Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
impossible123
08 Apr 17 21:55
| Topic/replies: 20,371 | Blogger: impossible123's blog
I like Promise To Be True despite not winning a 1000G trial at Leopardstown today; she ran a very good race in France last season to be 2nd when still babyish. I think 12f could bring out the best in her, and at 25/1 she could provide a decent return.
Pause Switch to Standard View Epsom Oaks 2017
Show More
Report unclepuncle April 9, 2017 5:00 PM BST
Given how well she ran in the Boussac I'd have thought the Prix Diane (Frenck Oaks) over 10f might be target.
Report EastLower Gooner April 9, 2017 5:51 PM BST
saw a nice prospect last night for Godolphin...out in Keeneland no less...Lido (street cry x cocoa beach). broke her maiden tag on her 2nd start stepping up to 9 furlongs on the turf. 

extremely limited opportunities stateside for horses like here.
Report impossible123 April 14, 2017 10:10 AM BST
Coronet is extremely short (10/1) for this race. She is Gosden trained of good pedigree however, her form does not amount to much in comparison to others (yet).
Report impossible123 April 15, 2017 3:33 PM BST
Maybe I have a soft spot for Promise To Be True despite I have only backed her once (in France); she reminds me of Diminuendo who finished 3rd in the 1000G but won this race a month later.
Report Graeme83 May 7, 2017 8:03 PM BST
Impossible - i think the Irish 1000g is 6 days before the Oaks this time around. I know Aidan is very useful at having them right, but do you think that's enough time ?
Report impossible123 May 7, 2017 8:26 PM BST
Minding did last season, but I think Rhododendron will not take in the Irish 1000G but head to the Oaks probably without a trial prior. If Winter is absent, Rhododendron could deputise, and I'm hoping these two fillies would clash again in the near future eg Coronation Stakes, as I think Rhododendron can extract a revenge, all things being equal.
Report Graeme83 May 7, 2017 8:56 PM BST
I was thinking more of PTBT. If she goes to Irish 1000g, then it leaves little time to go for the Oaks. I think there was a 13 day gap last year. This time it's about 6.
Report impossible123 May 7, 2017 10:29 PM BST
PTBT has an engagement in the French 1000G - she is 12/1 - and was 2nd to Wuheida (4/1) in the Boussac last season. I think she is being prepared for the Oaks (either one or both); she could go for a trial in Ireland or England, I think.
Report unclepuncle May 10, 2017 3:08 PM BST
Enable @ 10/1 looks fair to me. Might not have the class of Rhododendron but guaranteed to stay and certainly should be hard to keep out of the frame.

2pts win / 1pt place
Report Graeme83 May 10, 2017 4:27 PM BST
It's a pitty they don't send 2 to the same race. Quite a few owners have did it.
Report Graeme83 May 10, 2017 5:26 PM BST
Flats can be very frustrating. This season it's difficult to know what's going to turn up, let alone win. Then you look at the bloody cash out button with even more uncertainty. I like PTBT and shutterspeed, and neither of them could turn up. I'd lose enough.
Report impossible123 May 10, 2017 6:04 PM BST
I'm disappointed PTBT was not amongst those declared for the English or French 1000G esp the latter with Dabyan out - she ran extremely well in the Marcel Boussac last season; I hope she is ok, goes for an Oaks trial in the near future and turns up here (eventually). Thus have little option but stocked up on Rhododendron for this race.

I backed several in the Grand National with Bet123, and apart from one the rest drifted out so I cashed out with this bookie for 10% less on those bets.
Report luckyme May 11, 2017 10:53 AM BST
great dosage, unclepuncle

