Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
16 Jul 20 06:27
| Topic/replies: 15,655 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
i never thought after near 50 years id say this for a group1  let alone a classic, I DONT CARE  about this race, 8 out of the 12 obriensCryCryCry.
Pause Switch to Standard View the irish oaks , who cares anymore
Show More
Report impossible123 July 16, 2020 6:30 PM BST
The original fav Love (2/5) was taken out at the 1st stage, so did the next fav Fancy Blue (7/4) of Donnacha a few days later. Then AOB's principal charge Peaceful (3/1/went to France for a bigger pot) also taken out today - both shared the same owner.

Now, left with one that was annihilated by Love at Epsom, and another thrashed by Magical despite receiving 12lbs - both jfav at 2/1. What a load of thrash competing in a Gp 1?
Report A_T July 16, 2020 6:54 PM BST
I suppose the issue is if the o'brien family didn't enter 2/3 of the field in these Irish G1s how many runners would these races have. does the presence of so many o'briens' scare the others off or if they only ran 2 would we be looking at half a dozen runners every time?
Report jumper3 July 17, 2020 12:15 PM BST
More so this year, with little UK runners crossing the Irish sea. You'd normally now get 1 or 2.

Ger Lyons, now expected to have one, if not 2, he has 2 this time, and Jessie Harrington, one from Welds or Prendergast or Bolger perhaps - but the latter 3 have none entered. After that list, unless an Irish based trainer has somehow arrived with a potential superstar, or just something as a 2 year old they feel is so far ahead of the norm they have to work with, then the quality of horse tends not exactly fall of a cliff, but is not up to Group 1 standard.

While I'd admire the Coolmore set up, this isn't good for the game long term. Punters and then advertisers will begin to lose interest, despite the media bigging up these races.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com