Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
08 Nov 20 19:55
| Topic/replies: 1,468 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Vinndication not confirmed by Kim Bailey yet but with Topofthegame at the head of the weights he should aim him here imo.

Have taken some 16/1 as he will be vying for favouritism if he does run imo.

In case he doesn’t run the other one I like the look of is Black Op @ 20/1 so have added that too.
Pause Switch to Standard View Hennessey Gold Cup Newbury 28th Nov
Show More
Report sintonian November 8, 2020 10:02 PM GMT
Strange race this year with a horse with a massive rating that only Denman has defied in decades. Topofthegame is an appalling price imo.

I thought Kildisart ran really well behind Roksana lto. As far as prep races go that was decent. 20/1 seems fair.
Report FELTFAIR November 9, 2020 10:09 AM GMT
Beware the Bear seems a delicate individual given his number of appearances but is really well in based on last years performance in this race. Withdrawn from the Scottish Grand National because of the ground I assume Henderson thinks the trip is not a problem.

Taken the 60 on here and hoping he is in the line up come the day.
Report unclepuncle November 9, 2020 1:42 PM GMT
Topofthegame out for season.

Favourite out but the worry now is that Bailey won’t want to run Vinndication under top weight.
Report giggitygiggity November 9, 2020 1:53 PM GMT
Just backed last year's winner DE RASHER COUNTER at 20/1. Won well last year on a 6lb lower mark and only 8yrs old so still can improve. Laid out for the race and had a nice prep over hurdles.
Report FELTFAIR November 11, 2020 1:11 PM GMT
Betfair now only have 28 in their market with a safety limit of 24 I think. THankfully Beware The Bear is one of the 28.
Report gpz6316 November 12, 2020 10:49 PM GMT
can i lament having had 200 on the nose of behrajan to be thwarted in the last stride by whots up boys ! still vivid .
Report knot in wood November 16, 2020 7:19 PM GMT
the curse of ante post betting gigg de rasher counter out for season, tendon injury.

i backed COPPERHEAD before he ran a abysmal race over hurdles at wetherby, looking like something was amiss.

be well pleased if he just turns up on the day and at least the yard is in better form now.
Report FELTFAIR November 16, 2020 8:03 PM GMT
"be well pleased if he just turns up on the day."

And Robbie Power is in the saddle.
Report Numismatist November 16, 2020 8:46 PM GMT
According to Joe Tizzard they didn’t find anything wrong with Copperhead after Wetherby and he’s on target for this race.
I backed him a while ago but don’t like the bet after that alarming cut out.
Report paulo47 November 17, 2020 10:23 AM GMT
33s EW De Rasher Counter , 28s EW St Calvados , I have had better weeks , have 25s Two For Gold .....please run !
Report giggitygiggity November 17, 2020 6:29 PM GMT
Yes annoying when they don't make the race knot. Always got a few ante post multi bets on the go and had Copperhead in all of them but they are all down now after the Breeders cup..big fan of the horse but don't fancy it now like Numismatist said..think it might need another prep run.

Two for gold @ 25s looks good Paulo..just looking at the card and how the weights are framed, I do like looking for a class horse with 10st something..The Conditional and Two for gold are the 2 with lovely racing weights.
All the value has gone now though in all the horses so just have to wait for the day now.
Report Numismatist November 18, 2020 9:47 AM GMT
Cloth Cap one with potential to shorten significantly. Needs decent ground and taken out of RDT’s handicap last Sunday.
Ran a nice race behind Frodon and dropped a couple of pounds since. Could see him being a 12s chance on G/S ground.
Report giggitygiggity November 19, 2020 10:02 AM GMT
I've got Cloth Cap in one of my Ten to follow teams as a wildcard staying chaser..definitely think he will win at least on big handicap chase this year..was thinking more a spring race like Chelt/Scot Nat/Bet365. If he turns up on decent going should run into a place with that low weight but also entered in the Becher chase the following week
Report gpz6316 November 19, 2020 10:09 PM GMT
well its gonna piss it down tommorrow giggity . its gonna be a slog , cant get away from aye right personally
Report gpz6316 November 19, 2020 10:12 PM GMT
apologies , next weekend not this maybe you get your ground
Report 1st time poster November 22, 2020 1:23 PM GMT
you dont need rose tainted glasses,yearn for yesterday,etc,etc to no this race seems to diminish year on year
Report FELTFAIR November 23, 2020 2:02 PM GMT
19 left in for now.
Report knot in wood November 23, 2020 4:55 PM GMT
AYE RIGHT and TWO FOR GOLD also in the rehearsal 28k at newcastle, ladbroke/hennessey(funny how a name sticks) worth 114k Shocked
Report sixtwosix November 23, 2020 7:45 PM GMT
I thought Vindication ran a cracker at Wetherby , never travelling like the winner ....but was very close at the end.
Just like CDO in the Betfair , I don't think Cyrname had much left whereas Vindication looks a Gold Cup horse to me , all about stamina.

8/1
Report sixtwosix November 23, 2020 7:50 PM GMT
this race seems to diminish year on year

Too True

Denman , Burrough Hill Lad , Suny Bay , Arkle , Mill House all carrying huge weights
Diamond Edge , Bregawn taking the last out by it's roots.....
Report harry callaghan November 23, 2020 7:50 PM GMT
Six two six do you not think cyrname won unextended then? Not much left normally means the horse was running on fumes? I don’t understand
Report sixtwosix November 23, 2020 7:52 PM GMT
I thought he looked like he did not want to any further .....these good jockeys create an illusion. Look at CDO cruising ,or so it seemed, up to BDM on Sunday.
Report harry callaghan November 23, 2020 8:01 PM GMT
No doubt vindication stays well and I think I know what you are getting at...clan des obeaux stayed he was just outclassed imo you have to remember the rating Bristol is capable of running to around haydock...cyrname I don’t get your opinion the rider just wanted to give the horse a nice experience he won unextended in my book
Report sixtwosix November 23, 2020 8:22 PM GMT
Fair enough it's all about opinions.
I didn't believe the Cyrname hype last year and was on several threads on how he would not win the King George .....

I just thought the last few strides there was just a hint , a little shake of the reins ,that enough was enough ....
Whereas Vindication reminds me of Native River , and the long straight at Newbury over an extended trip will suit him .
Report giggitygiggity November 24, 2020 8:30 AM GMT
Bailey says Vinndication definite runner but Two for gold might go to Newcastle instead as he doesn't think he is an out and out stayer
Report duffy November 24, 2020 5:01 PM GMT
I thought that Twiston Davies thought that he never had much left under him and was dreading when the moment came to ask the horse the question all the way up the straight. I thought Jacob on the other hand was relishing the prospect of a battle.
Report gpz6316 November 26, 2020 10:05 PM GMT
just a few days to go and having a fresh examination of the form , ive had a change of heart based on class . im gonna be on kiddisart although i think aye right should go well . best of luck
Report FELTFAIR November 28, 2020 11:48 AM GMT
Backed Beware the Bear and Copperhead at big prices and have subsequently traded and have used some of the "green" money to back Potterman as well.

Will back them all in a hopeful 6 place market.

When Sizing Tennessee won a couple of years ago the price collapsed a few minutes before the race so I will be watching Copperhead`s odds closely to decide on additional trading.
Report nocturnal November 28, 2020 12:31 PM GMT
Not often we see 8/1 the field in a handicap with 18 runners.

Wee glance at the race overnight,more like an Afro Pick than a Fine Toothed Comb.

Two second season chasers from last seasons notebook take their chance later today.

Danny Whizzbang ..... Rated 145,second string from the nicholls yard on jockey bookings.Successful on this card 12 months ago in the novice chase,he looked a fine prospect on his chasing bow.

Not quite gone to plan since then,with 3 lacklustre performances given the bare facts.Just the 6 runs under rules,all of those were right handed bar his run here a year ago.Whether by design or otherwise,he should be ok on this ground and looking forward to see how he shapes back on a flat left handed track.

Wind surgery x2 is not ideal,but he had a nice opener at wincanton,never really put in the race,jumped soundly and with another 3 weeks under his belt,he might just out-run his current odds.

Ardlethen ..... Rated 138,ran in the same race as DW on this card last season.

Lovely racing weight today,there are bits and bobbs that suggest he could shape well in this type of race.His novice chase bow at chepstow was quite impressive,quickening up to beat the likes of Lisnagar Oscar/Truckers Lodge over 3 miles.

His profile suggests he does not want proper winter ground,his only effort as a novice hurdler on good ground was very useful.Mainly kept to left handed tracks,his seasonal bow at carlisle was not without promise,another who needs to come on for that,this ground might see him in a better light.

While it may lack a star horse on paper,always an informative race for the season ahead.

Should be a cracker,GL to those playing.
Report metro john November 28, 2020 12:50 PM GMT
Cloth Cap e/w for me. sit sit sit
Report GI MAC November 28, 2020 1:18 PM GMT
Interesting shout there with Ardlethen noc, you've made me revisit himhis mark could prove lenient. Tough race to be confident with any.
Report nocturnal November 28, 2020 1:32 PM GMT
Afternoon GI

He,s a hard one to work out,he was around 50,s on here last night.What I would say,this stables horses can go north or south in the market very quickly just before the off,nothing new Cry.

