Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
nocturnal
27 Jun 20 00:53
| Topic/replies: 2,918 | Blogger: nocturnal's blog
Just the 4 runnings of this since the switch to the AW track.

This years renewal has the look of a proper handicap,24lb between top and bottom.

Island Brave and Cosmelli were my initial thoughts at entry stage.

The former is a nonner,the latter looks very dangerous off his current mark.

Cosmelli somehow gets to run off 83,inc the claim,some 13lb lower than last year,where he finnished a fine 5th.

Winner of the consolation race 2018,this track seems to bring out the best of him,two prep runs more than adequate,this looks to have been the plan for him again this season,big chance if things go his way under this 5lb claimer.

Not too difficult to make a case for plenty,however,keep coming back to the same horse.

RAJINSKY .......4 yr old from the Dascombe yard.

Just the 9 career starts,everything about this horse suggests he wants a trip,apart from his pedigree.

Gelded in july of last year,he has been given plenty of time,no doubt with an eye to the future.

Stepped up just the once,over 1m 6f at wolverhampton,a track that arguably would not play to his strengths,he showed a real willing attitude,getting the better of a decent yardstick,doing his best work the further they went.

His comeback 15 days ago again was eyecatching.Not given too hard a race,he was doing all his best work at the end of the inadequate 1m 4f trip at newbury,hinting there might be more to come.

Trainer has a decent AW strike rate with his 4 yr olds,the stable have been among the winners 2020,both trainer and jockey are on the plus side at this track.

He is very much at the beginning of his staying career,and he still has to prove he truly wants tomorrows trip,at the overnight prices I think he,s worth the risk,looks to have a bright future on recent evidence.

Too many dangers to mention,Financial Conduct is another that interests me long term,desperately unlucky on his comeback,if that has not left a mark,he,s also dropped to a reasonable mark.

Tough race ..... feel free to add a few to the mix.
Pause Switch to Standard View Northumberland Plate 2020
Show More
Report SOULDANCER June 27, 2020 6:17 AM BST
That's the two I bet, both e.w.
   Great post, well I would say that. You've covered just about everything.
Could add Cosmelli seems a bit quirky, so hope everything drops right.
Might throw a bit away on reverse forecast.

Good luck Noc.
Report FELTFAIR June 27, 2020 1:45 PM BST
Will back Rajinsky each way (six places) and Magic Circle place only (six places).
Report FELTFAIR June 27, 2020 1:45 PM BST
Will back Rajinsky each way (six places) and Magic Circle place only (six places).
Report nocturnal June 28, 2020 10:21 AM BST
Well done Souldancer with the place money on the 4th.

You summed up Cosmelli perfectly,talented but quirky.Always leaves a little doubt when they finnish like he did,staying on really well as the race was effectively over.He will win more races off his present mark.

Rajinsky never landed a blow,travelled ok but ultimately not good enough on that showing.The time was similar to the last few runnings,so they appeared to go a decent enough gallop.Plenty to like about him prior to the race,that view this end has not changed,not giving up on him just yet.

Plenty of top class trainers sending really good horses here,the track obviously appeals,certainly the straight course is unique compared to the other AW tracks.Something I have not really noticed before,certainly some of the ascot results suggests the form here bears close inspection long term.

Well done anyone coming out on top.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com