Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
John.W.Henry.
19 Apr 15 07:27
| Topic/replies: 3,549 | Blogger: John.W.Henry.'s blog
16:35 Newbury, 18 Apr 2015

1Mile.Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships Maiden Stakes (Div 1) (Str) (Class 4)  (3YO only)
Winner £5,175 - 15 ran

As visual impressions go this was as good as it gets for me.

I thought it may be prudent to give this horse a thread all of his own. I hope and suspect there will be many additions to this thread over the coming months.

On a week rammed full of classic trials if we did see a classic winner amongst the contenders then for me this lad was the one.

Just a totally awesome display of power flat racing from the front which is exactly what I love to watch.

Given those set of circumstances which presented themselves yesterday at Newbury he is not a horse I want to oppose lightly whatever the company he is asked to compete in.

Simply a magnificent performance which only the fullness of time will reveal was just a springboard onto much greater things.

The flat season officially started here with this powerhouse demolition job.

Granted it was only a maiden but the time seemed to stack up well and there appeared no fluke about it whatsoever as the others who tried to lay up with him early had their hearts broken soon enough and faded back out into the wash.

Just waiting now on where he goes next as I did hear the Irish 2000G mentioned.

Exciting times lay ahead.
Show More
Report Howellsy April 19, 2015 9:35 AM BST
I remembered a horse from 2007 winning the same maiden almost as impressively and also in a superb time, but had to look him up, having forgotten his name. Does anyone else remember his name? He never won in Europe again and in truth never went close. Intilaaq is beautifully bred, out of a French Guineas winner but looks to me like an out and out galloper suited by long straights. This horse must not go straight to a speed test like the English or Irish Guineas. He must be given some sort of prep, a stepping stone. The next step could be critical in this horse's career. I'd go for the Dante - long straight, plenty of time to get organised, see if he just might be a Derby horse. If not, there's the York Stakes as a further prep for the Juddmonte. That's how I'd play it.
Report Mystic Wind April 19, 2015 9:38 AM BST
A great day for Hamdan, 2 genuine Guineas contenders emerging from the Greenham and this lad dotting-up.

Not sure where they go with though as my first thought was he had "10f" written all over him. Definitely one to keep the right side of.
Report Steamship April 19, 2015 11:22 PM BST
It was the best 3yo performance I saw this past week.
Report geoff m April 20, 2015 10:00 AM BST
Diamond Tycoon ?
Report Figgis April 20, 2015 11:52 AM BST
Gp3 winner at best, for me.
Report John.W.Henry. April 22, 2015 11:28 AM BST
Looks as if others may have a more lofty opinion of him ::

IMPRESSIVE Newbury winner Intilaaq could yet be supplemented for the Qipco 2,000 Guineas on Saturday week after he was reported to have come out of his eight-length triumph in good shape.

No decision will be made before Monday's deadline about the participation of the Roger Varian-trained colt for whom owner Hamdan Al Maktoum would have to pay £30,000 to add him to the Classic line-up.

Already introduced into the betting for the Classic at 20-1 by bet365, Intilaaq showed his liking for a straight mile when trouncing Keble on Saturday.

His owner already has Aon Greenham Stakes winner Muhaarar and runner-up Estidhkaar among the 2,000 Guineas entries, although the former could be switched to the French equivalent.

Varian said: "I don't know if Intilaaq will go for the Guineas yet but he has come out of his race in good shape. I'll have to speak to Angus Gold [Hamdan Al Maktoum’s racing manager] later in the week but we don't have to make a decision until Monday."
Report Sacred Kingdom April 22, 2015 11:41 AM BST
The 3rd & 4th debuted at Salisbury & Yarmouth? Even Gosden's debuted at Newcastle! And a couple of them were beaten even further on their debuts than they were by Intilaaq. Visually very impressive but 2/3 of the field were off the bridle after 4f. It really wasn't a good maiden. Given he's by Dynaformer, you'd expect him to run over 10f+ NTO. Maybe a Leger horse?
Report John.W.Henry. April 22, 2015 11:48 AM BST
I think in fairness we would have to look up " fresh air " in the form book for the real runner up.

Lets see what happens.
Report RBoyd86 April 22, 2015 12:58 PM BST
second is well regarded at gosdons.
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 23, 2015 4:24 PM BST
the 4th who debuted at salisbury is hardly a negative...especially if they then send him to newbury next as it says they think he wasnt ready 1st time up and was second time round.
Report John.W.Henry. April 27, 2015 11:48 AM BST
Rumour has it he will be supplemented for the 2000G. Awaiting confirmation.
Report John.W.Henry. April 27, 2015 12:11 PM BST
Intilaaq supplemented for 2000 Guineas

Mon 27 Apr 2015

RECENT Newbury maiden winner Intilaaq has been supplemented for the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket on Saturday.

Roger said: "Intilaaq won at Newbury like a very good horse and he has trained beautifully since. He has natural speed to be comfortable at a mile but also has the stamina to stay further, which should stand him in good stead in a 2000 Guineas.

"He is a colt we have always held in high regard and we feel he deserves to take his chance in an open-looking race.

"Belardo has also been left in the 2000 Guineas. He didn't let himself down on the fast ground at Newbury but he has come out of that race perfectly fine.

"We have every reason to believe that he will continue to be a Group 1 horse but will need ease in the ground to be at his best. We would need the ground to ease for him to take his chance on Saturday."
Report king_james18 April 27, 2015 12:22 PM BST
where u get that from john been left of of list with paddy power
Report John.W.Henry. April 27, 2015 12:50 PM BST
From RV website m8.
Report Figgis April 27, 2015 1:30 PM BST
Despite what I said earlier, I think they're right to give the Guineas a go. I said he's only good enough to be a Gp3 winner for me but most of the runners in this year's Guineas aren't even that. Some have Group form as 2yos but some of that is extremely weak Group form in my view. I have him as my fourth highest rated runner in the race and with some of those rated above him not guaranteed to run their race he could at least sneak a place. The negative is he's short of experience and the uncompetitive nature of his last race wasn't really a good preparation for a Guineas. It will be hard for him to dominate it in the same fashion and I imagine he'll need to be ridden with a bit more restraint.
Report Mystic Wind April 27, 2015 7:40 PM BST
Slightly surprised that Intilaaq has been supplemented - thought he'd be Dante-bound. The fact that he's going for this - when Hamdan has arguably the 2 leading form contenders already entered - cannot be ignored.

Nick Mordin used to have a system revolving around the best-looking horse winning the Guineas, and this lad looked a picture to my untrained eye.

I'm 'all in' Hamdan now!

1Pt Estidhkaar @ 14/1
1pt Intilaaq @ 12/1
0.25pt Muharaar @ 40+
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 27, 2015 8:46 PM BST
estidkhaar to tow them along.
intillaq to sit in his slipstream.....where have we heard that one before?? Laugh

imo what will happen is ....intilaaq will  be drawn other side from estidhkaar  and hit the front early doors.
skip 15 clear and win hard held by 6 lengths Grin
Report sintonian April 27, 2015 9:20 PM BST
Dynaformer winning a Guineas? Not for me, 12/1 is a horrible price.

As a backer of Estidkhaar at 25/1 I see this as a negative to his chance too, why supplement this beast if E is good enough?!
Report G1_Jockey_4 April 28, 2015 1:54 PM BST
dam won the french guineas on fast.
Report tons of sobs April 30, 2015 8:04 PM BST
Dynaformer?

Didn't Blue Bunting win the 1000?.
Report Sacred Kingdom April 30, 2015 8:37 PM BST
Fillies are different dude, loads of Galileo fillies/mares have won G1s over a mile but a rarity for colts.
Report tons of sobs April 30, 2015 10:34 PM BST
Best 3yo colt miler I've ever seen was out of Galileo.Happy
Report Indian Ink May 1, 2015 2:30 PM BST
Im on Estidhkaar @25-1e/w and Intilaaq  @16-1 & 14-1e/w. other minor bets too as covers so im hopeful!.  Have to say I was very impressed with Intilaaq at Newbury. He will definately need to improve a fair bit to win a Guineas but who is to say he wont. Interesting though that Hanagan has stuck with Estidhkaar. Ive always loved the way this one puts his head down and battles.

Intilaaq is of definite interest over further. Ive actually had 25-1 for the Derby. Being out of Dynaformer who has bred a ledger winner in Lucarno and the dam Sea Bering has bred stayers must give him every chance of staying. At the odds I think it was worth the punt regardless. Quite a big fan of Varian as well.
Report John.W.Henry. August 10, 2015 11:28 AM BST
Getting there !!
Report G1_Jockey_4 August 10, 2015 12:39 PM BST
in hindsight the 2000 was a bad move but may be a blessing.

doubt the arc is a reality due to the ground but the breeders cup turf if they get it going round and oval track?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com