and I cant help but wonder if, still smarting from the Altior incident that he is taking the opportunity to provide a piece of evidence for future reference that he's not an "everything has to be perfect" merchant and that he will run his best horses even when conditions aren't ideal. Of course if the horse wins it would have backfiredWink and his critics could se it against him, but hey, sticking one squarely on the chin of Nicholls would more than make up for itDevil
Report impossible123 December 24, 2020 6:39 PM GMT
I thought Hendo's told Lydia his main aim is only runs horses to win races. If so, more chance of Bojo doing a u-turn next year on Brexit than Santa winning this race, I believe. But, hey it's only horse-racing.
Report impossible123 December 26, 2020 10:09 AM GMT
I backed this beast for Cheltenham, but here? Covid or plain madness induced, I firmly believe.
Report impossible123 December 26, 2020 4:16 PM GMT
I do not think you'll see him running here ever again despite the slow and softish ground. Also, it showed the form of last season's Kauto race was pants.

Frodon and Bryony were brilliant, and well deserved.
Report sixtwosix December 26, 2020 7:58 PM GMT
Thought he ran a belter.
Close up , hit one as the pace quickened but jumped well in the straight and was finished close enough.
26 furlongs and a steep hill will always be his forte.....could well win the Gold Cup in March.
Report impossible123 December 27, 2020 1:38 PM GMT
He ran as well as he could, still 10l behind Frodon. But, he was the one ridden with every chance to win; Waiting Patiently well behind him early on yet finished 8l infront.

Cheltenham more his cup-of-tea esp if the ground is testing.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com