Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
IrisDeBalme
04 Mar 13 21:22
| Topic/replies: 1,986 | Blogger: IrisDeBalme's blog
Mr Mole ...really catches the eye here at 9/2 with Hillbillies. He is owned by JP McManus... so they may have something up their sleeve, reckon McCoy will be on board... Looking at the horses form he beat Melodic Rendevous... so has to have some class about him, considering how good MD is.  He is a very lightly raced and only met defeat once.  He could be another plot horse... I think he will be a strong favourite for the County Hurdle... if he wins here, so will be looking at prices for him to do the double.  Although the price is not very good... I think you will find it contracting even further if connections confirm the horse, wont be suprised if its 11/4 by Wednesday / Thursday, thats if the connections give the right vibe.  Nicholls had a good Saturday and may be destined for another one... JP horse with Nicholls and McCoy... I think I will have a max bet on this one.

At bigger prices I strongly fancy Paintball, has been rested since defeat in November, and having scooted in this race last year, I reckon will be more or less on the same mark as his form has dipped since.  I think the rest will suit this horse and will be fresh on Saturday.  If Noel Fehily picks up the ride, I would back this each way, will be suprised if it didnt make the top four.

Those are my two at the early stages.

Good Luck
Pause Switch to Standard View IMPERIAL CUP- MR Mole 9/2 Paintball...
Show More
Report Anaglogs Daughter March 6, 2013 11:26 AM GMT
Mr Mole imperial run in limbo as connections consider options

Wednesday, March 06, 2013

By Colin Wilson irishexaminer.ie

Supporters of ante-post favourite Mr Mole have been advised to hold their bets on Paul Nicholls’ charge in the Paddy Power Imperial Cup at Sandown on Saturday.

Connections of the lightly-raced five-year-old, owned by JP McManus, have yet to decide whether to take up either of his engagements on the same card.

He also holds an entry in the EBF paddypower.com “National Hunt” Novices’ Handicap Hurdle Final at the Esher track.

“Mr Mole is in the Paddy Power Imperial Cup and the other race and we will see how he is and I’ll be speaking to Paul tomorrow evening or Thursday and a decision will then be made by Paul where he wants to go,” said McManus’ racing manager, Frank Berry.

“I would say that punters should definitely hold their bets for the Imperial Cup until the decision is made as to which race is best.

“The horse jumped well and won nicely last time at Taunton and you’d have to be pleased with that and he wouldn’t mind what the ground is like.”

Mr Mole also holds an entry in the Vincent O’Brien County Handicap Hurdle at next week’s Cheltenham Festival.

Paddy Power are putting up a £75,000 bonus for the winner of the Imperial Cup to go on and land any race at the Festival.

“As for the County Hurdle, let’s get Saturday out of the way first,” said Berry.

McManus could instead be represented in the Imperial Cup by the Philip Hobbs-trained Thunderstorm, who has won his last five races.

“He has come out of his last race at Taunton well and Philip will see how the ground and weather is tomorrow and make a decision then,” said Berry.

“He has been running on easy ground all the time. He’s had a few problems over the years and definitely prefers easy ground.”
Report Ballydoyle March 7, 2013 10:17 AM GMT
Does Me Mole run in this?
Report liqernpoker March 7, 2013 11:48 AM GMT
declared
Report bluebirdfan March 7, 2013 6:16 PM GMT
What does anyone make of the John Ferguson runner Pine Creek?
Report IrisDeBalme March 7, 2013 10:04 PM GMT
Tipped by Malcolm Heyhoe in the weekender... "John Ferguson came close to making a big breakthrough as a trainer when Cotton Mill was second to My Tent or yours in BETFAIR HURDLE and he could go one better with PINE CREEK.  An eyecatcher ever since he set foot over hurdles at Folkestone in December, the so of Doyen has shown a fine turn of foot to land his last two races at Leicester and Doncaster in the style of a most progressive horse.  He also showed tenacity in holding off the runner up in Town Moor last time and the quality, allied to his strong travelling, may well make him the ideal sort for this race off a mark of 130 on his handicap debut..."
Report the yomper March 8, 2013 1:32 PM GMT
I like the ex french horse Rockawango at an e-way price.It jumped and travelled well at Ayr last time behind Simply Ned(cheltenham bound)and showed much improved form from his earlier uk starts.I know it was a small field at Ayr but worth an e-way tickle.The trainer had the third in the grimthorpe at donnie from 9lb out of the h-cap last week.
Report booster March 8, 2013 4:07 PM GMT
Tominator looks very well treated to me. Can't see many in here who could have given him a race on the flat and surely this is what he was bought to do.
Report Facts March 8, 2013 5:51 PM GMT
agreed
Report conditor March 8, 2013 6:18 PM GMT
Kizlian is the one to be on ,
Report EdwardWoowardWould March 9, 2013 9:59 AM GMT
General Miller

Been really fancied for some very good races and has always been high,y thought of

Beat Menorah off level weights when a stone wrong and has had a few problems

If right he is very well in here at 22/1 with BG on is worth a shout

Shammick Boy 30 on here could be an improver for a yard that takes it's time and the fact he is still hurdling means Dartnal thinks it's mark is feasable as he likes to send em chasing as soon as he can.

Fav could be a blot on his Melodic Rendezvouz form but the value has long since gone imo
Report IrisDeBalme March 9, 2013 11:36 AM GMT
Bit annoyed paintball is out... I assume its the ground... thought he would be a cert to turn up...
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com