Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
RozelKid
14 Sep 16 15:12
| Topic/replies: 3,874 | Blogger: RozelKid's blog
Any Ante Post ideas of potential runners and value ?

Dont know of any forfeit stages yet , would appreciate being enlightened by fans of this race.
Pause Switch to Standard View 2016 Cesarewitch
Show More
Report Fabulous September 14, 2016 4:30 PM BST
Hi Rozel, that's the latest forfeit stage just passed.

My main fancies were Grumeti & All Set To Go. All Set To Go didn't survive the forfeit, taking a few quid of mine with it.

Got Grumeti 50's ew, and up to 90's on here, and I've added The Minch 40's ew 5 places, and a small saver on Quick Jack at 16's ew, and a few quid over the 20's on here.

Love this race, though I think 3 running for me at this stage is more than enough lol
Report Madhu September 14, 2016 10:05 PM BST
RozelKid the forfeit stages are always listed under the ‘Rules’ icon. At some early forfeit stages you do not get to know who is still in until the following day after around midday but at later the Confirmation Of Entry Stage you can get them soon after. If you happen to be on the edge wanting to know if your horse is still in it is better to check Odds checker as Betfair ordinarily operates at snail’s pace.

12pm, 27th September - Forfeit Stage
12pm, 3rd October - Confirmation Of Entry Stage

Sea Of Heaven is my first arrow. Sir Mark Prescott‘s other possible runner St Michel, the short-priced favourite, with around a stone in hand after his Doncaster Cup run, will need a lot of luck to get in.
Report RozelKid September 17, 2016 7:07 PM BST
Great minds Fab - Ive had Jim Goldie's "The Minch" in my notebook for sometime - here he is a recent pic of him

If there was ever a race for The Minch then i think this would be it.

Ive got 2 on my list so far  : The Minch 40/1 & The Twisler 66/1 with preference for the former.
Report Fabulous September 18, 2016 1:44 AM BST
Great photo Rozel, hope you had a wee word with him Happy about this race.
Report impossible123 September 19, 2016 5:16 PM BST
I need help here not having taken part since getting chinned on the line by Testa (I think) - a fast finishing 3rd - for a tricast in the 1983 race won by Bajan Sunshine with Popsi's Joy 2nd - my other selection, Mayotte, was leading but got caught on the line for 3rd place.

The horses that ring a bell from the last National Hunt season are Starchitect, Lil Rockefeller and Silver Concorde - are they worth a 'punt' for this final big race to close the flat season?
Report Montoria September 20, 2016 12:07 PM BST
RozelKid,

don't bet antepost on Twis, he's 50-50 to turn up....nothing amiss, we've not made our mind up yet.
Report RozelKid September 20, 2016 1:41 PM BST
Its ok Mont - i've only had a small interest ew on "The Minch" - if the Twis does turn up ......id imagine you would hope that he would do a "Mudawin" for the Trainer - remember that one in the Ebor?
Report woodmanchester September 26, 2016 11:10 PM BST
16/1 Quick Jack each-way, pour moi
Report ashleigh September 28, 2016 3:45 PM BST
had a rare anti-post bet on sweet sensation at 25/1, impressed with the newbury win, but will she get in.?
Report ashleigh September 28, 2016 4:22 PM BST
heartbreak city will not run, going for the melbourne cup.
Report RozelKid September 28, 2016 4:53 PM BST
is "The Twisler" and "The Minch" still entered?
Report Madhu September 28, 2016 4:58 PM BST
yep
Report betilyerded September 28, 2016 8:06 PM BST
Starchitect was an e/w punt at 16-1 when the book opened but no surprise to see it being cut now it looks like it will get a run. His chance is obvious and as he appears to go on all ground I think he is a player. A decent draw and he will doubtless go off favourite.

However, I do think Nakeeta is definitely worth a second look at 25-1.
Interesting how he improved stepped up in trip on easy ground last backend, landing two decent Haydock handicaps.
He ran a cracker first time up in the Chester Cup. Despite running wide for most of the race he put in a sustained finishing effort proving at least the trip wont be an issue.
He was badly hampered a number of times in the AW plate, got no room in his next race at York then ran well on quick ground both at Ascot and more latterly at York, where he was cantering turning in and finished well clear of all the others who raced prominently, just to get nailed by the well handicapped Oceane.
He has crept up in the handicap but just feel he is improving all the time, has been aimed at the race and think the end to end gallop of the Ces - possibly on easier ground that he has had all year - will really suit, particularly if Clifford Lee gets another chance to take some weight of his back and make amends for too positive a ride last time.

I dont like picking two horses from the same race but I also like Silver Concord also at 25-1 who also ran well in the Chester Cup and was given a very strange ride last time in Ireland - take a peak and you will see what I mean. Prob didnt get home in soft ground at Royal Ascot where he was badly hampered and the front runner dominated. Holds no entries over in the two Irish races he ran in last backend so presumably this is this target. They are my two shots this year.

I was all over Oriental Fox last year and could see him going well again this year. Will be interesting to see if the cash comes for him on the day again.

