Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Giddy
21 Jan 18 01:49
| Topic/replies: 847 | Blogger: Giddy's blog
I think the world of this horse and hope his ultimate target this season is the CGC . Cant see why he shouldn't take his chance with plenty of question
marks about the leading contenders. 8/1 for Donny next week where he will have top weight and 25/1 for the Irish Gold Cup the following week at levels
I reckon he has a decent chance in both but hoping connections will take the Irish option and race him prominently. Whichever he goes for will tell me a lot
about Gold Cup chances
Pause Switch to Standard View Definitly Red - Skybet Chase or Irish...
Show More
Report Facts January 21, 2018 3:16 AM GMT
Grand National contender ?
Report Giddy January 21, 2018 9:02 PM GMT
I think that was the plan at the start of the season and probably still is. If he runs well in either of the above they may change there minds. Hopefully!
Report woodmanchester January 22, 2018 4:10 AM GMT
Think Donny the softer option rather than travel to Ireland
Report TINnotaTON January 22, 2018 6:51 PM GMT
Gone for WAKANDA at 14-1 yesterday, think there will only be 14 or 15 runners in this and think he's on a fair mark. good run last time and he'l do for me
Report woodmanchester January 22, 2018 10:37 PM GMT
Red could possibly go the Cotswold Chase now
Report Giddy January 23, 2018 12:08 AM GMT
Thanks WM I didn't think he was entered
Report therobster27 January 23, 2018 7:45 AM GMT
Definitly Red initially attracted Money in the Sky Bet, now drifting and money coming for him in the Cotswold Chase.....

Personally I'd much rather play a horse at a much bigger price, thought Coologue would be aimed at this race and is down to a mark now that gives him a real chance. Trainer thinks he's a national horse, but would need to be winning handicaps soon just to even make the cut, he's about a 20-1 chance with most, 25's with Hills and he will do for me at this moment in time. Longsdon was trying to give him a spin in December over the National fences, don't know the reason why he was not seen but flat galloping tracks seem to suit and even if the Definitly Red defects he'll still have a nice racing weight.

From Charlie Longsdon stable tour (Oct 2016)

Although there are few prizes Longsdon is ever likely to beat his old boss at, one that could fall his way is the Grand National which has been earmarked as the long-term target for Coologue.

Longsdon said: "In an ideal world if everything went to plan his target would be going for the Grand National.

"I've always seen him as potential National horse as he is a fantastic jumper and he stays every of inch of three miles and probably wants further.

"Giving him a spin over the Aintree fences is something we could well do in December. I want to carefully map out his route and try to find a nice handicap to win."

Could the Sky Bet be that nice handicap ???

GL with yours
Report betilyerded January 23, 2018 7:55 AM GMT
^Stable Tour October 2016?^

That would be a very long-term plan to win a "nice handicap" to come to fruition!
Report therobster27 January 23, 2018 8:18 AM GMT
LaughLaugh apologies 2017.... Did look to have a hard come back race at Cheltenham when pulling up before two out and seemed to just run out of petrol quite rapidly. Not surprised they have given him plenty of time and I'm sure if he lines up will run well.
Report dunlaying January 23, 2018 12:24 PM GMT
Assuming that The Young Master is aimed at The National he needs to win before the weights are published , 139 would not get him in .
He is well handicapped on his best efforts as are Aloomomo and Bigbadjohn .
Report woodmanchester January 24, 2018 4:43 PM GMT
Sure Cotswold for Definitly Red. Into 13/2. 24.0 Betfair Chase
Report luckyme January 25, 2018 11:35 AM GMT
Lads was the young master balloted out or do I lose my money,
Report therobster27 January 25, 2018 1:31 PM GMT
Judging by runners left...no, looks like not declared
Report luckyme January 25, 2018 2:17 PM GMT
thanks, rob
Report impossible123 January 26, 2018 6:36 PM GMT
If running well the Gold Cup would be on otherwise Grand National or Aintree Bowl, I presume.
Report woodmanchester January 27, 2018 11:02 AM GMT
Got free bet Definitly Red today
Report FELTFAIR January 27, 2018 1:09 PM GMT
Backed L`ami Serge win and Wakanda each way.
Report impossible123 January 27, 2018 3:04 PM GMT
Well done 'woodmanchester'. Tremendous win by Definitely Red. With the Gold Cup his main target now will he still go for the Grand National or more likely the Aintree Bowl?
Report TINnotaTON January 27, 2018 3:23 PM GMT
yeeeeeaaaahhhhhh
Report therobster27 January 27, 2018 3:33 PM GMT
WD TT, never in doubt Laugh top tipping
Report TINnotaTON January 27, 2018 3:35 PM GMT
Grin
Report unclepuncle January 27, 2018 4:09 PM GMT
WD TT
Report Facts January 27, 2018 4:31 PM GMT
Excellent tipping TT. Well done
Report gpz6316 January 28, 2018 9:05 PM GMT
i just had a few quid on him for the gold cup , master oats , imperial call both  horses that hit the high notes for a season . perhaps before realising how tough it was as it came easy to them initially . maybe dr is the same
Report Giddy January 28, 2018 10:44 PM GMT
Wakanda winning this is a small boost to Def Red form as his comfortably beaten Wakanda when they have met
Well done TT
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com