http://www.pedigreequery.com/enable2
Report Graeme83 May 11, 2017 11:54 AM BST
Ahh what the heck. I went back in again on shutterspeed. She was 12.5/1 and 12/1. To me that's a bit of a over reaction to yesterdays events. A horse that wins well at 10f can win a 12f around epsom. She's going to the musidora after all. I'm not entirely convinced that they will take on a host of o'brien horses with just enable. Infact if there was ever a time to send 2 to the oaks, it could be this renewal. Obviously the indications are that i shouldn't back her, but she's doubled in price so....
Report impossible123 May 11, 2017 2:23 PM BST
I believe Shutter Speed is down for the Musidora at York next week. If she wins that going away she'd compete with Rhododendron for favouritism, I'd imagine.
Report jedi sophie May 11, 2017 10:25 PM BST
French Oaks for Shutter Speed i think,Enable for English Oaks...On breeding too!
Report Graeme83 May 15, 2017 5:09 PM BST
We will find out soon enough Jedi. I just hope the jockey says what is right for the owners, and not himself. I think she would stay around epsom on good ground. Let's see what she has soon.
Report jedi sophie May 15, 2017 6:12 PM BST
Looked a stayer to me Graeme,but doubts on pedigree!Connections probably split them and may win both Classics!
Report sinfin May 15, 2017 9:35 PM BST
shutter speed very weak on here layers at  15 so maybe doubtful now
Report Graeme83 May 15, 2017 11:00 PM BST
Latest comments indicate she'll be sticking to 10f. Ouch. Not my finest hour. I thought i was being smart as the trainer said she's a 10f horse...just like Cracksman and Golden Horn Tongue Out. I'll maybe wait on the jumps !
Report impossible123 May 16, 2017 1:26 PM BST
Any news about Promise To Be True, anyone? She was scratched from the English and French Guineas. I hope she runs soon and/or go for this race.
Report unclepuncle May 16, 2017 2:01 PM BST
^ Irish Guineas (28th May) and then French Oaks (18th June) would be my guess.
Report sinfin May 16, 2017 8:34 PM BST
sobetsu trainer says staying in france yet its being backed on here at 33 to 40 quite often very strange
Report indian haven May 16, 2017 8:54 PM BST
If Sobetsu needs soft ground her backers may well be looking at the 14 day weather forecast. Currently 12mm forecast on Monday 29th and 19mm on Tuesday 30th- dry Wednesday
Report Graeme83 May 17, 2017 10:45 AM BST
Just to further confirm my stupidity to all, i've put Shutterspeed in a small accy. I'd rather smile whilst i sink , as opposed to drowning with no witnesses.
Report impossible123 May 17, 2017 4:21 PM BST
Gosden and Dettori reiterated the Prix Diane yet backers here - I'm astounded.
Report Jb23 May 17, 2017 4:40 PM BST
Why astounded i123? Dettori just said on RUK that she was finished very tired over 10F. Absolutely no chance of her getting 12F round Epsom imo.
Report impossible123 May 17, 2017 5:33 PM BST
Jb23...that was why I was astounded there were backers for Shutter Speed (SS) at 16 -> 40 here for several minutes post race despite Gosden and Dettori's reiterations SS would be Prix Diane (France) bound.
Report Jb23 May 17, 2017 6:05 PM BST
Apologies! I read that as you being astounded by the decision. My error!
Report Figgis May 17, 2017 7:18 PM BST
More astounding was the geezer on tv with some association to Betfair, didn't have a clue.
Report johnnyrant May 19, 2017 9:37 AM BST
Why is the AP market suspended?
Report sinfin May 19, 2017 9:45 AM BST
johnny its a forfeit stage yesterday usually open again by dinnertime
Report johnnyrant May 19, 2017 10:02 AM BST
Thanks sinfin Happy
Report impossible123 May 19, 2017 12:45 PM BST
PTBT is out (apparently) but some bookies are still betting on her; Rhododendron and Winter are still in.
Report impossible123 May 19, 2017 2:07 PM BST
Unlike last year when I picked Minding fairly early PTBT had not been a wise move from me; Rhododendron in doubles and accas at 5/2 since 1000G is the best I can do. Otherwise, a race to forget, betting wise.
Report Jack Bauer '24' May 19, 2017 3:03 PM BST
I told you last year on the 1000 Guineas thread that Rhododendron was more likely to be their Oaks filly on breeding.
Report impossible123 May 19, 2017 3:13 PM BST
I did not expect PTBT to be scratched here after running so well in France last season; she could be unsound as not even turned up for the 1000G, and then the French equivalent and now here something must be amiss, I'd think. Unlike last year it was pretty straight forward between Minding and Ballydoyle (good/fast ground), but at least the latter showed in the 1000G. C'est la vie!
Report johnnyrant May 22, 2017 11:49 AM BST
Not as confident in Rhodo as I was in Minding last year. Think the 2 Gosden fillies could give her a race.
Report impossible123 May 22, 2017 11:56 AM BST
Same here. I was confident of Rhodo in the 1000G, and PTBT here, but Rhodo did not get the necessary assistance there. If PTBT was to run here I'd back her to beat Rhodo; the two Gosden's inmates will definitely give Rhodo a run for her money, I firmly believe.
Report impossible123 May 22, 2017 1:35 PM BST
O/T
PTBT is in the Irish 1000G this sunday, will she run?; she is 16/1, and Winter only evens.
Report impossible123 May 23, 2017 4:06 PM BST
O/T
Not anymore, PTBT has been taken out but Rhododendron is still in the Irish 1000G no doubt as a precaution just in case something untoward happens to Winter between now and then.
Report unclepuncle May 29, 2017 9:58 AM BST
Have added a point e/w on Coronet at 9/1 - market seems to be suggesting she may be the Gosden No.1.
Report impossible123 May 29, 2017 9:10 PM BST
Loads of opinions about the colts Derby but little or none about this female equivalent.

