Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
FatoteSport
19 Mar 13 12:57
| Topic/replies: 408 | Blogger: FatoteSport's blog
I really fancy Hunter's Light for this at 6/1. He has looked very good over C&D this season. My shortlist came down to this:

Royal Delta - got hampered when coming off the bend last year, so I can't write her off. She was impressive at the Breeders Cup again and looks a bit special.
Animal Kingdom - has some solid form in the book. I assume he usually races on Lasix but won't be here and that could be a concern
Monterosso - unbelievably easy winner of this last year so as much as I want to put a line through him, I can't.
Kassiano - Got boxed in last time behind Hunter's Light, but came flying home. He's very interesting, but I'm not sure he's actually got an entry?

I would have had Little Mike on the shortlist but not sure he's taken to tapeta. Struggling to find the invites/entries if anyone has a link - also for all the other races that day. Shea Shea I guess must be going for the Al Quoz sprint - he looked very good LTO (although prior run in a handicap wasn't great).

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 41
By:
MrDinos
When: 19 Mar 13 21:42
A link for Trakus Race Analysis below. Some really good info regarding key sectional times, ground coverage data analysis, and more on the prep races which took place a couple of weeks ago for the Duabi World Cup meeting.

http://amwestentertainment.com/dubai-racing/recaps/race-analysis/

Looks like Little Mike is being aimed at the Duty Free.

Info from Dubai Race Night

"In an article from Bloodhorse, the current report suggests Little Mike, winner of the Breeders’ Cup Turf, will go in the Dubai Duty Free (G1) instead of the Dubai Sheema Classic (G1)."
By:
MrDinos
When: 21 Mar 13 20:41
French Fifteen has been officialy invited to participate in the Dubai Duty Free and Nicolas Clement has confirmed he will take his place. He ran a decent race at Chantilly on the All Weather track a few weeks ago after a long time on the sidelines and that will hopefully have blown the cobwebs away. A strong pace is key for him to show his true ability IMO and I'm not sure whether he will get it the way the races have been run over the last few years at Meydan on World Cup night. I'm hoping he gets some pace because I will more than likely back him on the night!

Other eye catching runners on Dubai Race Nights projected fields PDF are Giofra, also in the Duty Free and the Japanese Triple Crown/Japan Cup winner Gentildonna in the Sheema Classic (most of us knew she was coming over). I've attached a link for the PDF from the Dubai Race Night website showing their projected lineups for each race.

Nothing in the World Cup race floats my boat but I will be having a dabble in some of the other races!

http://www.dubairacingclub.com/sites/default/files/likely_fields_mar_21_update.pdf
By:
MrDinos
When: 23 Mar 13 13:25
Meydan Trackwork Report – Saturday 23 March 2013
Information by Pat Cummings, Dubai Race Night.

Saturday morning was the first day the American shippers were allowed out of quarantine and most made an appearance at Meydan. The international shippers are permitted on the main Meydan courses from 5:00 A.M. to 7:30 A.M., and then on the training track beginning at 8:00 A.M., while locally-based runners are due on each course at the opposite times.

Royal Delta, back for her second tilt at the Dubai World Cup, was the first horse on track at 5:35 A.M., joined by Christophe Clement-trainee Varsity, due to go in the Al Quoz Sprint. While Royal Delta galloped a lap of the Tapeta, Varsity just hacked around, his secondary saddle pad from home, emblazoned with the “CC” initials of his trainer quite noticeable. Great Attack, a fellow turf sprinter, got his first spin of Meydan without trouble.

Animal Kingdom emerged at 6:45 A.M. and was absolutely full of himself. With high action, the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner was all about getting down to business and likely went fast enough to record a time under normal American training conditions. Alice Clapham was aboard Animal Kingdom, and she had her hands full.  The son of Leroidesanimaux was looking about his new surroundings, especially at the end of the work which was clearly visible from my position at the 1,400-meter pole, and had his head cocked to the right, almost in search of his relatively unintended workmate, believed to be Maritimer for Seth Benzel. While there is no definitive word on how one would judge this work, it was absolutely, positively, the fastest trackwork we witnessed on the Tapeta from Saturday.

Private Zone, winless in America but with a handful of impressive placings, seemed the most “together” of the horses that shipped into Dubai on Wednesday. He got a jogging start from the extended one-mile chute and galloped a lap of the track without turning a hair. He quickly spun back around and jogged back into the chute and off he went.  Overall, it was a very professional appearance from a quirky gelding.

