Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sageform
28 Oct 16 07:28
| Topic/replies: 20,961 | Blogger: sageform's blog
Theatre Guide runs today and Native River tomorrow as Colin Tizzard brings out his big guns. TG has not run below 3 miles for ages and is unlikely to have the speed for 2.5 so I assume that this is a prep run. NR is over hurdles so would not get a penalty for winning but might not be quite good enough. with her horses right back to form, Rebecca Curtis has O'Faiolains Boy well handicapped.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 120
By:
sageform
When: 28 Oct 16 14:28
Terrific effort by Theatre Guide over that trip and must be a great place bet in the Hennessey as he was last year.
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 29 Oct 16 17:05
Native River well beaten in hurdle race is cut 2 points to 8-1 fav

MADNESS

Laugh
By:
sageform
When: 29 Oct 16 17:45
Really, he was narrowly beaten in a top class staying hurdle and ran well above his previous hurdle rating. A perfect warm up for the Hennessy imo.
By:
shockster
When: 31 Oct 16 09:37
Champion trainer Paul Nicholls has indicated that Saphir du Rheu, third in Saturday’s Sodexho Gold Cup at Ascot, is likely to be seen next in the feature Group 3 Hennessy Gold Cup Chase at Newbury on November 26.

The seven-year-old made a highly satisfactory return to the fray at the weekend, staying on well to take third in the race won by Gary Moore’s Anthony.

Having rather lost his way last term, the gelded son of Al Namix could take now his chance at Newbury racing off an 11lb lower mark than last year, when he was sent off favourite for the coveted three-and-a-quarter mile chase but finished just out of the frame behind Alan King’s classy Smad Place.

“He will go straight for the Hennessy,” suggested Nicholls in the aftermath of the Andy Stewart-owned chaser’s seasonal return. “He had a right good blow.

“I thought he ran a good race in (the Hennessy) last year when he was fifth. He will be a bit lighter and stronger and we will have a go at it.”

“He was never right last year,” revealed the Ditcheat handler. “Nick Scholfield said to make more use of him and what we wanted to get him doing was jumping well. He can only build on that.”
By:
shockster
When: 08 Nov 16 08:15
Out Sam is a doubtful starter if anyone is considering.  I was.  From the trainer.
By:
shockster
When: 08 Nov 16 09:53
David Pipe felt Un Temps Pour Tout's victory at Aintree on Saturday came at the "ideal time" ahead of the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury later this month.
Pipe believes the Cheltenham Festival winner could be well weighted for the big race on November 26 after he stayed on nicely at the Merseyside circuit to win by two lengths.
Un Temps Pour Tout is a best-priced 12-1 with Bet365 for the Grade Three Chase, a race the Pond House trainer won with the seven-year-old Madison Du Berlais off a weight of 11st-4lbs in 2008.
The Pond House handler told www.davidpipe.com: "I was delighted by the reappearance effort of Un Temps Pour Tout in the BTRC Hurdle at Aintree on Saturday.
"A two-mile-four-furlong hurdle race didn't necessarily provide him with his optimum conditions, although it came at the ideal time for a prep run ahead of the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury in three weeks' time.
"Tom Scudamore set a sensible gallop aboard our seven-year-old and he kept finding in the straight without Tom ever having to get too serious with him.
"The run will have helped bring him on and I am looking forward to Newbury where his chase mark of 158 should put him on a nice racing weight."
By:
shockster
When: 10 Nov 16 08:19
Ben Pauling, whose Drumacoo has failed to qualify for the race, is happy with the condition of Local Show, who can be backed at 50-1.

"The race is very much on the cards for Local Show," said the trainer. "He's in exceptionally good form. He was supposed to go to Ascot but it was far too quick. We're looking forward to completing final preparations."
By:
shockster
When: 10 Nov 16 08:21
Nicholls has Silviniaco Conti, Southfield Theatre, Irish Saint and Virak entered for the Hennessy, said: "Saphir Du Rheu and Vicente are the intended runners. Saphir Du Rheu schooled yesterday and the experience and run at Ascot definitely won’t be lost on him.

"I want to get a few kilos off him because he still looks big and well. Last year he wasn't finishing, but he finished really strongly at Ascot and I felt it was quite a nice prep for the Hennessy. If he's back to anywhere near his best, he'd have a big chance.

"Vicente won the Scottish National but he does like left-handed tracks. He wouldn’t want the ground desperately soft. He's a hard horse to place but goes well fresh and if he’s improved he's not without a chance. It's a good race for a second-season chaser."

Irish Saint could run over hurdles on Saturday and is described as a "possible", while Southfield Theatre and Virak are rated "unlikely". Silviniaco Conti has been ruled out.
By:
shockster
When: 10 Nov 16 09:24
NOEL MEADE is planning a two-pronged assault on the Hennessy Gold Cup at Newbury a fortnight on Saturday and declared himself satisfied with both Monksland and Wounded Warrior after the weights for the race were released on Wednesday.

Monksland, a faller in the JNWine.com Champion Chase at Down Royal over the weekend, has been given a weight of 10st 7lb, while Wounded Warrior will carry 2lb higher should top weight Coneygree make his long-awaited return in the race.

Meade said of Monskland: "Monksland has come out of the weekend unscathed and there is every possibility he could go for the Hennessy Gold Cup. He is rated 3lb higher in England and I think the weight is fine, but whether he runs or not will depend on how he schools in the meantime.

"He looked to be going quite nicely at Down Royal when he came down but the fences are there to be jumped and that has been his Achilles' heel. He is not a bad jumper and that is actually the first time he has fallen, but he just misses a fence every so often."

He added of Wounded Warrior, last seen in February's Irish Gold Cup: "He is a fine, big horse who stays really well. It would have been nice to get a run into him but, with the ground the way it is, we haven't been able to because he wants it soft.

"He wants a trip and the further they go the better. He has the entry so we will sit down with the owners and see what they want to do."

Coneygree will reportedly run in either the Betfair Chase or the Hennessy, his intended early-season target last year before injury intervened. His weight is equivalent to a BHA mark of 170 and it puts him two above Silviniaco Conti and four ahead of last year's winner Smad Place.

It is a potentially top-class renewal of the race, though if Coneygree does run only those mentioned plus Charlie Hall winner Irish Cavalier (11st 2lb), Grand National runner-up The Last Samuri (11st 1lb), Sausalito Sunrise and Un Temps Pour Tout (both 11st) would carry 11st or more.
By:
sean rua
When: 17 Nov 16 07:53
Any updates, gentlemen?

I'll be there as usual next week and I haven't decided anything yet.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 17 Nov 16 17:17
Venetia coming into form and with plenty of rain forecast Sunday-Tues I've backed Houblon Des.Obeaux, who always goes well first time out and loves Newbury. 1 pt e/w @ 40/1.
By:
paulo47
When: 18 Nov 16 08:50
Otago Trail @ 130 , same reasons .
By:
sean rua
When: 18 Nov 16 09:23
Uncle, I'm sure I've backed houblon other years for the Hennessey; saw it move aerly morning in the Newbury shops ( one shortened a good bit before another, so I did a bit of rushing back and fore); I think it ran well.

paulo:

yes, if I see any of hers move on the saturday morning, I'll be interested. Same reasons.

I know that's not ante-post betting, but, I always have to guess with Venetia's.
By:
czech mate
When: 18 Nov 16 16:52
Looks like o'f boy has been scratched today - thought he'd run a big race with Rebecca curtis's horses returning to form
By:
Fabulous
When: 18 Nov 16 17:02
I had O'Faolains at 50's, f'cking f'ck Plain
By:
czech mate
When: 18 Nov 16 17:05
Hills and lads removed from betting and doesn't feature in betfair market- signs ain't good,for us
By:
czech mate
When: 18 Nov 16 17:06
Sorry - hills and joes
By:
Fabulous
When: 18 Nov 16 17:59
Yeah, he's definitely out czech, but got a few others on the go, but was quite keen on him.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 19 Nov 16 19:32
With torrential rain forecast over the next 48 hours I have added Smad Place @ 12/1 and Local Show @ 64/1.
By:
IrisDeBalme
When: 19 Nov 16 21:11
I think only bet for me at this stage is SMAD PLACE 12/1, cruised the race last year on 11-4 won by about 12L... ok will probably be top weight now, but surely still has a chance as by a wide margin loves this track and is type of horse that will excel if conditions deteriorate.

I think this is Kings best horse... and although cant see him winning the Gold Cup... think the Hennessey is the more his suiting.

Good Luck.
By:
sageform
When: 20 Nov 16 06:31
I shall wait until an hour before the race as conditions could be changing all week depending on rain etc. A short list of stables in blinding form is a good place to start. Tizzard ,Hobbs, George (although he had a slightly disappointing weekend) and Jefferson are my stables to watch at the moment. Henderson is quietly coming into form and loves Newbury.
By:
ReaseHeath
When: 20 Nov 16 09:25
except Hobbs and George don't have any entries in the race...

which might be good news for Native River backers as Dickie will probably be available to ride and persuade him to run like he did at Aintree.
By:
The Dragon
When: 20 Nov 16 11:23
I'm on Triolo Dalene at 40/1
By:
sintonian
When: 20 Nov 16 11:55
I personally think Saphir Du Rheu is a cert for this. He should have no issue with the going either as he has won on soft and Heavy at ffos Las.