Rhododendron is the Class runner despite finishing 2nd in the 1000G but rated many lbs superior to all the others. At odds of just a shade against, and possibly with the ground to suit (good/firm) a price worth taking for her 1st run over this 12f trip? With her superiority just a case of turning up and collecting 1st prize similar to Minding last year?
Report jedi sophie May 29, 2017 10:43 PM BST
Be surprised if not ODDS ON by off time. If the BOYS fancy this it certainly will be!
Very very hard to beat, Abdulla pair interesting if ground stays on soft side!
Report Figgis May 29, 2017 10:55 PM BST
Backed Enable after the Cheshire Oaks, posted on the Derby thread. Rhododendron has the more obvious form but she's no Minding, I have her Guineas form 11lbs lower. She didn't have a clear run at Newmarket but in my view it didn't cost her much ground in the end and certainly didn't cost her the race. The Oaks was always on her agenda but she was still seriously trained for the Guineas and I wouldn't bank on her improving on that form. My reading of Enabled's latest win doesn't leave her with much to find and I think she can improve again. Difficult to fancy the rest.
Report lewisham ranger May 30, 2017 12:03 AM BST
agree figgis. I'm all over enable, think the prices are all wrong here.

my main concern is the ground, think enable bounced off the quick ground at chester, but if it came up soft I would be concerned.
Report impossible123 May 30, 2017 11:55 AM BST
Is the Prix de Diane still the number one target for Sobetsu? She is still quite a big price here.
Report sinfin May 30, 2017 12:06 PM BST
sobetsu decision will be made on the amount of rain we getting france is first target but its looking more like she might come ere
Report impossible123 May 30, 2017 12:37 PM BST
Thanks sinfin, unless the heavens open again the ground here could be bordering on good/good to firm come friday.
Report sinfin May 30, 2017 1:42 PM BST
trainer clearly said awhile ago that shes staying in france after winning over there but shes still in here not without backers but they need plenty of rain
Report Sandown May 30, 2017 2:32 PM BST
Why the big drift on Enable?
Report sinfin May 30, 2017 2:43 PM BST
can only b the amount of rain but surely it wont have soft in the going come friday
Report impossible123 May 30, 2017 2:49 PM BST
Enable certainly has taken a big walk...never a good sign so close to the race or is it just market manipulation? No new news in the public info (yet).
Report johnnyrant May 30, 2017 3:08 PM BST
Assumed it's the strength in Rhodo's price which has caused the Enable drift. A lot of premature talk about soft ground, led by deceiver-in-chief, the Racing Post. If you can trust the forecast, no rain forecast at Epsom & getting warmer as week progresses, so will end up on the fast side of good unless Cooper gets his hosepipe out. I think Coronet is the dark horse this year. Pretty sure she will relish the trip & be a lot better on better ground - she didn't like the soft going in France lto & was given a tender ride with a view to Epsom no doubt. She really impressed me when she won at HQ last year.
Report Figgis May 30, 2017 3:17 PM BST
I'd say it's just a belief by many that the fav virtually only has to turn up to win, as stated on this thread. That belief seems to have been strengthened after Winter followed up on Sunday. It's always been a weak market barring the fav, Rhododendron has traded 4 times the amount traded on the second fav. Hopefully that's not just wishful thinking on my part and the sign of something more concerning instead.
Report Figgis May 30, 2017 3:18 PM BST
Beat me to it johnny Wink
Report roadrunner46 May 30, 2017 3:23 PM BST
its a good chance for enable backers to get a little bit more onWink no one seems interested at the moment
Report impossible123 May 30, 2017 4:23 PM BST
Rhododendron prefers good/firm ground thus should it come up soft, and over 4f extra may be a concerned for connections too; she's evens best price, rated head and shoulder over the rest...value?
Report Jack Bauer '24' May 30, 2017 4:36 PM BST
She is going to be very difficult to beat.
Report Figgis May 30, 2017 4:51 PM BST
I agree if she shows her Guineas form to the pound she'll be hard to beat but it would still put her behind the level of some Oaks winners gone by so it's not an exceptional standard. Looking back at her form last year when she ran to a new peak in the Debutante she definitely ran a bit below that next time when favourite for the Moyglare, with no obvious excuse. She bounced back to form next time in the Fillies Mile but it is possible that she's better with more time between races. I'd also argue that her Guineas second was virtually the same level she showed last year. I have her just 1lb higher so wouldn't class that as real improvement. Whereas Winter made huge improvement since last year. The 1000 Guineas has often been called the final 2yo race and I reckon there's something in that description. There have been a lot of fillies that continued in the 1000 where they left off the year before but then went downhill afterwards. If Rhododendron hasn't really improved since last year I don't think it's guaranteed she'll maintain that level. She's obviously the correct favourite on form shown but I think there are just enough doubts about her to think she's not a bet at the price and she's worth taking on.
Report jedi sophie May 30, 2017 6:20 PM BST
Has the trainer suggested somewhere SOFT ground be an issue for Enable in Oaks?? Not that i think will be Soft.

