Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Paterson92
03 Oct 16 17:24
| Topic/replies: 1,072 | Blogger: Paterson92's blog
Order Of St George 9/4
Simple Verse 4/1
Forgotten Rules 6/1
Bondi Beach 8/1
Sheikhzayedroad 12/1
Quest For More 14/1
Litigant 16/1
Nearly Caught 20/1
Almela 20/1
Ivan Grozny 20/1
Pallasator 20/1
Clever Cookie 25/1
Trip To Paris 25/1
33/1 Bar

Will they turn Order Of St George out as quick after an excellent third in The Arc on Sunday? If they do, he's the one to beat.

Simple Verse I would imagine is a likely runner.

This race has been Forgotten Rules target. He ran a very nice race in preparation for this the other week when making his seasonal reappearance. Cut in the ground is essential for him. He won the race in 2014 and the Ascot Gold Cup seemed to take its toll on him towards the end of last season. Although he was going well when badly hampered and eased when his chance had gone. If Order Of St George does run, he has plenty to find on previous form and 6/1 would look far too short from a betting perspective.

This race was mentioned by Charlton for Quest For More after his excellent win at the weekend in France as he's reported to have come out of that race very well. However he did mention alternatively putting the horse away until Dubai in March.

Sheikhzayedroad would be an interesting contender going by his recent win over Quest For More at Doncaster.

Does anyone have any fancies or thoughts on this particular race?
Pause Switch to Standard View Ascot Long Distance Cup
Show More
Report Paterson92 October 3, 2016 6:28 PM BST
Bondi Beach at 8/1 could look very big considering his previous form with OOSG, Simple Verse and Forgotten Rules.
Report sintonian October 3, 2016 8:50 PM BST
I backed Simple Verse a couple of weeks ago at 6/1. Think she got the jockey out of trouble last time and would have won impressively otherwise.
Report Madhu October 3, 2016 8:58 PM BST
Paterson92

I think Bondi Beach set for Spring Carnival- International Spring Racing Carnival contenders enter quarantine

https://rv.racing.com/news/2016-09-30/international-spring-racing-carnival-contenders-enter-quarantine

O'Brien confirmed: "Bondi Beach ran a lovely race on Champions Weekend and goes straight to the Melbourne Cup, where he ran well last year. This has been a long-term idea."

21/9

http://www.independent.ie/sport/horse-racing/bondi-on-track-for-melbourne-as-obrien-plots-order-arc-bid-35066053.html
Report Paterson92 October 4, 2016 12:10 AM BST
Best of luck sintonian! And thanks very much for that update Madhu, that's one less to worry about!
Report ffs October 4, 2016 11:19 PM BST
A lot of good runners,

OoStG: must be questions about him after a v laboured performance in the Irish Leger, Frankie just fired him home in the Arc under an excellent ride - wouldn't be so sure he could replicate it in the step back up in trip
Report ffs October 4, 2016 11:21 PM BST
Simple Verse, Forgotten Rules look to be primed for this
Report ffs October 5, 2016 5:49 PM BST
Actually - on further inspection - Order of St. George - will take the world of beating, how could he not !?

The Leger run was expected to be a win, but he could only have been being brought on,
Report ffs October 6, 2016 3:05 PM BST
A lot of cutting Order of St George, wonder what's up !?
Report ffs October 9, 2016 2:08 AM BST
Nice Turftrax for Order of St George, any weather will do him fine, can't believe the price he's still up at
Report Paterson92 October 9, 2016 8:51 AM BST
If I could be certain he will run, I would be having a good bit on. At this point and given the money that's came over the last week I think he will. It would make sense for this to be his last race of the season and skip the Melbourne Cup (Bondi Beach heading there).
Report ffs October 9, 2016 10:06 PM BST

Oct 9, 2016 -- 2:51AM, Paterson92 wrote:

If I could be certain he will run, I would be having a good bit on. At this point and given the money that's came over the last week I think he will. It would make sense for this to be his last race of the season and skip the Melbourne Cup (Bondi Beach heading there).

