Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FELTFAIR
19 Oct 20 13:39
| Topic/replies: 6,890 | Blogger: FELTFAIR's blog
18 horses left in at the five day stage. Ballydoyle had 24 entries and this has been cut to 7. Unlikely I would think that all 7 would turn up and as usual  Ballydoyle plans will not be known until the last minute.

One possible runner is Van Gogh who ran in the Autumn Stakes( won by Military March last year) and is beaurifully bred in the purple and looks guaranteed to get the Derby trip. I`m on at 44-1 for the Derby to get me just over four figures.

Hope he may turn up though only a two week break since his run at Newmarket could come a bit quick.

However, if he comes just hope he runs a nice race and the Derby becomes a distinct possibility.
Pause Switch to Standard View Vertem Futurity Trophy Stakes
Show More
Report unclepuncle October 19, 2020 6:14 PM BST
Wembley at 3/1 would be a great bet if you coukd be certain he was running, could be 6/4 on the day.

Doubt both of Appleby’s will run but if La Barrosa runs I hope he wins as it will frank his form with Derab who I have lumped on for the Derby.
Report giggitygiggity October 20, 2020 8:48 AM BST
Hard to know which Ballydoyle horses are going to turn up but I'm not sure Wembley will run. I like the look of Bolshoi Ballet out of his runners but wouldn't back any of his horses until final decs and jockey bookings to get a better idea of the pecking order.
Apparently it's going to rain and the ground is likely to be soft and the one I've had a little bet on at 12/1 is KING VEGA. Although he's still a maiden he has finished second to a couple of good yardsticks Yibir and Etonian. Yibir beat a couple of the other runners in the race Megallen and Baradar last time and although Etonian disappointed in the Dewhurst he put One ruler in his place first time up. In other words he doesn't have that much to find. In both his races over 7f on good ground at Sandown he has travelled well but got slightly outpaced when the taps were turned on but then finished strongly. He is crying out for the mile and with his breeding and his action I think he will love the soft ground. So with conditions to suit and Oisin Murphy already booked I should get a run for my money.
Report sageform October 20, 2020 12:19 PM BST
I have to stick with Andrew Balding if he runs King Vega. Unlucky second in the Solario.
Report FOYLESWAR October 20, 2020 1:32 PM BST
18 left in at the 5 day including wembley ,van gogh etc.
Report impossible123 October 20, 2020 6:58 PM BST
Will AOB try to get a Gp1 win with Wembley? If so, he's a shoe-in, I believe. The major obstacle is he may not turn up; 11/4 is the carrot.
Report FOYLESWAR October 21, 2020 10:26 AM BST
also had a few sheckles on king vega and quite like an obrien possible but will wait till the 2 day decs are in for that one .
Report FELTFAIR October 22, 2020 11:02 AM BST
Van Gogh goes to France for the Group 1 Criterium International. Will be watching with interest.
Report penzance October 22, 2020 2:17 PM BST
Looks like Wembley runs 15/8 with
the books.
Report giggitygiggity October 22, 2020 3:36 PM BST
O'briens only runner so he means business
Report impossible123 October 22, 2020 5:01 PM BST
His trainer means business alright, the question is is Moore? 15/8 is a good price and a furlong longer a bonus, if trying. We'll know come 3pm.
Report FELTFAIR October 22, 2020 5:14 PM BST
What is the question impossible123 or is this another veiled cyber bullying of Ryan Moore?
Report morpteh mackem October 22, 2020 7:34 PM BST
obrien hoss doesnt fit trends of recent winners- too many runs (  0-16 anything over 4 runs )
Report impossible123 October 23, 2020 4:39 PM BST
But for St Mark's Basilica (contaminated feed) he'd have been a ready winner of The Dewhurst. A delayed accolade awaits (I hope).
Report driver2 October 24, 2020 10:29 AM BST
"the question is is Moore? 15/8 is a good price and a furlong longer a bonus, if trying." Do you mean if the horse is trying or if Ryan Moore is trying? Either way, your suggestion is as usual always ridiculous. You really are impossible, impossible!
Report sageform October 24, 2020 11:52 AM BST
King Vega is weak this morning but will do for me. I am obviously scared of a Wembley as they seem to find one for nearly every UK group 1 race for 2yos. As for Ryan and all of the riders, I am sure he is trying for his life if there is more than £50k up for grabs.
Report FELTFAIR October 24, 2020 11:58 AM BST
Have backed both Wembley and One Ruler.

Hope one of them is good enough and their Newmarket exertions have not left a mark.
Report FOYLESWAR October 24, 2020 12:37 PM BST
having already backed king vegas he is drifting so will top up a bit . i often back 2 in a race at decent odds and have added baradar a big outsider and got a fair few pounds to find on the ratings but he has won 2 on soft and he was beaten on good so conditions should be fine, room for improvement and he has been supplemented by connections and has only had 3 runs and will do for me each way  at 25/1 bog .
Report impossible123 October 24, 2020 8:51 PM BST
I remember clearly a poster was adamant Stradivarius preferred easy going citing the horse won the Gold Cup in soft condition (beating rags, may I add) and received the highest rating as a result despite the horse's trainer stated the contrary. And, the same poster has yet to cotton on Moore rides like an apprentice at Ascot, and repeatedly laughed at by Dettori year-in, year-out at Royal Ascot in their showdown eg riding hotpots and repeatedly getting turn-over by Dettori and others.

I hope he did not back Stradivarius in the Prix Foy (inadequate distance) in France and Long Distance (very soft) at Ascot. Otherwise a fool and his money are soon parted is proven beyond doubt.s
Report FELTFAIR October 24, 2020 9:51 PM BST
The serial Ryan Moore cyber bully impossible123 is at it again, unbelievable. Joined the forum in 2015 and has incessantly and exclusively criticised just one jockey. I accept that forumites will criticise jockeys but to do it over and over and over again it is clearly bullying.stupid and beyond ignorance.

I will continue to call him out at a time when mental health is so important.
Report FELTFAIR October 24, 2020 9:52 PM BST
And by the way the top jockey at Ascot this year was Ryan Moore.
Report FELTFAIR October 24, 2020 11:12 PM BST
For his ride on Circus Maximus.
Report penzance October 25, 2020 2:28 PM GMT
Moore has been top jockey @R.Ascot agood few times.
I'm sure also rode 8 or 9 winners one year.
Report A_T October 25, 2020 2:50 PM GMT
He shouldn't be worried about what's posted on here - especially from some posters
Report Figgis October 25, 2020 4:59 PM GMT
"Like being savaged by a dead sheep", as Denis Healey once said about The Mogadon Man.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com