Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Shrews
08 Apr 10 20:45
| Topic/replies: 288 | Blogger: Shrews's blog
Cerium is an interesting one that i've got my eye on. He finished 5th last year and ran an entire circuit with a fractured skull

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/10/04/07/RACING_National.html

Not guaranteed a run yet though as he needs to come out of the race (ballotted 42 and there's only 40 runners). His connections may even pull out their other horse Mr Pointment to get him in the race if only one other drops out.

Same prep as last year, Gold Cup then National. Last time there were some stamina doubts about him but he obviously proved that all wrong so a bit more may be made of him this time and I suspect he's been aimed at the race.

66/1 is way too big a price for a horse that finished 5th with a fractured skull ! His price will surely drop once he's a confirmed runner and the public get wind of the story.
Pause Switch to Standard View Ceriums fractured skull (2009 National)
Show More
Report dananders April 8, 2010 9:47 PM BST
he wont get in
Report ben10 April 8, 2010 9:48 PM BST
I wonder if he was actually ridden to win the race last year (let's face it no one expected him to), which allowed him to have something in reserve when passing beaten and tired horses. Good luck if he gets in, looks a big price, if you're looking at last year's race State Of Play is well worth a look imo.
Report EastLower Gooner April 9, 2010 2:52 AM BST
i remember that....at the time i specualted that maybe it was the fractured skull that allowed him to run so well ie

hard sharp knock to the skull and gets a massive adrenaline surge from it.

just wierd thinking on my part...lol .

good luck..
Report doogs April 9, 2010 9:28 AM BST
Get's in :- Mr Pointment and Abbeybraney have been declared non-runners for the John Smith's Grand National, paving the way clear for Cerium and Royal Rosa to run in the race.

First-reserve Silver Birch has also been withdrawn, and is instead poised to run in this afternoon's John Smith's Topham Chase.

North Yorkshire trainer Paul Murphy issued a veterinary certificate for Mr Pointment and is to rely upon stablemate Cerium.

The nine-year-old, who is due to be ridden by Davy Russell, finished fifth in last year's National at odds of 100-1.

Howard Johnson has also substituted Royal Rosa for Abbeybraney after the latter had not eaten up overnight.

The Graham Wylie-owned 11-year-old is set to be partnered by Wilson Renwick.

Knowhere, the fourth reserve on the initial National list, has been eliminated.
Report TEN2FOLLOWER April 9, 2010 9:43 AM BST
Strange how the two withdrawn get stablemates in. hmmmmmmm.
Report doogs April 9, 2010 9:46 AM BST
Considering both trainers have said all week they would do what they've done today you've got to laugh at Abbeybraney 'not eaten up' and what exactly does Mr Murphy's vets certificate say about Mr Pointment !!!!
Report top3 makin ahern and de souza April 9, 2010 9:48 AM BST
ante post these two go as non runners i imagine as opposed to money back for the balloted out horses
Report doogs April 9, 2010 9:49 AM BST
^ correct, no money back
Report Shrews April 9, 2010 7:11 PM BST
Dead chuffed this ones got a run. Not sure that the ground is entirely in it's favour though but together with Hello Bud a decent run should be had with two very nice prices.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com