Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MANUELPADILLAJNR
24 Feb 20 09:37
| Topic/replies: 245 | Blogger: MANUELPADILLAJNR's blog
Is it just me or is there an element of job horse about Presenting Percy in this years gold cup. If you take a look at his last four runs then you think to yourself whats this thing doing at 12-1 or less for the top race in the country, however when you think that he finished lame in last years gold cup, saddle slipped also, then its reasonable to expect it may take time to recover its full fitness and form. With that in mind the runs this year can be considered stepping stones to full fitness with full fitness likely to be in the gold cup.

Lets not forget the eye catching performance in his RSA and that kind of run would make him a big danger to all, why is he the price he is on what he has done this year, maybe lots of people including the bookmakers are expecting the real Presenting Percy to turn up in the gold cup.

There is not much value left in the race and if your on at big prices good luck, however at current odds even the 12-1 could look good if he is back to his best.
Pause Switch to Standard View PRESENTING PERCY GOLD CUP
Show More
Report impossible123 February 27, 2020 4:00 PM GMT
A non-entity. He's fully exposed, and with more depth in this year's renewal eg Santini, Delta Work, Lostintranslation, and not forgetting Al Boum Photo.

If 3rd in the Irish Gold Cup the best he'd achieve only divine intervention could make him the victor in this race.
Report unclepuncle February 28, 2020 3:02 PM GMT
A non-entity who would have beaten Al Boum Photo a distance in the RSA if that horse hadn’t been so legless he fell 2 out.
I wonder what you would have said a year ago if someone had suggested Al Boum Photo might win the Gold Cup.Laugh

Also lets not all forget how Found had no chance in the Arc, so much so you said you would **** off forever if she did.Angry
Report GI MAC February 28, 2020 7:12 PM GMT
It's not unreasonable to think the horse is being trained steadily to peak for the GC given the injury at the end of last season. It would have been preferable to have seen a bit more from his performances but he's not easy to rule out completely given his festival form.

I do think his chances will improve if it is soft or heavy, I think he is better on this type of ground and he'll handle it better than others in the race.
Report irishone March 1, 2020 10:23 PM GMT
I live close to the stable and the nearest town Athenry County Gak
Report irishone March 1, 2020 10:44 PM GMT
County Galway sorry. As such I find out many things and have ignored much of the local hype because people do get carried away. You may not be aware of what actually happened last year, but percy never turned up !

Hes been targetted at the race this year.
Report Hibore March 3, 2020 2:14 PM GMT
Irish, have you Davy seen talking about Percy on Youtube #Racehour. Didn't pick up like we hoped....He stayed on one pace.....The only hope is that he improves for the Cotswold air.

Didn't seem that hopeful ?
Report impossible123 July 27, 2020 5:52 PM BST
He's been sent to G Elliot. It's about time, but maybe too late for a rejuvenation despite the cloak and dagger concerning his well-being and running plan by his previous trainer.
Report penzance July 27, 2020 7:13 PM BST
looks like the owners moved all
his horses.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com