GL all.
Report Facts October 2, 2016 9:11 AM BST
Quick Jack has a touch of class. On his day he's very good. Hence the weight allotted ! But has run so well to finish very close in the last two running of this race. 14/1 taken.
Report Fabulous October 2, 2016 9:54 AM BST
Went for Jack a few weeks ago facts, and still managed to not bet him when he won last time. Good luck with him, I think he's got a strong chance of making the frame at the very least.
Report IrisDeBalme October 2, 2016 10:38 AM BST
For me my main bet by far is STARCHITECT Jump trainers have done well in recent years... and have sided with Pipe on this one - I have backed this horse over the last month and sure he hopes he makes the cut

Had some small on bets on Jardines pair SHREWD and NAKEETA... @25s not sure if one or both turn up but are good horses... and worth having on the shortlist

The other that interests me is ORIENTAL FOX will look later in the week for bigger prices... but last year he was 25/1 in the morning and got backed into 7s, and he ran a blinder... the most unpredictable trainer on the field... but they knew something that day... and will be intrigued to see what happens when this hors lines up.

Good Luck.
Report Bloggsville October 3, 2016 1:38 PM BST
57 remain, Fun Mac the new top weight, #34 is Perceus, St Michel is #37 so should get in
Report RozelKid October 3, 2016 3:20 PM BST
The Minch still in i hope - would just like to see him run
Report Facts October 3, 2016 3:26 PM BST
Quick Jack out Sad
Report Bloggsville October 3, 2016 4:17 PM BST
The Minch is #22 so in
Report lead on October 3, 2016 8:04 PM BST
On The Minch myself but Jim's have been running pretty poorly in recent weeks...however he's got a "wee chance"
Report Can't Catch Me October 3, 2016 9:08 PM BST
Itching to back St Michel, but still think it's going to be close whether he gets in or not.
Report Callisto-moon October 4, 2016 11:57 AM BST
Nothing can beat st mic
Report Callisto-moon October 4, 2016 12:01 PM BST
I think enough will cone out for the saint
Report Facts October 4, 2016 12:01 PM BST
That's a brave or foolish statement !
Report Bloggsville October 4, 2016 1:37 PM BST
the 3 just above St Michel are all easy to back, Golden Spear Moonmeister and Perceus, as are Leah Freya and Mistiroc which might be an indication that they are all less than certain to turn up.  So I, too, think St Michel will scrape in
Report Callisto-moon October 4, 2016 1:54 PM BST
It will get in and win.
Positive.
Report 1st time poster October 4, 2016 2:11 PM BST
wouldnt have thought the wide open spaces of newmarket would suit the saint,hangs like a gate doesnt he, ?
Report Tascro October 4, 2016 3:36 PM BST
Who do we know for sure above st michel is certain not to run? Fingers crossed he sneaks in
Report Bloggsville October 5, 2016 5:59 PM BST
Lil rockerfeller is off to Chepstow but was only #44 here
Report The Headmaster October 6, 2016 10:28 AM BST
Tony Martin's had a few people away it seems
Report Montoria October 6, 2016 11:07 AM BST
i've just received provisional entries and I think Saint will get in.....I reckon the Decs will go down to Champagne Champ.
Report unclepuncle October 6, 2016 11:08 AM BST
^ Find that very hard to believe.Devil
Report unclepuncle October 6, 2016 11:09 AM BST
^My comment was about Tony Martin putting people away.
Report ashleigh October 6, 2016 11:19 AM BST
st michel gets in, drawn 32.
Report Facts October 6, 2016 12:09 PM BST
St Michel still a good bet at 6/1. I also like trainers other runner Sea Of Heaven at 14/1, who will relish the distance and the ground conditions.These two drawn on opposite sides of the huge field - should be interesting ! Happy
Good luck
Report Madhu October 6, 2016 1:35 PM BST
The Headmaster and unclepuncle.

I don’t know about Tony Martin having a few people away but it so happened a few days ago I took a few little punts on some that were out of line (Seismos, Gabrials Star and Golden Spear) by a fair way and a few days later the RP was writing about St Michel getting in and Tony Martin only having 2 runners, with his others running in the Irish Cesarewitch and the kin RP had Tom Marquand jocked up on Pyromaniacor the other one (?), and so I more or less greened out on Golden Spear.

At least my main hope Sea of Heaven is drawn low and has Andrea Atzeni. I would like to think I’d have hit it off if it was softer ground a few years ago with De Rigueur ridden by him.

Golden Spear 110 £3.00 £327.00
Ref: 76125502450 Matched: 00:09 03-Oct-16
Golden Spear 110 £6.60 £719.40
Golden Spear 130 £5.00 £645.00
Golden Spear 140 £1.40 £194.60

Lay (Bet Against)
Golden Spear 150 £0.49 £73.01
Ref: 76210870742 Matched: 18:17 04-Oct-16
Golden Spear 150 £9.51 £1,416.99
Ref: 76210870742 Matched: 17:09 04-Oct-16
Report liberator of the oppressed October 6, 2016 7:17 PM BST
Wot was Birchys lump everything on selection?
Report Can't Catch Me October 6, 2016 7:44 PM BST
I greatly respect St Michel, but you'd have to be worried about the draw wouldn't you?