Little Mike took a spin of the turf course with owner Priscilla Vaccarezza’s husband Carlo, and highly entertaining son Nick, overseeing the gallop. Vaccarezza indicated that there still remains a choice between the Dubai Duty Free over 1,800 meters or the Dubai Sheema Classic at 2,410 meters, and he seemed truly perplexed by the decision. Tammy Fox had the ride on Little Mike before returning to the barn and taking Dullahan for a spin on the training track.  This guy just looks a fabulous specimen and has truly held the flesh he carried when images first surfaced following his late February ship prior to running on Super Saturday. The Pacific Classic winner seems ripe for improvement in the $10 million race.

It was not as smooth a morning for America’s champion sprinter Trinniberg, who was due to gallop over the main track at Meydan. Trainer Shivananda Parbhoo came to the main work viewing area and kept waiting for his horse. He called back to the barn at 7:05 A.M. and learned that the Breeders’ Cup Sprint winner had not left the stable yet. Given the layout of Meydan, and the fact that the international runners are to be off the course by 7:30 A.M., there was no way Trinniberg could get to the track and stretch his legs in time.  Parbhoo retreated to the barn and regrouped, sending Trinniberg towards the Meydan training track.  Meydan has a massive complex, and the barns that are on course are well spread out, connected by a maze of Tapeta paths. The training track has a 1,800-meter Tapeta surface outside a one-mile grass course, although the grass course is only open three days a week (not Saturday).  Once there, Trinniberg galloped a lap and seemed to be blowing quite hard following the work.  We saw He’s Had Enough heading to the training track around 8:15 A.M., but missed his actual appearance. Overall, the only American shipper we did not see was Paddy Gallagher trainee and El Camino Derby winner Dice Flavor.

A host of runners for the Al Quoz Sprint made an appearance on Saturday morning, including Medicean Man, a Carnival winner for Jeremy Gask, last year’s Al Quoz second Sole Power, Mick Halford’s Russian Soul and Hong Kong shipper Eagle Regiment. All turned in gallops over the course without leaving any superlative impressions. Later in the morning, fellow Al Quoz chances Invincible Ash, winner of the 2012 Meydan Sprint, and Spirit Quartz, winless since the 2011 Premio Tudini in Italy, got a circuit of the training track. Red Jazz, due for the Godolphin Mile, galloped on the grass, as did Saddler’s Rock (Dubai Gold Cup) and Royal Diamond. Jim Cornes of the Dubai Racing Club unofficially got Royal Diamond’s final 600 meters in 37.10 seconds, while Saddler’s Rock did the chore in 38.68 seconds.

Dubai Duty Free runners Ocean Park, the winner of the 2012 Cox Plate, and Trade Storm took spins. Ocean Park was eye-catching over the Tapeta, doing his work well off the rail.  The Gary Hennessy trainee wore cheekpieces for his work and he certainly appeared focused as a result.

Red Cadeaux, making a start in the Dubai World Cup, seemed plenty fluent through a circuit of the all-weather. The Hong Kong Vase winner has back form on the all-weather, but it was amongst lesser company, and naturally, over longer. Glancing at the lifetime form of the 2011 Melbourne Cup second, and you really get to wondering how he will handle a drop to 2,000 meters. A 7-year-old gelding, if Red Cadeaux runs in the Dubai World Cup, it will be the shortest race of his career since a May 2009 maiden race at Ripon over 1,800 meters.

It is worth noting that none of the 26 runners expected to run at the Dubai World Cup meeting under the care of Saeed bin Suroor or Mahmood Al Zarooni are likely to be seen preparing for the races by international media this week. Instead, these horses are based at either Al Quoz (situated just north of Meydan) or Marmoom Stables (south of Meydan, in the desert). The first opportunity to see a Dubai World Cup meeting Godolphin starter is when they appear in the parade ring at the races.

More international runners are due to arrive in the UAE on Saturday and should make their first appearance on course Monday or Tuesday.
By:
MrDinos
When: 24 Mar 13 12:18
Meydan Trackwork Report – Sunday 24 March 2013

Let the message not be confused, we don’t know what any of this actually means. Good?  Bad? Indifferent? Keen? Overworking? Impossible? If you are looking for some dramatic interpretation of body language and what it all means, you will not get that from us, but rather, a simple reporting of the facts.  Animal Kingdom is simply a handful in Dubai. For the second consecutive day, the 2011 Kentucky Derby winner was looking all about at Meydan.

It took two outriders to get Animal Kingdom to progress through the 1,600-meter chute (from where the horses enter the track) and then onto the main course. Once there, he broke off and galloped more than a lap, and rider Alice Clapham had her hands full yet again. Coming through the first turn at Meydan (which was the end of the lap), Animal Kingdom galloped with his head focused on anything but what was in front him, looking about to the right. We don’t recall seeing this in his final Breeders’ Cup gallops in 2012, and again, we are not deeming this a positive or a negative.  We don’t know what to make of him – he could be in tip condition and incredibly playful and happy or it could be the opposite. This much is certain, he makes an impression solely as a result of his antics, however it may go.

As for more on the American shippers, Dullahan worked 1,000 meters in 1:01.38, running the fourth 200-meter segment in 11.44 seconds according to the Dubai Racing Club’s Jim Cornes. Little Mike worked 1,000 meters on grass, getting the distance in a progressive 1:03.94 (through sectionals of 13.50, 13.25, 12.60, 12.66, and 11.93). Varsity, the Al Quoz Sprint chance was well-lathered after a lap at 5:45 A.M, while his partner of the previous day, Royal Delta, came out at sunrise and was quite playful and keen in her gallop.  It’s worth noting that Royal Delta has looked as good as she did last year in her trackwork appearance.  She was completely shuffled around in-running and just faded, obviously coming back to her best soon thereafter. Private Zone galloped another lap in exactly the same form as Saturday, while He’s Had Enough seemed quite professional in a later morning gallop. Dice Flavor made his first appearance on the main track at 6:40 A.M. and wheeled a circuit in fine fettle.

Trinniberg, sent to the course earlier by trainer Shivananda Parbhoo, was back on schedule Sunday after a miscommunication kept him relegated to the training track. He cantered through two laps of Meydan and took a gander at the starting gate.

A cadre of international Al Quoz Sprint runners made appearances, including Russian Soul, Great Attack, Joy and Fun (2010 Al Quoz winner, when the race was run over 1,200 meters), Eagle Regiment, and Monsieur Joe. None left an overwhelming impression and ticked over as most would expect. New Zealand’s Ocean Park hacked over the Tapeta again with part-owner and trainer Gary Hennessy looking on in earnest. Elleval took a lap of Meydan early in the session. Red Cadeaux was proficient in another circuit of Meydan.

A quartet of Mike de Kock runners galloped around Meydan when local runners were permitted on course, with Patrick Cosgrave partnering Dubai Sheema Classic contender, and Meydan course record holder at 2,000 meters on grass, Await The Dawn, along with troubled filly Emotif (UAE Derby). Separately, Derby contender Zahee and Dubai Duty Free chance, and Al Fahidi Fort winner Mushreq took a spin.

Many are still to make their first debut with the Japanese runners and many of the Europeans still to clear quarantine. Word around the course is that Dubai World Cup chance Meandre has been sold to new connections in advance of the world’s richest race, although final confirmation is not likely for another day.  Entries for all races are due on Monday, with the draw to take place shortly after 9:00 A.M. local time. While the field will be known for the Dubai World Cup, the post position will occur in a ceremony at Meydan at 3:00 P.M. local time on Wednesday.
By:
judorick
When: 26 Mar 13 14:20
Dubai World Cup Meeting Analysis & Betting Advice, Sat 30 March 2013

A truly superb meeting and some fantastic betting races including the richest race in the world the Dubai World Cup itself. I've been betting with success in the trial races leading up to the meeting and we've had a good few wins off the likes of Shea Shea, Barbecue Eddie, Hunters Light and friends.

I'm hoping to have another successful meeting with the recommended bets. As ever, my focus is on value so if, for instance, I recommend a favourite then you can be sure it is going to be hard to beat. In some other cases I may recommend one at a bigger price if there is not much in it on form. However, it will always pay to keep a close eye on the markets and in particular for late moves against our runners.

Godolphin and Mike de Kock have dominated much of the build up and they have strong chances of picking up a few races and no doubt we will be on some of them here. General advice is to make sure you get non runner no bet (NRNB) on all bets.

Godolphin Mile Group 2

First race on the card and the first of Mike de Kock's battalions in the form of the unbeaten Soft Falling Rain. He holds a clear form edge on my analysis, is unbeaten and a course and distance winner which is important here as this is run on the Tapeta all weather surface. This represents one of the best bets on the night and I recommend taking the current best price of 3 to 1.

Back Soft Falling Rain 3 points win nrnb

UAE Derby Group 2 10 furlongs

Third race on the card. Very difficult race really with a whole bunch of unexposed 3 year olds but I think there is a solid bet to be had here. Godolphin have the favourite (Secret Number) who has only had two runs and won them both. He is completely unexposed and could be way too good but those of you who know me will not be surprised that I want to take on the 'potential' horse with one with solid form, experience of the track and at a bigger price. Step forward SHURUQ, also a Godolphin horse, who won over C&D in very good style on his last start and is available at 8s. He represents excellent each way value in my opinion

Back Shuruq 2 points each way @ 8s nrnb

Al Quoz Sprint Group 1 5 furlongs (turf)

Fourth race and one of the highlights of the card. Top class sprinters hurtling down the track at 40 mph+ will be quite a sight. An old friend of ours is the red hot favourite here and will take some beating because he is incredibly fast. SHEA SHEA absolutely hacked up in a blistering time when we backed him last time out and I am steaming in again. I'm recommending 5 points win at the current 7 to 4 but will probably have more myself.

Back Shea Shea 5 points win nrnb

Dubai Golden Shaheen Group 1 6 furlongs (Tapeta)

5th race on the card and a fascinating one too. Firstly, it features last years winner Krypton Factor who would surely be a big player if bouncing back to his best and at 12s would be a sporting bet. However, he has not been producing his best form in the run up and I can't be betting on the hope that horses bounce back. Aussie sprinters have been doing well in the last few years and this is a genuine top class one for sure.

Then there is the American challenger, Trinniberg, who looks all speed and must be a big danger to all especially if getting an easy lead as I expect he will front run. I have not got a strong line on the form but he is clearly quick. A speed duel up front might do for him though.

I have to mention Tamaathul who I made a note of when he won on the turf track at 6 furlongs here in January. He then raced in the Group 3 race on the Tapeta on Valentines Day where he was very badly drawn and did well to be beaten only 3 lengths. I don't really think he is good enough for this Group 1 and has been unkindly treated in the draw again however I think he is better than shown so far. He might be worth a small bet each way at a huge price especially as I am recommending the winner of that Group 3 as the main bet.

Godolphin brought MENTAL over from Australia after he won a Grade 1 and he looked a very special horse when winning on his UAE debut with any amount in hand. He's a hold up horse with a smart turn of foot and will benefit from a strongly run race. Clearly with that run style he will need some luck in running but he is super fast. Expect to see him emerge from the pack a furlong from home... whoosh!

Back Mental 4 points win nrnb

Back Tamaathul 0.5 point ew 25+ nrnb

Dubai Duty Free Group 1 9 furlongs (turf)

Straight on to another cracking betting race (race 6 on the card) and back to Mike de Kock who has a very strong hand here. We were on The Apache last time when he was nabbed late on by Sajjhaa, who both re-oppose here, but I am switching attention to the stables other horse MUSHREQ who has been a revelation since switched to the turf here. He will be another that wants a strongly run race and will be delivered late with his strong finishing kick. Very solid each way around 10s!!

I would be sick if The Apache wins but I honestly don't think he is good enough this time.

Back Mushreq 2 points each way nrnb

Dubai World Cup Group 1 10 furlongs (Tapeta)

The showpiece event and the richest race in the world no less. Bringing together the best around and an incredibly difficult race to weigh up especially with regards to how the race will be run. I have to say I am against the current favourite, Royal Delta, an American trained front running mare. Clearly high class but she's not for me. I am equally against last years winner Monterosso and runner up Caponi both from Godolphin.

It's another Godolphin runner that catches my eye and one we backed last time out when he hacked up and it is of course AFRICAN STORY. He has won 5 of his 6 starts on artificial surfaces and if getting the breaks will surely go close again

Back African Story  2 points each way nrnb

DUBAI WORLD CUP UPDATE

Apologies for the screw up, got my information wrong and thought HUNTER'S LIGHT was not running. We have backed him in both wins this year and we cannot desert him now

3 points ew 9 to 2 nrnb

Remaining Races

I have not put up bets in the second race (Dubai Gold Cup) nor the seventh race (Dubai Sheema Classic) as they look very trappy to me.

The Gold Cup over two miles has the potential to be a funny race and I don't have an angle. If I had to bet it would definitely be the Godolphin horse Ahzeemah. But I won't be betting

The Sheema Classic features some smart middle distance runners like St Nicholas Abbey, Dunaden,
Await The Dawn and Shareta. Very difficult judgement call to make as they are mostly making seasonal debut. I like Dunaden the most but he won't want a steady race. St Nicholas Abbey usually runs well but needs every inch and won't want a tactical race either. I prefer to watch than bet.

Anyway, hope this gives you some fun whilst watching the meeting and more importantly makes some money. The NAP is Shea Shea, by some distance, and if you only want one bet then it would be him. However, they are all value bets and I will be getting stuck in

this is what I've sent to my usual gang
By:
FatoteSport
When: 26 Mar 13 15:16
Do you not fancy gentildonna judo?
By:
judorick
When: 26 Mar 13 15:30
nope
By:
DMCK
When: 26 Mar 13 16:06
Saddlers Rock badly needed the run in the trial race and will have come on loads from it, he will be a seriously competitive price for this contest and as a horse who prefers better underfoot conditions il be happy to have a 3pts punt on him.

Sole Power is a horse who owes me nothing and im guilty of following him for the past couple of years but only when he has the ground he wants, he is a great hold up horse who has the gears to overtake horses in the lat furlong. The horse is guilty of needing a race each year and his 2nd to already race fit Shea Shea was a great performance if you look at replay and see how shea shea had all the luck in running and Sole Power had to weave and kick on and wasnt pushed for final 100yards. Sole Power was guilty of being not driven out to finish in this race last year and was beaten on line by what turned out to be a very high class filly. 4pts bet on Sole Power @11-2

i am guilty myself of being a fan of Mike DeKock and i prefer a good price in these competitive Dubai fixtures so at decent prices i like at 1pt ew MasterofHounds (looks better inhimself thanever)and Igugu (needs/needed time to get over 1year lay off due to quarantine),

For the big one im a fan of the Animal, i can add nothing about him the people havnt already heard.
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 26 Mar 13 22:11
fancy planteur ew for the world cup.

nice little warm up at lingfield from the front.

last year he ran his seasonal debut in the world cup but only got 3rd.....should be a bit sharper.

monterosso looks gone at the game ....could bounce back but i doubt it.
so comparing form lines is a bit misleading.

think planteur should beat the 2 that beat him last year.

the owrry is the fav but at the odds worth a go ew
By:
G1_Jockey_4
When: 26 Mar 13 22:12
i say a bit sharper...lol i mean a lot shrper
By:
roobuck
When: 27 Mar 13 01:22
I agree DMCK on both Saddler's Rock and Sole Power ( a cliff horse for me as well )
By:
jed.davison
When: 27 Mar 13 04:26
Surely the Japanese filly's form with Orfevre is the best on offer in the Sheema Classic? She's got the better of the official top-rated middle-distance horse in the world, who looked all over the Arc winner.

She's entitled to have plenty of improvement left in her after only seven starts, and they're all pretty much exposed otherwise.

Also quite interested in Secret Number in the UAE Derby, has looked a very tidy animal in both its starts.

One of the highlights of the season for me this card, and looks right up to standard this year.

I'll probably chuck a few each-way quid on Capponi in the big race.
By:
MrDinos
When: 27 Mar 13 08:01
Gentildonna Track Work Notes – Monday 25 March 2013
Information by Pat Cummings, Dubai Race Night

"There should be no denying the most impressive mover of Monday’s trackwork session at Meydan – 2012 Japan Cup winner Gentildonna.  Making her first appearance out of quarantine, she came on the course with two countrymates, UAE Derby longshot Keiai Leone and similarly big priced Dubai Golden Shaheen chance Taisei Legend. All three emerged in a straight line out of the 1,600-meter chute and moved onto the main course and Gentildonna was gone. Under nothing more than a steady gallop, she powered away from the pair and opened up a 300-meter lead around the far turn, hitting the finish more than 200 meters in front."

