Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
abbott
12 Feb 13 13:46
| Topic/replies: 1,134 | Blogger: abbott's blog
Venue: The Almada Suite, Hamilton Council Buildings, Almada Street, Hamilton ML3 0AA

Time:Doors Open 6.30pm Preview start 7.15pm Finish 11.20pm last order 11.45pm

Host:  Gordon Brown (RUK)
Panel: Fergal O'Brien (Trainer)
       Mark Howard (RUK)
       Ian Roninson (Imperial Racing)
       Ian Taylor (Garry Owen-Daily Record)
       Trevor Harris (Star Sports)

Phone Interviews: David Pipe and Gordon Elliot +1

Ticket Price: £12 in advance £15 on the door.

Star Sports will be offering a £25 match bet on the night plus enhanced odd.

I know these night get a lot of stick but last years produced a load of winners including NAPS from the panel Alfie Sherrin 25/1, Teeforthree 8/1 Salut Flo 9/2 Overturn e/w 25/1.

For up to date information on the preview to book tickets  and for information on Imperial Commander on the lead up to the Gold Cup you can follow me on Twitter @abbottracingnow or @Imperial_Racing or http://www.imperial-horseracing.com/

Or phone Paul 07877168120

Stay Lucky

Abbott
Pause Switch to Standard View Scotland's No1 Cheltenham Preview...
Show More
Report abbott February 15, 2013 6:12 PM GMT
TTT
Report OliasOfSunhillow February 19, 2013 11:40 PM GMT
I really do wonder why people attend these preview nights. They are usually sponsored by bookmakers (there's your first clue), they always have a group of panelists who if set afloat with 30k to bet for a living with would be starving by Christmas. If you want to pick up a shed load of betting bad habits from a bunch of journalists and bookmakers then by all means hand your cash over.
Report abbott February 20, 2013 1:11 PM GMT
Thanks for the comments.
You clearly have no clue about what goes on at one of these nights and why people attend, I doubt you have ever attended one and most definitely haven’t been to this one. I would appreciate it if in future you keep your negative and ill-informed comments of this thread.

:)
Report jameschildshieldwinner February 20, 2013 1:28 PM GMT
Whose knocked u off your perch Abbott? Surely people are entitled to their opinion. You are hyping it up as Scotlands No1 Cheltenham preview night. Surely this is Scotlands ONLY Cheltenham preview night?
Report abbott February 20, 2013 1:49 PM GMT
To be fair james it's actually 1 of 4 that I know of.
People are entitled to their opinion especially on here but the above comments read like  its all a big con set up by bookmakers to fleece punters.
My night is set up by me for anybody that wants to come along to have a good night, plenty of drink and racing chat.
Nobody goes to these nights expecting to come away with every winner but at my night there are some exceptionally good judges and last year was exceptionally good for winners.
Maybe I was a bit harsh but making comment like that about something he has no personal  experience of and don’t understand does leave him open for reply.
Report OliasOfSunhillow February 20, 2013 3:58 PM GMT
So let me get this right you want us to attend a chelt betting symposium and listen to and get advice on what to bet at Chelt's from the head of ante post betting at a bookmaker, a journalist, a guy who runs a racing syndicate and to top it all Gordon Brown.
Report duffy February 20, 2013 5:35 PM GMT
I think that the point of these nights is to allow people to enjoy the build up to the festival, with the long drag to the actual day, these events go some way to bridge that gap along the way, no-one expects everything to be taken as gospel, it just helps to break up the endless wait for the festival itself.
Report dirtycash February 20, 2013 10:02 PM GMT
May I just add that Abbott has organised the above event for a number of years very successfully indeed. The panel are regulars who are very knowledgable horse racing enthusiasts and have had a number of festival winners between them. As Duffy commented these events are part of the build up for festival goers and a rare chance to have a chat with panelists. Mark Howard in particular mixes with the crowd at the break and kindly answers questions.
I for one will be in the 100+ crowd looking forward to the Greatest Show on Earth.
Enjoy.
Report jameschildshieldwinner February 21, 2013 8:43 AM GMT
Abbott, As I stay in Edinburgh, getting to Hamilton is not really on my horizon. I do agree that this type of event is good fun and Mark Howard always has a reasoned approach to any race and is worth listening to. Can you share with me where the other 3 preview nights are to be held in Scotland.
Report abbott February 21, 2013 2:00 PM GMT
Hi James none your way Im afraid. There is one in Glasgow next Tuesday, one up North the Thursday before mine (not sure exactly how far up) and one on the Sunday before Cheltenham that Gordon Brown hosts, Jim Goldie and James Ewart are on the panel. cant remember the venue but I will ask Gordon and post on here.
Report the yomper February 21, 2013 4:33 PM GMT
Ive been to abbot,s preview night in the past and would like to give his night a big thumbs up.I even took the wife and still enjoyed it.Keep up the good work sir!
Report johnn February 22, 2013 3:24 PM GMT
I took the wife two years ago.
Might take the new wife this year.
Report Chad Collins number wan February 23, 2013 11:57 AM GMT
Not been to one of these before but giving it a go this year!  hopefully some good bevvies and some good banter, not going to take it too seriously, but hopefully get the odd useful pointer!
Report Fabulous February 23, 2013 1:13 PM GMT
I've been to last 2 chad, it's a good night, and worth going. Sadly struggling to make it this year Sad
Report abbott February 28, 2013 11:47 AM GMT
Cheers for the comments guys. Hoep to see you all there.
Report Fabulous February 28, 2013 11:46 PM GMT
Not looking good for me abbot.
Report dirtycash March 3, 2013 2:33 PM GMT
NOT LONG NOW!!!!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com