Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unclepuncle
18 Mar 16 17:42
| Topic/replies: 6,444 | Blogger: unclepuncle's blog
With Cheltenham virtually over about time we started looking to the start of the flat season.

No idea what the running plans are but an initial perusal of the entries has me considering Mutarakez and Mitraad.
Show More
Report SOULDANCER March 18, 2016 6:47 PM GMT
Bet on this about a month ago. Always look at Fahey first, but this year dead-heat with David O'Meara. Last year's thread I mentioned Mondialiste would be a danger to all looking at O'Meara's record in this and consolation race.
  I've bet RIGHT TOUCH 20-1 e.w. [Fahey], though never raced over a mile, looks like he could get it though,could improve a bit.
LORD OF THE LAND 20-1 E.W.[O'Meara], bit more on this one. Ex-French, like Mondialiste, won 4 out of 9, goes well fresh'
  Only bet 365 went 25's, lasted all of 2 days, I dithered, went 20's, nobody on here wanted to lay it at that price.
  Big stables will have their dangers,maybe Fahey saying last year'they'll have to bring their A Game' will have sharpened their minds, who knows?
  Percentage call for me is Fahey and O'Meara who also has MARAAKIB, I like, down in trip but does look an improver. But may not make the cut.
Report Facts March 18, 2016 11:36 PM GMT
Not looked yet. But getting excited about the Flat Season and all the glorious big Handicaps !
Report SOULDANCER March 22, 2016 7:35 PM GMT
Fahey stable tour on Sporting Life site. Mentions his Lincoln runners which is the way I see their chances. RIGHT TOUCH being aimed at race, nice to know. Had some more on him with b365 at 20-1, most firms 16-1, aiming to lay off this closer to race, probably get injured but that's risk.
Report RBoyd86 March 22, 2016 7:38 PM GMT
if mitraad is trained for the race he'll win.
Report Facts March 22, 2016 8:41 PM GMT
KEYSTROKE looks good to me.
Report FELTFAIR March 22, 2016 8:50 PM GMT
Identified five to look at, decision to be made next week.

Master The World
Birdman
You`re Fired
Chil The Kite
Storm Rock.
Report king_james18 March 23, 2016 9:21 PM GMT
mitraad gallops tomorrow to see if he is forward enough to run
Report Stephen_G March 24, 2016 3:30 PM GMT
I was down at Newmarket the other weekend on the Discover newmarket tour and visited Haggas yard as part of it. They came to a horse and said if they can keep it sound it will win some good races, took a pic of the name and it was Mitraad. Its obviously had its issues but they really like the horse.
Report Cliftonhill Albion March 24, 2016 6:35 PM GMT
I was down at Newmarket the other weekend on the Discover newmarket tour

Was thinking on going on one of these tours. What was it like? Any good?

Cheers
Report Stephen_G March 24, 2016 10:59 PM GMT
Aye thought it was brilliant. Start off up warren hill gallops watching 2nd lot then onto a trainers yard which they let you know who about a week before and then onto the national stud which is really interesting. Toronado is currently there although you don't get close to the stallions. Defo recommend for all racing fans. Went to the museum afterwards as well which was interesting.
Report RBoyd86 March 25, 2016 4:06 AM GMT

Mar 24, 2016 -- 5:59PM, Stephen_G wrote:

Aye thought it was brilliant. Start off up warren hill gallops watching 2nd lot then onto a trainers yard which they let you know who about a week before and then onto the national stud which is really interesting. Toronado is currently there although you don't get close to the stallions. Defo recommend for all racing fans. Went to the museum afterwards as well which was interesting.

was told the same thing on 10th july 15 at around 5.6..... PH was not a popular man next start

Report RBoyd86 March 25, 2016 4:55 AM GMT
money around so waiting if G went well but would rather check
Report Tascro March 26, 2016 12:38 AM GMT
Any word on the Mitraad gallop? all systems go for lincon?
Report FELTFAIR March 28, 2016 4:31 PM BST
Identified five to look at, decision to be made next week.

