Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sisyphus
21 Dec 14 18:49
| Topic/replies: 531 | Blogger: sisyphus's blog
(7 runners)

1) Carraig Mor
2) Coneygree    
3) Creepy   
4) Saphir Du Rheu
5) Sausalito Sunrise
6) Virak    
7) Warden Hill
Pause Switch to Standard View Kauto Star Novices' Chase (Grade 1)...
Show More
Report Mr Eboue December 21, 2014 7:39 PM GMT
That looks a spectacular field. Happy
Report SoYouThink December 21, 2014 8:12 PM GMT
The 3m staying novice chase division gets weaker every year with connections of potential stayers playing it safe over shorter distances.
Report Benjy December 21, 2014 8:48 PM GMT
I quite like Coneygree for this. Anybody care to put me off?

Anybody know who was declared originally before the race was reopened?
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 21, 2014 9:16 PM GMT
Let it rain, let it rain. Excited
Report harry callaghan December 21, 2014 9:21 PM GMT
no rain forecast sonko
Report Angel Gabrial December 21, 2014 10:56 PM GMT
Creepy jumped like Best Mate on his debut, have a feeling he aint a fan of soft ground and Kempton will be right up his street. However it is a very open race.
Report sintonian December 22, 2014 7:04 AM GMT
11/8 SDR with PP. Not a betting propostion at that price for me given he fell on debut but with a clear round he should win this.
Report sageform December 22, 2014 8:43 AM GMT
That is a list of 5 day entries, not runners.
Report Benjy December 22, 2014 7:33 PM GMT

Dec 22, 2014 -- 2:43AM, sageform wrote:

That is a list of 5 day entries, not runners.

If that's a response to me... I am aware of that but the race was reopened on Saturday due to lack of entries. I am just wondering what was aimed at the race and what was an after thought.

Report fats waller December 22, 2014 7:35 PM GMT
I believe all 7 were in at the initial stage and there were no late comers to the party Benjy.
Report Benjy December 22, 2014 7:55 PM GMT
Cheers fw Cool
Report sageform December 23, 2014 10:26 AM GMT
Benjy, my post was not aimed at anyone in particular. Just got the impression that some posters thought it was the final decs.
Report opatcho December 25, 2014 1:53 PM GMT
VIRAK Win
Report Colldogg December 25, 2014 7:56 PM GMT
The only thing I'm worried about with Coneygree is the ground. However can't see it being quick enough to inconvenience him in such a bad way. Coneygree to win it for me.
Report FELTFAIR December 25, 2014 8:12 PM GMT
The clock says Virak. Will back e-w.
Report ACStafford December 25, 2014 9:21 PM GMT
I need some help on this race. I like quite a few of these horses. So far I've ruled out three: Saphir Du Rheu (most likely winner and could be a future Gold Cup horse but too short for me in this race), Carraig Mor and Warden Hill. Can anyone tell me if Coneygree picked up his injury in the race where he was beaten by At Fishers Cross or if it was afterwards?
Report fats waller December 25, 2014 9:39 PM GMT
^ Stood on a flint at home, not picked up on the racecourse.
Report ACStafford December 25, 2014 9:53 PM GMT
Cheers fats.
Report sisyphus December 25, 2014 11:39 PM GMT
This race will be won on the jumping, and non will jump as quick and accurate as Carraig Mor. 3 miles right handed is perfect, the ground could have been a tad softer though.
I bet the 12/1 laddies are offering dont last longer than 9.30am.
Report Colldogg December 26, 2014 3:59 AM GMT
I can't be having Carraig Mor myself. I'd be more inclined to take the Carole's Destrier form at face value than his previous win at Newbury. He jumped very poorly in that first race and Carole's Destrier would not be troubling this field. The race in which he beat Southfield theatre was effectively just a match so very tactical and from what I remember it was VERY soft, so total different conditions to tomorrow.

Carruthers has always handled good ground, so I can't see it being a big negative for Coneygree in all honesty. I think he's the one I am going to go for. Good luck all.
Report sageform December 26, 2014 6:58 AM GMT
I have had a very small bet on Carraig Mor as he is on my horses to follow list from last year. A very big task today against several exciting novices. My other fancy at the prices is Sausolito Sunrise. He has only been beaten by Kings Palace who just could be special. Saphir de Reu is potentially very good but the price is crazy.
Report harry callaghan December 26, 2014 10:01 AM GMT
really good race this and plenty that want the cut...warden hill and creepy will like this ground and aren't as bad as the odds suggest 33-1 14-1 respectively is very fair as are the place odds...tough race and a brave man would take the short odds here on the good horse
Report sewter lives again December 26, 2014 11:35 AM GMT
I like Creepy at a price

If he runs and jumps like first time out at Chepstow on good ground then he will really test some of the others who want it soft.
Hardly beaten when when falling 5 out on soft at Chelt in Kings Palace's race.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 26, 2014 4:12 PM GMT
Coneygree didnt need it really soft afterall
Report sageform December 26, 2014 5:33 PM GMT
It is easy to say that Coneygree didn't have much to beat after the falls, but the early pace and his relentless fast jumping had them all on the stretch apart from Carraig Mor after 2 fences. I think it was the best performance by a novice chaser byfor a long time. Only Kings Palace or injury can stand between him and the RSA.
Report harry callaghan December 26, 2014 5:44 PM GMT
certainly looks at least as good as his brother...shame caraig mor didn't stand up but a good performance by the winner...he had a very hard race despite winning easily imo
Report sintonian December 26, 2014 8:53 PM GMT
..is everything reported to be ok with SDR? Perhaps they should go back to hurldes with him..
Report CVByrne December 26, 2014 9:07 PM GMT
I took 130.0 for World Hurdle as I tweeted when he fell. Nicholls had mooted staying hurdling at the beginning of the season. I'd chance him in the Cleeve and if he does well go in the World Hurdle. If not go to Aintree 3m novice chase.
Report Can't Catch Me December 26, 2014 9:25 PM GMT
Jumped superbly at Exeter. Can't see them giving up chasing just yet.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 26, 2014 9:27 PM GMT
If they really think SDR is a gold cup horse then should just continue his novice season but keep it away from top races. As he has already won a novice chase it would be silly to return to hurdling.
Report Benjy December 26, 2014 10:26 PM GMT
A winner Shocked

Absolute carnage to be fair but they seemed to go very fast which found out most in the jumping department.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 26, 2014 10:38 PM GMT
someone already posted that it was 1.5 secs behind the kg.
Report Benjy December 26, 2014 10:40 PM GMT
Yea Laugh I was there and haven't watched any recordings yet so couldn't comment. That's not the way it seemed though, oddly.
Report brandyontherocks December 26, 2014 10:47 PM GMT
The first circuit was faster than the George. That's what caught them out and made them finish tired.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 26, 2014 10:50 PM GMT
What was the time of Dynaste/feltham that i have had rammed down my throat for years ?
Report Benjy December 26, 2014 10:51 PM GMT
I assume he means the first circuit or it is a little pointless...

Experienced grade 1 chasers you would expect to go a stride or two quicker than novices though anyway tbf. Which also explains why they visually looked more comfortable.
Report Ibrahima Sonko December 26, 2014 11:01 PM GMT
he said it was the first circuit ???
Report sintonian December 27, 2014 9:01 AM GMT
So no one knows if all is OK with the horse?
Report sageform December 27, 2014 9:31 AM GMT
Final time was 4 seconds slower than the KG but that is still very good for a novice and he was not under pressure from another horse from a long way out
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com