Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Hibore
23 Dec 19 21:10
| Topic/replies: 2,741 | Blogger: Hibore's blog
Perhaps not a vintage renewal but perhaps a there are some potential bets.

Fusilli Raffles - very well thought of but struggled somewhat against grand Sancy getting 3lbs at Wincanton. Needs to improve on that effort to justify short price.

Verdana Blue - Would be big player on good ground. Can’t have her today.

Getaway Trump - sound chance but don’t like horses switching between chasing and hurdles.

Silver Streak - not good enough,wrong track and not soft enough unless it rains for 48 hours.

Ch’tibello - should be spot on after Cheltenham and ground, track no problem. Big chance at double figure odds.

Ballyandy - will find things happening too quick around here.

Quick Grabim and Big Blue - should stay at home

Elixir De Nutz - should get an easy lead and will come on for first run. Don’t ignore.

Epatante - My idea of the winner and each way steal at 6/1. Suited by ground and has impressive turn of foot. Gets 7lbs off the colts which could be decisive. Also backing her at 25/1 for Champion as that will next stop if she wins.

Any thoughts ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Christmas Hurdle - Kempton 2.30pm
Show More
Report FOYLESWAR December 23, 2019 10:24 PM GMT
is she a def runnershere hibore i am very interested in her for the champ
Report muse December 23, 2019 10:26 PM GMT
I agree about Chtibello.

How Fusil Raffles is shorter than Epatante is beyond me.
Report Hibore December 23, 2019 10:32 PM GMT
Yes, she’s running here. Henderson will at least know where he stands with his horses regarding the Champion.
Report FOYLESWAR December 23, 2019 10:35 PM GMT
epatante rated 150 and needs to find a fair bit but whos to say she wont ,its an open race and she is improving and hosed up last time a dark un and a price .
Report muse December 23, 2019 10:42 PM GMT
I rate her by far the likeliest winner, Foyles.
Report FOYLESWAR December 23, 2019 10:54 PM GMT
yes muse very impressive in that newbury handicap" led on bit quickened clear "
Report Hibore December 23, 2019 10:59 PM GMT
Cut into 5/1 in last 20 mins. Someone must have had £20 ew somewhere
Report Hibore December 26, 2019 2:15 PM GMT
Well we got the price. Fingers crossed.
Report FOYLESWAR December 26, 2019 2:35 PM GMT
well done hibore
Report FOYLESWAR December 26, 2019 2:36 PM GMT
did it very well and a serious contender for the champ
Report Hibore December 26, 2019 2:43 PM GMT
Now that was impressive. 25/1 Champion looks a good bet as well now.
Report Hibore December 26, 2019 4:12 PM GMT
6/1 Ladcrookes is still a bit of ew value. 3/1 356 is not.
Report impossible123 December 26, 2019 5:04 PM GMT
Apparently Hendo was oozing delight (maybe confidence even on this ground) about the form of Epatante at home just recently (her price crashed today) despite the trainer had advised Fusil Raffles had come on since his last race earlier in the week.

Epatante won easily today however, I'm not convinced by the form given the placed horses, and the below par runs of the fancied horses who either probably did not perform on the atrocious ground eg Verdana Blue (firm ground) or ran too keenly eg Fusil Raffles. Nevertheless, still a good performance by Epatante.
Report Hibore December 26, 2019 5:23 PM GMT
The placed horses actually give you a better insight into the form lines in the big races in the UK so far. Ballyandy went close against Call me Lord and also Pentland Hills will need to improve massively from his first race. Silver Streak ran well behind BD as well.
Epatante won that today with a stone in hand maybe more. If that had been BD winning like that rather than the filly he’d be evens or odds on for March.
Report gpz6316 December 26, 2019 5:28 PM GMT
well done to you hibore , you analysed the form and came to a confident conclusion  and you were right ! as was i , but , i just followed the money . congratulations
Report impossible123 December 26, 2019 5:41 PM GMT
BD had a splinter embedded in his right front foot at the 2nd last; Pentland Hills ran too keen, and more likely to improve and less gassy next time - his juvenile form was decent too.

Maybe the Irish will win again esp if Klassical Dream improves and Saldier back sound after the latest setback. I cannot see Epatante winning the Champion Hurdle beating the placed (Listed at best) horses, and on this ground. If the ground is good or better on Champion Hurdle day I'll plumb for Verdana Blue (beat BD on good ground) and Pentland Hill if Klassical Dream does not show the potential of last season.

Good luck with anyone holding big prices for Epatante.
Report unclepuncle December 26, 2019 6:00 PM GMT
Outstanding analysis hibore - enjoy your winnings.Cool
Report FOYLESWAR December 26, 2019 6:15 PM GMT
by far the most impressive trial ,flop at the festival  last season reportedly down to flu jabs, prob lack of exp also contributed ,will be rated 7-10 pound higher around 160, factor in improvement and shes a worthy favfor the big un
Report muse December 26, 2019 9:34 PM GMT
Very well done.  That was awesome to watch. Definitely a good Champion Hurdle contender. 

That opening book the other night was even madder than I thought it was.

Not sure Verdana will neccessarily go there impossible123: they are trying to win a valuable flat handicap in Riyadh(!) with it in February; it is likely also that even in good weather they will make sure there is some cut in the ground on the first day of the festival.

If you didn't think that was the performance of a serious CH contender today, I can only suggest you come back to the race fresh after a week or so and consider it again.

Well done to hibore et al and Merry Christmas!  Epatante and Notebook added up to a good day today, despite being VERY wrong about Cyrname - and impossible123 I hope you had a right lump on Clan Des, commensurate with your bullish pre race confidence!
Report impossible123 December 27, 2019 5:00 PM GMT
For some reason I'm not convinced despite her emphatic win yesterday; she'd win the Champion Hurdle just like that "handicapper" of Martin Pipe whose name I cannot remember. At the moment I'd still have Pentland Hills before her, and probably the two Irish protagonists - just my opinion, may I add.
Report Hibore December 27, 2019 5:38 PM GMT
Imp, what reminds you of Make a Stand in Epatante’s win ? One won the Betfair hurdle and she just won a Grade 1 Christmas hurdle on the bit ?
Report impossible123 December 27, 2019 8:02 PM GMT
If memory serves I thought Make A Stand (thanks for naming the blighter) would not win the Champion Hurdle after winning a valuable handicap, but he did. I hope Epatante - she too won a handicap prior to her Gd 1 triumph on Boxing Day - could do the same for her backers.

And, that was over 2 decades ago. Could lightning (horse racing) strike twice over this period ie I make the same error?
Report Hibore December 29, 2019 3:22 PM GMT
3/1 Fav now
Report FOYLESWAR March 10, 2020 3:44 PM GMT
boooooooooooooom and very well done op ,was on at 20s and smaller 25s
Report Hibore March 31, 2020 8:58 PM BST
Thanks Foyle. Great when these things come off.
Report FOYLESWAR April 1, 2020 9:08 AM BST
yes very well done ,as you say great when it comes off and at the big prices you are way in front .
Report Bentring January 3, 2021 5:37 PM GMT
Very good
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com