I cant have it be a problem for her in the slightest.The Dam Concentric Sire is The Magnificent Sadlers Wells who has lots of progeny across the board who do not mind cut.And Gallop all the way to the line!PlainNathaniel himself also NO issues there at all.

Bookmakers not allowing to go above the Eway price.
Report lewisham ranger May 30, 2017 7:49 PM BST
I'm just giving my opinion that enable would welcome quick ground as she seemed to bounce off the quick ground and looked more in love with it than she did at Newbury.

it's just an opinion nothing more.

anyway it looks irrelevant now as she is on the drift so quite possibly a non-runner.
Report jedi sophie May 30, 2017 10:49 PM BST
Wasnt referring to your post LR just looking for input!My opinion merely differs from yours.All good though!Fav too short for my money round Epsom with plenty to run.
Report Jb23 May 31, 2017 10:21 AM BST
Final Declarations (10) Alluringly, Coronet, Daddys Lil Darling, Enable, Horseplay, Isabel De Urbina, Natavia, Pocketfullofdreams, Rhododendron, Sobetsu.
Report Jb23 May 31, 2017 11:57 AM BST
There is an account on twitter - @AntepostPunter who is 9 out of 10 times correct and beats the mainstream press.

PA Racing has also confirmed those 10 - https://twitter.com/PAracing?lang=en-gb
Report FELTFAIR June 2, 2017 8:38 AM BST
Backed and traded Sobetsu each way..Backed Rhododendrum win and Enable each way.
Report Figgis June 2, 2017 12:42 PM BST
Backed Rhododendrum win and Enable each way

Just curious, how would you divide your stakes when the win bet is odds on?
Report sinfin June 2, 2017 3:06 PM BST
got a gud green book with the exception of sobetsu so theres the winner got natavia as the best winner gud luck to all
Report FELTFAIR June 2, 2017 3:42 PM BST
Assumed 4/5 and 7/1 respectively.£400 Rhododendrum and £90 Enable plus the place to return £140.Win outlay £490 return if win £720 ish. If lose then hope Sobetsu wins if not then so be it.
Report Figgis June 2, 2017 3:44 PM BST
Sorry, wasn't being nosey about your stakes, that's your business. Was just curious about the percentage split at the prices.
Report Howellsy June 2, 2017 5:08 PM BST
Two proper group 1 races this afternoon, any stamina deficiencies ruthlessly exposed, proper class coming to the fore, the Oaks a classic renewal and a top class winner, the runner up not quite getting home but would have won many a renewal.
Report unclepuncle June 2, 2017 5:37 PM BST
Very pleasing.Cool
Report lewisham ranger June 2, 2017 6:02 PM BST
brilliant call uncle, figgis and others.

now sitting on a double enable/cracksman- hoping for a gosden double Cool
Report lewisham ranger June 2, 2017 6:03 PM BST
followed figgis in as such a good tipster- just hope he's wrong about cliffs of moher Scared
Report Howellsy June 2, 2017 6:04 PM BST
Yep good call Figgis. The going looks fine for COM tomorrow too.
Report Figgis June 2, 2017 6:16 PM BST
Cheers lads. Well done unc. Yes Howellsy, looks a really good time performance from Enable and the rain hadn't really got into the ground even by the last race. Let's hope it stays that way. Thought that was probably the more difficult part of the double, but it doesn't always turn out that way.
Report penzance June 2, 2017 6:19 PM BST
thought you put Enable up
Figgis.
   wd
   GL
Report Jack Bauer '24' June 2, 2017 6:24 PM BST
She looks a lovely filly, well done backers.
Report johnnyrant June 3, 2017 12:37 PM BST
Well done Figgis. Coronet would have been my biggest winner - didn't seem to act on the track. But Enable a very nice AP result. Backed her at 25-1 after her Newbury 3rd behind Shutter Speed - tenderly handled & look a much likely stayer. Chester obviously confirmed that. Rhodo looks a 10f filly. Always felt they was a stamina doubt there so pleased to see Coolmore set up a true stamina test. btw, why doesn't anyone question the 'team' tactics adopted by Coolmore in these races. Appreciate that pacemakers are adopted by lots of yards; just been Coolmore overstep the mark on this.
Report impossible123 June 3, 2017 12:55 PM BST
I think should Rhododendron meet Enable again over 12f eg Irish Oaks, and on a flat track, given a clear passage Enable will beat Rhododendron again, why? I do not think Rhododendron stay 12f in a truly run race - she's 8f -> 10f horse; I think Alluringly is the same despite finishing 3rd; the others either did not act on the track and/or ground eg Sobetsu/Coronet, and/or had not achieved much prior eg Natavia and Horseplay.

Enable won it on stamina, and if over 8f -> 10f on good/firm ground I'd side with Rhododendron any time, any day!
Report Jack Bauer '24' June 3, 2017 2:24 PM BST
Rhododendron stayed 12 furlongs perfectly well she was just outstayed by a much stronger stayer with a lot more stamina in her pedigree. Coolmore made a rare tactical error setting too strong a pace and that was always going benefit Enable more than the fav.
Report Jack Bauer '24' June 3, 2017 2:28 PM BST
She may well be better over 10 furlongs like Minding but that doesn't mean she didn't stay. It was a long way back to the rest in a very truly run race and I think the winner is very good.
Report A_T June 3, 2017 3:20 PM BST
Coolmore made a rare tactical error setting too strong a pace and that was always going benefit Enable more than the fav.

wrong decision in hindsight but very few knew how good Enable was going to be
Report unclepuncle June 3, 2017 8:53 PM BST
I did.Cool
Report Figgis June 5, 2017 3:50 PM BST
There has been some talk about Rhododendron not staying but I have her running close to her previous best. Her second was good enough to take an average running of the race. Nothing to do with having backed her, but I have that performance by Enable as the best I've seen in an Oaks, certainly the fastest performance when allowances have been made for conditions. I backed her thinking she could just about beat an on form Rhododendron if she made the improvement I thought she was capable of. After watching the race I assumed she ran up to my hopes but Rhododendron must have been a bit below her best. However, after looking at the card in more depth the only conclusion is Enable ran even better than I thought she could.

I have her 5lbs better than Taghrooda when she won the King George. Gosden could target the same race with her and she'd surely be very hard to beat with the allowances. The difference with Taghrooda was she had a fairly comfortable race in her Oaks, whereas Enable's win appeared quite demanding. So the question is whether she'll recover in time. There's a two month gap but even that wasn't enough for Workforce to recover from his Derby exertions. My first thoughts were that Gosden should go for the Irish Derby with her, as on the Epsom form she'd have nothing to fear from those colts, especially with her allowance, but the race might come a bit soon. He might just let her have a relatively easy time of things in her next couple of races against her own sex then aim her for the Arc. If he can keep her fresh for the Autumn she'd have a great chance in my view.
Report unclepuncle June 6, 2017 8:31 AM BST
Be amazed if Gosden / Abdullah went for the Irish Derby. Fully expect it will be the Irish Oaks, Yorkshire Oaks, Arc route.
Report Figgis July 15, 2017 5:54 PM BST
Interesting to see how Enable performs today at the Curragh. I have her Oaks win as the best winning performance in that race for more than 30 years, so she really ought to win this easily. It looked quite a tough race at Epsom but she's had 6 weeks to recover so that should be plenty of time to see her back at her best. Nevertheless, I remember Lady Carla never being the same again after her impressive Oaks win and you never really know how they'll come out of it.
Report A_T July 16, 2017 11:52 AM BST
Didn't beat much but won in great style. Possibly the best middle distance 3yo in Europe? Gosden didn't rule out the King George.
Report Figgis July 16, 2017 3:20 PM BST
The best thing about yesterday's race apart from her winning impressively was she was able to do it while running a good 9lbs below her Epsom form, by my reckoning. Ideally you want to win these races without having to run to peak form before facing the bigger targets and that's what happened yesterday. So far so good.
Report brigust1 July 16, 2017 4:09 PM BST
It's not rocket science I know but I did manage to sneak back the King George stakes I had invested on Enable so if she runs it will be a free bet but it must be doubtful. JG has confounded me at almost every step this season though not running Jack Hobbs in the Eclipse was down to the going. It will be interesting what he does in the KG but I will be away on my hols then so I may just have to do a little guessing before I go. And that goes for Goodwood as well.
Report brigust1 July 18, 2017 8:16 PM BST
Another insane decision by Gosden. Enable missing the King George along with Cracksman. Why? The Yorkshire Oaks and Great Voltigeur are hardly career making targets ffs. He screwed up Taghrooda by running her in the Yorkshire Oaks. Perhaps he wants to see his wife's horse having less opposition? I cannot believe that. The King George looks there for the taking yet again he has swerved it. Odd isn't the word.
Report impossible123 July 18, 2017 8:57 PM BST
Would have liked Enable in the KG to give the race a bit more gravitas but her Irish Oaks presence put paid to that, I believe. I think Gosden is trying not to overrun her and keeping her fresh for the Arc; her next race in the Yorkshire Oaks is no plain sailing either with Queens Trust, So Mi Dar (SMD) and possibly Journey in the field, but I shan't be piling into SMD - she was absent each time I bet her; Queens Trust and Journey (in season in her last race) are no pushover either.

The betting here does not inspire confidence that Jack Hobbs will show either - 14/1 compare to 9/2 post his Meydan triumph. However, he might get his ground as precipitation is likely on given long range forecast. Otherwise, game, set and match to Highland Reel, I envisaged (confidently), all things being equal, with/out Idaho.
Report johnnyrant July 19, 2017 10:19 AM BST
Agree it's a great shame and lost opportunity Enable won't run in the KG. It's a race that seems to lose more lustre every year. Think Johnny G is an excellent trainer but some of the campaigning of his horses is baffling and error-strewn imho - running Jack Hobbs on a road over 10f at R.Ascot, for instance. Coronet would also clearly appreciate a step up in trip so running her in the Irish Oaks was another strange one with Enable looking a steering job. Maybe it is partly the demands of owners?
Report brigust1 July 19, 2017 10:51 AM BST
You could be right Jr. I think one of his biggest errors this year was not running Cracksman in the Dante. I understand his worry about the going but he decided overnight and his opinion of the going was proved to be completely wrong and that could have cost him the Derby.
I know it is easy to criticise trainers and jockeys but there are times when their decisions are baffling. Why not run Enable in the KG? Dahlia won the Irish Oaks then bolted up in the King George 7 days later. Enable is 6s for the Arc and Highland Reel is 14s now compare that with the King George. It's bonkers.
I know Grimthorpe is racing manager for the owner plus Chairman at York so that has to be included in the decision imo.
I have the greatest respect for JG as a trainer and he never over hypes his horses but some of his decisions this year have been baffling and potentially costly. If he doesn't run Jack Hobbs in the King George without a strong reason he will have completed the nap hand for me.
Report impossible123 July 19, 2017 6:05 PM BST
Ya, a few high profile races for Gosden's charges eg So Mi Dar (Epsom/Sandown), Jack Hobbs (PoW), Enable (KG) and now Cracksman (Voltigeur/no Leger) had left sour tastes for antepost punters and puzzling to most. Why bother running Cracksman in the Voltigeur (but no Leger) if a "racing sabbatical" had been planned for him?

In the Yorkshire Oaks we might see the return of Seventh Heaven (2nd to Jack Hobbs at Meydan but beat Found here last year); Queen's Trust; Journey and Nezwaah - these are no slow coaches. And to battle with her elders 1st time in this company on unsuitable ground (possibly) could mean Enable absent on race day. If so, KG opportunity lost after a facile victory in the Irish Oaks.

I'd be totally off Gosden's charges esp antepost for good if Jack Hobbs is absent in the KG even on ground similar to the PoW.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com