Cloth Cap I stuck up at the festival,I can see the attraction off todays weight with him.
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 2:53 PM GMT
For me a lot of non stayers in this. I think their will be an awful lot of jockeys looking for a petrol garage 2 out as the tank hits the red
Report giggitygiggity November 28, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
Stormed 8172 places up the Ten to follow leaderboard..cantering now in 532nd place Cool
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 4:40 PM GMT
Why did they pull she wears it well this weekend giggity?
Report giggitygiggity November 28, 2020 5:23 PM GMT
I'm guessing because she's had 3 runs already this season and keeping her fresh hopefully for a grade 1 over xmas when the leaderboard will really take shape. I only stuck her and Darver star in at the last minute as I had my bankers Shiskin and Envoi Allen in all my 10 teams so thought I'd better do a team without them in case they get injured.
Have you seen the leaderboard?..absolutely dominated by one bloke Majestic motion..not you is it??
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 5:38 PM GMT
No I’m no where I’m afraid giggity I gambled on soft in the Hennessy so had 2 non runners and the other 2 ran like pigs...I’m languishing in 631st place for 2 lists and 2 lists in 693rd the other 4 lists are tailed
I’m annoyed I had an ok bet on the winner at Cheltenham last year silly as he is a good ground horse...never do a 2 week forecast giggity it should of been a swamp from what I looked at, otherwise I would of had a list with him in it
Shame in regards she wears it well for you I fancied her getting weight Sunday
I don’t see that chap at the top winning myself but we will see very open...you have a chance but I’d be praying darvar goes back hurdling then you might get a run with him...I think I’ve had it, wasted 2 good lines this weekend need a miracle...very difficult always has been
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 5:52 PM GMT
I’m more hopeful in the free one giggity for 5k my mrs is lurking in that one though and she is a witch at stiffing me. One of those who Sits on the couch when you’ve had you’re nuts on one and stiffs you on the run in for her fiver. Then says” I had a few quid on that” as you throw the lap top at her
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 5:53 PM GMT
I’m hoping I can take her curry off her though this time, that’s the bet I most want to win...nothing will give me greater pleasure
Report giggitygiggity November 28, 2020 6:06 PM GMT
Early stages yet.. it will only take shape after xmas grade 1s. Just need to get all the bonus race winners in one team. Just had a look at your teams..I see you've gone for the laser guided approach with all the bankers which is probably the best way while I've got my scatter gun out and tried to cover all the possible winners of each race and then hope they all land in the same team Crazy.
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 6:15 PM GMT
It’s never easy giggity I was going to put eldorado in and didn’t and he will be a good scorer...if you’re darver had won the other day and the grade 1 at Christmas he’d be a good scorer it isn’t easy it never has been...
I banked on honest vic in 4 lists and the lad makes the running on him something he’s never done, then decides he wants to chase a horse that has bolted but he wasn’t good enough anyway but he would of been a big scorer...you’re damned if you do in this comp and damned if you don’t so don’t beat yourself up you always want 12/13 horses and you can’t have them all I’m afraid
Report giggitygiggity November 28, 2020 6:59 PM GMT
Probably should start a ten to follow thread so everyone can post how they are doing ..
Report harry callaghan November 28, 2020 7:08 PM GMT
If their like me giggity they probably won’t want to talk about it...I’ve got no doubt I’m tailedCrazy

I’m Just praying on the free list giggityLove
Report SOULDANCER November 29, 2020 8:43 AM GMT
Numismatist, nice early shout. What price did you get?
Report Numismatist November 29, 2020 9:51 AM GMT
Thanks Soul Dancer. Backed him at 34 on here but my book was already on the retreat having backed Copperhead and De Rasher Counter in September. Only cleared a few quid.
Copperhead ran like a horse with a problem at Wetherby and backed up that impression here. Tried to jump off handy but didn’t meet a fence and couldn’t lie up. Don’t think we’ll be seeing him again for a while.
Report nocturnal November 29, 2020 10:45 AM GMT
Well Played Numismatist / Metro John and all those that kept the faith.

Go a long way to find a better round of jumping all season,electric at his fences.

New course record according to Racing Post,possibly a reason for some poor runs from a few.

Danny Whizzbang was beaten after a few fences,Ardlethen flattered to deceive,but ran ok.

Wait and see what mark Cloth Cap gets for that,Aintree being touted,we will see.

As for some of the Tizzard horses,you would hope they highlight a problem in the yard.

Happening a little too frequently with good class horses,not a great advert for the sport long term.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com