I will be very surprised if Gentildonna gets turned over in the Sheema Classic, her Japanese form is rock solid. It was hard to weigh up how good the Japanese 3 year old fillies were last year but the Triple Crown Winner left no doubt how good she is when touching off the "Monster" Orfevre in the Japan Cup. The form of that race was boosted with another superb performance form Rulership in the Arima Kinen. He once again blew the start in that race giving the field nearly a six length start but he finished his race off once again with real power to come home third behind Gold Ship who looks a top, top class colt. I rate Gold Ship up there with the Orfevre and Gentildonna so I will be shocked if she gets beat Saturday. Also Red Cadeaux went on to to win the Hong Kong Vase after his run behind Gentildonna in the Japan Cup, another form boost.
By:
jonjon
When: 27 Mar 13 12:45
WC DRAW

1 - Treasure Beach
2 - Red Cadeaux
3- Dullahan
4 - Hunters Light (Plum)
5 - Capponi
6 - Side glance
7 - Planteur
8 - Royal Delta
9 - Meandre
10 - Monterosso
11 - African story (urgh hand forced to drop out now)
12 - Animal Kingdom (should probably just go home now)
13 - Kassiano (MURDERED)
By:
judorick
When: 27 Mar 13 13:10
Hunters Light Love
By:
MrDinos
When: 27 Mar 13 20:12
Meydan Trackwork Report – Wednesday 27 March 2013

The final major question marks of the 2013 Dubai World Cup pre-race festivities came to a close at Meydan when the connections of 13 runners selected their post positions after an hour-long ceremonial draw. From a full room in the IMAX theatre lobby, Hunter’s Light’s Godolphin connections selected post four and were installed as the 7-2 morning line favorite on the U.S. tote for the world’s richest race.

The only major surprise was the placing of Animal Kingdom in gate 12, but there just does not seem to be any huge concern about it. Capponi, the second placer in 2012 and unseen since that performance, ran on from gate 11. Main speed horses in the Dubai World Cup, Planteur and Royal Delta, are both drawn inside of Animal Kingdom, so there should be some room to secure a not-terribly wide trip.

Back on Wednesday morning, it seemed a busy day for horses that were asked to do likely final speed work on course. Mr. Big, Singapore’s only hope for the meeting, will start on the stand-side rail in that event and worked up against that same spot yesterday. The consistent galloper ran through progressive final splits of :15,78, :14.14, and :13.72 when asked for very little.  Royal Delta blew out 600 meters for Bill Mott, who positioned himself well clear of the media throng to watch the gallop before graciously answering a host of questions from reporters representing six continents. The two-time Breeders’ Cup Ladies’ Classic winner was caught by the Dubai Racing Club’s Jim Cornes with sectionals of :12.25, :11.99, and :11.40, all in hand under Rodolphe Brisset.

Ocean Park, the four-time Australian Group 1 winner from 2012, got three taps of the whip on his flank in his only speed work since being in the UAE, blowing out a quarter in :23.52 seconds on grass. Earlier, old mare Invincible Ash put forth a progressive effort over 800 meters in :51.03 seconds, with final 200-meter sectionals in :11.22 and :11.34 seconds.

A cadre of runners visiting the training track at Meydan, but distance limitations prevented coverage of those works.  As we mentioned previously in our trackwork reports, no Godolphin runners are seen by the media, which does often yield significant more coverage on the same types of international shippers. Still, it makes sense that these horses who have been in the UAE for so long do not endure the same focus considering their lack of travel or routine changes.

The Japanese media flocked to Gentildonna, who did a light gallop on grass, recorded by Jim Cornes in incremental sectionals of :14.45, :13.06, and :12.18. She was equipped with a full ear-covering hood. The Japan Cup winner visited the starting gate for schooling, which included an approximate ten-minute circling and two-minute standing when locked away. The latch was sprung and she hopped briefly and trotted out for all of five seconds. While youth is on her side, she behaved like a consummate professional beyond her years and experience.

Do 600-meter gallops matter when you are running a horse in a race over two miles? If so, Saddler’s Rock caught Cornes’s eye in fine fashion, working in :14.13, :12.19, and :11.82.

The highly-rumored sale of Dubai World Cup starter Meandre was confirmed via French media reports just after the post-position draw. It is believed that the total sum was approximately $7 million for the three-time Group 1 winning entire. Maxime Guyon is due to ride for new owner Ramzan Kadyrov, whose Zazou was fifth in last year’s Dubai World Cup.

Belmont Stakes and Breeders’ Cup winning jockey Rene Douglas made his first appearance trackside since his 2009 spill at Arlington Park when he came to see his Private Zone jog the wrong way at Meydan.  A Dubai Golden Shaheen choice, Douglas was flanked by co-owners from Good Friends Stable, including NHL Hall of Famer Denis Savard. Needless to say, dry eyes will be tough to find if the Panamanian****-California-based Canadian-bred wins the Dubai Golden Shaheen.

