Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
19 Aug 18 09:59
| Topic/replies: 6,442 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Market headed by two O’Brien horses but I’m assuming only one will run

As such I was surprised to see Angels Hideaway as big as 7/1 (Hills) for this - actually with the ‘boost’ feature I got nearly 15/2. Super impressive in the Princess Margaret last time and looks a bombproof e/w bet to me.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 21
By:
unclepuncle
When: 21 Aug 18 14:14
Now a best price of 2/1 - you are all welcome.
By:
Charlton2005
When: 22 Aug 18 21:51
boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
By:
Charlton2005
When: 22 Aug 18 21:52
just getting the keys warmed up for you uncle Grin
By:
Figgis
When: 22 Aug 18 23:38
Well done uncle. Win or lose I think Angels Hideaway should be clear fav ahead of Fairyland, and that's nothing to do with the supposed poor form of the O'Brien yard. I don't think the Albany form is that great but the race has been made to look better by the likes of Pretty Pollyana, Angels Hideaway and even the winner, to a lesser degree, showing improved form since. I reckon AH's form last time was far ahead of what she showed in the Albany. Of course Fairyland, or any of the others, could improve too, but AH has the best form.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Aug 18 08:45
There is obviously little between them and I was amazed AH was so big antepost.
If I were only looking at the race today I would probably leave the front pair alone at 2/1jf and have a little e/w bet on Queen Jo Jo at 16/1.
By:
Figgis
When: 23 Aug 18 09:53
I actually have AH 8lbs (a couple of lengths on my scale) ahead of Fairyland now, even though she was behind her at Ascot. Although after only 3 runs the O'Brien filly may improve again I'd still much rather be a layer of her at this price.
By:
Howellsy
When: 23 Aug 18 10:27
I have Fairyland's 2nd start speed figure the same as AH achieved last time out and would be very keen on Fairyland, who beat AH fair and square at Ascot, were it not for the 9 week break and the possible problems in the yard. AH clearly has a tendency to hang markedly under pressure and this was not exposed in a fairly weak renewal of the PM last time. Those who took 7-1 have no doubt got a great bet but it's a watching brief for me.
By:
Figgis
When: 23 Aug 18 10:37
Howellsy, so you think Fairyland underperformed last time compared to her Curragh win?
By:
Howellsy
When: 23 Aug 18 10:42
Figgis, I certainly couldn't give the Albany much of a figure but I put that down to the race being run at an uneven pace. It was a less impressive speed figure but a much better performance under pressure, staying on at a stiff track.
By:
Figgis
When: 23 Aug 18 10:52
I have her improving 2lbs at Ascot. I see the RP and Raceform speed figures have Fairyland clear on her Curragh win. Where I differ is rightly or wrongly I have more than one allowance for the straight on KG day leading to AH being an improved filly. In my view there is no way all the straight races were run under the exact same conditions that day but we shall see.
By:
Figgis
When: 23 Aug 18 10:59
That said, I'm still not getting how they both have Fairyland running faster at the Curragh than Ascot. The moderate earlier handicap at the Curragh was run faster. Allowing for the weight difference that still puts Fairyland only a few pounds ahead of the winner, and comparing with the later Gp2 race still leaves Fairyland nothing special. That win looks to have been overrated to me.
By:
Figgis
When: 23 Aug 18 11:18
On the perceived problems with the O'Brien yard, I caught a bit of Johnny Murtagh's comments yesterday regarding it being probably more to do with the fact that a lot of the Coolmore runners just aren't that good this season and I agree with that. Saxon Warrior went backwards after the Guineas but so have a few of their other past Guineas winners when the rest of the yard had been going well. The only recent runner of theirs that I would say definitely underperformed unexpectedly was Magic Wand, but something showed up after the race there.
By:
Howellsy
When: 23 Aug 18 11:18
I don't say my speed figures are 100% reliable or anywhere close - but you'd have to say their proximity at R Ascot suggests there's not a lot between them but Fairyland would be my confident pick if both come under pressure at the same time.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Aug 18 14:01
Back down to earth.
Frankie.CryCry
By:
Howellsy
When: 23 Aug 18 14:02
A race that proved very little: AH didn't run her race, and Fairyland, given a very canny ride by Moore, and having the run of it, scraped home.
By:
Figgis
When: 23 Aug 18 14:02
You were spot on Howellsy, well done. Very poor run from Gosden's. Sometimes feels almost impossible to oppose the late Coolmore informed late money.
By:
the bloob
When: 23 Aug 18 14:06
strange ride from Frankie, he was given a couple of chances to take a gap but chose not to. Ryan Moore did everything right there

I don't think it changed the result, AH seemed beat regardless
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Aug 18 14:10
I think having the rail was the difference between AH winning rather than TMB.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Aug 18 14:10
^Fairyland, not AH.
By:
impossible123
When: 23 Aug 18 15:31
I laid the winner,..that's why it won when looking "dead" in the water when the eventual runner-up horse raced alongside to challenge. That's AOB's 2nd win since sunday (I think), and 1st at York. Will Magic Wand run her race - she's her ground - or will she be given a Kew Garden ride by Moore for a race in the near future instead?
By:
unclepuncle
When: 29 Sep 18 12:59
After the complete non event at York I have to give AH another chance given she is 28 on here.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com