Their Aus horses have left and are in quarantine now in Aus - it's a two-step process, you quarantine at an approved premises then you go to a facility in Werribee,

The AO'B horses are already there

Report ffs October 9, 2016 10:10 PM BST
https://www.racing.com/videos/2016-10-09/sir-isaac-works-at-werribee
Report ffs October 9, 2016 10:47 PM BST
Actually - just reading more about it now, not quite so sure about the quarantine requirements,

But Order of St George OUT of the Melbourne Cup, didn't take up First Declaration (after being in first nominations)

The schedule is:

First Nominations (Fee $1650) - Tuesday (Midday) August 30
Late Nominations (Fee $5500) - Tuesday (Midday) September 6
Handicaps Declared - Tuesday (Midday) September 13
First Declarations (Fee $2640) - Tuesday (Midday) October 4
Second Declarations (Fee $4620) - Monday (10am) October 24
Final Declarations (Fee $49,500) - Saturday (4.30pm) October 29

You can read more here:

http://www.racingbase.com.au/category/group-1-races/melbourne-cup-nominations-20160714-0001/
Report Madhu October 9, 2016 11:39 PM BST
Quarantine details of first and second group-

https://www.racenet.com.au/news/126682/2016-Melbourne-Spring-Carnival-horses-in-quarantine

https://www.racing.com/news/2016-09-30/final-eight-enter-european-quarantine
Report ffs October 10, 2016 5:40 PM BST
tx Madhu, was curious about the exact rules,

David Redvers is thinking about taking Simple Verse to the Fillies and Mares instead if George lines up,

Read here:

http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/46343/order-of-st-george-leads-the-way-for-aidan-obrien-in-long-distance-cup
Report sintonian October 10, 2016 8:41 PM BST
They must have always believed OOSG would likely run here. To run her back over 12f just to avoid him seems pointless given she's up against it at that trip.
Report ffs October 10, 2016 9:03 PM BST

Oct 10, 2016 -- 2:41PM, sintonian wrote:

They must have always believed OOSG would likely run here. To run her back over 12f just to avoid him seems pointless given she's up against it at that trip.

I don't know - she's the reining champ in the F+M, and she's never gone 2m !? seems v reasonable to me

Report ffs October 10, 2016 9:06 PM BST
and OOSG was pouring it on at the end of 2m4 soft, able to drop back to 12f Fast, the horse is phenomenal,

wd to spotters who figured he had an Arc run in him
Report ReaseHeath October 10, 2016 9:16 PM BST
If OoSG brings his Ascot Gold Cup form or his Arc form he wins but it was n't so long ago he was beaten by Wicklow Brave off levels (appreciate it was a prep race) and it's only 13 days after a hard race in a Group One.

Simple Verse just looks better the further she goes to me, dunno what their plans are but they could campaign her as a Cup horse next year if she runs well over 2 miles here.

I also think her presence here would enhance this race more than her absence from the Fillies and Mares would detract from that one.

Looks like their get out clause is that this is n't a Group One.
Report ffs October 12, 2016 11:49 PM BST
Just watched the Park Hill and can't see what the fuss is about - reading the comments I was expecting a wonder-show, but Pretty Perfect collapsed after the gallop they set, and Simple Verse was barely checked in a race always likely to be won from behind,

I see now why David Redvers would rather go for the F+M, taking on a horse like George Laugh
Report ffs October 12, 2016 11:50 PM BST
and Seamie weighed in 1lb over, so she stole two races at that track ..
Report FELTFAIR October 15, 2016 1:10 PM BST
Hard to oppose Order of St George but have had a fanciful place only on Suegioo at 8-1 (4 places)
Report impossible123 October 4, 2020 5:07 PM BST
Stradivarius ran a creditable race in the ARC. Will he pitch up here for some prize money? Enbihaar has been retired, and this could be too early for Logician just back after a life-threatening illness. He's 13/8 best price.
Report giggitygiggity October 5, 2020 6:21 PM BST
Anyone see Stradivarius' boner before the race?! Hard to win an ARC with your d1ck scraping along the ground Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com