Forums

Horse Antepost

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
platinni
15 May 10 16:42
| Topic/replies: 3,035 | Blogger: platinni's blog
Paco fav

Ho ho ho Laugh

Rip Van 2/1 plus?  dream of this kind of bet

too soon to pile in?

Cool

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 139
By:
Shark12
When: 15 May 10 16:49
Lockinge winners have a terrible record in the Queen Anne so id be wanting a lot more than current prices for Paco Boy.

RVW is interesting but I wouldnt play until I know he's a definite...with all the injury problems he had last year I dont think an ante-post bet would be a wise thing just yet.
By:
platinni
When: 15 May 10 16:53
fair point shark

anyone else not getting carried away with paco today?
By:
Soap
When: 15 May 10 16:59
me as beat nowt
By:
turnip turns
When: 15 May 10 17:05
Yeah,me,Paco is a good horse,but top draw ?  won a weak Group1 today imo,when it's up against the very best around and beats them ,i will eat my humble pie,until then.....
By:
platinni
When: 15 May 10 17:08
aye tt, soap Cool
By:
trev w
When: 15 May 10 17:20
if zacinto had run his race...would have helped given his run with RVW last yr..but did'nt so courts still out for me with regards paco.

but RVW 1st time out would be a concern for me @ ascot..looking at his horses needing a run..
By:
platinni
When: 15 May 10 17:21
midas touch and cape blanco ran like dogs alright Plain
By:
rhinestone
When: 15 May 10 17:23
Don't forget Goldilocks as well.
By:
trev w
When: 15 May 10 17:23
Plain fair enough...some...
By:
downallstar
When: 15 May 10 17:25
Rip will turn lame as always and beat Paco as always, PB won another poor G1 today, the only decent horse in the race didn't run his race. The rest were G3 horses.

Needing a run at Royal Ascot time trev Confused find another cliche please Mischief
By:
trev w
When: 15 May 10 17:31
what about "listen" or "do you understand"
By:
downallstar
When: 15 May 10 17:35
Do you, understand trev? MischiefSilly
By:
trev w
When: 15 May 10 17:37
i dont think i do tbhSilly
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 15 May 10 19:16
Is The Ripper a definite runner??

btw down, you can tell you took on Paco today judged by your post there! Laugh
By:
fuzzyone
When: 15 May 10 19:21
Needs to get a prep run first and then wooooooooooosh GOLDIKOVA Love WINS
By:
downallstar
When: 15 May 10 19:23
At least I had a bet in the race Gunny Mischief
Zacinto blew his chance in the parade ring though. Cry
PB was too short for me, don't back odds on.

Tbh am only stirring it up, too far out to be calling it. [;)]
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 15 May 10 19:25
I had a bet Plain

couldn't call this atm, but it's RVW's to lose if he turns up. could go off pretty short though.
By:
Far From Trouble
When: 15 May 10 19:51
I dont think todays race was that bad tbh. The other placed horses Ouqba and Lord Shanakill are very smart horses on their day, and they certainly ran their races.

However Goldie is the one to beat if she turns up imo
By:
platinni
When: 15 May 10 20:08
rip slam goldilocks by an eased 4 lts and then rapes her in the winners enclosure Shocked

yep

Cool
By:
Belmez
When: 15 May 10 20:09
Other than RVW/Paco/Goldi what else turns up here?
Zacinto
Ouqba
Lord Shanakill

Godolphin have a good record?- thats why I asked about Delegator earlier today.

other than these - can't see any other serious runners
Arabian Gleam & Dream Eater may make up the numbers again
Goldi ran poorly first time up last year and as people state RVW may need the run
Hard to see past PB at this stage and another Hughes first day treble (as appears to have good chances in SJP & Cov) looks a possibility
By:
fuzzyone
When: 15 May 10 20:23
Plat have you been necking Absinthe or something? Goldie laughs at RVW.
By:
topweight
When: 15 May 10 21:06
If RVW turns up it hoses up. if not then coolmore will run starspangled who will beat Goldi  imo
By:
unclepuncle
When: 15 May 10 21:17
Never been a RVW fan, and given the doubts about him and Goldikova turning up in peak condition I reckon 2/1 Pacos is a prefectly valid price.

Even if all 3 turned up fit and well it's probably 2/1 each of 3 in my book so given he has shown himself 100% fit and ready and as good (or better) than last year then I couldn't really critisicise anyone who backed him.
By:
johnnyrant
When: 15 May 10 21:54
Goldikova is in a different league imo. Paco Boy beat trees today off a slow pace.
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 15 May 10 21:57
agree, don't think Goldikova would see which way the Ripper goes.
By:
jair1970
When: 15 May 10 22:31
when's goldikova prepping then?
cos she'll need it if she's to win here
By:
Waiting for Godot
When: 16 May 10 07:30
In March Head  said that Goldikova would make her debut in the Prix D'Ispahan,which is at Longchamp on 23 May
(she finished 7th in same race last year)
He added''she must have a run before the Queen Anne,but it will all depend on the ground''
She has only 2 engagements,D'Ispahan and Queen Anne
By:
fuzzyone
When: 16 May 10 08:56
If she gets the prep run then the Queen Anne is hers for the taking imo. GOLDIE Love
By:
Graeme83
When: 16 May 10 09:08
Give that bookies and odds compilers read this forum, we can all wave goodbye to any decent price for Goldikova.
By:
Shark12
When: 16 May 10 09:12
Forgot that Goldikova is likely to run - so taking 2/1 for RVW is a definite no no.

Could actually turn out to be the best race at Royal Ascot this year - something which I never thought id say given the line ups in recent times.

Godolphin do have a tremendous record in this race and they do like to target it (despite last years woeful performance) so would expect whatever they send would have a live chance.

For me though the winner has to be Goldikova if she's in anything like the form of last year.
By:
fuzzyone
When: 16 May 10 09:13
I totally disagree, the French horses are always underestimated when they run over here and bigger priced as a result. More so if the Coolmore team have runners as they are always under-priced regardless of form.
By:
unclepuncle
When: 16 May 10 10:38
Well if Paco is the outsider of the 3 on the day at around 3/1 or bigger then I'll probably back him.
By:
TD_Gunner
When: 16 May 10 11:02
3/1 or bigger Shocked not sure about that .....
By:
fuzzyone
When: 16 May 10 11:12
pad power have prices
By:
unclepuncle
When: 17 May 10 09:01
I expect Paco's to be favorite but the way some posters are saying it's a match between RVW and Goldikova then if they are right, and betting to a 10% over-round or so, surely it would be something like 6/4 each of those two, and 3/1 Pacos, 20/1 bar?
By:
sintonian
When: 17 May 10 10:09
Godolphin could send Calming Influence .. he was an impressive winer last time out in ... DUBAI .. but you never know.

Zacinto is overrated anyways. He only got so close to Rip Monster because Murtagh had to kick early to make it a test. Zacinto had his chance but couldnt/didn't go through with it.

I'd back RIP on the day not ante-post given his little foot niggles which seem to be re-occuring.
By:
sintonian
When: 17 May 10 10:13
Simon Crisford said Delegaotr likely to start off at 6f.

Calming Influence for Al Zharooni could be their runner.
By:
Teddy Sheringham
When: 17 May 10 17:22
is RVW confirmed for this? who are coolmore running in the POW?
By:
jair1970
When: 17 May 10 18:21
powers have got paco boy 7/4 rvw 2/1 goldikova 7/2 Shocked
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo