Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Andrew in Sweden
26 Sep 18 20:16
| Topic/replies: 12,301 | Blogger: Andrew in Sweden's blog
I don't think i've ever started a thread over here, but this post will be very short.

Ten Sovereigns, the best 2 year old sprinter seen this year in my opinion and could be decent. I've been a big fan ever since his debut and have posted postive comments about him on here.

Commonwealth Cup winner 2019 Grin

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 8
By:
roadrunner46
When: 28 Sep 18 13:24
no financial interest in the race, emaraaty ana will be watching that one closely, hasnt got a sprinters
pedigree and so looks to be at a disadvantage.
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 28 Sep 18 15:18
Ten Sovereigns is bred for speed from the sire and sire/dam. The dam won over 10f so there's a little stamina there.

I can't see him going for the 2000 guineas although AOB is on record stating he thinks 8f may be possible. They could find out in the Dewhurst in a couple of weeks.

I really rate Ten Sovereigns and the Middle Park is tailor made for him. I've backed him ante-post and will be at Newmarket tomorrow to watch/back him. Of course i could have got it wrong and end up with egg on my face, but i doubt it.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 28 Sep 18 16:48
Didn’t I read that  you rate Jash very highly too Andrew?
By:
Figgis
When: 28 Sep 18 18:13
Looks a race without much depth. One with the best form is Sergei Prokofiev but after being very well backed for the Coventry into 3/1 he oddly drifted markedly last time. As is often the case with the yard an unexpected weakness in the market resulted in a poor performance on the track. You have to wonder if the Coventry finished him off and that must've shown at home. Could bounce back to form I suppose but the display last time looked worrying.

Jash still hasn't been fully exposed so can't be ruled out but still has more to prove. I don't know if Ten Sovereigns is a Gp1 horse but last time he put up a proper Gp2 performance in a Gp3 race and that will probably be more than good enough here. The rest have been contesting weak Group races in my view.
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Sep 18 18:45
the favourite will probably win but is very short. I don't back 4/6 shots, ever. I've taken a chance with jash, who will probably be gash Cool
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 28 Sep 18 18:46
think the paul cole horse is too big in the royal lodge. have also backed fox tal, at a big price Wink
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 28 Sep 18 20:27
Uncle,

Yes impressed with Jash first time out and actually made comments on my lay thread at the time, but not with the same positivity i did for TS.

They actually made their respective deubts on the same day.
By:
Andrew in Sweden
When: 30 Sep 18 09:32
Hi Guys,

As i started the thread, i thought i would add comments post-race (copied from my lay thread).

A good afternoon at Newmarket yesterday meeting Ghost (another Andrew) and Flash Bookie (Ed Thompson) who was good as his word giving me a marked up price on Ten Sovereigns to a good few bob as he stated earlier on the thread.

A colleague/punter of Ed mentioned there was a good word for Jash around Newmarket.

We left after the Cambridgeshire so only watched 4 races.

On to the Middle Park itself, i honestly thought pre-race he would win with a little daylight to whoever finished runner-up so i was a little underwhelmed when they went past the post, but on reflection and looking at the video replay several times i now feel he ran very well and Jash could be decent.

Once TS went to the front i was confident of winning, he stays on very strongly and the front two pulled clear of the rest. Take Jash out of the field and TS has won a Group 1 6f sprint by 4L. The time was very good (not far outside the 2 year old record ?) and he's unbeaten in 3 races with very decent times and sectionals. He was a little green in the final furlong but the race will have taught him a lot. He ran away from rivals in previous races but had to work yesterday and did it well.

I personally feel he's far superior to Jash than the 1.25 lb yesterdays result would indicate. He's fast and almost certainly better than Caravaggio.

I think he will stay 7f and if he had won effortlessly yesterday may have been considered for the Dewhurst in two weeks time on the same course, but i hope he doesn't go there. Within the past 5 weeks he's had 3 races, 2 of them at Group level and i hope AOB puts him away for next year and takes the sprinting route, i can't see any of the 3 year olds beating him, whoever they may be. The Commonwealth Cup is his for the taking but will AOB be tempted by the 2000 guineas knowing there is stamina on the dam side.

As a No Nay Never colt we also don't know how they train on (first season 2 year olds)

Flash Bookie,

Ed, many thanks for the odds mark up on Ten Sovereigns, a nice gesture and much appreciated.

It was good to meet you and your 'clerk', a couple of nice guys, good to chat with. Apologies i couldn't take up your offer to show me the MO but i left after the Cambridgeshire. Next time i'm over i'll pop over to the rails and say hello.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com