Thursday at Meydan, the annual Breakfast With the Stars event will lead the docket early for invited guests and ticketholders. Advance weather forecasts for Saturday’s races project plenty of sunshine and a high temperature of 90F/32C.
By:
HKAccie
When: 29 Mar 13 12:06
Shame about the cloud over Eagle Regiment as I would have been going large Ew on him but can't now. I'm not saying he's going to win as I'm not convinced he's up to this class but Frederik Engels is expected to run a big race.
By:
roobuck
When: 29 Mar 13 12:19
Interested in FE myself
By:
HKAccie
When: 29 Mar 13 12:40
Last run was very good against Lucky Nine who would be near the top of the market if running in this, he was drawn 9 of 9 and finished off very well. Think he's overpriced at current market they think he'll be a better horse on the surface but will need some luck in running from gate 1 as he'll be coming from behind. He has definitely taken some time to get to some form in HK as last season was a write off for him, but this season has seen him improve markedly since he was gelded and he's shown some of the potential he had from his 2yo days.
By:
roobuck
When: 29 Mar 13 12:42
As far as the DWC is concerned, I keep coming to Meandre and thinking on ability alone he is very overpriced compared to some in this. OK not having Dubai form is a negative but Fabre knows how to win abroad - if he takes to the surface, certainly has the talent to get involved at the finish
By:
MrDinos
When: 29 Mar 13 12:58
Yep, Freddy is one for me as well, John Moore said the other day his work rider fed back to him that Freddy loved the Tapeta surface. Also JM was happy with the draw, I'm not too sure about that but at the odds I thought he was worth an EW dabble. The race could be set up for his style of running as well if the two American runners Trinniberg and Private Zone go quick out the gates.

I've also gone with French Fifteen (14-1 EW) in the Duty Free, I've been a big fan since his 2 year old days and cannot desert him now. Draw will not be a problem because he likes to be held up off the pace, I'm just praying the race gets a strong pace otherwise FF will be stuffed.

The only other horse I've backed so far is Spirit Quartz (14-1 EW) in the Al Quoz Sprint. The two at the head of the market look very strong but at the prices I thought I would stick with SQ. He ran an OK race last time and I'm hoping he will come on a lot for that run. Trainer thinks he has and looking back to some of his runs last year his two 2nd place finishes to Ortensia is not too shabby.
By:
harry callaghan
When: 29 Mar 13 13:09
really like this race but am really struggling with the pace angle and both my fancies are drawn wide...think the american filly will lead but not sure she is just a top class dirt horse as struggled to hold her position last year, she seems in better form going into the race this year, just think she isn't as good on aw than she is on dirt...

very tricky race but think african gold is slightly overpriced at 9's but like my other fancy animal kingdom neither has a decent draw which tempers enthusiasm to get involved, add to which i feel unless the filly makes it a proper test this could end up like a few other cups and become a muddling affair
By:
SN02
When: 29 Mar 13 13:33
Gr8 posts ty  . Really like Shea Shea . Share a office with Johnny Murtaghs sister in law and was hoping for some info on Saddlers Rock - the reply came back about Ocean Park been the pick

Good Luck
By:
HKAccie
When: 30 Mar 13 16:49
Deary me - FE got no run at all
By:
MrDinos
When: 30 Mar 13 16:56
Everything that could of gone wrong went wrong!!! Blowing the start put him in a right puddle of plop. Cry

