Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
09 Jul 18 20:44
| Topic/replies: 20,371 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
Alpha Centauri is the hotpot for this, and a penalty kick. I think 8/11 is value given the form of her competitors. The only worries are her well-being between now and the race, and the weather should it turn monsoon.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 2
By:
Figgis
When: 10 Jul 18 23:27
I think some time followers have gone well overboard about Alpha Centauri's Ascot win. For me, it was a clear peak performance by her but made to look better by the rest pretty much collapsing around her. I see Timeform have it as the fastest performance by a filly at the meeting since Miss Andretti and therefore faster than Lady Aurelia's 2yo win. Personally I have it nowhere near that good and even a couple of pounds slower than Sky Lantern's win in the same race only a few years ago. I don't think she's in Minding's class, who I rate 8lbs higher on the clock, and I even have Winter a couple of pounds higher last year. So as poor as the mile colts look this year I wouldn't be in a hurry to take a short price about her against them, but yes she looks a good thing for the Falmouth.
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Jul 18 21:45
Alpha Centauri was as emphatic as a Group 1 winner can ever be. Only winning by 4.5l this time - previously was 6l - she did it from the front and pacesetting too. A shame The Sussex comes too early for her otherwise a drubbing for the likes of Without Parole and Gustav Klimt, maybe even Saxon Warrior should he turn up for another 8f race.

Alpha Centauri has the Jacques le Marois earmarked and then the Breeders Cuo Mile. I firmly believe any 8f race she'll give the others a spanking when the ground is good or good to firm.

Clemmie weakened slightly at the business end to finish 3rd, a good 5.5l behind the victor; a drop back to 6f next time perhaps.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com