My only concern is if they get so much rain the meeting is abandonded!
By:
forgotmyusername
When: 20 Nov 16 11:55
Has there been any word re Henri Parry Morgan going for the race?
By:
GI MAC
When: 20 Nov 16 12:29
Had a good look at this race today, I like a few at this stage: Un Temps Pour Tout and Native River both have strong claims, Outlander is interesting if he showed up, Harry Parry Morgan could be on a good mark but a prep would have been good to see. Triolo D'Alene likes this place but would only consider if good ground.

Local Show is interesting off a low weight, but he seems to be better RH and must have soft ground so not sure atm. Otago Trail is also catching my eye, but they have been trying to get a prep race into him, which they haven't, so big ask to win but can see it run well.

I have decided to have small punt at this stage on Hadrians Approach, still retains plenty of ability (6th in Betfred off 144 back in April whilst on the comeback trail) and he has dropped to 139 which is fair. Currently on 9.9 but I expect the weights to go up by 4lbs with Smad Place top weight, so he may only be 1 lb wrong running off a featherweight of 10st. A punt as I've said but at 40/1 one I'm happy to take.
By:
Wicketd
When: 20 Nov 16 22:59
two i like in this if the ground is soft, WOUNDED WARRIOR at 40/1 and HOUBLON DES OBEAUX at 33/1
By:
sageform
When: 21 Nov 16 07:39
I would have discounted Venetia until the last 2 days but they are running well enough first time out to give them a look.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 21 Nov 16 07:44
sintonian
20 Nov 16 12:55

I personally think Saphir Du Rheu is a cert for this. He should have no issue with the going either as he has won on soft and Heavy at ffos Las.

My only concern is if they get so much rain the meeting is abandonded!

Hadn't really considered him after his defeat last year but have just watched the video back to see if I missed anything.

He was well ultimately well beat last year after jumping, and travelling really well just behind Smad Place - he just seemed to be outstayed from the 2nd last and was pretty legless after the last. He is 10lb lower in the ratings, and 21lbs better off with Smad Place, and perhaps just as crucially he will have a nice racing weight this time rather than lugging top weight so I can see your reasons for fancying him.
Definite saver material for me.
By:
barnesey
When: 21 Nov 16 08:41
Does anyone know what's happening with drumacoo? I read somewhere he wasn't qualified for the race but not sure why! He is still in the betting with high street books and there is still money up on here for a few quid wanting to back him?
I think he has a nice weight and a good chance in this but having already backed him I don't want to throw anymore money on him if there is no chance of a run?
By:
shockster
When: 21 Nov 16 08:51
Trainer thought Drumacoo wasn't qualified because of insufficient runs and said so in Weekender.  However, Weatherby's later confirmed he was eligible to run.
By:
barnesey
When: 21 Nov 16 09:08
Thanks for the reply shock much appreciated
By:
paulo47
When: 21 Nov 16 11:51
Just not sure about LH vs RH tracks , though Newbury is very fair .
By:
Facts
When: 21 Nov 16 16:26
Taken the 9/1 on Vyta Du Roc
By:
everton1978
When: 21 Nov 16 18:38
Smad Place ran an absolute blinder (with this race in mind) first time out. Form franked nicely on the weekend. No ground concerns. Best on a flat track, possibly even this one. Slight issue carrying too weight but those at the top of the handicap don't have too bad a record recently. As always there are 1 or 2 better handicapped horses lurking but if any firm go ew 1st 5 or 6 on the day I will be smashing this
By:
sintonian
When: 21 Nov 16 19:44
PFN firmly of the opinion he was burly for his Ascot run too, Uncle. 4 times in the last 10 runnings the race has been won by horses having their second attempt at it. I'm hoping Noel Fehil rides.

I have also backed Wounded Warrior who runs off the same rating. At 40/1 he's too big to leave out looking at his novice chase form. But he could head for the Becher too. We'll see. Pandorama was the last horse Noel Meade ran in the race I think.
By:
the bloob
When: 21 Nov 16 20:05
the Houblon des Obeaux has been backed would suggest that people are expecting heavy going, RP site shows currently good to soft, any rain in the area today?
By:
Facts
When: 21 Nov 16 22:31
Anything trained by VW needs to be backed off the boards whenever it rains according to every racing ' expert'/ pundit in the media.
By:
duffy
When: 21 Nov 16 23:05
No firm thoughts but I think I'll have a bet on Blaklion who probably won't get any credit for his RSA win until he backs it up in another big race, he won't mind the ground and will be able to guts it out
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com