Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
smithyads1
26 Jan 15 20:32
| Topic/replies: 23,729 | Blogger: smithyads1's blog
When are the entries out? Any early fancies / lightly raced 4 year olds of interest?
Show More
Report Big_Issue February 12, 2015 9:16 PM GMT
The normal huge number of entries including the usual dross (does Scott Dixon really think his 75 rated AW Best Tamayuz is going to get a run) headed by Bronze Angel rated 111 and last years winner Ocean Tempest (rated 110 and won off 102) plus Ryan's other entry Tenor. I can see Ryan running Ocean Tempest or both even this as he doesn't seem to mind his horses humping top weight in these handicaps. The lowest rated runner last year was Off Art rated 93 so anything below that probably going to struggle to get a run, maybe 91 at best. Currently 62 horses rated 91 or higher and last year's safety limit was 22 runners. though only 17 ran (scandalous) and RP shows 5 non-runners. One of these was One More Word which carried my Antepost Cash and was withdrawn at the start though subsequently was well beaten in the Newbury Spring Cup.

So, on the basis we are looking for 4/5 year olds that have won over at least a mile, previously raced over further, won a Class 3 or better handicap over 8F, ran it's best race in one of it's last 2 starts, no run on the AWT or over jumps, and likely to carry less than 9-0 (so lets say rated between 98 and 91) we can start to thin the field out a bit.

The two that best seem to fit for me would therefore be Mange All from the Haggas yard (won race before with similar type) and Munaseer of Michael Stoute's, can't say as I remember two many runners in this race from the Yard but they do have a decent strike rate with 4YO+ handicappers early season. Both finished last year with decent runs in both their last two starts behind

Munaseer actually 2lbs better off for beating Mange All a length behind GM Hopkins (5lbs worse off with both and now off 99 and slightly disappointed on last two starts) so lets have that as the first choice at the price with Mange All as a secondary bet.

Munasser @ 20/1
Mange All @ 16/1

I'm sure there are others that warrant consideration but just tried to apply a few statistics and a bit of common sense to my reasoning.

Good luck to all who play this one Ante Post.
Report Big_Issue February 12, 2015 9:18 PM GMT
Ok it's Munaaser not the two variations I wrote above!!
Report colupaul February 15, 2015 5:51 PM GMT
Dipped in on Shyron @ 25s... due to run at Lingfield next Saturday...
Report Big_Issue March 5, 2015 9:00 PM GMT
We have the faux Lincoln Trial at Wolverhampton on Saturday. I guess the winner gets a 5lb penalty in the Lincoln?

Six of them actually engaged in the Lincoln from what I can see, Billingsgate down to Starfield on Saturday's card.

The Roger Varian trained Mindurownbusiness will probably be a worthy favourite after beating half the field easily enough last time at Lingfield but is now rated 7lb higher at 97 though will be off his Entry rating of 90 plus penalty(s) for the Lincoln.

I don't think anything has come out of the Wolverhampton race to win the actual big one, so probably Saturday is the day rather than in 3 weeks time.

Not much betting wise seemingly going on though Mange All seems to have had some suppport and now vying for favouritism in some books.
Report Big_Issue March 7, 2015 6:47 PM GMT
Mindurownbusiness does the business today, quite tidily and now vies for favouritism in a weak betting market so far it would seem. 

Nice to see a bit of blue for Munaaser as low as 12/1 with PP but still 20/1 with Ladcrokes,
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2015 8:11 AM GMT
I've liked Munaaser since the entries came out as well - just wasn't sure if he is a definite runner so hadn't backed it yet. He was entered in the Winter Derby but I see he has been taken out at the latest forfeit stage so hopefully the Lincoln is the plan.

Munaaser 1pt @ 20/1
Report Augustine March 8, 2015 11:19 AM GMT
uncle...Stoute quoted in today's Post as follows: "It depends if we can get him there in time, but the plan is to run Munaaser in the Lincoln if we can."

Report also states that Moore, Hanagan and O'Neill are all likely to be in Dubai that day so Ted Durcan, now riding work at Stoute's, "could be in the mix" for the ride.