On a line through Burmese there isn't a great deal between him and The Cashel Man yet the latter is drawn nicely and treble the price. Will do for me ew at 18/1 four places and 16/1 five places.
Report The Headmaster October 7, 2016 10:04 AM BST
Normally I would be gravely concerned about that draw (unless Dettori was on as he has a history of beating the draw at various tracks) - but there has been a stands side advantage at HQ over the last few meetings so as long as they don't lose too much ground round the bend, getting over to the near side might actually be ok for the high numbers (if someone's brave enough to give it a go)
Report Can't Catch Me October 7, 2016 8:16 PM BST
Is The Cashel Man pricewise? Price collapsing.
Report PJay October 7, 2016 8:34 PM BST
Ben Linfoot selected it. Tom went for Sea of Heaven.
Report Madhu October 7, 2016 8:56 PM BST
Big massa has the t wat gone for Sea Of Heaven? All I see now is doom. Cry
Report Facts October 7, 2016 10:36 PM BST
Yep. Agreed, the guesser tipping one's selection can often mean the ' kiss of death' .
But the horse has no idea the loser has picked them.
So keep the faith Happy
Report unclepuncle October 8, 2016 9:17 AM BST
Montaly and Grumeti for me.

GL all.
Report thegibbons October 8, 2016 10:57 AM BST
LEAH FREYA.
I hope to see this well drawn mare
  outrun her 80/1 odds
             80/1 6 places
               hillywillysSilly
Report FELTFAIR October 8, 2016 11:46 AM BST
Fun time. Combination tricast and forecast.

Fun Mac
Oriental Fox
Mill Springs
Montaly
Sweet Selection
St Michel

and each way singles.
Report PJay October 8, 2016 12:31 PM BST
No pick for me this year. A bit frustrating but nothing stands out at the prices. Am looking forward to seeing how it pans out.
Report dunlaying October 8, 2016 12:47 PM BST
I have thrown a couple of quid e/w at Angel Gabrial. His Chester run showed that he still has the ability to win a nice handicap.
Report Steamship October 8, 2016 1:41 PM BST
The Cashel Man at 13 and Modem at 60
Report Big Black Cat October 8, 2016 2:12 PM BST
Yorkidding and Shrewd win and place for me at 70/75

GL everyone
Report PJay October 8, 2016 2:15 PM BST
First Mohican at 80.0
Report unclepuncle October 8, 2016 2:15 PM BST
I expect some (maybe all) will come over to the stands side.
Report RozelKid October 8, 2016 3:15 PM BST
Going to be interesting to see how William Carson gets on with Jim Goldie's horse "The Minch".

Currently 40/1 in most places - its a speculative choice for me but i thinks its worth a go for interests sake - small stakes.

The horse just intrigues me over a staying trip like this

also had a few quid on last years 2nd Oriental Fox at 16s

GL all
Report Millerracing67 October 8, 2016 4:17 PM BST
Small play on Sweet Selection @ 9.8
Gd luck lads.
Report PJay October 8, 2016 4:33 PM BST

Oct 8, 2016 -- 8:15AM, PJay wrote:

First Mohican at 80.0

Fine race but no beating the well in winner. Nice "rare antepost bet" ashleigh.

Report Deltâ October 8, 2016 4:42 PM BST
The Minch and Leah Freya  - both RIP Sad
Report Facts October 8, 2016 5:01 PM BST
WD winners. Well handicapped winner. The other one was given an appalling ride Sad
Report fife October 8, 2016 5:39 PM BST
The guesser had a fantastic day today FactsDevil
Report Deltâ October 8, 2016 5:48 PM BST
Lydia [RUK} changed her mind now - The Minch not RIP now off to Vets Hospital
Report Facts October 8, 2016 7:22 PM BST
fife

There's a lot of 'days' in a year. A stopped clock etc ..
Report thegibbons October 9, 2016 3:17 AM BST
Its so sad about LEAH FREYA Sad
  Really liked that horse.Sad
  Terrible for all involved with her.
Report IrisDeBalme October 9, 2016 8:07 AM BST
Well done winners (and pricewise backers... thought he tipped well there.)

Anyway, thought CASHEL MEAD was a unlucky horse there - not sure he was interfered by in running but was way out the back - the trainer was expecting him to run well... but I'm sure he would have been disappointed how far back he had to come to nab 4th...

Will follow this horse next time...
Report Millerracing67 October 9, 2016 12:20 PM BST
Excellent ride from SDS, got the filly into a great early slot from a difficult draw.
The perfect ride & jock for her, as she keeps finding for pressure, very game, & was aided by the loose horse as she led far enough out for an uphill finish.
Report fife October 9, 2016 2:55 PM BST
That's true Facts I was only being mischievous though I don't see any reason to denigrate the man who is just doing a job and does not seem like a scumbag unlike some of them.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com