Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
22 Jun 18 17:38
| Topic/replies: 6,436 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
Could be a real burn up with the Aussie and American horses plus Harry’s Angel.
It could be set up for a closer so The Tin Man @ 8/1 and Liberia’s Breeze @ 12/1 look worth a play.

Also results this week show the importance of previous Ascot form, which both of those have in abundance.
Pause Switch to Standard View Diamond Jubilee
Show More
Report unclepuncle June 22, 2018 6:39 PM BST
Librisa (damn autocorrect)
Report lewisham ranger June 22, 2018 6:48 PM BST
think a fast pace will suit harry's angel. don't like his stable form but 11-4 just looks too big to me against this lot.
Report Andrew in Sweden June 22, 2018 8:01 PM BST
City Light @ 16 for me.

Harrys Angel is good, but can be quirky and from 9 races, 4 at Ascot, he's never won there.
Report Charlton2005 June 23, 2018 12:11 AM BST
librisa needs soft ground, harry has beaten blue point and other good ones at ascot so the course is def not a problem. city light won at lingfield so that cannot win. redkirk seems best at 5f and one of his earlier wins at 6f has produced loser after loser. given that merchant navy is badly off at the weights means he cannot win either. Between harry and tin with dancelot gonna be backed for 4 places. gl all
Report Andrew in Sweden June 23, 2018 5:41 AM BST
city light won at lingfield so that cannot win.

ShockedWink

It's a group class winner on turf at Longchamp, only raced on AW 3 times.

Good luck
Report Charlton2005 June 23, 2018 7:04 AM BST
but his ratings are significantly better on AW. not for me, but gl to you too and of course he is a big price so a brave selection
Report IrisDeBalme June 23, 2018 7:19 AM BST
Really tough race ... particularly with Aussie horse - but ill stick with the TIN MAN.
Report nocturnal June 23, 2018 9:19 AM BST
Fascinating race,as mentioned by Uncle in the opening post they look sure to go a real gallop, with the Australian horse looking a real point and shoot merchant.

PROJECTION......Around 33/1 with most books.

Second lowest rated off 110 he looks on paper to have a mountain to climb,I,m not so sure.

As a 5yr old just the 14 starts,arguably 2 of his best runs coming in his last 3 runs.Chased home Blue Point on slower ground last back-end over CD,made up a lot of ground and may have got there in a few more strides.

Latest run at windsor behind Tin Man was not devoid of promise,no cover that day as they spread all over the track,only beaten 3/4 length on decent ground,again suggesting he does not look out of place at this level.

Add in his two course runs,he just might still be on the upgrade as a sprinter,like to see him held up today and pick up any pieces in the final 1/2 furlong if they start coming back.

Whatever happens today,I will be following him closely this season,intriguing profile.

Looks a cracker.
Report lewisham ranger June 23, 2018 9:30 AM BST
As a 5yr old just the 14 starts,

14 seems a lot to me, surely if he was up to this level he would have shown it by now...
Report nocturnal June 23, 2018 10:16 AM BST
Point taken LR.......but not always the case,especially with sprinters.

All horses will mature at different rates,this fella may well be one too good for handicaps,possibly just shy of top class,we will know more later.

Last 12 runnings.......11/1,14/1,20/1,25/1,33/1,33/1

6 of the last 12 winners were double figure prices,I suspect they also showed marked improvement on the day.

He,s in very good hands,on all known form looks progressive,acts on the going /track,but steps into the toughest race of his career against some high class sprinters.

All about his perceived chance,8/1 to get into the top 3 looks too big to me,and the 48 on here to win again way above my estimations.

No excuses for any of them today,lets hope for clean race,the best horse on the day should prevail.

GL with HA,he is the one to beat on paper.
Report Platini June 23, 2018 2:33 PM BST
Last year's winner, The Tin Man is a monster at this track. 8/1 too big a price surely.
Report Charlton2005 June 23, 2018 4:25 PM BST
merchant navy about 3 lbs wrong just because of the WFA allowance.

laid him and redkirk both win and 3 places 4 places
Report unclepuncle June 23, 2018 4:30 PM BST
Tom Queally.AngryAngryAngry
Report unclepuncle June 23, 2018 4:30 PM BST
Bad luck Andrew.Sad
Report Andrew in Sweden June 23, 2018 4:33 PM BST
City Light beaten on the nod Cry

Got the place, but the win was nice
Report Andrew in Sweden June 23, 2018 4:33 PM BST
Thanks Uncle
Report unclepuncle June 23, 2018 4:34 PM BST
Hope some layers refund a Harry Angel bets.
Report Charlton2005 June 23, 2018 4:35 PM BST
f@ck refunds! Trainer needs to address this. Hope the horse is fine.

Good call Andrew
Report unclepuncle June 23, 2018 4:40 PM BST
Cox and a Kirby had a nightmare meeting.
Report lewisham ranger June 23, 2018 4:49 PM BST
horse's coat looked dull in the paddock which perhaps reflected the form of the stable.

then it started playing up which made it worse, and when it got in the stalls and played up it should have been taken out, couldn't believe it when the starter just let them go, he should be sacked for starters.

not expecting a refund from greedy bookmakers either.
Report lewisham ranger June 23, 2018 4:51 PM BST
Joined: 25 Aug 05 | Topic/replies: 5,285 | Blogger: Charlton2005's blog
f@ck refunds!

?

easy to say when you don't have a bet on the horse, essentially don't even get a run for your money, is that fair?
Report Andrew in Sweden June 23, 2018 5:12 PM BST
Charlton,

Thanks, i feel for Harry backers though
Report Charlton2005 June 23, 2018 5:30 PM BST
Fair enough Andrew. It's different from the horse stumbling accidently out the gate. The problem should have been cleared up to the trainer's satisfaction.

Your call was very good. Didn't see many put him up.
Report woodmanchester June 23, 2018 7:22 PM BST
Harry going frantic in stalls. Don't know what the starter was looking at. Should never have been allowed to go! Cry
Report IrisDeBalme June 23, 2018 11:03 PM BST
The TIN MAN would have won that race... if he didnt have horses blocking him...he had to find a way out to get a clear run.

Jockey should have realised situation unfold...
Report nocturnal June 24, 2018 10:02 AM BST
Unsatisfactory chain of events.

Harry Angel followers finnished after 10 yards,every sympathy on this occasion,the only question I would have was whether Kirby was vocal enough,at that stage just before the lids open the onus must be on him if he,s not happy.In his defence,it,s all happening behind him and he is rightly focused ahead.

Classy interview from Cox,not seen an update,hope the horse is ok this morning.

Projection was beat fair and square,not beaten far,may need his sights lowering a little,interesting to see where he goes next,an easy 7f not out the question,on the radar.

Well done winners,great shout with City Light A I S,another day he gets there on the bob.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com