Don't know if you'd regard that as a positive.
Report the yomper March 8, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
Donny Rover put some decent runs together last season.A tough beast that wont go down without a fight.
Report unclepuncle March 8, 2015 7:33 PM GMT
Thanks for the info Augustine - not exactly filling me with hope. Knew I should have waited till the 5 day stage.Cry
Report clacton March 11, 2015 8:07 AM GMT
Betting been suspended for a couple of days. Anyone know why.
Report Big_Issue March 11, 2015 3:05 PM GMT
Guess it was an entry declaration stage? Seems to be open again now
Report Big_Issue March 16, 2015 10:59 PM GMT
Only the weekend after next now and Mange All seems to be the one for money in the race and is as low as 6/1 with some books. Some South London 'Geezer' at Cheltenham last week told me (unprompted) that he had contacts within the Haggas Yard and this was the one for the Lincoln. Okay, I take this with a pinch of salt but at least it looks like being a probable for the race.

Stoute's comments could be taken two ways in my book, either it's not going to run or it's a definite and they fancy it like mad! At least some money around for it now and shortened with most books which offers some promise of it being there on the day.
Report betilyerded March 17, 2015 7:03 AM GMT
I think the big issue, Big Issue, with your selections is that one trainer habitually targets the race and one absolutely doesnt. I think we know which one does!

Gabrials kaka was an obvious pick after his unlucky run at Ascot lto but really needs dig in the ground so is short enough just now.

The one i do like at a price is Hillbillyboy who ran a lovely race after 8 months off at the weekend, won at the meeting first time up last year and was generally progressive for a small yard running some excellent races, shaping as though the stepup in trip wont be an issue.
is presumably been targeted at the race and 33-1 generally will do for me.
Hillbillyboy 33-1 e/w generally
Report sintonian March 17, 2015 12:58 PM GMT
ATR bloke has tipped Mange All
Report TheGoddess March 17, 2015 1:48 PM GMT
Gary Nuttings view:

http://www.attheraces.com/article.aspx?hlid=264965&lid=&raceid=&title=Ante-Post+Focus&ref=Tips+and+Analysis&nav=tips&sub=&day=Tue
Report unclepuncle March 17, 2015 2:36 PM GMT
With Munaaser looking an unlikely runner I have now gone in for Zarwaan who is definitely being aimed at the race according to Ed Dunlops website.

Zarwaan - 2pt @ 20/1
Report willie the milk March 17, 2015 4:49 PM GMT
Still waiting to have my first ever winner of this race and I have been punting since the early 70s.
Had a little e-w on Dream Spirit, a Haggas horse that has won on soft over 1ml so should likely get the optimum conditions. Only had the 4 runs so open to bags of improvement and the trainer can ready one for this race. Don't know if it's a guaranteed runner though.

GL
Report sintonian March 17, 2015 5:29 PM GMT
Just looking at Mange All's profile and he looks the PERFECT horse...ON PAPER. Course form, stays further, handles cut if needed, and lightly raced enough to be ahead of his mark of 97. Trends wise I bet he hits every requirement too. But it can't be that simple can it, surely?
Report sintonian March 17, 2015 5:31 PM GMT
WAITING.
Report Big_Issue March 17, 2015 8:54 PM GMT
Varian quoted today as saying may go for AWT Championships with Munurownbusiness despite being 6lb well in for the Lincoln after it's latest win.

Meamwhile, Varian has warned that leading Betway Lincoln hope Mindurownbusiness could sidestep the race for All-Weather Championships Finals Day at Lingfield on Good Friday.

Although yet to make a decision, the Newmarket handler is contemplating keeping the four-year-old back for the one-mile championship race on April 3 as opposed to running him at Doncaster on the opening day of the turf season on March 28.

Since joining Varian, the son of Cape Cross has won two of his three starts, most recently when claiming the Ladbrokes Lincoln Trial at Wolverhampton earlier this month.

Varian said: "Mindurownbusiness is in the Lincoln, but he has also qualified for the mile championship race on Good Friday at Lingfield.

"I am not committed which way he goes to be honest. If he runs in the Lincoln he would be 6lb 'well in' on paper, but he has put in two good performances on the all-weather in his last two runs and there is a temptation to stay there. Both races require consideration."

However, the Kremlin House Stables handler could have his mind made up for him as to which route he takes by the weather.

Varian said: "The ground might play a part, as he doesn't want soft ground. If it stays dry then the Lincoln is a possibility, but if the rains come next week he is unlikely to run in the Lincoln."
Report SOULDANCER March 18, 2015 8:16 AM GMT
sint, I'll play devil's advocate. Course form, he got beat. Stays further, maybe too far. Handles cut, prefer firm. 5-2 favourite for silver cambridgeshire,got beat in that, perhaps he's not entirely straight forward. Bit one paced, maybe.
   Couple of other trainers won't give him the race yet, but yes, looks to have a great chance. Price has gone, if it was ever there.
Report SOULDANCER March 18, 2015 8:18 AM GMT
Oh he was 16's, good then.
Report sintonian March 18, 2015 8:37 AM GMT
Not backing him Soul. Marco Botti's Moohaarib is interesting at a price too given he is considering the Listed race on the same card, OR is 100.
Report sintonian March 18, 2015 8:38 AM GMT
Marco Botti is hoping for cut in the ground so he can get Moohaarib off to an early start in the turf season.

Lincoln Handicap Antepost: Moohaarib 16/1

Marco Botti: Pondering crack at the Lincoln
Related ContentLive horse racing resultsRacecards and formSign up free to My StableLatest video form£5 free bet every week with the Sky Bet ClubFree £50 matched bet
The four-year-old holds an entry in the Betway Lincoln Handicap, the traditional curtain-raiser to the Flat campaign at Doncaster on March 28.

Botti is also thinking of putting the Oasis Dream colt in the Betway In The App Store Doncaster Mile on the same day to give him another option.

"We are considering the Lincoln, but there is also a Listed race the same day," said the Newmarket handler.

Profiles Moohaarib M Botti
"We just want to see what the ground is going to be like. He wants juice in the ground. If it's good to firm he probably won't run, but if it's on the soft side he will.

"He's done well over the winter. He ended the season finishing fifth in a Listed race in France (on Polytrack at Deauville) which I thought was a good run.

"He wasn't beaten far and perhaps he's a better horse on grass anyway. I think he has improved for being a four-year-old. He's up to that level and is rated 100."
Report Big_Issue March 18, 2015 3:27 PM GMT
The perils of ante-post bets as Munaaser announced as not running in Lincoln:

The four-year-old is among the leading fancies for the Doncaster heat on Saturday week after winning at Newmarket and chasing home Gm Hopkins in the Silver Cambridgeshire last year.

However, the New Approach gelding will sidestep the ultra-competitive one-mile heat as Stoute believes the race will come too soon.

He said: "He won't be running in the Lincoln as he won't be ready in time."

Must just like wasting entry fees some people Confused
Report IrisDeBalme March 19, 2015 2:51 PM GMT
I like Ocean Tempest - similar form to last year - ran in Meydan - did nothing then hosed up in the Lincoln bit more weight but think connections have an eye on this.

