Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Albion Dan
20 Apr 11 19:44
| Topic/replies: 686 | Blogger: Albion Dan's blog
Surprised this lad hasn't got his own thread. His run in the RP was very promising considering it was only his third, and first in group company, and his pedigree points to him being a lot better at 3 over middle distances. He's been fairly solid in the betting all winter, and hopefully we will see him in something like the Dante quite soon.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 212
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Apr 11 19:55
Hope so Dan, loved his debut, requested a price the next day and got 50's Love

Back of my mind says he may be 3rd or 4th then be the Leger horse though Confused
By:
Albion Dan
When: 20 Apr 11 20:04
Couple of people have said he may be a Leger horse but I dont see why. His pedigree doesnt suggest he will need further than 1m4, and although he was outpaced by Casamento and Dubai Prince last year, they certainly have speedier pedigrees, and he had the pace to beat everything else in the RP over a mile last year.
Nice price by the way!
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Apr 11 20:10
Yes i'm probably being a bit pessimistic. Just with the dam winning over further than 1m4f on soft (and I seem to remember her only leading close home) that's probably in my mind... but yeah he does look to have pace and as you say the ex-sheikh's he's been behind would be more milers to 10 furlong horses.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 20:19
He was destroyed by Dubai Price on Debut.....fair enough improve for the run. But looks a St Leger horse....the way he ran in the Racing Post just screamed Leger horse to me. He was outdone by Casemento for pace and Casamento is not much of a quickener more of a high class grinder.
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Apr 11 20:23
destroyed Confused
By:
Albion Dan
When: 20 Apr 11 20:24
Yet he still beat everything else in the field over a mile, form of which has been franked a few times already. Also his pedigree suggests he will better whatever he achieved last year at 3. He looks to have more gears than something like Fame and Glory, and but for a legend he'd have won a derby.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 20:25
[;)]
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 20:27
I understand when people bring the Pedigree into it....but just the way he ran. I think he in trouble for pace especially against horses like Carlton House and World Domination and i have to wait and see about Recital my own antepost bet.

All answers will be on Dante day when he takes on the Best of the English hopefully. Looks fairly certain he go down that route
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Apr 11 20:30
He actually put a few lengths daylight between himself and the pack about a furlong out in the RP, until Casamento went by.

Your on Recital? What did you make of his last run?
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 20:35
Racing Post is just a race i rather wait to see how it works out.

Yes had a good size bet antepost and was very disappointed initially but the D Day is Derrinstown....if he has a poor run their i lay off as much as i can. Thought he has the change of gear needed but the lack of final effort was troubling.

The only saving grace is how string he is in the Market
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 20:35
strong*
By:
Albion Dan
When: 20 Apr 11 20:38
I wouldnt have been too disappointed with his run if I was on Recital,a s it was a fairly tender ride. He looked to pick them up quite well before not seeing it out, so Im sure he will probably come on for that run.
As you mention Rhinestone, he beat everything else in the field so cant be lacking pace. Master of Hounds, Native Khan, Dubawi Gold and Dunboyne Express all held up the form since.
By:
TAPK
When: 20 Apr 11 20:38
Ruby,Recital has No chance of beating SEVILLE and neither would Dubai Prince,everything Sevvy did last year was a bonus,you wont see the best of this fellow until he goes over 11/2m.
By:
rhinestone
When: 20 Apr 11 20:39
Well the RP could not have worked out any better already...

Yes does seem strong on here, thought he'd have gone to 20's myself.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 20:45
[;)] Well See TAPK......they should have a ballydoyle market on the dayLaugh
By:
jonibake
When: 20 Apr 11 21:10
I'm still trying to work out how Dubai Prince destroyed him?? It was an ever diminishing length! Interesting that AOB then decided to drop him in trip to 7f for his next race which he won. Hardly smacks of a leger horse with no speed!

The only way I can see him and Recital even ending up in the same race is if AOB decides to use Recital as a pacemaker.
By:
rubyisgodinthesaddle
When: 20 Apr 11 21:50
Destroyed was tounge and cheekLaugh hence the[;)];....no he ran a good race on debut beaten a very good horse. Then hacked up in a dire maiden and then went on to doncaster and did run a very good race in good to soft ground coming 2nd.