Master The World
Birdman
You`re Fired
Chil The Kite
Storm Rock.

Four still left in,draw and jockey booking to come.
Report unclepuncle March 28, 2016 6:48 PM BST
Still interested in my first two picks but still not sure on running plans for either (both Hamdan horses) so Express Himself is another I like but will wait till decs and draw.
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 28, 2016 11:29 PM BST
Had a good go at this handicap as i try to do with most early closers.

Lord of the Land 10/1 this morning (that same independent they call Chizzy's stand out on two lol) plus 12 and 14/1 bets
Mutarakez 16/1 + 20/1 chizzy's again lol
Bravo Zolo 20/1
Mitraad 10/1, was my first play in the race, not convinced by him or the price no more
Udododontu 14/1 again first play in the race, not overly confident
Master of the World 25/1, still available in some places but if taking price with baldys word of warning, watch that bald C make sure price is circled and initialed if placing in one of their retail establishments Shocked

Altogether promising to be an ok looking book by raceday. I will add Express Himself if getting 20/1 tomorrow morning. 18/1 should be fine but am not a fan of opening new betting accounts just to be shut down should my one selection win (bet- bright, spoils, etc that are 20/1) i see chizzys are 18s Crazy
Report Facts March 29, 2016 11:34 AM BST
Ryan Moore booked for Brave Zolo is significant  imo.
Report thegibbons March 29, 2016 1:38 PM BST
Storm rock backed it at 25s because it should get its ground (easy) + the money has realy
started to come for this one.
+ read on another site that a chap claiming to know the owners reckon its got :A big big chance:
so have gone in again at 20s
                               good luck everybody.
Report morpteh mackem March 29, 2016 3:39 PM BST
storm rock napped in today r and fo by berkshire tipster
Report Saritamer March 29, 2016 9:19 PM BST
Express Himself really seemed to be improving at end of last season and has an impressive turn of foot with cut in the ground. Maybe better round a bend as has worrying tendency to dwell at the start but taking the chance that improvement continues.
Report Facts March 30, 2016 12:50 PM BST
Mitraad out of the race
Report metro john March 30, 2016 6:26 PM BST
I like the e/w chances of EARTH DRUMMER
Report metro john March 30, 2016 6:38 PM BST
50s available for small money in the officesWink
Report Facts March 31, 2016 9:54 AM BST
What's the maximum field size for The Lincoln ?
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 31, 2016 10:10 AM BST
I'm sure it is 22 facts
Report IrisDeBalme March 31, 2016 10:41 AM BST
OCEAN TEMPEST 33/1 for me

He won few years back - interesting they haven't sent him to Meydan this year - on 9-2 - Frankie on board... its a eye catching booking for me... as Im sure there were others he could ride
Report Facts March 31, 2016 11:05 AM BST
Thanks STS
Report unclepuncle March 31, 2016 11:51 AM BST
Well having decided, for the first time in my betting life, to wait until final decs instead of going in antepost, I have missed the 20/1 I could have had on Mutakarez and Express Himself so will have to look elsewhere now.Cry

Secret Brief @ 25/1 it is.
Report Facts March 31, 2016 1:35 PM BST
Took the risk with Brave Zolo ante post , so happy with that.
Have also backed Mutarakez
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 March 31, 2016 5:23 PM BST
A bit annoyed i've backed 2 nonners, but my book should give me an ok return for my not a lot of work lol Crazy

Added Birdman at 20s with Battle of Marathon at 33s and Youre Fired at 25s early this morning.

Current book at 40% giving a place book of not quite 140% out of 400% (4 places paid)

Can't wait for the race now Excited it's like Cheltenham lol Crazy although i am 2 stakes down which do impact possible profits but as long as it stays at 2 it's perfectly manageable.

Good luck to all
Report nocturnal April 1, 2016 12:33 AM BST
Not for the faint hearted,soft ground,early doors,top 18 rated 100 or above,classy renewal.

If the going is correct,recent trend has favoured those drawn low for win purpose on softer ground,whether they split remains debateable and is another part of the conundrum.

Nothing since 2004 carried more than 9-4lb to victory.

Beach Bar drawn centre,has some soft ground form, been running really well Meydan,struggling to see any other confirmed frontrunner in the race,if he sets the pace as expected,tough nut to crack.

The other one I keep coming back to....Man Of Harlech,drawn 3 on the far side,his last two runs on the AW have both been eyecatching.

His form with soft in the going....1,3,1.....he wore a hood at lingfield for the first time,back on sat,hopefully that was a sighter to see how he reacted.

Has run well at the track,straight mile should be up his street,strictly on the form book,his run behind Grendisar,OR 112,reads really well for this race.

Fitness guaranteed,has every chance at the weights.

GL ALL
Report dunlaying April 1, 2016 3:17 PM BST
I think the race looks impossible but on his best form Fire Ship is dropped in. He goes on the ground , gets the trip and has a good jockey. Because of market support I have backed him but he appears unreliable.
Report Shaboombaby April 1, 2016 9:10 PM BST
YOU'RE FIRED seems like it may run a big race at around 20s
Report Facts April 1, 2016 10:58 PM BST
Thread has named at least 15 of the 22 runners. Should be a winner in there somewhere ?
Report thegibbons April 2, 2016 8:47 AM BST
having looked at the form a million times and having backed storm rock
at 20s an 25s will have a saver on Udododontu who can win if he gets home
on softish ground,with a tip for Donnacha
in the first.
Report Meyer Lansky April 2, 2016 9:55 AM BST
Birdman and Secret Brief for me .

Good luck all
Report FELTFAIR April 2, 2016 11:44 AM BST
Three out of original five left in.

Birdman,You`re Fired and Storm Rock.

Backed e-w.
Report Shrews April 2, 2016 11:50 AM BST
1. Battle Of Marathon
2. Lord Of The Land
3. Rene Mathis

Combination tricast and each/way on Battle Of Marathon (classy type, stamina assured, soft will suit)and each yway on Rene Mathis (hard to see a Fahey out of the frame and this horse has that valuable big handicap record).
Report metro john April 2, 2016 1:34 PM BST
Well Fire Ship is an unbelievable price e/wLove
Report Millerracing67 April 2, 2016 2:41 PM BST
Small interest on Lord of the land @ 7.8 on here. Tough race to call with this ground (near heavy imo)  & he's won on heavy. Gd luck punters.
Report unclepuncle April 2, 2016 2:53 PM BST
Cool
Report Facts April 2, 2016 3:00 PM BST
Cry Thought Bravo Zolo  had it won entering final 1/2 furlong
Report unclepuncle April 2, 2016 3:09 PM BST
Mutarakez ran much better than his finishing position (imo). Pulled hard early on on (first run for 10 months), but still travelled nicely and joined the leaders two out before tiring and being heavily eased once his chance had gone,

He is one I will definitely be interested in next time and should pick up a nice H'cap sometime this season.
Report Facts April 2, 2016 3:39 PM BST
Well done uncle
and ML
Report nocturnal April 3, 2016 9:45 PM BST
VWP Uncle/Lansky.......Nice to see a couple solve the puzzle

Facts....Cry,good shout

Well the 9-4 lb weight ceiling remains intact,winner drawn 22,you just know when you think a low draw required,up steps secret brief.

Very worthy winner,Express Himself another who travelled well,might be a few pounds ahead of his mark back on good ground.
Report stevo1 April 3, 2016 9:52 PM BST
STS backed 10 is that a record or was it 11?
Report stevo1 April 3, 2016 10:09 PM BST
Well done winners btw.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com