Also GABRIELS KAKA - Have a lot of respect for this horse - expect him to be half the odds... sometimes its good to have a Fahey horse in your shortlist... I think  he will be a much better horse this season.
Report SOULDANCER March 19, 2015 4:33 PM GMT
Not much rain to come, won't be soft.
  Always look at Fahey first and bet Gabrial e.w. with  small saver on  Gabrials Kaka.
Goes well fresh, course winner, well handicapped, after 5 runs over further brought his h'cap mark down. Won well back at a mile at end of last season, still on a nice mark.
Was loving Ocean Tempest e.w. for day of race,1st 5 a place. Couldn't see price going and now he won't get his favoured ground, even more so. Knocked my confidence a bit. Joe Doyle rides and the 5lb claim is needed.
Report clacton March 19, 2015 6:21 PM GMT
I like Ocean Tempest - similar form to last year - ran in Meydan - did nothing then hosed up in the Lincoln bit more weight but think connections have an eye on this.
Praying for rain. Won off 115 at Chester. Highest OR ever won off. Had his holiday in the sun again.
Report pipedreamer March 20, 2015 12:43 AM GMT
Never any chat about what type of track a Lincoln winner needs to have performed at,or any other race come to that.Strange?.
Same as the Cambs,stamina in pedigree,a speed horse,if horse ONLY has form on a stiff track with a bend and poss small field well thats a negative.
Report RBoyd86 March 20, 2015 7:33 AM GMT
the word is zarwaan
Report Big_Issue March 20, 2015 8:35 AM GMT
We await your enlightenment on these issues Pipedreamer.
Report pipedreamer March 20, 2015 9:54 AM GMT
Big Issue,well it used to be easy years ago.In my 45 years of punting i have never known a time such as this that winners have been so hard to come by.
Memories of Foggy Bell, Blustery,Star of a Gunner,Streams of Gold are a few that i tipped people.
Now i am down to making a book around 6 horses,i do ok but its the clues that are lacking.Whether its the Derby [Mars] or any other race we are faced with a barrage of horses who appeared to stagger over the line in the past,even a horse that wins comfortably these days is hit with a 14 pound hike.
so winners come from out of nowhere and disappear into oblivion,[don't win again].Years ago one could spot a horse winning with 2 stone in hand,[Red Ark,won at Southwell of 98,won Greenals off 144!!!!!]unfortunately not now!!!!!!.
So you see racing has lost its romance,its mediocre,bland,how can new punters get enticed into the game when nobody can pronounce the names of the horses!!!!!!!!!!.Still theres always Bogsnog.
Hopefully things will be clearer on the day.Good luck to all.
Report pipedreamer March 20, 2015 9:54 AM GMT
Big Issue,well it used to be easy years ago.In my 45 years of punting i have never known a time such as this that winners have been so hard to come by.
Memories of Foggy Bell, Blustery,Star of a Gunner,Streams of Gold are a few that i tipped people.
Now i am down to making a book around 6 horses,i do ok but its the clues that are lacking.Whether its the Derby [Mars] or any other race we are faced with a barrage of horses who appeared to stagger over the line in the past,even a horse that wins comfortably these days is hit with a 14 pound hike.
so winners come from out of nowhere and disappear into oblivion,[don't win again].Years ago one could spot a horse winning with 2 stone in hand,[Red Ark,won at Southwell of 98,won Greenals off 144!!!!!]unfortunately not now!!!!!!.
So you see racing has lost its romance,its mediocre,bland,how can new punters get enticed into the game when nobody can pronounce the names of the horses!!!!!!!!!!.Still theres always Bogsnog.
Hopefully things will be clearer on the day.Good luck to all.
Report Fabulous March 20, 2015 10:00 AM GMT
I'm with betilyerded, and went Hillbilly Boy 33's each way. Bet him a few times last year, and quite like him. Decent comeback at The Weekend, and worth a go at the price.
Report Big_Issue March 20, 2015 11:41 AM GMT
Couldn't have Hillbilly, never won or even placed over 8F on turf, never raced further than a mile, exc when PU in Novice Hurdle. Doesn't tick many boxes to me,but good luck.
Report sintonian March 20, 2015 2:21 PM GMT
You sound like Brigust, Pipedreamer.
Report Fabulous March 20, 2015 2:24 PM GMT
No worries Big Issue, I'm wrong a lot more than I'm right Grin
Report betilyerded March 20, 2015 4:07 PM GMT
Zarwaan does indeed appear to be the word RB if todays support is anything to go by. Good support for Hillbilly Boy too.

I hope this is one of the times you are right FabHappy

Its been a dry week and looks like a fairly dry run up to the race, little bits of rain forecast but nothing substantial. Any Donny residents around to keep us updated?
Report sintonian March 20, 2015 5:29 PM GMT
Where is Town Moor when you need him..he walks the track every day.
Report Big_Issue March 20, 2015 7:30 PM GMT
About 8 Miles away, not much rain to speak off this week been mostly cloudy and misty with not much wind either. If my golf course anything to go by then it will be good with good to soft patches at worst.
Report Big_Issue March 20, 2015 7:33 PM GMT
No worries Big Issue, I'm wrong a lot more than I'm right

Guess I'm in that particular boat too. See my first post and Munaaser Sad
Report custardcream64 March 20, 2015 8:41 PM GMT
Mick Channon has Lincoln entered for the Lincoln.Crazy
Report RBoyd86 March 22, 2015 5:38 AM GMT

Mar 20, 2015 -- 11:07AM, betilyerded wrote:

Zarwaan does indeed appear to be the word RB if todays support is anything to go by. Good support for Hillbilly Boy too.I hope this is one of the times you are right FabIts been a dry week and looks like a fairly dry run up to the race, little bits of rain forecast but nothing substantial. Any Donny residents around to keep us updated?

been all round nmkt for a while now.. doesn't always mean much but generally means it'll shorten. Had it from couple sources , one said jimmy quit has been riding it and hasn't rode anything like it since he used to ride out at cecils years ago not sure if thats all gospel but the move for it seems to say some of my info is correct

Report RBoyd86 March 22, 2015 5:40 AM GMT
quinn
Report custardcream64 March 22, 2015 4:20 PM GMT
Just been watching a few old Lincoln Handicap's from the 80's & 90's on you tube.
Some great names there including Amenable ridden by Alex 'Queen of the turf' Greaves, Star Of A Gunner, K-Battery, Saving Mercy winning for the Irish.

