Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cryoftruth
04 Sep 12 15:22
| Topic/replies: 7,364 | Blogger: cryoftruth's blog
I expect there will be a few stoutly bred fillies making their debuts soon, so its a bit early to get excited, but Liber Nauticus looks a very likely sort to me.

20 Magicswine (quel surprise), 25's with 365 and Willhiilz.

Case for the filly is trainer and jockey (Stoute/Fallon)
Filly took an age to get the hang of what was going on today, but in an interesting maiden finally got the hang of things in the last half furlong before zooming past the others. Tons of scope and will improve.

Stoutly bred (pun accepted sorry), by Azamour out of a mare by Daylami, grand dam by Saddlers Wells, and related to Conduit amongst others; so tons of stamina and class; she looks a very good filly in the making. She looks absolutely certain to improve considerably next year - aTimeform big P horse if ever there was one.

Can't say 25's is much value but for those who like an early shot at the Oaks she looks interesting.

Trouble with waiting is she is likely to contest things like the filly's mile or May Hill soon and she would be quite a bit shorter if she won one of those as does seem possible given her good start.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 5
By:
jonjo
When: 04 Sep 12 19:27
Not in the fillies mile & likely that the May Hill would come soon enough, that only leaves that Montrose Listed race at the last HQ meeting as a possible target, almost certain not to run again this season imo
By:
cryoftruth
When: 05 Sep 12 16:40
Thanks Jonjo

did you think she looked an interesting prospect too?
By:
Cream Of The Crop
When: 09 Sep 12 23:30
Agree with Jonjo. I would be surprised if Stoute bothered to run her again this year. She is bred to excel at three over middle distances, and that she won at all at Goodwood last week was a measure of the raw ability she possesses. Some of Stoute's recent Classic winners have been put away after maiden wins in September, namely Golan, North Light and Workforce (last two named actually opened their account at Goodwood), and I would imagine it will be a similar story with this filly.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 10 Sep 12 12:59
Fair shout COT, for whats it's worth with the Oaks in mind I was quite taken with Tarana (John Oxx / Aga Khan) at the Curragh yesterday.
By:
jonjo
When: 16 Sep 12 11:07
Couldnt help but like what she showed at Goodwood imo
Ought to be loads more to come if she winters ok?
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com