Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sir Gary Neville
08 Dec 15 09:20
| Topic/replies: 28,182 | Blogger: Sir Gary Neville's blog
Anyone know what's happening with this animal? Hendo made clear he was going novice chasing and was entered up last month but then not been seen and no further entries.
Show More
Report Sir Gary Neville December 15, 2015 10:02 AM GMT
Good news it's not an injury but I'd be a bit concerned over the 'at the earliest' given NH's apparent fear of running his best horses:

Grade One-winning hurdler L'Ami Serge will not make his eagerly-awaited debut over fences until the new year at the earliest.

Connections of the talented five-year-old, who features prominently in the betting for the Arkle Trophy, have been forced to delay his chasing debut after he picked up a chest infection.

Last seen out finishing fourth behind Douvan in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival in March, the Nicky Henderson-trained gelding had previously struck at the top level after capturing the Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown in January.

Assistant trainer Charlie Morlock said : "He had a little hold up. It was just a health thing. He got pretty close to having his first run, then he just picked up a chest infection so we had to back off him and he is slightly on the back-burner at the moment.

"It will be into the new year when he races, but he is back in full work.

"He is still showing that he has a huge amount of talent."
Report tonkability December 15, 2015 10:27 AM GMT
How long will Jacobs keep the job for owner ?Boinville should have the full gig by now !
Report ReaseHeath December 15, 2015 11:16 AM GMT
I see your point SGN - sequence usually goes something like ' waiting for this dreadful weather to dry up', 'just can't find the right race for him' and finally ' not sure I want to go to the festival with such limited chasing experience'.

Despite the above, I'll try not to be so cynical - theoretically there's still plenty of time to get two chase runs into him before festival week.
Report joevalue147 December 15, 2015 11:17 AM GMT
He's back in full work. Should be out mid jan surely.
Report ReaseHeath December 15, 2015 11:18 AM GMT
^ actually in the case of L'Ami Serge all his winning form is on soft so the first point above should not apply.
Report Sir Gary Neville December 15, 2015 11:43 AM GMT
Hope we see him out soon RH, encouraging he's back in full work at least. Hopefully he'll have had a run by mid to late Jan.
Report shockster December 15, 2015 1:46 PM GMT
Don't want to put a dampner on this for you L'ami fans, but don't you think he's more likely JLT in any case. I was with him last year, but when you look at the bare results it's not that special.  He beat Kilcooley (Stayer) over 2m at Newbury.He then beat Kilultagh Vic (Stayer) over 2m at Ascot. Emerging Talent was upside until falling 2 out also, and he's subsequently been beaten twice at odds on.  He then went and beat Jollys Cracked it who's been beat in 4 Hcps since then and finally was easily beat into 4th behind Douvan at the festival.

Henderson has 2nd Fav Vaniteux already and I can't see why L.Serge should go to the Arkle with 1 and max 2 runs and turn the form around with Douvan and Sizing John, both of whom have already run and won with ease over fences and will both have more experience by the time the Arkle arrives.

I think it makes sense to go JLT as won't be run as fast and he won't be taking on his conquerors of last season.

Just my thoughts.
Report joevalue147 December 15, 2015 2:58 PM GMT
Shockster 100 per cent agree. L'ami Serge looks more a stayer than a speed horse. Look at last years win. The further into his races the more impressive he was becoming. Has to be JLT. Running on in the Supreme lasy year, granted he got to far out of his ground. He just looks more a powerful grinding type than a flashy change of gear type.
Report Can't Catch Me December 15, 2015 7:22 PM GMT
Don't think it will have anything to do with NJH and his other runners though. Simon Munir will be calling the shots, and of his novice chasers L'Ami Serge looks to be the paciest to me. I really don't think think you can say the horse lacks speed, and you want a horse that stays further in the Arkle anyway. I'd agree that everything suggests he will struggle to turn the tables on Douvan, but fences might be the making of him, and nothing went right for him in the Supreme and he still finished 4th.

