Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FOYLESWAR
18 Mar 19 22:18
| Topic/replies: 21,600 | Blogger: FOYLESWAR's blog
brief write up.....too darn hot is  the warm fav around evens on here and is being touted as the second coming by the media hype machine ,he may well hack up in the guineas but i would rather look elsewhere , magna grecia has decent form although  rated about 13 pounds inferior to too darn hot should improve .  not beaten far by  andre fabres persian king he still looked a bit green when beaten by that rival wouldnt be a big surprise  if he reversed the form . needs to find a fair bit but may well do have also had a saver on persian king at around 14s and 16s on here .no harm in having a few strings to your bow .
selections .. 2,000 GNS .MAGNA GRECIA WIN 16S BOOKS 25 ON HERE . AND PERSIAN KING  12S SHOPS 16B OR BETTER ON HERE .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 132
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Mar 19 08:29
both persian king and magna grecia showed good battling attitudes in the final stages when 1st and 2nd over the guineas trip at newmarket ,havent heard much yet as  about magna grecia from the o,brien camp but fabre said to be excited by persian king . as said above too darn hot has been impressive and shown a smart turn of foot in his races accelerating past his rivals but how will he react if  something puts up a fight .we shall see .  the front 3 got a break on the field a few furlongs out at donny magna grecia showed a decent turn of foot and battling qualitys to get on terms and see it out when challenged .
By:
impossible123
When: 19 Mar 19 19:15
Persian King is only 2nd or 3rd choice for this - the priority is the French version. And with Quorto out for early part of the season Too Darn Hot could be a very warm order on the day, all things being equal; Calyx could go sprinting similarly, Ten Sovereigns; Anthony Van Dyck is more of a middle distance performer.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Mar 19 19:18
imp where did ya hear that persian kings priority is the french guineas ? weak as pish on here now !
By:
blackbarn
When: 19 Mar 19 19:34
RPR News today

King's 2,000 Guineas bid - Trainer Andre Fabre is minded to stay in France with Persian King this spring unless the 2,000 Guineas cuts up.
Martin Lynch
1 of 1 By Scott Burton UPDATED 4:23PM, MAR 19 2019

Potential opposition to favourite Too Darn Hot for the Qipco 2,000 Guineas continues to melt away with Andre Fabre warning that Persian King is more likely to stay in France during the early part of the season. Persian King had shortened for the Classic on May 4 in recent days off the back of news that his part-owner Godolphin would be without Quorto for the race after the National Stakes winner suffered a training setback in Dubai. But, while he is no bigger than 12-1 for Newmarket, Persian King is set to swerve the traditional French prep that is the Group 3 Prix Djebel at Maisons-Laffitte on April 10.

Fabre described the 2,000 Guineas as "second or third choice" for the imposing son of Kingman, who won the Group 3 Autumn Stakes over the Classic's course and distance last October. "Persian King has done well and I’m happy with him," said Fabre on Tuesday morning. "He is a big, nice horse and he's been free of any problems.

"The Prix Djebel is the one race he is sure not to run in. The English Guineas is a second or third choice for him, just in case the race cuts up and the good horses don't make it. But he is more likely to run at Longchamp and he will even be entered in the Prix La Force just in case." Traditionally more of a pointer to the Qipco Prix du Jockey Club, the Prix La Force is run over 1m1f during Longchamp's opening card of the year on April 7, though a more conventional prep run ahead of the Emirates Poule d’Essai des Poulains (French 2,000 Guineas) would be the Prix de Fontainebleau a week later. Fabre's most recent Fontainebleau winner, Territories, was subsequently rerouted to Newmarket, where he finished second to Gleneagles in the 2,000 Guineas of 2015.

But it seems it would take either a big performance from Persian King in whichever trial he contests, or else a dramatic change at the head of the Guineas market, before France's highest-rated juvenile from 2018 is sent across the English Channel.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Mar 19 19:52
no matter he was my second choice anyway and have done some dough but thats the way it goes, shappens !  really sweet on magna ,just need him to line up .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Mar 19 19:52
thanks for that blackbarn .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 19 Mar 19 21:36
both too darn hot and magna grecia seem to hit flat spots in their  races  which will make it very  very interesting if these 2 meet in the guineas,too darn hot more a middle distance type on breeding whereas magna grecia has the profile of a miler . obviously  both look way above average on what we have seen so far .cant remember ever a  race where 2 top class horses who  tended  to hit flat spots  lined up against each other ,will make for a fascinating and exciting clash .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Mar 19 08:25
opinions on the race or thoughts  anyone ?
By:
Deepdale Dreamer
When: 20 Mar 19 08:31
Magna Grecia is the ante post pick for Pricewise
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Mar 19 08:36
thanks deep dale when did he put it up?
By:
Howellsy
When: 20 Mar 19 16:47
I just can't see any serious opposition to TDH at this stage due to his tough Dewhurst experience. I fancied Quorto and the race has lost some lustre without him. Magna Grecia is a very interesting colt but I'd always have a 7f juvenile over an 8f one for the Guineas.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 20 Mar 19 17:46
yes howellsy tdh is well clear on official ratings and probably has a lot more to offer and the hype machine will go into overdrive with the unbeaten profile, frankie on board etc , so he isnt going to be any price magna grecia packed his  3 runs in the space of  a month and aob said after his donny win he will be a better horse next year ,gosden is happy with tdh,s progress . ,magana grecia very  nearly turned over fabres one on his 2nd start making a huge step up in class . both have untapped potential ........the crux for me is one is around evens and the other is a double figg price .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 04 Apr 19 12:34
been money for godolphins zakouski into 2nd fav on here .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 13 Apr 19 06:52
a lot of activity in the market in the last week , with too darn hot missing the greenham a good bit of support for zakouski and also ten sovs who came into as low as 5/1 on here that support has easded somewhat and he is now around 9s here and magna grecia has been supported into 2nd fav around 8s ish on here .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 13 Apr 19 06:54
too darn hot out to 2/1 from 6/5  ish on here , ^^
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Apr 19 20:48
I think Zakouski (Z) is very short for what he's done ie beating Headman (beaten yesterday) on the All-Weather receiving 7lbs; Magna Grecia (MG) is shorter than Ten Sovereigns (TS). But, Persian King (PK) beat Magna Grecia (MG) in the Autumn Stakes. If Too Darn Hot (TDH) is absent PK will definitely come into the reckoning.

