Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Millerracing67
06 Mar 14 17:10
| Topic/replies: 3,222 | Blogger: Millerracing67's blog
The race of the meeting next Tues at the Festival imo Cool
Hurricane Fly has been a long time fav of mine & granted a bit of soft in the going next will be the one they all have to beat again this year. Looks as gd as ever this season even at the age of 10yrs & has showed 2 of the young pretenders to his crown the way home twice already in Ire, I see no reason for any turn around in that form imo.
The New One & My Tent Or Yours look the main dangers to me, especially if the ground dries out.
Glad to see a pacemaker being added by J.P & if that's the case, it should set things up for a great battle from 2 out with the big players (lets hope so)
At the moment & granted a fair bit of soft in the going for Day 1 of the Biggest NH show on Planet Earths racing world, its The Fly again for me Cool
Gd luck with your Champ Hdle hopes & the rest of wk lads Cool B LUCKY.
Pause Switch to Standard View Lets Get things STARTED Punters....
Show More
Report buddeliea March 6, 2014 6:16 PM GMT
What a nice post.
All the very best to you too.

The Fly for me as well,although I do think Melodic could surprise a few and run a big race.
Report ashleigh March 6, 2014 7:24 PM GMT
why not post on the cheltenham 2014 champion hurdle thread, plenty of sound comments since sept 2013.
Report Millerracing67 March 7, 2014 3:55 PM GMT
Melodic wants is near heavy in this company does he not budd ?
Ash; u must be talking about the big race NH 2014 thread.
Prefer an individual Champion Hurdle thread myself, but each to his or her own.
Report buddeliea March 7, 2014 5:30 PM GMT
Miller,
I think Melodic will relish a decent paced 2m race with an uphill finish,and as long as its good/soft at least he will run a big race,i know its been said that he needs it really soft, I dont subscribe to that mate.
Report MWDS March 7, 2014 5:40 PM GMT
http://community.betfair.com/cheltenham2011/go/forum/view/113609/196385/cheltenham-2013

Don't let the 2013 at the end put you off, there are hundreds of threads all about...2014.
Report dementia March 7, 2014 9:32 PM GMT
Melodic for me, backed at 30. Pretty sure if PN or NH trained it would be much shorter.
Report Jobroke March 7, 2014 10:26 PM GMT
Been like Morocco in Cheltenham today.  Good going (after first race).
Report FOYLESWAR March 7, 2014 10:41 PM GMT
our conor for me had a lumpy bet by my standards and mytent for a cover bet ! will  be a belter of a race !
Report Glossy March 7, 2014 10:48 PM GMT
Melodic a huge e/w price. Completely unexposed against the best and likely to benefit from a generous gallop.
Report Ibrahima Sonko March 8, 2014 9:07 AM GMT
I really dont buy into this view that the going will be good at cheltenham, we have had the wettest ever year, well start of 2014 but for some reason a week of slightly mild temperatures and the ground will be fast. I know cheltenham racecourse is 500m above sea level and drains well but it will be testing ground whatever it is described as.

Cant wait for tuesday and for melodic win lose or draw.
Report Millerracing67 March 8, 2014 1:02 PM GMT
They wont let it start on gd ground (would they?) Forecast as far as I can see is for dry mild weather from this wkend till Gold Cup day. Would not be surprised to hear that the "taps" have been turned on 2moro/Monday Shocked.
Expect it will start on g/s come Tues.
Agree that Melodic is a bit over priced, but just cant have him winning a Champion Hdle & this looks a HOT 1.
Report Try My Best March 8, 2014 5:17 PM GMT
The New One for me as i think he will have the best acceleration off a good gallop
Report Howdi March 8, 2014 8:26 PM GMT
The Hurricane has been beaten once in four years I wouldn't lay him with counterfit
Report Howdi March 8, 2014 8:27 PM GMT
Melodic ren lovely horse cracking attitude but if he struggles to wear down Zark he won't know whats hit him here - hottest race I can remember at the fez let alone champion.
Report Millerracing67 March 9, 2014 3:49 PM GMT
Don't think The Fly would want the ground to dry out much more, as his best form is with plenty of cut in the ground. On soft he would be a strong fancy imo.
The gd/ish ground will suit My T or Ys & The New 1.
Have not had a bet in the race yet & will wait now till Tues morn.
Report Steamship March 9, 2014 4:15 PM GMT
The closer it gets the more I think we will see a supersytar performance from Our Connor
Report mac99 March 10, 2014 5:59 PM GMT
Agree with Steamship Our Conor looks good ,has got to beat Hurricane Fly imo
Report Navel-Gazer March 10, 2014 7:15 PM GMT
At the risk of being a massive after-timer, I've backed the last two 5yo hurdlers to win this race in Katchit (11/1 as a saver because I couldn't find anything else that was value besides my old friend Harchibald) & See You Then (a very generous 16/1) and I think Our Conor will be another one.

The most impressive Triumph winner in decades and he's progressed since so that gives him a definite chance to nail a rare double.
Report Millerracing67 March 10, 2014 10:50 PM GMT
Tough race for 5yos the Champion imo.
Think The Fly & The New 1 will fight this out in the final climb for my £££.
Great race in-store CoolCoolCool
Report Millerracing67 March 11, 2014 1:27 PM GMT
Done both at 7/2 this morn.
60/40 split in The Fly's favour.
Gd luck with yours bets in the Champion lads.
And win plenty this wk Cool B LUCKY Cool
Report Millerracing67 March 11, 2014 3:46 PM GMT
Well done to any backers of Jezki, J P & Jessie Cool
Hope Our Conor is OK, fingers X.
Bit of a turn-up in my book, but a combo of "that hood" gd ground & a positive ride has won the day.
The Fly seemed to hang badly on that ground, needs it softer.
The unlucky horse of the race was The New 1, but needs to improve that hurdling to win a Champion.
Report Millerracing67 March 11, 2014 4:00 PM GMT
Very sad news about Our Conor Cry
Casts a shadow over the day Sad & rest of the wk.
No more please God.
Report Steamship March 11, 2014 4:25 PM GMT
Dreadful about Our Conor and want to blame the jockey going off to fast and the ground too fast, however it's racing and these things happen but it still kicks you in the stomach.

Well done to connections of Jezki it came right on the big day, but a very unsatisfactory race on many levels.
Report mac99 March 11, 2014 6:22 PM GMT
Sad day with the death of a brave and genuine Horse,could it have been avoided , was the watering policy correct, will it now change? it should imo
Report breadnbutter March 13, 2014 9:43 PM GMT
what watering policy is that ?
Report Millerracing67 March 14, 2014 1:07 PM GMT
Henderson & Nicholls ask them not 2 Shocked
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com