Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PeteTheBloke
15 Sep 13 10:27
| Topic/replies: 3,709 | Blogger: PeteTheBloke's blog
The ever-generous bookies go 7/2 DoW and 4/1 The Fugue. They are 16.5 and 20.0 on here. That might lead you to expect
value elsewhere but it doesn't seem to be the case - only one horse is shorter here than with the books, and that's
Cirrus. It's not a very liquid market, but if you fancy DoW to turn up then you can still get fifty quid on before you're taking 7/2.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 263
By:
BJG
When: 15 Sep 13 10:38
I cant back/lay anythin in this tbh - could get hit if layin a runner! Anythin could turn up and plenty who wont, hard to know, Arc/Breeders Cup etc
By:
sintonian
When: 15 Sep 13 10:43
Hard to predict market but anyone laying The Fugue at 20/1 needs their fuocking head testing.
By:
EastLower Gooner
When: 15 Sep 13 10:47
and the race is pretty valuable $$$$wise now too...enough for a trainer / owner to just wait and see what the ground is like before committing to the Breeders Cup...although with Aidan that doesn't matter as he'd just run them in everything at this stage ie SYT and Excelerbration.
By:
sintonian
When: 15 Sep 13 10:52
exactly ELG, money is so good for this race trainers will just wait and see what the entries/likely participants are so it is dangerous to be laying at 10/1 +. They will change plans at the last minute if they have to and come to Ascot.

I reckon Al Kazeem will skip the Arc and come straight here fwiw.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 15 Sep 13 15:08
Took a bit of the 15 about Farhh for this on here as I think this will be his end of season target, gd report from the boysNblue manager this wk on ATR.
Will come here a fresh horse if lining up & take a bit of beating imo.
Don't see them running him against Dawn Approach in the QE11.
Intello would be a major player if giving the Arc a miss in favour of this race.
Al Kazeem looks to be feeling the effects of a tough summer of G1s, only if it came up very soft would I rate his chances imo.
By:
sintonian
When: 15 Sep 13 15:27
Farhh good shout at a price. Just wonder if he has had one setback too many but he is unlikely to take on Dawn Approach.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 15 Sep 13 15:29
I think at the prices sint he is the value & will be much shorter on the day if lining up.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 15 Sep 13 17:54
..... will be much shorter on the day if lining up.

Well that is certainly true.

What price is he to race? If I thought DoW was evens to turn up I'd be helping myself to the 15+ on here.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 16 Sep 13 19:22
After being withdrawn on near gd ish ground last time he will prob need it to be g/f on the 19th of Oct (very unlikely) Looks like he could be being readied for the breeders meeting (poss a crack at the Classic?)
By:
sintonian
When: 17 Sep 13 14:36
Al Kazeem going for the Arc.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 17 Sep 13 18:42
Unless it comes up on the faster side of gd I would think.
Does look the right call as every time I have seen him at 10f he looks like he want further. Had a tough season already tho & some hard races on fast ground looks to have left its effects on him. We shall see???
By:
sintonian
When: 18 Sep 13 16:01
Triple Threat being aimed here apparently.
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 21 Sep 13 18:53
The ever-generous bookies go 7/2 DoW and 4/1 The Fugue. They are 16.5 and 20.0 on here. That might lead you to expect
value elsewhere but it doesn't seem to be the case - only one horse is shorter here than with the books, and that's
Cirrus. It's not a very liquid market, but if you fancy DoW to turn up then you can still get fifty quid on before you're taking 7/2.

DoW - last price matched 4.5. Looks like the bookies were closer than the BF market makers.
By:
sageform
When: 24 Sep 13 06:13
Are those prices ante post or run guaranteed?
By:
BJG
When: 24 Sep 13 08:49
AP
By:
johnnyrant
When: 24 Sep 13 17:55
This used to be such a great race on the Rowley Mile. A very fair 10f galloping track. Terrible decision to move it to Ascot. Racing round that bend there is a significant draw bias. Regardless of the prize money it has lost its lustre imho. The Arc puts it to shame.
By:
Figgis
When: 24 Sep 13 18:07
I was unsure when I first heard about the switch but if the last two runnings are an indicator of the future then I'm all for it. They were both high class renewals. Ok last year's had the obvious advantage of Frankel but the first running at Ascot was also a quality affair, much better than recent runnings at Newmarket, hopefully it'll continue.
By:
Masterminded
When: 24 Sep 13 19:27
Think the race has been much better since moving to Ascot. Should run the Dewhurst on Champions day too.
By:
sintonian
When: 24 Sep 13 19:56
At the moment we just don't know who is going to run but that doesn't mean it won't be a top race.
By:
Masterminded
When: 25 Sep 13 11:18
Agree Sint sure some Arc runners etc will be turning up
By:
sageform
When: 27 Sep 13 10:28
Anyone seen any news about Remote? If it runs he will be my choice for the Champion Stakes.
By:
sintonian
When: 27 Sep 13 11:41
Not seen since Royal Ascot. Not sure why by a big chance if running, looks really progressive.

Grandeur won at Goodwood the other day to boost Mukhadram's York form.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 27 Sep 13 13:17
Must have had some kind of setback since R/Ascot. Have not read anything myself tho ??
Viewing the gallop reports in the weekender every wk, he does not seem to be galloping in the jonny G gang, did look a very promising 3yo at R/Ascot.
By:
sintonian
When: 02 Oct 13 11:27
AK won't run here according to Owner. Has been sold to stand at Stud for the Queen.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 02 Oct 13 17:20
Running in the Arc on sunday sint, did not expect him to run in both, he has had a tough season as it is.
By:
sintonian
When: 03 Oct 13 12:03
Yeah I know but it's now official.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 05 Oct 13 14:36
Cirrus getting back to something like his best after another win 2day.
Granted soft ground would be the main danger to Farhh imo.
By:
sintonian
When: 05 Oct 13 17:12
He was quite impressive wasn't he? What Corrine Barande-Barbe is doing with him reminds me of what Sir Henry Cecil did with Twice Over. When his form dipped he dropped a couple of grades, got a couple of easy wins and built up his confidence/fitness and then Won another group 1. It seems to work with these older horses.
By:
brigust1
When: 05 Oct 13 17:41
You have to remember the 2nd horse has only won a Listed race and he wasn't running away from him. In today's race the only other Gr1 winner was Planteur who is only really Listed class. How Lads were laying 3/1 last night is beyond me. I've been backing this horse all season and in his last 2 races, the easiest of the lot he has been the biggest prices.
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Oct 13 07:40
Only 11 days away.

Who of the beaten Arc runners may show up?
By:
sintonian
When: 07 Oct 13 11:22
Looks like The Fugue may now run. Props to Johnny G who has seemingly lead people up a garden path with this one imo.
By:
Figgis
When: 07 Oct 13 12:46
If Farhh turns up in top form he's a lump on job for me.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 07 Oct 13 12:53
Mainly dry weather forecast (upto next Wednesday at any rate) though at this time of year it's not going to be proper quick ground and any rain really makes a difference.

Hillstar @ 33/1 piqued my interest - likes the track and easier ground than he had in the summer should suit him.
By:
brigust1
When: 07 Oct 13 13:21
At risk of insult Camelot may not be a back number. He beat St Nic in the Arc and was rated a better horse by the stable. St Nic is equal to Farhh at 10f and to Cirrus des Aigles at his best. He has had a long rest and is reported to be working well and on target for this. I've had a few quid on at big prices. Providing he turns up should be an easy lay off.
By:
brandyontherocks
When: 07 Oct 13 13:25
Where have you heard that Sint?

Tricky race at the moment.

Farhh was very impressive at Newbury, but with declaration Of War clearly not running up to his best and the others short of group 1 class, the style of victory was probably exaggerated. His 2nd to Frankel in last seasons juddmonte gives him chances tho.

Declaration of War has ran with credit all season but just doesn't do it for me. Not a horse you could back with confidence to run up to his very best, and probably will need to improve on anything he has achieved so far.

Cirrus has ran to higher marks than anything else in this field and if he is back to his very best will be very hard to beat. His win in France visually looked good on Saturday but the opposition were not up to what he will face here.

Richard Hannon jnr hinted that Sky Lantern is a probable for this race and at 38's on here i think is worth a dabble. She gets plenty of weight, held her form all year and looks a top notch filly to me.
By:
Millerracing67
When: 08 Oct 13 11:44
Be very surprised if The Fugue turns up for this race, the Breeders Cup is the plan is it not? Already backed Farhh for a gd few ££ on here, Cirrus on soft ground would be the big danger in my book.
By:
sintonian
When: 08 Oct 13 12:21
read it on Twitter yesterday, Brandy.
By:
BJG
When: 08 Oct 13 12:45
Farhh friendless today on here
By:
PeteTheBloke
When: 08 Oct 13 13:05
Strange. If you were sure he was fit you'd have to give him a strong chance. Maybe he's not coming.
Page 1 of 7  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com