Forums

Horse Antepost

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
geoff m
07 Apr 10 11:21
| Topic/replies: 17,641 | Blogger: geoff m's blog
I see godolphin moved back into newmarket yesterday.
Have they now had a change of policy in returning earlier as in previous yrs they used to have a trial @ Nad Al Sheba around the time of the craven meeting.
Pause Switch to Standard View Godolphin horses & 2000 GNS
Show More
Report jonjo April 7, 2010 12:54 PM BST
Bout time they looked at it imo Geoff, they have started the last two or three seasons as though the horses legs are tied together...
Report ben10 April 7, 2010 12:55 PM BST
Agreed, sensible move
Report jamesp April 7, 2010 12:58 PM BST
I seem to recall having read somewhere that Godolphin may have one or two runners in the traditional Guineas trials at Newmarket and Newbury. Their normal selection policy for the classics (involving racecourse gallops/trials in Dubai) seems to have been abandoned.
Report jonjo April 7, 2010 1:12 PM BST
Be nice to see some of the traditional trials get a bit of a boost....
Craven/Greenham combo both suffered of late imo
Report cryoftruth April 7, 2010 1:23 PM BST
The one horse that was mentioned in the recent Godolphin stable tour as a genuine classic prospect was Al Zir. Of course he will need to have progressed since last year, but he looked like a horse that would do much better at 3 than 2.
Report jamesp April 7, 2010 1:32 PM BST
I agree, Al Zir looks to be their main hope. There was some talk that Poet's Voice might head over the channel for the French Guineas, but that horse's tendency to hang left (he did it in three of his races last year) means he would surely be unsuited to the round course at Longchamp...
Report Shark12 April 7, 2010 5:09 PM BST
Godolphin came back to Newmarket around the same time last year (i.e. 3 weeks before the Guineas) - 2010 is the second year that they have arrived back earlier.

However, note that only Suroor's string have arrived back today (Godolphin stables). As far as im aware Zarooni's string hasnt yet arrived back at Moulton Paddocks.

This year will be interesting as Godolphin have 2 trainers, 2 different set of training methods, based at different stables, each having a different set of horses - I think we can then decide whether Suroor is really any good or whether its just because they have dump horses.
Report Shark12 April 7, 2010 5:11 PM BST
For me Poet's Voice needs a pacemaker to try and get him to settle. Frankie said so after the Champagne stakes and why they didnt run one in the Middle Park lord only knows.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com