The two Hong Kong runners ran very well in the sprint HK, thought FE had a great chance after that.
By:
HKAccie
When: 30 Mar 13 16:59
Can't blame Marwing, the horse was up  and down in the stalls just before the gate opened and missed it, after that no luck. not saying he would have won but he was very unlucky and would have been much closer, the horse probably doesn't know he's had a race.
By:
HKAccie
When: 30 Mar 13 17:00
Jeez - just watched it again, he was stopped 3 times!
By:
MrDinos
When: 30 Mar 13 17:03
Freddy didn't want to settle in the stalls, it was an up hill battle after that. That's horse racing, Spirit Quartz blew the start as well but he wouldn't have got close to the front four in the sprint, way too quick!
By:
HKAccie
When: 30 Mar 13 17:18
Have to take your medicine unfortunately - nothing to be done.
By:
Graeme83
When: 30 Mar 13 19:32
The World Cup was the first and only race i've watched of the carnival. It's funny what landing a bet does to people. Cunningham thinks Animal Kingdom can go to Ascot and fill int he void left by Frankel, after beating Red Cadeaux by a few lengths. Jim McGrath thinks it will be fine travelling over because he's Brazilian bred and runs in America. Deary me. As for the race, well i don't know what to make about it to be honest.
By:
Senor El Betrutti
When: 30 Mar 13 20:50
The Frankel statement was a stretch but he would add some International interest. He's not Brazilian bred, his sire is but Leroidesanimaux was a turf horse in the States, also his dam is German bred and was a group winner there so he will handle turf. I hope he runs as I like the horse and I think he could win the Prince Of Wales's.
By:
MrDinos
When: 30 Mar 13 21:36
I think Ed Dunlop summed it all up by saying they went for the World Cup instead of the Sheema Classic because it looked the easier option of the two races.
By:
Senor El Betrutti
When: 30 Mar 13 22:03
I'm not too sure about that I think both races were fairly poor but competitive renewals, I think the current crop of 4yo+ 10 furlong horses are very average. Now Frankel, So You Think, Twice Over and Nathaniel are all retired there isn't much left. Cirrus Des Aigles is very good but I think he's beatable. St Nick imo needs at least 12 furlongs, Snow Fairy is good but is injury prone, is Farhh really that good? I'm not so sure. Then there's Camelot who I'm willing to take on as last years Classic crop were so poor imo. There may be a few others that have escaped my memory. I'm sure Animal Kingdom will be just as good on turf and the more I think about it the more I like him for the Prince Of Wales's but I'm sure I'll probably be wrong knowing my luck.
By:
MrDinos
When: 30 Mar 13 23:13
I don't think Animal Kingdom has to prove anything on turf because he showed last year he's competitive on the surface coming second to Wise Dan at the Breeders Cup. As you say he has more of a turf pedigree than dirt, it was more remarkable he won the Kentucky Derby than the race today. The Tapeta surface looked ideal for him and he won the race as he liked, it was very smooth.

I think Ed Dunlop went for the World Cup with Red Cadeaux instead of the Sheema Classic because he got stuffed by SNA (Coronation Cup) and Gentildonna (Japan Cup) last year, to be fair he was fully justified with his decision/reasoning.

Agree with you Senor the 3 year old colts from last year were and still are a crap bunch and I backed one today! Laugh
By:
jair1970
When: 30 Mar 13 23:25
Hey Senor.

St Nicholas Abbey has always been top class over 12f left handed on decent ground and Cirrus Des Aigles is one of the best RACEhorses we've seen in recent years.

I'll concede there may be a lack of worldies otehrwise and last year's 3yos were poor by recent standards but those 2 need not earn criticism IMO
By:
Senor El Betrutti
When: 30 Mar 13 23:50
Hi Jair

I'm not criticising either horse, St Nick is very good but as you say he is best over 12 furlongs or further (I think he could be a great Cup horse but that won't happen) he just doesn't quite have the speed for 10 he was staying on well in the Irish Champion last year if I remember correctly. I also agree that CDA is very good but he is beatable (Golden Lilac and Byword have beaten him in recent times, both good horses but not exceptional). I'm not saying I expect Animal Kingdom to beat CDA but I believe could beat him but I would expect AK to beat SNA over 10 furlongs at Ascot.

Mr Dinos, sorry I forgot that AK ran in the BC Mile Turf (I had it in my mind it was the Dirt) You are right Ed Dunlop chose the right race to run in.

I am more than likely getting carried away with this horse but I just hope he gets to run at Royal Ascot so I can find out how wrong I am!!
By:
MrDinos
When: 31 Mar 13 00:12
I would love to see Animal Kingdom at Royal Ascot, he's shown good form on turf and I also think he will be competitive. Jockey booking will be interesting if he does rock up... who will get the ride!!!
By:
Senor El Betrutti
When: 31 Mar 13 00:27
I think he looks a pretty straightforward ride I would be quite happy with someone like Olivier Peslier, I think they might use John Velazquez he won the Derby on him and he won a couple of races at Royal Ascot a few years ago.
By:
HKAccie
When: 31 Mar 13 01:33
Has there been any update on Snow Fairy recently?
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com