Please note: I did not back any of the above winners before anyone tries to put me on the aftertimers thread !Silly
Report betilyerded March 22, 2015 5:54 PM GMT
Found this on the Sporting Life website from 18th March.

The one just behind the principal pair in most ante-post lists is ZARWAAN and there still looks to be plenty of juice in the 16/1 quotes about him.

Now set to be Hamdan Al Maktoum's sole representative following Munaaser's defection, the Ed Dunlop-trained four-year-old still holds Group-class potential on what we saw of him last term.

Four 2014 starts yielded four highly creditable efforts, without getting his head in front, and he's another who has been kept fresh (for this?) since the summer.

His trainer was fairly candid about the problems the yard was enduring early last season, yet this son of Dutch Art still posted two excellent seconds before a slightly unlucky fifth in the Britannia after encountering a far from ideal passage at Royal Ascot.

He didn't quite run up to that level when tried in Listed company on the July course on his most recent start but a mark of 102 has since been protected [b]and the Newmarket gallops watchers have liked what they've seen in recent week[/b]

There was a major move for him the following day so this could have been part of it.

Im liking that Hillbilly Boy has shortened to 20's too Wink
Report betilyerded March 22, 2015 6:01 PM GMT
Custard Cream -  I dont mind being shoved into the aftertimers thread if Mighty Fly is on there.

I was a 16 yo paper lad and as the shop owner liked a punt he asked me if I fancied a bet. I did my round that Saturday morning, reading all the racing pages, went back to the shop and said id have £1 of my £3.50 wages on Mighty Fly at 16-1.
He talked me out of putting it on to win so i ended up having 50p e/w CryI could have retired!!
I do remember watching the race and not hearing the horses name mentioned until it lead close home. I think Steve Cauthen was on board.

Probably the one and only time Ive backed the Lincoln winner!
Report 1st time poster March 22, 2015 7:19 PM GMT
i got the word for high low once at 25,s,
always remember it backed it ew and in an ew double with a jumper called billybathgate at newbury ,that was nowhere,in those days there was a really good handicap for 4 yr old hurdlers on that newbury card with lots of runners always tried to do an ew double with the lincoln,whatever happened to that race and meeting
Report Facts March 22, 2015 10:28 PM GMT
He didn't quite run up to that level when tried in Listed company on the July course on his most recent start but a mark of 102 has since been protected and the Newmarket gallops watchers have liked what they've seen in recent week

If you believed the news from the 'watchers'  - you'd be broke within the month. Everything on the gallops is 'catching pigeons '!
Report IrisDeBalme March 22, 2015 10:39 PM GMT
so true Facts - they see a horse run across the gallops next to a pony and they think its a Frankel
Report RBoyd86 March 22, 2015 11:59 PM GMT

Mar 22, 2015 -- 12:54PM, betilyerded wrote:

Found this on the Sporting Life website from 18th March.The one just behind the principal pair in most ante-post lists is ZARWAAN and there still looks to be plenty of juice in the 16/1 quotes about him.Now set to be Hamdan Al Maktoum's sole representative following Munaaser's defection, the Ed Dunlop-trained four-year-old still holds Group-class potential on what we saw of him last term.Four 2014 starts yielded four highly creditable efforts, without getting his head in front, and he's another who has been kept fresh (for this?) since the summer.His trainer was fairly candid about the problems the yard was enduring early last season, yet this son of Dutch Art still posted two excellent seconds before a slightly unlucky fifth in the Britannia after encountering a far from ideal passage at Royal Ascot.He didn't quite run up to that level when tried in Listed company on the July course on his most recent start but a mark of 102 has since been protected and the Newmarket gallops watchers have liked what they've seen in recent weekThere was a major move for him the following day so this could have been part of it.Im liking that Hillbilly Boy has shortened to 20's too

as i put in earlier thats been all round town for a while

Report sintonian March 23, 2015 10:00 AM GMT
Gallops reports are the most unreliable punting tool ever.
Report ReaseHeath March 23, 2015 11:48 AM GMT
of those not mentioned above, Mondialiste has some interesting form in France, an interesting trainer in Yorkshire and a fair bit of blue on 0ddschecker...
Report pipedreamer March 23, 2015 12:13 PM GMT
As for Zarwaan,breeding,Dutch Art and Pivotal are 7f 8f performers,any info on the Dam anyone?.If Ed Dunlop has learnt from his dad then he may not win this.John Dunlop never won this race nor the Cambs or the Stewards for that matter,so like all trainers they have their own M.O.
As for the Maktoums,well theyre not known normally for farming big handicaps,their horses are group race in mind
.But they can nick some of these because of the compression of the weights,its harder for unexposed light weights these days [they cant get in!!!].
As for aftertiming, we all have our stories from the past,its merely a testament to how good it used to be if you studied hard,as compared to now.
Now you have so much more info to go through, and study to the point of exhaustion.
We also have our hard luck stories,mine is Spanish Don,2nd in my ratings and i went to the paddock just to observe it,left perplexed and never had a bean on it, 100/1 is enough to make you cry,i nearly went mad!!!.
even forgot to back L.P. Kenirys brothers ride namely Ballyvady that won at 11/2.
I blame all the heaving drunks at Newmarket that day [couldnt move, couldnt think straight],anyway another testimony to what can be possible if we all study harder.
So no more talk of aftertiming,how are we going to know the level of a poster on here if we dont divulge info about ourselves [i've seen postings about the Martindale system!!!!!!!,god help us!!!].Anyway this forum wasnt around years ago.
Must check whether lincoln winners had won furter tan a mile prior to winning this,any info on this anyone?.
Report SOULDANCER March 23, 2015 5:04 PM GMT
Rease,' Mondialiste certainly the 'dark horse' and with O'Meara having 2nd in the Spring Mile and 3rd and 4th in Lincoln last year, one to be feared.
Report sintonian March 24, 2015 7:34 AM GMT
93 left in at the 5 day stage Surprised No jockey booking for the favourite yet.
Report RBoyd86 March 24, 2015 11:29 AM GMT

Mar 23, 2015 -- 5:00AM, sintonian wrote:

Gallops reports are the most unreliable punting tool ever.

depends on what u plan doing with them. I love the rumour mill ofNMKT you back the horses at prices and lay them of because 90 per cent of the time they shorten. And it depends who your listening to 95per cent are clueless but t hat 5 % aren't took me a long time learn who to listen too.

Report gamerawins March 24, 2015 6:48 PM GMT
As far as I'm aware there are several big chain bookmaking firms with branches in Newmarket Town. They don't seem too scared to do business there. I wonder why? I would also wonder what is the % of winning gamblers on horses in Newmarket and if it's a bigger % than anywhere else? I seriously doubt it is.
People who look for "inside info" generally tend to be non believers and lazy people looking for easy money. People with that mindset will lose no matter how much "info" they have. They want it easy and don't believe it is possible without the easy info. It's a losers mentality. Be lazy with a non believing attitude and of course you will look elsewhere for "info" rather than doing the work and trusting your own opinion.

Interesting to see Spencer booked for Jack's Revenge rather than Gabrial's Kaka. Smullen booked for Belgian Bill.
Report Facts March 24, 2015 7:19 PM GMT
^ absolutely spot on !
Report bobbyjo March 24, 2015 7:57 PM GMT
The weld horse isn't coming over so that is down to 23. Anyone know which number is likely to get in please ?
Report penzance March 24, 2015 9:31 PM GMT
backed Moohaarib @20s for this,hopeing
the grounds alright for him to run.
4yr old so there should be room for
improvement in him.Closely matched
on Ascot form with Mange All with
the revised weights and finished
in front of GM Hopkins at Nottingham
end of last season.Twice the price
of those two.
   GL ALL
Report IrisDeBalme March 24, 2015 9:59 PM GMT
Report bobmidd March 26, 2015 10:53 AM GMT
The Runners and William Hill prices

Mange All 
5/1
Gm Hopkins 
6/1
Zarwaan 
8/1
Gabrial´s Kaka 
12/1
Hillbilly Boy 
14/1
Mondialiste 
14/1
Moohaarib 
14/1
Gabrial 
16/1
What About Carlo 
16/1
Baraweez 
20/1
Belgian Bill 
20/1
Bronze Angel 
20/1
Lincoln 
20/1
Ocean Tempest 
20/1
Bertiewhittle 
25/1
Fire Ship 
25/1
Jack´s Revenge 
25/1
Boom And Bust 
33/1
Don´t Call Me 
33/1
Emell 
33/1
Robert The Painter 
33/1
Tres Coronas 
33/1
Report SOULDANCER March 26, 2015 2:42 PM GMT
nobody going 1st 5 a place, tightwads.
Report IrisDeBalme March 26, 2015 2:50 PM GMT
I think it will be Saturday morning....
Report SOULDANCER March 26, 2015 3:54 PM GMT
cheers, I'm gonna wait then, in hope.
Report FELTFAIR March 26, 2015 8:28 PM GMT
The clock says Tres Coronas.Will probably be a bit sharp for him and not getting any younger but will have a little each -way at a big price.
Report IrisDeBalme March 26, 2015 10:30 PM GMT
Another each way that can be considered is Robert the Painter 3rd in the race last year and is also 33/1
Report the bloob March 27, 2015 1:24 PM GMT
I agree that Robert the Painter is over priced, 50 on here, a couple of runs at Meydan will have helped fitness. They weren't very good runs but the horse is clearly much better on turf. Too big to ignore from a trainer that knows how to win these sort of races
Report Millerracing67 March 27, 2015 5:37 PM GMT
Has there been any rain at Donny 2day?
Are they due to get any before the race 2moro?
Report PJay March 27, 2015 5:41 PM GMT
4-5mm yesterday morning. There might be showers tomorrow morning but not a lot expected.
Report Millerracing67 March 27, 2015 5:46 PM GMT
Cheers. Hopefully no slower than gd.
Report SOULDANCER March 27, 2015 5:48 PM GMT
Ocean Tempest 25-1 ew, 1st 5, 46.0 on here for my day of race bet.
The ground could be softer and this years race looks stronger than last year but he impressed me then. Came all way over from stall 3 to finish near stand side and still had bit to spare. Only 2 have won back to back Lincolns in last 150 years but horses have run well when returning to this race.
Report IrisDeBalme March 27, 2015 9:55 PM GMT
Whats interesting about Ocean Tempest preparation last season... the kept him fit in Dubai without fully unleashing the horse... I remember early prices he was 66s... then on 6 day decs... he was 33s... and shortened slowly on the day to 20s... and won

he was drawn 3 but the horses behind him were 22 - 18 - 14 - 16 which suggests pace was on the other side... so you have to respect the horses ability it was a great run...

Also, connections werent suprised at all that he won... and they expected him to have good shout... At the time I thought they plotted that well...

This season, the same approach ... few gallops in Dubai and still unconsidered at 25s (may be 33s in the morning)... he has a claimer on board...

So whatever you fancy tomorrow me its Gabriels Kaka... but its worth putting a cheeky fiver/tenner on this horse... as Im not sure which horse will turn him... but ignore him at your peril as many did last season.
Report IrisDeBalme March 27, 2015 9:58 PM GMT
btw for those who love Irony LINCOLN winning the LINCOLN would be the most apt winner.
Report Capallsasta March 28, 2015 12:33 AM GMT
Hillbilly Boy each way to bounce out and keep battling away on his side, and the 2 Gabrial's to get involved late on with Robert the painter somewhere in the mix for the places . Might even hit the tricast ! To kickstart the flat
Report metro john March 28, 2015 2:20 AM GMT
Some excellent observations have been given above, it's been a pleasure too read and digest the different views upon the great race , well done and thank you all! 

Just gonna add the Timeform free race pass link    -  https://www.timeform.com/racing/racecard/race/2015-03-28/14/5
Report metro john March 28, 2015 2:55 AM GMT
Agree with comments made about MONDIALISTE this horse represents solid group form in Europe, and looks a value buy, and could prove a shade classier than many of these exposed handicappers(just a bugger about the draw)CryCryCryCry
Report sintonian March 28, 2015 8:32 AM GMT
Gone with Gabriels Kaka given they are going to ride him differently to last year where he looked the winner most of the way and Jack Garrity is claiming 5lb. Could be the difference today.
Report betilyerded March 28, 2015 8:49 AM GMT
Think horses coming from behind who stay further than a mile will be suited by todays conditions as there is a strong, 20mph headwind straight up the home straight which will definitely be a factor.

Im on Hillbilly Boy at 33-1 but the headwind concerns me as I think 8f is his max and will need every assistance going today.

Im praying Gabrials Kaka doesnt win as I ALWAYS get this horse wrong and last seasons Balmoral still gets my goat.