Also, I think the price of Advertise is too big considering he finished behind TDH in the Dewhurst but infront of Anthony Van Dyck (beaten by long time 2nd fav Quorto in the Vincent O'Brien).
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 14 Apr 19 15:16
magna grecia into 13/2 on here . imp123 yes persian king did beat magna grecia but magna grecia was taking a step up in class against a more exp rival and only just got run out of it close home . from aiden o briens comments earlier you would have thought ten sovs was their main hope but seems money is coming for magna grecia ,might just be the markets adjusting but could be significant .anyway the race has taken a different complection with too darn hots slight setback .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 14 Apr 19 15:18
persian king shortning ,fabre thinking again ?
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 14 Apr 19 15:34
just seen persian king won today beat epic hero 5 lths , fook knows how i missed that ! anyway decent form and all to play for !
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 14 Apr 19 15:36
sorry longchampe^^^^
By:
impossible123
When: 14 Apr 19 16:30
I think Persian King (PK) will be this way bound if TDH is doubtful, and Zakouski (principal one) and/or Royal Marine (RM) - both Sheikh Mo's - bomb out in the Craven on wednesday. Otherwise the French equivalent is a near certainty for PK where he'll have a good chance of victory.

I think this year's Craven is the weakest looking affair for a long while with Sheikh Mo's two charges heading the market; Zakouski is shockingly short for a horse with just a win on the All-Weather in receipt of 7lbs; Royal Marine managed to beat Broome over an inadequate 1m for the latter.

Without TDH I'll plump for PK and Magna Grecia despite holding a voucher for Ten Sovereigns at 25/1.
By:
blackbarn
When: 14 Apr 19 20:45
Impossible - "despite holding a voucher for Ten Sovereigns at 25/1"   Is this the first time you have posted this fact on here?.
By:
impossible123
When: 14 Apr 19 21:34
^^
Probably not. I've just checked the bet was placed on 28th Aug with 'billies' along with Pretty Pollyanna (10/1). But, I believe he drifted out to longer than that soon after winning a Gp 3. I'd have cashout if I could after winning a Gp 1 beating Jash.
By:
blackbarn
When: 14 Apr 19 21:47
Thanks.  When then?   I am very surprised that given all your posts, on various threads, on this race, that only today would you reveal this bet.
By:
impossible123
When: 15 Apr 19 08:21
I do not post my antepost bets on relevant threads as I'd be accused of promoting my bets and/or turning the threads into a betting one. I do not do screenshot, and neither do I care who believes it or not; it's my money,...it's my bet,...it's my laptop, so...I can do as I wish - do not mean to be disrespectful or arrogant,...just no time for after-timer police here - they probably barely have a life.

But, with me always remember this: If one lies one would need to tell another lie to cover the original lie ie lie upon lie to the extent one loses track of what one's lies. That's the motto my dad instils in me when I was growing up, and I've adopted it in life and in work ever since - it's a no brainer!.

For your info I also had a 40/1 on Persian King (I firmly believe) with '365' sometime post his win in England after his trainer's non-too-committal comments about 2000G, but I'd cashed-out since. Now, only on 32 here for a pittance immediately post the present predicament of TDH (4/1) was known.

I believe posting on forums like this one about horse racing and/or punting is merely an exchange of info and/or opinions, and a past=time, and must not be taken as gospel - I do not even take seriously what professional pundits/journos opine/write. Similarly, the integrity of posters here who I'd only take as he/she comes ie using my life nous and wisdom; this is only a past-time, and ought to be considered as such - nothing more.
By:
FELTFAIR
When: 15 Apr 19 09:22
Bungle has got the game by the balls.
By:
Saritamer
When: 15 Apr 19 17:48
Thought Persian King was hugely impressive in the Autumn Stakes and would be confident of it confirming the form over Magna Grecia, especially after showing it's wellbeing yesterday at Longchamp with a pretty impressive display.

Always interesting when Fabre sends a 2-y-o to Newmarket as I'm sure it's more often than not to have a "sighter" just to see how it acts on the track with a return trip for the Guineas as a 3-y-o a possibility.

While not suggesting PK is another Pennekamp I'm confident it would be a major player if turning up on the first Saturday in May whether or not TDH is in opposition.
By:
impossible123
When: 15 Apr 19 18:04
Personally, the top 4 for me are TDH, Persian King/Magna Grecia, Advertise and Ten Sovereigns (if he stays) in that order, all with credible/proven 2 yr old form. Zakouski has a lot to find to be near any of them; a probable lay for me on wednesday.
By:
Saritamer
When: 15 Apr 19 18:33
Couldn't give any strong reasons why any of the above 4 cannot win. Agree re Zakouskie, time and time again these once raced winners from big stables get over bet when raised in class, think only the really special ones tend to be able to win, Zakouskie may turn out to be one of them but no way would bet it at that price to find out.

Think Skardu is just as interesting, beat 2 fancied Godolphin runners when winning maiden at Newmarket at 33/1 which maybe suggests a fluke result. I'm Probably reading too much into it but think it is really interesting that William Haggas is prepared to pitch it straight in here on it's 3-y-o debut.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 15 Apr 19 19:46
can see your point saritamer but my take on it was that the exp  persian king had was key and there was little in it in the end  and anyone of the 2 could come out on top next time they met. anyway both bases covered having backed both. wish i had topped up on persian king when he went out to crazy prices hope you got somer . .
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 15 Apr 19 19:47
will have a look at persian kings win when i get time ^^^^^^
By:
Charlton2005
When: 15 Apr 19 22:05
impossible123
13 Apr 19 21:48
Joined: 07 Sep 15 | Topic/replies: 10,362 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
I think Zakouski (Z) is very short for what he's done ie beating Headman (beaten yesterday) on the All-Weather receiving 7lbs; Magna Grecia (MG) is shorter than Ten Sovereigns (TS). But, Persian King (PK) beat Magna Grecia (MG) in the Autumn Stakes. If Too Darn Hot (TDH) is absent PK will definitely come into the reckoning.

Also, I think the price of Advertise is too big considering he finished behind TDH in the Dewhurst but infront of Anthony Van Dyck (beaten by long time 2nd fav Quorto in the Vincent O'Brien).

the forum mug trying to write in some kind of academic style

You reference Zakouski as "Z" and then fail to use "Z" anywhere in the rest of the text.
You reference Magna Grecia as "MG" and then 10 words later, instead of using "MG" to refer back to the horse, you use the name in full and reference again as "MG".

As Shakespeare (S) taught us "empty barrels make the most noise" (EBMTMN), and you really have f@ck all (FA) to say, despite appearances.
By:
johnslad
When: 16 Apr 19 09:12
Impossible you write it's a pastime yet in next post your gonna lay (z) probably,you also say you don't take seriously what scribes say or write yet every time there's a report regarding a top race your on here relaying it.so is this just for the benefit of the forum reader's if so thanks for posting the information.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 16 Apr 19 15:06
he's the ultimate, talking/writing for its own sake moron, john
By:
impossible123
When: 17 Apr 19 19:34
'Saritamer', good call on Skardu. He's about 10 but was short as 7 so after his win.

With TDH not a certain runner, and Persian King almost a cert to be running here would AOB be tempted to split Magna Grecia and Ten Sovereigns and aim one at the French equivalent? Ten Sovereigns has firmed into 8, but Magna Grecia is on the drift from 7 to 11 (matched).

I thought Gosden has already indicated Calyx would be dropped in trip for his 1st race back from injury, and could run in the Pavalion Stakes over 6f at Ascot yet there are takers at 22 earlier, and £20 at 50 at present - he was 70 just yesterday; Royal Marine is still being aimed for the 2000G, and will be wearing a hood, according to Bin Suroor.

Advertise has been backed; Zakouski was out-of-his-depth today, and any price you like.
By:
FOYLESWAR
When: 18 Apr 19 07:07
thought i had done my dough on persian king but must be a fair chance he will turn up in the  2.000 gns .
By:
impossible123
When: 18 Apr 19 07:39
^^
That's how the cookies crumble sometimes eg I thought Harzand was a goner in the Derby. PK is 5/1 (best), but no doubt will be shorter if TDH is scratched.

I understand Royal Marine did not get a clear passage home, and Skardu improved again nevertheless, I still believe PK and Magna Grecia represent the best form after TDH. This game is so unpredictable: TDH, Quorto and Anthony Van Dyck (AVK) - highest rate 2 yr old - yet none would be on show next month. How ironic!
By:
impossible123
When: 18 Apr 19 13:42
Magna Grecia is still drifting similarly, TDH - both on 8 here.
By:
impossible123
When: 18 Apr 19 16:15
MG could be a goner - he's matched at 17 here.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com