I can see why people like him but give me a proper Derrinstown House for AOB any day over whatever else he has in the stable. We yet to see Seville and he didn't work at the Curragh when he brought up 50 odd horses. No words from the stable what so ever....we assume the dante as he wont run him against Recital for obvious reasons.

Recital as a pacemaker is a outrageous statement just like mine about Seville getting destroyedMischiefMischief
By:
jonibake
When: 21 Apr 11 07:12
That comment was tongue in cheek as well but I am not very good with these symbols Love
By:
Albion Dan
When: 21 Apr 11 17:00
He's achieved more than things like Carlton House and World Domination to date that are shorter than him in the betting, and the fact he has been fairly solid in the betting suggests he has wintered well and hopefully will be out soon.
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 21:25
Great thread Dan and one that will be recalled ttt many times for you.

He's a fine looking fellow, a beautiful imposing type of colt as a 3YO and you'll smile when you see him. He's developed well into his frame over the winter and physically he's in superb shape. Try to get a close up of him in the parade ring if you can.

As a Galileo out of Silverskaya (by Silver Hawk) he's a beautifully bred colt and there are some big races to be won with him this season.
By:
bestmate
When: 21 Apr 11 21:35
nice to see the endorement SOF
what about MARKSMANSHIP?
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 21:49
Great call bestmate - did you see him there at The Curragh the last day??
By:
Albion Dan
When: 21 Apr 11 22:34
Thanks SOF, listen he has speed to burn. They could probably drop him back to 5f do you understand? But he has so much class.
By:
bestmate
When: 21 Apr 11 22:37
seen the video SOF & liked what I saw[;)]
where next?
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 22:51
He looked stunning in the parade ring there bestmate and a superb performance on the track under a fine ride.

I don't know for sure where next but a run in the UK looks highly likely - Lingfield or York??

From a very reliable source I hear they are aiming this horse at the Epsom Derby.
By:
jair1970
When: 21 Apr 11 22:53
Amongst 9 others, maybe? Confused
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 23:01
jair I heard recital and marksmanship for sure through the trials, plus seville is a stunning looking 3YO but I don't know the path for him.
By:
jair1970
When: 21 Apr 11 23:13
Yeah, only kidding, they did run 9 one year though!

Last year I was of the opinion that they were a bit short on decent colts, only Zoffany looked good. Then late on Roderic, Master of Hounds, Seville and Recital showed good form.  Marksmanship is probably the only one to have emerged this season so far and apologies for the cliche, but they all could be anything
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 23:18
All of them look fast enough for a July Cup jair Laugh
By:
jair1970
When: 21 Apr 11 23:26
So does Frankel!ShockedHappy
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 23:31
Sad
By:
jair1970
When: 21 Apr 11 23:46
Turn that frown upside down

Means he won't win the Derby  Grin
By:
soldieroffortune
When: 21 Apr 11 23:52
Grin
By:
eric_morris
When: 22 Apr 11 05:34
jair1970 displaying the brains of a doughnut as usual. soldieroffortune doesnt seem to get out much he thinks the only horses in existence are at Ballydoyle ffs it must be like someone asking someone in the States the directions to Jakarta asking him re a horse from another stable.  Laugh
By:
cryoftruth
When: 22 Apr 11 09:57
solieroffortune

Don't you think that Seville a bit like yourself, may need a decent amount of give and also a real test of stamina to show his best?
By:
cryoftruth
When: 22 Apr 11 09:58
eric

go and ruin a different forum thread with your stupid insults and sly digs. Either that or grow up.
By:
mythical prince
When: 22 Apr 11 12:45
surely prince khalid has the derby in the bag.
By:
Albion Dan
When: 22 Apr 11 15:51
Because he has Frankel who might not run, and a maiden winner?
By:
jair1970
When: 22 Apr 11 17:12
And the winner of a conditions race  [;)]
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo