Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Meat Loaf
17 Jan 12 16:41
| Topic/replies: 3,360 | Blogger: Meat Loaf's blog
The new Grand National rules are confusing me. You now have to "finish in the top 4 in a steeplechase over 3 miles or more".

So can you finish 4th in a 4 runner race or does it mean placed in a 16 runner handicap?

When do you have to finish 4th by? Time of entries? Time of weights published? Final decs?

The reason why I ask is I fancy Little Josh to run a big race in the National if it is entitled to run. Currently it hasn't been palced over 3 miles over fences.

Thanks in advance.......
Pause Switch to Standard View A question...................
Show More
Report BJG January 17, 2012 6:01 PM GMT
The drop at Becher's Brook has been reduced.

The height of two fences has been lowered.

Jockeys must now have won a minimum of fifteen races, including ten in steeplechases.

The minimum official rating for horses running in the National has been raised to 120 from 110, which increases, albeit modestly, the quality of the worst horses running.

The minimum age of horses allowed to compete has been raised from six years old to seven.

All horses taking part must have been placed fourth or better in a steeplechase over at least three miles.
Report BJG January 17, 2012 6:02 PM GMT
Presume its placed 4th in any sort of race over 3m with ay field size
Report bazzar January 17, 2012 10:13 PM GMT
Which is almost the criteria of MANY years ago whereby a horse could be placed in first 4 in any steeplechase over the Aintree course, as has been pointed out 4th in a 2 mile selling 'chase with only 4 runners, and in those days they could re-mount.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com