Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
25 Jul 15 20:35
| Topic/replies: 1,977 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
I'm confident Hughes will ride this horse.  Last time out I did back him and lost miserably was plum last and was shocked how badly he ran, but Hughes did warn in the morning paper that the horse needed the run and probably wouldn't win (albeit he didn't expect him to lose that badly),  but did state a different horse would arrive for the Stewards Cup which was the horses main objective a race he won last year so impressively beating the likes of Muthmir, this horse is a group horse in a handicap and deserves a second chance. 

It may be Hughes last ever ride or his last big race ride so Im sure he will be primed for his last hurrah in mind and Cowell is a super trainer.

Im hoping the horse will rediscover his form and end Hughes career on a high

Good Luck
Pause Switch to Standard View RICHARD HUGHES LAST HURRAH -...
Show More
Report sintonian July 25, 2015 9:40 PM BST
5lb higher than when winning last year...battered in 3 runs since and no recent form...leap of faith imo.
Report Facts July 26, 2015 7:35 AM BST
It's certainly on my shortlist !
Report IrisDeBalme July 26, 2015 1:42 PM BST
I wouldn't say it was all a leap of faith... considering his form up to the Stewards Cup - his last run was woeful but camp were pushing against time to have him ready and clearly he was not, and connections admitted that, so we can strike a line through that.

I always feel horses deserve one chance and I think there are some valid excuses with him, and no better trainer than Cowell to do so.

On Momday we will know if he is declared and whether he is fully fit so I have my fingers crossed.
Report IrisDeBalme July 27, 2015 12:59 PM BST
Intrinsic not declared! Damn!
Report Facts July 27, 2015 8:05 PM BST
One off the shortlist !
Report IrisDeBalme July 28, 2015 8:52 AM BST
yes very annoyed - Hughes column in the Wokingham said a different horse will turn up for Stewards but obv horse is not right... shame that

Back to the drawing board for me... although I did have a nibble at Charles Molson @25s has a weight pull with Huntsman close, only a 4 year old, nice weight and from a small yard - albeit needs 6 to come out...

But cant see anything obvious yet in terms of winner!
Report Facts July 28, 2015 9:25 AM BST
I was impressed with Tanzeel last Saturday. If he runs, he must have a good chance.
I like winning sprinters ( last time out) reappearing within 7 days.
Report IrisDeBalme July 28, 2015 9:44 AM BST
Yes similar to Muthmir last year but I think Betfred eased him by a point in the betting to 10s... not sure why but I haven't read anything about his participation but prepared to wait before deciding as I imagine it would be 10/1 the field come Saturday morning...
Report Facts July 28, 2015 10:12 AM BST
Hmm if he runs  - I could see a ' plunge' Similar to the one on Spec.Bid. But hopefully with a very different outcome Cry
Report Facts July 28, 2015 10:13 AM BST
I've risked it  - and  taken the 10/1 !
Report Facts July 29, 2015 5:57 PM BST
The joys of Ante post betting !Cry
Report IrisDeBalme July 29, 2015 10:05 PM BST
Yeah.. thought B3tfred had a inkling - not like them to ease a horse when its been backed, but connections should have said something really a bit earlier... with obviously MAGICAL MEMORY being their main hope and Frankie on board... but not gonna touch that at 8s...  that's off my list!

Also, back to my Richard Hughes thread looks like he has been booked for NINJAGO, 4lb lower than the second in this last year... lost his form a bit - cant have him really... but feel silly if I don't back him and he does actually win... (which is unlikely) but available 25s ... ill have a dabble just to keep my thread alive...
Report stevo1 July 30, 2015 12:17 AM BST
Ruwaiyan e/w for me very decent course record,ran well in this last season like Ninjago. Doesnt want any rain though.
Discussiontofollow also on radar, good luck all will be needed.
Report Facts July 30, 2015 11:57 AM BST
Related. - to blaze out the stalls, lead the field - and still be there on the line ! Happy
Report IrisDeBalme July 30, 2015 12:22 PM BST
I backed Related too before the declarations were out at 20s he has run in two strong handicaps and got placed - he is on a similar mark and he did look like winning at one stage.

I have gone for win rather than place...
Report dunlaying July 30, 2015 12:37 PM BST
Toofi has a good shout here. Goes on g/f to g/s, stays further than 6f and has a competent jockey. Looks to have a chance at the weights and I note that he is entered for a Group 2 at Doncaster.
Report Bob Kelso July 30, 2015 1:31 PM BST
Jack Dexter deserves a big pot and hope it's this one 33/1 5 places to good to turn down
Report IrisDeBalme July 30, 2015 1:36 PM BST
Biggest joke market ever 6/1 the field? Should be 10s really - last 3yr old to win the Stewards Cup was Danetime... in 1997 big stat to defy for the favourite.
Report IrisDeBalme July 31, 2015 11:49 AM BST
Interesting job jockey Franny Norton on Dandy Nicholls horse KIMBERELLA @25s, a long time since he rode for him in a major handicap ...

I have added him to my small list.
Report ditchbert July 31, 2015 11:52 AM BST
I like the look of the Dascombe horse in this. Drawn high and I think and hope it runs in to a place at least.
Report Facts July 31, 2015 3:06 PM BST
Iris,
If you're a fan of coincidence bets ? Dandy has trained thie winner of this race in 2000,2005 and 2010.  So....every 5 years  - means 2015 = KIMBERELLA  !!  Laugh
Report IrisDeBalme July 31, 2015 4:32 PM BST
Yep so tempted to make him my main et tomorrow...
Report IrisDeBalme July 31, 2015 9:26 PM BST
My Final four

NINJANGO - Good Luck Hughes!
KIMBERELLA
SUZI CONNOSEUR
RELATED

Good Luck
Report Paterson92 July 31, 2015 11:57 PM BST
Really wish it was a better jockey on board this horse but at the prices I'm giving Discussiontofollow a go at 14's. Good luck all.
Report metro john August 1, 2015 3:43 AM BST
Have bet Magical Memory and Related, thinking the rfc is on?
Report unclepuncle August 1, 2015 2:49 PM BST
Rivellino win and place for me.
Report FELTFAIR August 1, 2015 3:43 PM BST
Having a shilling each way on Basil Berry.
Report Facts August 1, 2015 4:18 PM BST
Magical Memory was outstanding there. No wonder trainer withdrew Tanzeel  !
Report IrisDeBalme August 1, 2015 6:37 PM BST
yep you said it Facts... mine were nowhere very disappointed ... Hills is definitely to watch with Sprinters... made that handicap look easy..

wd winners
Report unclepuncle August 1, 2015 7:30 PM BST
Rivellino massively disadvantaged by the draw so happy enough with the place.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com