Bristol de Mai was outpaced in the Henry VIII and he looks a perfect JLT horse for the owners imo. And Vyta du Roc is another who definitely wants at least 2m4f, but seeing how they started him at 2m I reckon he will be a JLT type rather than the RSA. He's trained by NJH as well.

So when you look at what Munir has for the novice races, I think L'Ami Serge stands out as the likeliest Arkle type.
Report Can't Catch Me December 15, 2015 7:31 PM GMT
Vasco du Ronceray another they have that looks a 2m4f plus horse.
Report sintonian December 15, 2015 9:53 PM GMT
Not good for an Arkle ''winner'' to be making there chase debut in the new year though. Would want them have to have 3 runs or more personally. But i'm all in on Vaniteux now.
Report Can't Catch Me December 15, 2015 10:12 PM GMT
Yes on both counts Sint. I'm the same. Early season punt on L'Ami Serge but much more on Vaniteux now.
Report ReaseHeath December 28, 2015 8:28 PM GMT
now entered in 2m 214y Novices' Chase at Plumpton on Sunday, potentially interesting little race at 5 day stage.
Report sintonian December 29, 2015 7:25 PM GMT
Not put off by Vaniteux's run at all btw. Only his second chase start and made a bad bluber at the first fence so ran very well in the circs. NJH also reported after the race he was short of a gallop.
Report sintonian December 29, 2015 7:28 PM GMT
He should pump that lot Rease, receiving 5lb too.
Report sintonian December 29, 2015 7:33 PM GMT
I've covered him for the JLT too now at 20/1. Though he could still be Arkle bound if he completes his prep well enough!
Report ReaseHeath December 29, 2015 8:47 PM GMT
Agree re Vaniteux.

I'd expect L'Ami Serge to win but if two or all of Regal Encore, Willow's Saviour or Aso turn up they'd provide a decent benchmark as they've all been beaten comfortably by potential Arkle contenders.

I note Henderson has Vyta Du Roc (same ownership) and Volnay De Thaix entered in the Dipper at Cheltenham on New Year's Day.

Given L'Ami Serge yet to go beyond 18f in career and time is moving on, I'd think the Arkle is most likely race for him, no bets at all yet for me but I'm definitely not in the camp that thinks Douvan is home and hosed - the only thing we learned about him on Boxing Day is that there's plenty of room for improvement in his jumping.
Report joevalue147 December 31, 2015 12:31 AM GMT
Im confident they will be stepping this lad up in trip this season. Outpaced in the Supreme. Nice starting point sunday.
Report sintonian January 1, 2016 12:28 PM GMT
Looks like he has scared off a lot of the oppo!
Report buddeliea January 2, 2016 1:27 PM GMT
He will need his swimming gear,absolutely chucking it down.
Could well be off....that will please his trainer!!
Report sintonian January 2, 2016 2:58 PM GMT
Will be off with the forecast ahead Cry
Report joevalue147 January 3, 2016 1:17 PM GMT
Wow.........  What a jumper........   Love
Report FELTFAIR January 3, 2016 6:21 PM GMT
Over 20% for your money today.
Report ReaseHeath January 3, 2016 10:16 PM GMT
worth a read if you have n't seen it:

http://www.racinguk.com/news/article/40044/lami-serge-stars-at-plumpton-before-rain-forces-abandonment
Report sintonian January 4, 2016 9:11 PM GMT
Looked good but hard to take much from it. Amazed Douvan is 4/5 when you have two classy opponents in Vaniteux & Lami Serge. EW doubles with Yanworth for me. Excited
Report buddeliea January 5, 2016 7:51 AM GMT
I ain't amazed Sint......the amount of Mullins obsessers seems to be growing every year.
Good though,value elsewhere is much appreciated.
Report Sir Gary Neville January 11, 2016 3:42 PM GMT
Entered at Wetherby on Saturday for those who are interested. Good to see as needs some more experience. Also nice to see Seven Brandies Hendo has realised there are racetracks north of Birmingham that host novice chases instead of moaning about the lack of suitable race in the programme.
Report impossible123 January 12, 2016 9:12 AM GMT
The market for Vaniteux has been consistently firm but the same cannot be said about L'Ami Serge, the other Henderson horse, and yesterday's statement from its trainer on the latter did not definitively indicate the Arkle was its only target or otherwise. The $64k question is.....will it be re-routed to the JLT especially with the present 'fav' not an accomplished jumper with stamina questionable? On the other hand Vaniteux does not appear to stay further than 16f on appearance.
Report Sir Gary Neville January 12, 2016 10:15 AM GMT
Do you mean this one impossible? Maybe it's the way it was pitched but reads like Arkle I'd have thought? Depends what he means with 'for now' I suppose.

Nicky Henderson has no intention of stepping L'Ami Serge up in trip for the time being after nominating the Lightning Novices' Chase at Doncaster as a potential target.

The Grade One-winning hurdler made an impressive winning debut over fences at Plumpton earlier this month, on his first start since finishing fourth in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle at Cheltenham last March.

Following that victory, which saw him trimmed by most firms into second-favourite for the Arkle, the Seven Barrows handler indicated a trip to Town Moor could now be in store for the six-year-old for the Grade Two prize on January 30, a race he last won back in 2012 with Kid Cassidy.

Henderson said: "L'Ami Serge came out of Plumpton in very good form.

"To jump as he did out of that ground was very pleasing.

"For now I think he wants to stay at that trip and there's a race at Doncaster (Lightning) at the end of the month for him."
Report Can't Catch Me January 12, 2016 10:30 AM GMT
I'd say its beyond doubt the horse is going to run in the Arkle myself!
Report impossible123 January 12, 2016 10:34 AM GMT
Sir Gary Neville

A knight on this forum - much appreciated !

Yes, the above do not rule out another entry for L'Ami Serge entirely; the sustained support for Henderson's other runner, Vaniteux, and L'Ami Serge's ability to deal with Douvan over 16f (Arkle) after a late start campaign could be enough to sway Henderson later on; L'Ami Serge is classy and the JLT is there for the taking too the way he dispensed with KV last season.
Report ReaseHeath January 12, 2016 10:46 AM GMT
For what it's worth, Anthony Bromley in his guise as racing manager to Munir and Souede gave 'L'Ami Serge - Arkle' as his best hope for the Festival when interviewed at Doncaster last week. Vaniteux is in different ownership so I don't see that has any bearing unless he is faster than Serge on the gallops and NJH advises L'Ami Serge connections accordingly.

The entry at Wetherby muddies the waters slightly little but perhaps that's seen as a potential opportunity to get more match practice in a small field easy race.

They've said Arkle all along - I know Henderson has form for changing his mind but, to me, expecting/hoping that he turns up in JLT is a leap of faith at this stage.

I've not backed him in either race so makes no difference to me, just an opinion.
Report ReaseHeath January 12, 2016 10:51 AM GMT
Also, it's been covered above I think - but same owners potentially have Vyta Du Roc (beaten at Donny last week but NJH not disappointed)and Bristol De Mai for JLT.

The fact that they employ racing manager and retained jockey suggests they like to call the shots and so, even if NJH might prefer JLT, if M&S want himto go to Arkle that's where he'll run.
Report Sir Gary Neville January 12, 2016 11:07 AM GMT
Getting Hendo to say what he actually plans to do with his horses is like nailing jelly to the wall (not sure he even knows half the time) but I think it's much more likely to run in the Arkle. If so 10/1 is a decent ew bet I think, hard not to like Douvan but think you have to take him on at the prices, especially given how short he could end up after winning the Irish Arkle. If so it could easily be a field of 10 runners or so at Cheltenham (11 last year when UDS dominated the mkt) in which case 10/1 with 1/4 first three on L'Ami Serge could be looking very good, especially if he impresses at Donny (equally if he doesn't then it'll probably look a **** bet but that's ante-post betting!).
Report impossible123 January 13, 2016 6:25 PM GMT
Money for L'Ami Serge (finally) - how quickly the market can change.
Report stevo1 January 14, 2016 12:24 AM GMT
Sir Gary think you correct,wouldnt trust him too much.
Report joevalue147 January 15, 2016 9:33 PM GMT
Interesting that he's running over 2miles 3.5 furlongs tomorrow on heavy ground. If he's strong at the finish tomorrow then maybe the JLT will be the target. I'm still not convinced that they are keen to take on Douvan again after the drubbing they got off him the last time. And if anything Douvan looks to have improved since then for fences. The JLT looks a lot more winnable race. L'ami Serge has already beaten Killutagh Vic easily and possibly could have beaten Shanehill in the supreme last year but for interference in running. I hope Daryl pushes him right out tomorrow to see if he is seeing it out strongly. Ive little doubt he will.
Report joevalue147 January 16, 2016 10:29 AM GMT
Looks like Hendo is dropping him back to 2mile for the Kingmakers at Warwick after today........... Arkle it is so.....Cry
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 January 16, 2016 11:52 AM GMT
How do you know he goes kingmaker after today? Is there an actual article or interview where Hendo has actually said he goes or are you just going off entries of which there is no guarantee?
Report joevalue147 January 16, 2016 11:58 AM GMT
Page 10 in todays racing post.
Report joevalue147 January 16, 2016 12:00 PM GMT
On the upside he did run Long Run in the Kingmaker to get more experience into him and then they ran him in the RSA in Chelt so i live in hope.... :)
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 January 16, 2016 12:57 PM GMT
Well ive backed him for the arkle so we have conflicting interests lol
Report sintonian January 16, 2016 2:57 PM GMT
Looked very tidy today, decent yardstick in second too.
Report soldieroffortune January 16, 2016 8:35 PM GMT
Beautiful looking fellow too sintonian Grin

The horse I mean, not you Laugh

Hope all is well mate.
Report soldieroffortune January 16, 2016 8:43 PM GMT
"That was very good. It wasn´t the plan to make the running, L´Ami Serge was a hold-up horse over hurdles but he jumped well. Nicky (Henderson) wanted to get three runs into him before Cheltenham so this race fitted in well and he´ll now go back to 2m for the Kingmaker at Warwick in four weeks´ time. That shows he got this trip so it gives us the option of the JLT. I´m not saying he´ll run in it, the Arkle is still a possibility, but we now have the choice of the two races" - Anthony Bromley, racing manager to owners Simon Munir and Isaac Souede.
Report ellis January 16, 2016 10:12 PM GMT
Excited
Report impossible123 January 17, 2016 6:45 AM GMT
A re-route is looking increasingly likely?
Report buddeliea January 17, 2016 7:41 AM GMT
Well as I have said before,trainer may well think he has two fair chances of winning two races,and after yesterday when he found out the JLT is a possibility,that belief will have strengthened.
LS and Vaniteux could well be split.
Gonna be interesting what is decided.
Report buddeliea January 17, 2016 7:43 AM GMT
Yes,the owner has others in the JLT entered,but that can change and they are not as good as LS.

Actually,more I think about it,more I think it could happen.
Report impossible123 January 17, 2016 9:33 AM GMT
buddeliea,

Possible reasons for a re-route eg:

1) Arkle trip is too sharp
2) occasional big jump as evidenced in 1st and 2nd race
3) Vaniteux does not stay JLT trip
4) presence of Douvan and Ar Mad hence quick pace anticipated
5) L'Ami Serge proves it stays JLT trip
6) classy and has the beating of KV and Shaneshill
7) the racing manager stated the "Arkle is still a possibility" and not a probability
8) if winning well a tilt over 24f (King George) year end - tempting - and the CGC in 2016 if so

If L'Ami Serge is scratched from the Kingmaker at Warwick in 4 weeks' time it's almost a certainty the JLT then I'd think.
Report buddeliea January 17, 2016 10:37 AM GMT
Don't think he will be scratched as trainer keeps saying he need another run before March.
Not really sure that run would make much difference to his race at the festival.
They know now they have 2 options,and will probably decide near the time.
Report buddeliea January 17, 2016 12:03 PM GMT
Having said that above......if LS were to win the Kingmaker and put in a good performance its hard to see any other race than the Arkle,especially as his trainer has said all along that's his target.
Report sintonian January 17, 2016 2:27 PM GMT
If he runs in the Kingmaker he is Arkle bound. Same route as many of NJH's Arkle horses, most recently Finians Rainbow.

All good thanks Sof. Cool
Report joevalue147 January 17, 2016 7:36 PM GMT
Henderson ran Long Run in the Kingmaker and next race was the RSA!!!!!!!!!  So he'll be running in Warwick for more practice. If Douvan wins the Irish Arkle doing handstands then I cant see them taking him on again.
Report sintonian January 17, 2016 7:40 PM GMT
There was only 10 lengths between them in the Supreme when LS could not breathe properly.
Report roobuck January 17, 2016 8:00 PM GMT
Agree Sint and that's the race he should go for. However have deep suspicion he will go JLT. No money involved from me, hope you get a run for your money
Report sintonian January 17, 2016 8:48 PM GMT
I have a good eachway bet on Vaniteux too, Roo as I backed him after his impressive debut and it was known LS would not run until Jan. However prior to that I backed LS at 14's as you know... So long as one of them arrives with a fighting chance on the day i'll be happy. Be less than 4/1 chance if they do.
Report Can't Catch Me January 17, 2016 8:56 PM GMT
I reckon much will depend on how Bristol de Mai gets on in his Graduation Chase at Market Rasen on Friday. Could be a decent race looking at the entries.
Report joevalue147 January 17, 2016 9:39 PM GMT
Fair point Catch
Report Can't Catch Me January 18, 2016 12:33 PM GMT
“I was very happy with L’Ami Serge when I won on him at Wetherby, which was a good experience for him on very tacky ground,” added Jacob.

“Obviously he got the two and a half miles well that day, and he could be even better with something to give him a lead. He’s versatile so could come back in trip for the Arkle, but all options are open at present.”
Report The Dragon January 18, 2016 1:51 PM GMT
cant see it in the betting for the jlt, 2nd fav for the arkle
Report Can't Catch Me January 18, 2016 2:03 PM GMT
Generally 3rd fav across the board for the JLT Dragon...
Report SEATHESTARS....NO1 January 20, 2016 9:51 AM GMT
Certain to be 2nd or even joint fav if the decision comes that they will run in jlt. My friend is still convinced however that they will go Arkle but after reading the comments both on here and the thread in the official Cheltenham forum i am inclined to have a top up in the any race market at 7s
Report Nightfly January 21, 2016 9:22 AM GMT
must go for The Arkle..never be afraid of one horse. especially over jumps...Bristol De Mai..looks nailed on for the JLT..why would owners run 2 in one race.
Report joevalue147 January 26, 2016 1:06 PM GMT
Brain dead stuff taking on Douvan. Looks like that's what is gonna happen though. Just don't get that strategy. WhY risk him at all in WETHERBY at all only 13 days after his comeback run.  Very very bad decision making here taking on the best horse Rich Ricci has ever had.
Report sintonian January 27, 2016 8:40 PM GMT
Laugh Probably the biggest load of sh1t I have read. For many reasons.
Report soldieroffortune February 12, 2016 9:40 PM GMT
Best wishes to him tomorrow ...... beautiful looking fellow sintonian and he wouldn't have looked out of place at Ballydoyle Love
Report sintonian February 13, 2016 7:59 AM GMT
Disappointing that he will have faced no more than 4 rivals in each of his races but that seems to be the case with every novice chase these days. Fox Norton & Violet Dancer are at least above average yardsticks so I hope he gives them a good beating.
Report RBoyd86 February 13, 2016 8:40 AM GMT
no hiding place with violet dancer in the race, make it a gd honest race
Report buddeliea February 13, 2016 5:47 PM GMT
oh dear!!
Report RBoyd86 February 13, 2016 5:49 PM GMT
lol
Report joevalue147 February 13, 2016 9:07 PM GMT
sintonian what did you make of todays run?  Probably the biggest load of sh1t ive seen from L'ami Serge. For many reasons.   Firstly,  2 miles is too short for him. As it seemed in last years Supreme. Secondly, Nicky Henderson has always said they think he will be better suited by good ground. Thirdly, As predicted by yours truly his habit of doing his little left handed side shuffle just before take off was more pronounced against better horses going at that very fast early gallop. I don't mean to rub it in if you done your doe on him for the Arkle but maybe you might consider the JLT as the race for him now and you can still make a tidy profit on him mate. Keep the faith. Every horse can be forgiven 1 poor run. I just hope he is given a clean bill of health. Tough race for him today.
Report roobuck February 13, 2016 9:16 PM GMT
Owners need to fire 2 arrows at JLT and Vyta du Roc at RSA if comes through Reynoldstown in good shape
Report joevalue147 February 13, 2016 9:51 PM GMT
Highly likely i'd say. They had no issues running Peace and Co and Top Notch in the Truimph last year.
Report sintonian February 13, 2016 10:22 PM GMT
I wouldn't consider backing him for any race after todays race Joe but money is already on.

Gloat away.
Report Ibrahima Sonko February 13, 2016 10:30 PM GMT
You have to weigh up his jumping overall, he is not for me but i he still a decent orse.

You have to honest, has he ever jumped like rabbit before, druugie henderson has a big history of ruining leppers.

Not sure what his price is but he will be much better on good ground.
Report buddeliea February 14, 2016 7:44 AM GMT
Problem is hes fine on soft ground, that was just not good at all,
Maybe hes just not a natural over fences, certainly did not look it yesterday.
Also he clambered over the last suggesting to me he was very tired, so fair chance their was something amiss with him.
Report harry callaghan February 14, 2016 12:16 PM GMT
joevalue147
13 Feb 16 21:07
| Topic/replies: 1,057 | Blogger: joevalue147's blog
sintonian what did you make of todays run?  Probably the biggest load of sh1t ive seen from L'ami Serge. For many reasons.   Firstly,  2 miles is too short for him. As it seemed in last years Supreme. Secondly, Nicky Henderson has always said they think he will be better suited by good ground. Thirdly, As predicted by yours truly his habit of doing his little left handed side shuffle just before take off was more pronounced against better horses going at that very fast early gallop. I don't mean to rub it in if you done your doe on him for the Arkle but maybe you might consider the JLT as the race for him now and you can still make a tidy profit on him mate. Keep the faith. Every horse can be forgiven 1 poor run. I just hope he is given a clean bill of health. Tough race for him today.

what a horrible post this is... i find it quite funny how you are trying to get a victory for your bet in the JLT out of it, when really the horse has folded quicker than a cheap argos tent and finished the race like a rat...

this wasn't his running but for me he never went from an early stage and maybe the problems he has had re-surfaced...he continues to be a horse i find hard to access
Report joevalue147 February 14, 2016 12:32 PM GMT
Relax Harry i was only winding sin up. MY ANTEPOST BET WILL NEITHER MAKE ME OR BREAK ME.   I am glad to hear the horse is fine this morning. Hendo is not ruling out the Arkle. Just shows what a spoofer Antony Bromley is....... :)
Report sintonian February 15, 2016 8:02 PM GMT
A shame Violet Dancer is now out for the season.

NJH is adamant that was not Lami's true running and tbh i'd be inclined to agree, not that i'd back him again for the Arkle/JLT, but he is surely better than that. Trainer compared his homework to Sprinter Sacre before the race. That does sound fanciful as he's the greatest chaser i've seen in my lifetime, but nevertheless, there must be something in it. I can see him winning at Aintree.
Report impossible123 February 18, 2016 2:01 PM GMT
L'Ami Serge (LA) is very weak here for both the Arkle and the JLT; LA is available at 40 and 21 respectively yet no taker for either; if this continues its next outing could perhaps be Aintree rather than Cheltenham.
Report Fashion Fever February 18, 2016 2:05 PM GMT
lami serge was 100 odd wasnt he last week ?
Report impossible123 February 18, 2016 2:14 PM GMT
Fashion Fever

Only two possible races for LA at Cheltenham ie the Arkle or the JLT unless it's supplemented for the Champion Hurdle; LA has been friendless for the Arkle (40) and little change (21) for the JLT since the Kingmaker; if the below par performance was a one-off then its price for the JLT ought to be in single figure as LA is a much more superior horse than either Outlander or BDM in my opinion.
Report sc1883 February 22, 2016 12:09 PM GMT
Hendo confirms to the press today that L'ami Serge is an intended runner in the arkle
Report Can't Catch Me February 22, 2016 12:42 PM GMT
Did he actually say that sc as the quote I read in the RP just said they hadnt ruled anything out? But wondering if that wasn't the whole quote as someone else posted the same as you on the Chelts forum? Cheers
Report sc1883 February 22, 2016 1:02 PM GMT
Scoped the next day and nothing come to light, was right as rain and not a bother on him. Schooled brilliantly prior to Warwick so cannot explain performance. No reason why he shouldn't go to the Arkle along with Vaniteux. Fingers crossed it was just a bad day at the office.
Report sintonian February 22, 2016 7:20 PM GMT
L'Ami Serge
Very, very little came to light after Warwick but if he does what he usually does at home he'll go well. I was watching on the screen at Newbury and I could honestly tell you jumping the second fence it wasn't going right. The way he jumped two days before and you won't see anything like it, he was in Sprinter Sacre's league and then nothing happened at all at Warwick. The only thing we can do is take Warwick out of our minds and pretend it didn't happen; it's not a very satisfactory way to go into it but you've got to have a go unless he tells us something different.
Report joevalue147 February 23, 2016 8:08 PM GMT
He must be a good bet at 6/1 without Douvan considering he would have been cut to  around 6s if he had won the Kingmaker.
Report sintonian February 27, 2016 9:37 PM GMT
yep, deffo not his running there but loathe to bet in the race again. Could be a good angle tho.
Report impossible123 March 11, 2016 7:32 PM GMT
JLT according to betting here.
Report impossible123 March 14, 2016 12:16 PM GMT
Only 7 in the Arkle but LA is not one of them - worth a bet at 12 here in the JLT I'd imagine, if Warwick running is just a blip.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 16, 2016 7:41 PM GMT
And the first time he has run on goodish ground apart from maybe in the supreme last season where he seem outpaced (maybe hampered) and you would think that being by kings theatre he wont mind the better ground, hopefully with nico on board he will jump better.
Report impossible123 March 16, 2016 8:24 PM GMT
Another chance for L'Ami Serge given better ground and 20f.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! March 17, 2016 1:03 PM GMT
Nicky just mentioned he like the good ground
And the £60k bonus if he wins

Wink
Report impossible123 March 17, 2016 1:53 PM GMT
LA's jumping was much better apart from the 2nd last fence, just outstayed by BH and BDM.
Report sintonian March 17, 2016 2:44 PM GMT
yup, probably should have run in the Arkle. Looked knackered at the finish.
Report roobuck March 17, 2016 2:47 PM GMT
Jockey asked for effort far too early and took him to outside that caused him to veer left 2nd last.

Easy to say in hindsight but should have bided his time until after last
Report impossible123 March 17, 2016 4:02 PM GMT
The tank was soon empty after jumping the last, maybe a furlong or two too far in my view - a very run nevertheless, and will back him again on good ground.
Report penzance March 17, 2016 5:59 PM GMT
might be wrong but went 1/3 or 1/5
when he took the lead.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 17, 2016 11:22 PM GMT
Jumped well until the final 2 when tired and Nico probably got too excited into the straight, fine run. Can see jacobs being ditched for Nico, at least with henderson runners.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com