Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mystic Wind
07 Oct 18 19:29
| Topic/replies: 412 | Blogger: Mystic Wind's blog
A great race that has been won by some great fillies in the past (Oh So Sharp, Diminuendo, Bosra Sham etc).

Pretty Pollyanna would have a good chance if she stays, but I'm not sure she will and APOB is sure to have a hand in the finish but the one that intrigues me is Shambolic. She's done nothing 'on the clock' so far, but she's totally unexposed and having watched her races several times I've convinced myself that there's a lot more to come from this half-sister to the high-class Viva Pataca. I'll take a small chance on her.

0.5pt Shambolic @ 10/1

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 9
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 10 Oct 18 12:45
Shambolic has stood her ground and Frankie's up. I expect him to bounce her out and play 'catch me if you can', not least to expose any stamina doubts in Pretty Pollyanna. Really looking forward to a great weekend's racing.
By:
impossible123
When: 10 Oct 18 17:00
Finally we know what AOB are running, but no Just Wonderful even though AOB alluded this post her Rockfel win. Hermosa for me as Pretty Pollyanna needs to prove she stays this mile trip. The present good ground could change (significantly) come race day.
By:
Figgis
When: 12 Oct 18 15:25
PP is my top rated 2yo filly this year but I thought she might be below par last time beforehand and she was. So she not only needs to bounce back to form she needs to stay this extra 2f. I've no idea if she will and don't fancy backing her to find out. I have Hermosa putting up a much improved (11lbs) effort last time. Form which should be good enough to take a typical renewal if she can repeat it and the price looks fair.
By:
Figgis
When: 12 Oct 18 15:43
Could never have picked the winner.
By:
Mystic Wind
When: 12 Oct 18 15:54
Me neither!

Hermosa ran a good race but seemed to be beaten on merit.

Pretty Pollyanna stayed better than I thought she would, that will give her team encouragement for next May.

Shambolic drifted like a barge, but didn't run a bad race considering it was her first time in group company.

The first 4 were miles clear of the rest.
By:
Figgis
When: 12 Oct 18 16:02
MW, Pretty Pollyanna did okay but I'd still say non stayer. That form is well below her earlier wins for me. Although I suppose there's a possibility she's just not quite as good at the moment whatever the trip. Winner could be an Oaks type if going on from this but the race looks well short of Guineas standard.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 12 Oct 18 16:05
Pretty P looks a 7-furlong filly which is what I thought her pedigree suggested.
By:
impossible123
When: 12 Oct 18 16:31
PP does look like a 7f filly, but ran much better in 3rd than last time; the 2nd ran very well too despite getting no cover unlike the winner Iridessa. Both the winner and 2nd would be better over a longer trip next year.
By:
impossible123
When: 12 Oct 18 16:59
AOB on Hermosa: "She ran a lovely race and we were delighted. We'll trained her for the Classics. I think she's versatile enough. That was good to firm today and I'd say she'd handle soft ground."
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com