Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
gpz6316
27 Oct 18 18:36
| Topic/replies: 1,139 | Blogger: gpz6316's blog
enable takes up the market and she will need a good draw and to have improved since the arc as sea of class would have had her in a stride or two,  so shes not as good as last year and i think theirs some value to be had here in the shape of another high class 3yo filly magical  around 8-1 ish . shes been running over 1m ish so has plenty of tactical pace and has proven over her last two runs that stamina is not an issue . she was laid out for the oaks , but , picked up a niggle and comes here in top form , having won on champions day , my niggle is its a little quick 14 days , but , shes fresh,  in top form , thought very highly of and at 8-1 ish is where i wanna be .

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 20
By:
gpz6316
When: 27 Oct 18 19:02
did,nt see the arc thread pick up on magical so apologies to harry and figgis whom were already thinking this race , but , hadnt started a thread for it
By:
impossible123
When: 27 Oct 18 19:15
I believe Magical would have won the Epsom Oaks had she not been injured; she beat Coroner and Lah Ti Dar on merit in the Yorkshire Oaks. He'd give here Enable a run for her money, but receiving only 4lbs may not be sufficient as I expect Enable to improve from her Arc victory.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 28 Oct 18 11:48
Enable clearly wasn't at her best in winner her 2nd Arc.
The "stats" on Arc winners going to the BC is woeful, none have won!!!
But having only raced twice this season due to a setback, she could well brake the mould & do the biz.
A spot or 2 of rain would aid her cause, & if she does improve for her Arc win, she could well do, I'd expect her to win.
& I hope she does, she's a bit special in my book.
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 28 Oct 18 11:56
Millerracing67,

I agree, there isn't a 3 old filly to touch a fit Enable in my opinion and it's difficult to see what can beat her next weekend, but i want to see the field, draw and going before i back her.
By:
p_r_e_m_i_e_r__f_a_n_t_a_s_y
When: 28 Oct 18 12:04
I believe Magical would have won the Epsom Oaks had she not been injured; she beat Coroner and Lah Ti Dar on merit in the Yorkshire Oaks.

Fack me Ascot must have moved considerably further North Plain
By:
impossible123
When: 28 Oct 18 13:51
The chance of Golden Horn winning in America after his triumph in The Arc from a car-park draw was scuppered when the heavens opened big time, and who was there to take advantage? Yes, Found the winner of The Arc the following year, the same horse that was comprehensibly beaten by Golden Horn (prior), Highland Reel, Postponed, Almanzor and even Seventh Heaven. All things being equal Enable has an excellent chance but her price is extremely skinny.
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 28 Oct 18 21:19
Use her in your exotics.

Shaping into a very nice race for exactas and trifectas.

Might just keep it simple and double up with Catalina Cruiser in the Dirt Mile.
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 28 Oct 18 21:52
The chance of Golden Horn winning in America after his triumph in The Arc from a car-park draw was scuppered when the heavens opened big time

The Breeders Cup Turf 2015 was run at Keeneland, one of the tightest tracks in the USA where an inside draw is very beneficial. Golden Horn was drawn 1 (not in the car park) the best possible draw.

He broke well, raced up with the pace behind a run-away leader, led off the last bend and was beaten 0.5L by Found (and the filly allowance) close home. The ground was good.
By:
Figgis
When: 28 Oct 18 22:45
Most Arc winners who end up going for this have had the edge taken off them when winning in France. However those who believe Enable is as good as ever must fancy her very strongly here. If she was only unimpressive in the Arc due to a lack of fitness then that race surely would've brought her to a peak for this?
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 29 Oct 18 22:59
Enable draw in 2, a good draw around Churchill Downs.
By:
gpz6316
When: 29 Oct 18 23:11
what draw did magical get andrew ?
By:
harry callaghan
When: 30 Oct 18 00:34
stall 5
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 30 Oct 18 00:53
Heavy rain forecast for Wednesday and Thursday.

Roaring Lion could miss the Classic because of it and I’m not sure Aidan will be too keen on Mendeldog either.

Just something to be careful about...hopefully by race time everything has dried out a bit.
By:
RozelKid
When: 30 Oct 18 04:18
Churchill’s dirt Track is notorious for draining very quick - Back on derby day 2004 the track started sloppy , then got fast , then it rained turning it back to sloppy, then within 2 hours it was fast again -  it then started raining up to the Derby and ended up sloppy - All in the matter of 8 hours from day break.

The turf at Churchill drains quick also ....But you don’t want to run on inside as the course drains towards the inner hedge -  so the inside could be heavy and the outside could be soft... if you catch my drift.
By:
RozelKid
When: 30 Oct 18 04:27
The dirt track official going actually went from sloppy, fast, sloppy in the space of 4 hours. Shocked
By:
happysandwich
When: 30 Oct 18 10:07
What UK day & time is the Breeders Cup Turf off ?

Also why is it Suspended on the anti-post market ?
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 30 Oct 18 14:06
Happysandwich,

Friday 2nd - first race 19.21

Saturday 3rd - first race 16.00

Breeders Cup turf (Enable) is Saturday 3rd - 20.56

Ante-post market closed for declaration stage
By:
happysandwich
When: 30 Oct 18 14:34
Andrew,

Lucky I asked as I thought it was about 3.00am Sunday morning. It's 4.56pm local time.

I'm at a friends 90th birthday dinner Saturday from 7.00pm (no, not the girlfriend Laugh) so will back Enable before we go out.

Thanks for the heads up.
By:
gpz6316
When: 03 Nov 18 20:58
according to matt chapman quotes on atr site gosden thinks he now has enable fully fit for this race . that being the case its game over for the pretenders . i will stick with my view that she isnt as good and if she is well fair play to a wonderful filly best of luck .
By:
gpz6316
When: 03 Nov 18 22:05
congrats to enable a true champion
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel