Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
16 Aug 18 17:49
| Topic/replies: 6,441 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
A favourite race of mine and I have a very strong fancy for Charlie Hills’ Phoenix Of Spain who is 16/1 on the BF sportbook.

A big scopey grey Lope De Vega colt he ran a lovely race on debut at Sandown when 4th behind Gosdens King Of Comedy (who is my only antepost on next years 2,000 Guineas). Then bolted up in a little race at Wolverhampton. Given his size and scope I think York will really suit him.

No idea if it is an intended runner (Hills has two other bigger priced entries) but I’d have thought it would be less than half the price on the day if it does run.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 25
By:
deepingfox
When: 16 Aug 18 19:39
Uncle, the King Of Comedy form is very solid, for a maiden, at a Grade 1 track. Several have won since from behind, and like you, I have backed King of Comedy at big odds for next years Guineas, and hope to see him run in the Champagen at Doncaster on St Leger day.

Phoenix Of Spain was a real eye catcher in that race, and I can see him improving past Persian Moon, who he made rapid progress towards in the 7th furlong.

His maiden win next time out showed how much he had learned from his debut, and the profile that previous Acomb winners have had in recent years is 10/1 to 16/1 shots have won much more often than those at the front of the market,
I may join you on the Phoenix of Spain bandwagon. Good luck.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 16 Aug 18 20:43
A couple of the horses from the Sandown maiden run tomorrow - Fox Premier at Newbury and Venedegar at New’mkt. Hopefully give a boost to the form.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 17 Aug 18 19:01
Good run from Venedegar - my only bet of the day.Cry He looked all over the winner until Gosdens well bred newcomer Waldstern sprouted wings. The winner looks like an ideal type for next year St Leger.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 20 Aug 18 11:15
Has been declared (8 runners) so that’s the first hurdle out of the way.Grin
By:
unclepuncle
When: 20 Aug 18 14:22
And if things weren’t already looking good the horse that finished 3rd at Sandown has just hacked up at Thirsk.Cool
By:
unclepuncle
When: 21 Aug 18 14:10
Now a best price of 6/1 - my work here is done.Cool
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 22 Aug 18 14:30
wd unclepuncle, followed you in
By:
li
When: 22 Aug 18 14:30
Great tipping, unclepuncle
By:
Charlton2005
When: 22 Aug 18 14:31
good shout uncle, wd
By:
unclepuncle
When: 22 Aug 18 14:32
Boom.Cool

If Andrew From Sweden had posted the OP he’d be proclaimed as a genius.Confused
By:
unclepuncle
When: 22 Aug 18 14:33
Cheers guys.
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 22 Aug 18 14:59
you're a geniusGrin
By:
unclepuncle
When: 22 Aug 18 15:00
That’s better.Wink
By:
nocturnal
When: 22 Aug 18 15:57
Exactly what the forum is about.......great shout Uncle Cool
By:
Lady Margaret
When: 22 Aug 18 16:02
Awesome stuff Uncle P - well done. Great to see there's still some pure unadulterated wheat on the forum amongst all the chaff
By:
J.D.Salinger
When: 22 Aug 18 17:02
Very well done, uncle.

I'll be putting your name forward for the Queen's New Year's Honours list.
By:
morpteh mackem
When: 22 Aug 18 17:52
I concur , 'sir unclepuncle ' has a certain ring about it.
By:
deepingfox
When: 22 Aug 18 22:59
Well done Uncle.
By:
Paterson92
When: 22 Aug 18 23:47
Great stuff unclepuncle, nothing more satisfying watching an ante-post shorten in price and winning well - only wish I had followed after reading your post.

On a side note, just how good could King Of Comedy be? From his only start, he had the 1st and 3rd in today's Acomb Stakes and a subsequent winner Topical behind him.
By:
Cool Dawn
When: 23 Aug 18 09:39
Great work Uncle. Excellent rationale and it all worked to plan. Well done!
By:
unclepuncle
When: 23 Aug 18 11:19
Thanks.Blush
By:
blackbarn
When: 23 Aug 18 12:42
A belated but very well deserved "well done".   This is what the forum used to be like, even if you turned out to be wrong.
By:
SOULDANCER
When: 23 Aug 18 13:18
Only just seen this, great stuff.
By:
bobbyjo
When: 24 Aug 18 14:23
Excellent work Uncle
By:
unclepuncle
When: 24 Aug 18 14:47
Cheers