I know, let it go...
Report Millerracing67 March 28, 2015 12:02 PM GMT
Like the ew chances of GM Hopkins.
Hope the ground does not ride to slow.
Gd luck all Happy
Report ReaseHeath March 28, 2015 12:43 PM GMT
gone with Mondialiste 16/1 ew, also a little go at the Spring double (never done one before!) Mondialiste 16/1 and Merry King 25/1 ew 5 places...

Dream will probably die before 4 pm but find myself looking forward to the flat now in any event!

Good luck, all.
Report Shrews March 28, 2015 2:07 PM GMT
I'm on Gabriel, because I think it will win comfortably.  But I've also done a trifecta perm

Gabriel
Gabriel's Kaka
Ocean Tempest
Moohaarib

Gabriel also my Scoop 6 pick.

Years ago I had the trifecta in this when Our Rita won, but like a complete tool I wrote the draw numbers down instead of the racecard numbers.  I had some consolation winning the exacta but ultimately that mistake cost me the best part of £700 from memory  Angry

Needless to say I have never made the same mistake again, although I've never won another trifecta either  Plain
Report penzance March 28, 2015 6:20 PM GMT
wd wnrs
GL
Report Big_Issue March 28, 2015 7:41 PM GMT
Well done those who picked Cowcash's Hoss there Whoops
Report IrisDeBalme March 28, 2015 10:52 PM GMT
well done for those on Gabriel

Have to say Mondialiste - French import from F Head Yard... ran a great race only neck behind ...

First run from O'Meara yard - definately a horse to follow expect it to improve ... looks certain to be involved in some group races later this season
Report SOULDANCER March 29, 2015 8:59 AM BST
I win antepost, rare event. Trusted in Fahey and Gabrial looked the better h'capped, bit of a plot horse with the 5 runs over further. Ocean Tempest  needed softer as feared.
  Down the pub after race to cheer Wales on. 3-0 and top the table, another rare event. What a day!
Report sintonian March 29, 2015 10:00 AM BST
well done shrews
Report sintonian March 29, 2015 10:00 AM BST
wd soul
Report metro john March 29, 2015 10:02 AM BST
wd ladsCool
Report sintonian March 29, 2015 10:02 AM BST
really annoying yesterday, sporting life quick results put up Gabriels Kaka as the winner so I sat there with a big grin on my face in the pub for 20 mins before reading the post-race report. AngryCrazy
Report Fabulous March 29, 2015 10:39 AM BST
Good effort Shrews, Soul, and any other winners.
Report PJay March 29, 2015 2:41 PM BST
As I posted to twatter:

Pj ‏@FormJudge
Fair to say those 9 faced the headwind? Last 9 finishers of the Lincoln. 
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CBRMGYYVAAEg7tt.jpg
2:34 PM - 29 Mar 2015 · Details

Headwind had a huge effect. Worth noting.
Report Shrews March 29, 2015 2:47 PM BST
"The weather" in general is probably one of the most under-estimated aspects of racehorse form but is logical when you think about it.

I used to hate playing football in Winter (which was a bit of a bummer seeing as it's a winter game) but when the sun shone I was like Lionel Messi on speed.
Report PJay March 29, 2015 2:56 PM BST
The headwind was massive yesterday. Evident from the Spring Mile.

Really is worth taking a look at the Lincoln again with that in mind. The top 12 all had cover. Two different races.
Report unclepuncle March 29, 2015 8:13 PM BST
Well done winners. Fahey did say on The Morning Line that Gabrial was the one to be on. Gabrials Kaka was given a rare poor ride by G Lee.

I won't be giving up on Zarwaan - jumped well and was very handy (if you ignore the trailblazer Lincoln) and looked to be travelling very well 2 out - got a bit squeezed up and then found little in the last furlong (was that the effect of being too handy in that headwind??). Maybe the Victoria Cup might be on his agenda.
Report sintonian March 29, 2015 9:13 PM BST
He's been gelded too fwiw.
Report Facts March 29, 2015 9:20 PM BST
unclepuncle     29 Mar 15 20:13 
Well done winners. Fahey did say on The Morning Line that Gabrial was the one to be on. Gabrials Kaka was given a rare poor ride by G Lee.

Possibly because he was concentrating on riding Mange All !!!
Report unclepuncle March 30, 2015 10:58 AM BST
Facts
29 Mar 15 21:20

Possibly because he was concentrating on riding Mange All !!!

That explains it then.Silly
Report SOULDANCER March 30, 2015 12:53 PM BST
Moohaarib, looks one to follow, had plenty left in final furlong, looked green as grass.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com